Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Racing Against the Moon

Started by visualspice, June 26, 2013, 04:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It took a few moments for Dylanna's head to stop spinning, and by then, she noticed the approach of Rufus. Peering up at him, she tried to stand again, thankfully, this time, with more success.
"So what's our plan?" she inquired, cutting right to the chase. "It looks as if the only place here that woman could have taken Samuel to is that light house." And she peered at it from over her shoulder, then looked back at Rufus. It was then she noticed.. something peculiar in his gaze as she furrowed his brow and inquired.. "What? Is something wrong?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Aeytrious

"I want you to stay back here with Swab. You'll be safer, and I won't have to worry about you being at risk." Rufus prepared himself for what he feared was coming.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

visualspice

Dylanna blinked, surprised at first before the anger set in. Then she furrowed her brow, then gave a scratch to her ear as if she didn't hear him right.
"Excuse me? You seem to be forgetting something..." She said, and dared to step right up to him, getting right in his face as her eyes met to his. And there was no nonesense in her tone as she went on, "That's my son we're going after. I'm going with you." And her eyes dared him to challenge her. "This isn't negotiable."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Aeytrious

Rufus knew this would not be easy, but he had to try. "You realize that if you die in the rescue Sam will be without a mother. Then who will care for him?"

He held is ground, not wavering under the glare Dylanna was giving him.

"Me? Shall I raise the pup if you die?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Dylanna was taken back that he'd dare try to use that excuse on her, let alone, be a fool and toss out a joke he would raise her son. Her blood was set to broil as she bared her teeth at him, not once getting out of his face.

"This is my son we're talking about. I knew the dangers well before I set foot on this island. You will not tell me what I can or can't do here because I'm going in there. Or have you forgotten the notes asked for me?"

Aeytrious

Rufus grimaced at that. Her being called here surely was his fault. "You were chosen to draw me out. She knew there was no other way to get to me than to threaten you. The note is not relevant any longer. I am her quarry. I will kill her and bring back Sam. You will stay."

All he could do was hope that Dylanna's fear would overpower her anger. Otherwise there was no way she'd stay behind.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

"And do you take me as a fool?" And then she stared the man over before her before giving a snort through her nose. "You probably have no children of your own, so you wouldn't understand." And her eyes met dangerously to his, a wild threat there, a promise. "Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn. That woman has nothing on me. I won't be killed so easily."
And then as her blood cooled down just a bit, she added, "Besides... I have to see him. I have to know he's ok.."
She didn't wnt someone else finding her son's corpse..
Gods.. she just hoped they weren't late.

Aeytrious

He didn't have any children, but his fondness for her, and Sam, was almost enough to make him take extreme measures to keep her here. Rufus for a moment considered knocking Dylanna unconscious and tying her up as his Blood Wolf had suggested. That probably wouldn't go over too well, and it wouldn't be good to leave her tied up if he went off and died on his quest to save Sam. There was nothing to it, he'd have to let her tag along. If she died, Ryk would never forgive himself, but that was a bridge he'd cross if and when he came to it. It would eliminate his only weakness, but it was best he not start thinking like that.

"Fine, Lady, you may accompany us, but you will be cautious and follow any command you are given, without hesitation," he looked at Swab and the older man climbed out of the sand to stand by the Lady Swinden. "Swab will remain at your side, his words are my words. You will obey him and he will keep you safe. Or I will tie you up and leave you here until I return."

Rufus did not remain to listen to her response. He turned back toward his men and walked to them. He was sure as he approached that Brint and Meekus exchanged a smirk. This woman was showing his men that he could be bent if the right pressure was applied. He didn't like that. It would be good to have this situation dealt with as quickly as possible.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Dylanna took a step towards him, just about to let him know 'This is my son. I would see myself to the devil himself to save him.' But she never got a chance and felt the cold wind from his back side as he turned from her to return to his men. Glowering at the back of his head, she turned to Swab and let out a huff before moving to follow Rufus.

And as they were gathering on the island, Valeska knew too well of their presence, for she was watching from a nearby rock. Leaning into a fist, she gave a catlike look towards the gang of men- and the woman. Her mouth split open into a toothy grin-
and to make them all aware she was present, she gave a wave of her hand and the storm let up, some sunlight beginning to break through the clouds.

