Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Head hunting. [ALE-ALEJANDROOO~!] [M]

Started by Rhindeer, July 03, 2013, 08:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Though Axieva had adjusted to some of Rit's strangeness, there were moments that brought her back to that time in the tower. Watching him prepare food? Was one of them. Like that thing he magicked into existence that...that turned everything into a paste? She watched him, forgetting that she had been chewing the same chunk of meat for the last few minutes as the cave filled with interesting and alluring smells.

"Being around you, sometimes, is like...is like eating mushrooms," she said as she accepted the plate and sniffed at the fish cakes and the sauce--which she wholly approved of. She dipped one in the sauce and took a cautious nibble, prepared to reject it--but a moment later and she was double-dipping, and it wasn't long before she had finished the cake.

Picking up the second cake and soaking it with the sauce, she glanced at Rit hopefully. "Apple is good," she said, remembering the sweetness and the cinnamon. Now that was a spice she quite enjoyed! She eyed Rit, taking another bite. "Can you make apple." It wasn't so much a question, because she didn't want to sound desperate and wasn't used to making requests, but if that was something he could do, she wasn't so sure she'd be able to contain her joy.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

One of the pleasures of an immortal life had always been the food. Rit had the opportunities to try cuisine from a multitude of cultures across the Multiverse. He was sure he could make something that would meet Axieva's approval. Apple sounded splendid. He had a feeling she'd greatly enjoy his favorite recipe. Sweet and tart using equal parts green and red apples, he'd get to work on it right away. With a little help from his power of creation, Rit had a brick oven right there in the cave wall. A chimney let the smoke escape, but the heat immediately began to fill the cave. If he was gonna bake, he wanted a clean workspace.

As Rit stood the ground of the cave leveled out and smoothed into a slate floor. The obvious fire pit, that showed much use, was replaced by a bricked in fire ring, covered with a grill, and topped with a spit. Stationary stone benches grew up from the ground around the fireplace, topped with soft cushions. The bench that rose under Axieva, came in very slowly, so as not to cause her to lose her balance. A chimney hood soon extended down over the fire pit to keep the cave from filling with smoke during its use. It was not much of a cave any longer though. The walls smoothed and were covered in rich cocobolo wood, the ceiling raised and formed into a dome. The opening of the cave grew much smaller, allowing only a single person to pass at a time. The vines that grew on the mound outside, fell to cover the passage so that only those familiar with it's location could easily find it. The chimney's were needlessly tall, disguised as trees, so that the smoke could only be seen from a distance. The hidden dwelling extended further back, going deeper into the ground with steps that led to a now furnished sleeping area. Rit believed Axieva preferred sleeping in a more rugged style, but that did not stop him from making the large beds, or the piles of cushions and pillows. A smaller room extended off the sleeping area, where the water from the nearby spring found its way through. A small fire pit could be found in the corner for heating water. Having a place to bathe and wash garments, was something Rit was sure that even a peryton could appreciate.

Rit had contained his desire to spruce the place up as long as he could, and now, it was a proper dwelling. As all the greater changes had happened, a small kitchen had also come into being. He now stood at a stone island mixing the dough for the pie he was making. He made changes to the traditional pie crust dough, adding sugar and cinnamon so the crust wouldn't be so bland. He used magic to skip the chilling stage, and went straight to the rolling. With the pie tin soon lined, Rit cut the remainder of the dough into long strips to make a lattice top for the pies. Six apples, three green, and three red, popped into existence. He cored and peeled them with ease, and sliced them into nearly wafer thin pieces. He tossed them in lemon juice, white sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. He stacked them neatly inside the pie crust, alternating the green and red apples, and then affixed the lattice top to the pie. Rit brushed the top of the pie with a mixture of egg yolk and milk before he slid the pie into the oven. He could have just magicked the pie, and skipped the whole process, but cooking and baking were things Rit enjoyed doing. The pie would take nearly an hour to bake, and the oven would adjust it's own temperature accordingly, so Rit went to one of the benches around the cold fire pit, and sat down before bringing it to life.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

No sooner had Axieva made her comment that being around Rit was like living in a fungus-induced hallucination when he went and proved her point.

Everything within her cozy, musty dwelling changed, just like that, and Axieva clung to the bench the rose from the ground beneath her, sharp nails digging into the cushion and tearing a small hole in it. Even though it rose slowly, Axieva was a creature of habit. She loved routine! She loved normalcy! Routine was security, and even her dangerous, adventurous life had lots or routine! New things were to be regarded with caution before curiosity, and so as she watched Rit alter her space, it was with wide eyes, parted lips, and a heart beating far too fast.

At least it wasn't like that time in the tower. If this had been her first introduction to Rit, she may have had another panicked meltdown, but this time she was more prepared for his hijinks--and at least aware that they weren't threatening. Still, she looked rather similar like a hunted doe as she waited it out, ears flattened and body still.

It was only when he was done and she began to smell the scent of apple and cinnamon that she let out a slow, shaky breath and forced her muscles to unwind. Her heart was still racing, though, and when she spoke she sounded a little quieter than normal.

"Warn me," she said, and drew a deep breath. "Warn me when you must meddle."

Realizing that she was still clinging to the cushion with her nails sunk deep into it, she pulled her claws free, the sound not unlike a cat that had been kneading cloth, and lowered her hooves back down to the smooth, slate floor. She looked around at her new dwelling, blinking. She didn't really know what most of the new gadgets were or what they did--and she was also too interested in the smells coming from Rit's work space to feel like investigating quite yet. Standing up, her hooves clicked along the ground as she walked over to the oven and tried to peer inside, and then she headed back to where Rit was sitting and watched him start the fire.