Dylanna turned away from Rufus and his men. The sudden break in the storm drew her eyes to look all around, for she didn't trust the weather, just like she didn't fully trust these men. Though as she was looking, she noticed someone ontop of a craggy rock off on the distance.

"Over there!" she shouted, pointing Valeska's way. "Someone's on that rock." And once Valeska had the men's attention, she rose up from her rock, her grin spreading wider across her lips as the wind's fury began to pick up, whipping her hair wildly about her face.

Dylanna's glare was hard as she noted the woman and could see her wicked smile all the way from where they stood.
"That's her. It must be her!" and turned to Rufus she looked him straight in the eyes. "Well, are we going to be after her or are we just going to stare?"

Aeytrious

"Well I was thinking that staring at her with my one good eye would do the trick," Rufus stated in a flat tone. He heard Chuck snicker behind him. For such a large man, Chuck had a rather childish sense of humor.

Rufus turned back to his men and gave them the signal to get moving. They formed a wedge pushing Dylanna into the protective center and Rufus ran out in front to break up any spells slung their way. This was not going to be fun. He knew Valeska was likely not alone. She knew Rufus would bring as many men as he could, and she'd have prepared for that.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Dylanna cut a glare Rufus's way. But steeled her tongue and just fell in line with his men. Her eye were ever alert, keeping to the shadows, to the winds, even chancing a glance behind them before she turned to look at the woman. But it was odd, or so she thought, this Miss Horst was not moving from where she was perched upon her rocks.

And it gave her an odd sensation, as if she could feel something bad was about to happen. Breaking formation, she suddenly gripped onto Rufus's arm.

"Wait, we have to stop!" she commanded. "I think we might be heading right into a trap."
ANd she couldn't have called it at a better time, for the second Rufus and his men all stepped into the forested lands, a heavy rope trap came up from the ground, pulling them all into it's clutches as they hung precariously from the trees.

Dylanna, now settled somewhere int he heap between men, grunted and struggled her way through hairy limbs and dirty boots, and found herself suddenly cracking heads with Rufus. She grit her teeth and turned to him, spitting out some of her dark hair from her face.

"I told you it was a trap," she said through a few pants of breath. Her face was already flush from frustration, and her mind, in a panic. This was definitely not how she was envisioning the rescue f her son! She was already against the idea of needing to work with these criminals, but now she was forced to squirm in a heap of them.

"Who's got a sword here? Or knives? We must hurry and cut ourselves free!" but it proved a difficult task to manuever inside the net trap, and every time Dylanna moved, she'd stumble and fall, since every single man inside there was doing the same thing- and eventually, someone grabbed her rear (well, by mistake, but stilL!) and had her gasping as she shot forward, and landed most unceremoniously onto Rufus's lap.

And if her face wasn't flushed already, it surely was now.
"These are your men!" she said in a huff, after realizing she couldn't get out of his lap now that she had fallen into it. "Can't you command them to unify their efforts or something!?"

Though who knew if they'd have enough time, as the Mountain Cats showed up from the shadows, snickering and stalking forward like the beasts they were. ANd it was only out of the corner of her eye that she noticed them and gasped, and (involuntarily) clung to Rufus as she realized the situation went from bad to something much worse.

"There's about ten of them out there and they all seem to have crossbows,"s he breathed, her voice barely a whisper as she kept close to Rufus, but her eyes were on the cats. "What do we do?"

Aeytrious

Dylanna on his lap. Oh how Ryk would love to take advantage of that situation. Right now though, he had to focus on being Rufus. Dylanna's fear was a waste of her time. They were in no real danger of these Mountain Cats. The Soot wolves were prepared for this sort of thing. Getting trapped was a good way to lure out the trappers. It was time to deal with the fools that thought they had the upper hand.

"What do we do," Rufus echoed, "we kill them of course. You might want to hold on tight. Hansel!"