"You changed my home," she stated. "What is all this?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"What is this? Comfort."

Rit pulled a block of hazel wood from the air and a widdling knife to work on it. Rit found enjoyment in using his hands to work tools. He could create anything with a thought, but this gave him a tactile connection to the world around him.

"I've disguised your hovel, so its no longer easily found from the outside, and made the interior much more comfortable. You can easily enjoy the wilderness outside, but escape into luxury with ease."

He began to cut and chip away at the wood in his hand. He wondered what it would become.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"It is comfortable. That is not complaint..." Axieva said, looking musingly around her new home. "Just surprise. You will have to teach me how to work these...these..."

She pointed at the new contraptions he'd equipped her home with. "These," she finished, not certain of the words. "Unless you plan on staying long to cook for me. That is...viable."

Indeed, she was finding Rit very useful! Especially since he could make sweets!

Leaning over his shoulder, she peered at the wood he carved. "What are you making now?"

Aeytrious

"I'm not sure what I'm making honestly. I let the wood speak to me as I carve, I uncover the figure that is already there beneath the surface." Rit's strokes with the blade seemed almost like a loving caress as it slowly revealed the shape the wood wanted to take.

"And don't you worry Xieva, I'll show you how everything works."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Good," Axieva said with a nod, and after watching him a moment longer, she moved away from him and went to gather up the flowers she'd picked. Carrying them over to the bench, she sat down near Rit and put the flowers on the bench between them, and set to work, because she needed to do it while they were still fresh and supple.

"I see now is crafting time," she remarked, and began weaving the flower stems together. "I almost felt left out."

It didn't take her long to finish, because she had done it many times before. But soon enough, she had finished her work, and with a wide grin she reached over and plopped a completed flower crown onto Rit's head. "There."

Aeytrious

As Axieva placed the flowers on his head Rit finished his carving. His hands had moved with supernatural speed and precision and the block had taken shape quickly. He held it in his hands turning it, viewing it and inspecting the detail. It was fine indeed. The detail was something no mortal could match. He handed the carved deer to Axieva. The White Tail Doe was lounging with her legs curled under her, and she looked almost alive, though she fit easily in hand.

"She's beautiful is she not? And the hazel wood is the perfect color for her."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Axieva took the carving and looked it over in wonder, turning it this way and that to study the detail. It was absolutely stunning, a beautiful, lifelike rendition the likes of which she'd never seen. No, that was a lie; the statue Rit had made of her in the jungle was just as impressive, if not more.

"How...? She is gorgeous..."

Eyes still wide with wonder, Axieva suddenly scowled and cut her eyes back to Rit. "It defeats my craft," she said with a snort, nodding at his flower crown. But then she grinned toothily after, to show that was just her way of teasing. "You win. I have not the talent. Weaving flowers is as difficult as I get."

Aeytrious

"I hardly think it fair to compare the talents of a mortal, such as yourself, to the immeasurable abilities of an all powerful immortal being such as myself. Gods can create wondrous things, but it is the beauty of your effort that makes your crown so delightful," Rit smiled at his friend genuinely.

"You asked for warning? Observe." Rit pointed at the figurine, and with a thought, he brought the carving to life. The little deer nuzzled it's wooden nose against Axieva's hand as she held it.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Even with the warning, Axieva gasped and nearly dropped the carving when it sprang to life.

Thankfully, she didn't, because it was alive, this little deer...and she was nuzzling her hand...and...

Axieva gaped down at her, her lips parted in breathless wonder and her heart racing in her chest. Oh gods and goddesses! This was so...so...oh gods, she didn't think she could handle it, and she felt it, felt that she was about to do something very embarrassing, but by gods she couldn't help it! It was too much, even for her!

Surprising even herself, Axieva let out a sudden squeal and hugged the doe to her chest, her body practically curling around the little deer. "She. Is. So. Precious!"

Aeytrious

Rit grinned at the unexpected response from Axieva. Her smile would probably be intimidating if he were mortal, all those sharp teeth. From his immortal perspective though, it was quite pleasant. She was a beautiful creature. He longed to restore her eye and her wings, but he knew that she carried the scars like badges of honor. It would not do to rob her of that. What a sight it must have been to see her fly.

"If you wish for her to 'sleep', all you have to do is tell her that, and she will hibernate until you tell her it's time to wake up. Since she's made of wood, she needs no sustenance, but you can feed her anyway if you like, without the worry of a mess. She is yours now Axieva, I think you should name her."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Still beaming, Axieva looked up at Rit and thought for a moment, ears perked forward.

"Names, names...I think..." She stroked the little deer between the ears with her fingertip and grinned when the doe leaned into her as she scratched the base of an ear.

"She will be 'Uxia'," she said at last, and looked at Rit again as though wanting his opinion.

Aeytrious

"Beautiful," Rit said with a smile, "the much more pleasant form of Eugenia. I love it." He thought it best he make his gift to Axieva indestructible. Uxia getting broken would not be a good day to see. He did nothing visible, but it was so. The tiny wooden dear could now never be harmed.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Axieva's toothy grin grew at Rit's compliment, and though the doe was wooden, she cradled her like a fawn. Despite her usual coldness, she was not known for coldness among her own people. She had cared for the children of her clan, even wanted fawns of her own. While this doe was no child to her, for deer and perytons were not the same even if they were kin, she still regarded it the same way a human might regard a puppy. As something adorable that tickled her gentler side.

The doe curled up in her arms, and Axieva finally looked