The wizard wrapped the party in a swirl of wind that would deflect any crossbow bolts shot at them. As he did so Rufus pulled Hiemal from it's sheath on his hip and cut the bottom out of the net. He held Dylanna tight against his body as the net opened up, dropping as lightly as he could. All of his men were prepared and were able to easily swing free and land on their feet. Crossbow bolts were fired, but the wind did what it was supposed to and protected them from the shots. Swords were drawn, battle met. The fighting was fierce and fast. Rufus stepped around Dylanna, once again leaving her in the center of the group. Pulling Aestival from its sheath at his hip he went at the nearest Cat without relent.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

OOC: It's ok XD I'll just add a quick response for Dylanna then XP
*has no patience*
---------

Dylanna made a face. What did he mean? But soon she had found out as the net was cut open and down they all fell in a rush. She clung to Rufus tightly, fearful she'd tumble to her doom, but found the man was cool and collected and landed with confidence and before she had a moment to even realize what was going on, the fight was on- and she in the middle of it. Not knowing what she should be doing,s he kept close to Rufus's side and watched as steel met to steel, her own gloved hand resting over the hilt of her sword as she hesitated but did not dare unsheathe her weapon just yet. But she couldn't lie- she was impressed at how well Rufus commanded his men and how swiftly they were all becoming locked up in battle.

Aeytrious

Aestival and Hiemal danced in Rufus's hands, clashing against the steal of the two Cats he now faced. Thrust, parry, dodge, swing, spin, Rufus's movements looked like a dance as well. Hansel had let down the wind barrier as swords were met, and now he and Derek stood near the Lady Swinden. Hansel threw out magic projectiles and deflected hostile spells from an enemy caster as best he could, luckily any spells hurled from Rufus's direction were dispelled as they came near to him. Derek used his crossbow to make calculated shots at the enemies around them, slowing the approach of nearing enemies that were emerging from the trees. Swab was with them too, sword in hand. He stood ready to protect Dylanna, should any of the cats get through the other men.

There was no grace to the movements of Chuck. Where Rufus danced, Chuck was more like a wind storm, whipping this way and that. Axe in one hand, hammer in the other, he chopped and smashed every Mountain Cat that was foolish enough to approach him. Zahi had chosen him because of his fearsome ability with any weapon, and he displayed that now. When his axe got stuck in the skull of a fallen enemy, he wasted no time trying to retrieve it, but instead drew a large sword that would have taken most men two hands to hold. As a Cat ran past, out of his reach toward Rufus's back, Chuck threw his hammer at the man. It took him in the head, lifting him off the ground and sending him flying into another man that was also headed for the Red Wolf.

Canis Rufus, the Red Wolf, noticed this in his peripheral vision, and used the distraction to his advantage. He put Aestival into one of his opponents chests with a fearsome thrust and released his grip on the blade. He rolled to avoid the swing of the mans partner and used his now free hand to throw a fan of daggers into the men Chuck had felled, as well as a few other approaching Cats. His selection of Wolves had been partially dependent upon skill as mariners, but they were fairing exceptionally well in combat as well. None had fallen, and the Cats were nearly routed, but that couldn't last as out numbered as they were.

Brint and Meekus were laughing as they spun around each other taunting the Cats and cutting them down in droves. The two had been pirating together for years and they moved as one, knowing instinctively how to react to the movements of the other. Chuck and Rufus were laying waste to the enemy, each a solitary stone in a sea of Cats, but Brint and Meekus moved through them like light cutting through the darkness. The focus of the enemy soon changed from trying to reach Rufus to targeting what appeared to be a greater threat. Several of the Cats took aim with crossbows and fired upon the duo. Hansel knocked away the crossbow bolts and as the Cats reloaded, he threw lightning at them. It crackled along his fingers and jumped out at the men in a line, linking them like a chain. As it struck through them, it split away from one of the men, not touching him. Crossbow loaded, the Cat let fly his attack just as the Mountain Cats wizard threw an attack of his own at Hansel. Deflecting the magical spear of ice was not too difficult for Hansel, but it robbed him of valuable time and he was unable to blow away the crossbow bolt as it flew at the twirling pair of swashbucklers.

A twist of his wrist and a snap of his elbow made for a fearsome lunge, and Brint put his slender blade through the throat of yet another Cat. The ground was beginning to run thick with blood and he had to be careful not to slip as he skipped about the battlefield. What the Cats lacked in skill, and brains, they more than made up for with numbers. Meekus was laughing with each swing of his sword, clearly having as much fun as Brint. But they couldn't keep this up forever. They battled fiercely with wild abandon, it had been ages since they were in such a mad dance for survival, and it was thrilling. As a wave of crossbow bolts flew at them they felt a spike of adrenaline and looked at each other, thinking this the end, but a powerful gust of wind saved them, and lightning crackled through the enemy ranks, laying waste to the archers. Brint and Meekus let out a simultaneous hoot of excitement and started back up with renewed fervor, twirling about and giggling like children. They'd have to buy Hansel a few rounds when this was all over. The two pirates eyes met in childish glee but the look of joy melted from Brint's face as he saw the bolt coming through the air. He moved to push his friend, but was too late. The shaft took Meekus in the throat and his happy expression was replaced with one of pain and fear. Brint was frozen in time, the moment before his friend crumpled to the ground lasting a lifetime. Laughs turned to a roar of rage, and Brint was like a man possessed, chopping into the Cats as they came his way. Gone was the grace of his spinning, twirling dance, replaced with powerful chops and thrusts, no longer avoiding the blades of his enemies. He took many hits, the swords and knives cutting into his flesh, his blood running free. As his hand was coated in his own blood, his grip grew slick, the loss of blood making him weak. He thrust the scimitar into another cats chest, but lacked the strength to retrieve it as the man fell. Without a sword of his own, he balled his fist and tried to punch the nearest brigand. He was no longer a threat and the Mountain Cat easily moved aside, plunging his long knife deep in Brint's back. He fell to the ground, the last of his blood spilling into the earth, his eyes trained on the still form of Meekus as he slipped into deaths embrace.

Rufus saw the lightning Hansel threw bend around the now lone archer. There were few magical items that would do that, and there was one in particular he was searching for. Rufus scrutinized the archer as best he could from where he was fighting. The man definitely had a sickle hanging at his hip, it couldn't be a coincidence. He had the Autumn blade Carpere.

"Chuck!" Rufus yelled to the large man, and when the Blood Wolf looked his way, he pointed to the archer. Chuck nodded his understanding and headed toward his target, holding his large sword in two hands, hewing anyone who got in his path.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

From afar, Valeska reveled in the fight, purring at the sight and sounds of blood shed. Men's cries echoed, both dieing, both angry- and the kiss of steel to steel sent a thrill through her veins. She moved about the rock side now, stalking along it like a panther ready to strike,but kept her distance, even if she wanted to rush right on in there and tear Rufus's heart out.

But she knew better- she wanted to toy with her meal before gobbling him up whole. So she cast a wicked and impatient gaze his way, and just let the storm roll around in the heavens above.

Stuck in the middle, Dylanna found herself suddenly in the fray. Pulling out her sword, she was quick to fend off the men that got near her- but was finding, as she danced along, not many could. Rufus kept a relatively tight shield of men around her, and it seemed they all would be prepared to lay their lives down for her.

But why? Was it for her- or him? She spared a glance his way and watched how he commanded his men and held himself on the battle field. SHe bit her lip, finding herself impressed as she skirted along and kept her eyes open for any possible break in the line-
But then it happened, and she wasn't exactly sure how, but an arrow was coming her way- though she wasn't sure if it was for her, or him. For in that moment she was nearly pressed up against Rufus's back, a mountain cat having broken through the line and forced her to draw her blade and step back-

ANd just as she was swinging her blade up to block an attack she felt it as she let out a cry-
The arrow had struck her, and the pain was intense. And that wasn't all- for in that split moment, the mountain cat that was slashing at her readied his blade for one final strike- to cut down the woman right then and there as she was collapsing towards the sandy grasses in pain.

And it was only as she lifted her gaze from her bloodied wound did she see the blade coming for her and she knew it was the end.

Aeytrious

Distracted by the sickle Carpere hanging from the belt of a Mountain Cat, Rufus missed the arrow coming at them. Dylanna had moved too close to him, and Hansel could no longer protect her with magic. The arrow struck her and she fell to the ground, a Cat bearing down on her hard. It was nearly the end for the woman, but the Red Wolf was quick. Aestival came up quick and hard in an underhand swing, severing the mans hand at the wrist. Heimal came across as hand was freed from arm and struck the sword hard knocking it back toward the face of its recent wielder. As it took him in the eye, Rufus pivoted, performing a high kick, thrusting the sword through the mans head and throwing him back.

"Hansel, I need a bubble!" Rufus yelled to the mage for defense as he concentrated on suppressing the power of his eye patch. It wouldn't last long, but it would give Rufus just enough time to tend to Dylanna. He bent over her and grabbed hold of the arrow shaft. Luckily it had gone all the way through, which made extracting it simple. He snapped off the back of the arrow and pulled it the rest of the way through. Before they left on the boat, what seemed like days before, Rufus had rounded up supplies for the voyage. While most had been lost in the shipwreck, the potions on his hip remained intact. He unstoppered one now and gave it to Dylanna. It would knit her flesh as well as the one he'd given her in Arca, and leave her feeling renewed. Once he had put it in her hand, he was on the move.

"You three keep her safe," he yelled to his remaining Wolves as he rushed off in the direction Chuck had gone. Luckily the number of Cats was quickly dwindling and it would not take much for Swab, Hansel, and Derek to protect her.

As Rufus was saving and then tending to the Lady Swinden, Chuck was slaughtering the last few Mountain Cats near him. Only one man stood between him and the Archer now. A slim dark-skinned elf holding a dirk and longsword combination danced toward the large Blood Wolf. His feet moved quickly and spun the blades in his hands effortlessly. Chuck grinned and waded in. Chuck was larger and stronger but not nearly as fast as the drow while wielding his great sword in two hands. He was smart though, he made small moves, parrying and dodging, remaining patient for his opportunity. The elf played to his size and speed. He'd step in and drum on Chucks great sword, sending vibrations into his hands, slash at his arms creating superficial cuts. The bleeding and the vibrations were adding up, Chuck couldn't hold out for long, not after all the fighting he'd already done. He had to make his move soon. He pushed forward at the dark elf, punching his hilt toward his opponents face. The elf did as Chuck expected, stepping at an inside angle to be inside his reach. There was no way Chuck could get a strong swing in on the man and the obvious move would have been to step back in to a defensive position. Instead the Blood Wolf brought the pummel of his sword down with all his might on the hand the elf held his sword in. The drow stabbed forward with his dirk, impaling it into Chuck, just as his longsword was knocked away. Before he could withdraw the short blade, Chuck dropped his great sword and grabbed ahold of the dark elf's wrist. There was nowhere he could go now. Chuck reeled back and punched his opponent right in the face with all his might. With nowhere to go, and his arm tightly in Chucks grip, the force of the punch broke the skinny drow's neck. Better than a one punch knockout, Chuck had achieved a one punch kill. That would be a story he'd be happy to recant for any woman that it might impress.

Rufus arrived just in time to see the powerful punch end the Mountain Cat's life. He quirked an eyebrow at Chuck who just grinned and pulled the dirk from his gut. The black life blood that poured from the wound told the two men that Chuck would have been short for this world had they not had the foresight to bring more potions. Chuck drank down one of the two from his hip, and was on the move beside Rufus, Great Sword in hand, rushing for that archer. Rufus couldn't see any other Cats around, and the archer seemed to notice that as well, as he turned tail and began to flee. Rufus was not about to let Carpere escape him though and he threw his long knife at the cowards back. As Heimal spun through the air, Rufus held his breath in anticipation. When the blade found its mark, he felt this burst of exile ration and excitement at now having a third of the seven blades. Upon reaching the Mountain Cat, lying there gasping for breath, Rufus pulled Heimal from his back and the stripped Carpere and its sheath from around the mans waist. Rufus crouched down next to the man, sheathing his blades and strapping his new sickle to his waist.

"Where did you get this," he asked the man, lifting his head by the hair. Blood gurgled from his mouth as he tried to speak, and he knew to get answers he'd have to keep the man alive. He reached for a potion, and rolling the man onto his back he forced it down his throat. As the wound began to mend, Rufus bound the mans hands and feet together. He didn't need him struggling now that he'd be fully healed. With full recovery close at hand, Rufus asked him again, shaking the jewel hilted sickle that was now on his hip.

"Where did you get Carpere?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

The healed mountain cat only spit on Rufus's face. He wasn't going to tell him anything. Though the dog's had slaughtered them, there was nothing left for him to lose. Though from a distance, Valeska watched the numbers dwindle with a frown. Seemed Rufus brought his best men. She cursed at that. Oh well- the mountain cats greatly out numbered his men- but honestly, she had hoped for a better fight.

Feeling herself grow angered, Valeska cracked a sharp and powerful bolt of lighting from the sky across his men- hoping to remind them who was really in charge here.
And it was about this time Dylanna had  taken the potion, and was ready to knock it back- when a massive bolt of lighting struck from over head and Dylanna dropped the bottle-a nd it smashed, untouched, at her feet. The magic cast around her continued to protect, but the fear was evident and real in her eyes.

"By the Gods.." she whispered, one hand clutching her arrow wound, the other one fixated upon the sky. And just as it seemed the bolt of lighting had disappeared, a second, blinding one came cracking across the group like a massive whip, as if the God Zeus himself were trying to smite them all.

Aeytrious

"Chuck," Rufus said, pointing at the prisoner. As the Red Wolf dashed off back toward the others, Chuck picked the Mountain Cat up and tossed him over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. When he approached, the magic around them dissipated. His eyepatch created a small bubble of anti magic. Rufus knew that he could not be sure that he would not be separated from Dylanna, so he did something he normally would not dare. He removed the red wolf head emblazoned eye patch, revealing that he had two perfectly good eyes, and put it on Dylanna. She didn't need a full lesson on how she could bend the protection with concentration, all that mattered was the greater purpose.

"Whatever happens, do not remove this," he told her, as he adjusted it over her left eye, "it will protect you from magic and stop the use of magic within your immediate presence." He knew he was safe from lightning with Carpere hanging at his hip, so he was not overly worried about the Storm Witch smiting him down. Rufus noticed that Dylanna was still bleeding, and saw the broken potion on the ground. "Don't drop this one," he told her as he handed her his last potion. He left her then, heading over to the two fallen Wolves. He took the two potions each carried, attaching two to his belt and giving two to Swab. "If she gets injured," he said to the old salt, and swab simply nodded.

"Lets continue to the lighthouse," Rufus said to everyone. "Once we enter combat, Hansel, you'll have to keep your distance from the Lady Swinden if you plan on casting any spells. If anyone sees any lightning headed their way, get close to Dylanna or put me between you and it." As secretive as he preferred to be, survival was more important, and today it wouldn't be easy. He turned from his crew, knowing they would not respond, only accept his words and be ready. It was time to rescue Sam. The child he didn't even know was his own son.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Dylanna took the second potion without questioning, and found with some relief- her wound was healing and her body- feeling renewed. She peered over at Rufus, wondering- curiously, who he was as a hand slipped over to feel the leathery surface of the eye patch. It still felt strange to her- that he'd go through all of this trouble for her father, but there was something else- something she couldn't quite put her tongue on-
something... oddly familiar about this man.

But she kept silent and simply obeyed his orders. He very well could have saved her life,a nd he was- after all, here to help her rescue her son. So quietly, she moved among the men, but as her eyes searched the area- Valeska, who had once been perched upon the rocks- was gone.

Aeytrious

The edge of the wooded area was not far, and Rufus was surprised that they didn't run into any other opposition. Now that they were clear of the trees, just a few yards of rocky terrain, with a small foot path cut up the middle, stood between them and the lighthouse. That's where Valeska likely was, and Samuel as well. They needed to get there as smoothly as possible, and fast. Remaining in the open would leave them easy targets for spells or ranged weapon fire.

"Chuck, put that fool between those rocks, and knock him out." The large Blood Wolf complied quickly. Without a word Rufus ran forward as fast as he could. He would soon have that bitch on the end of his blade. He'd make up for not killing her the last time he'd seen her.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey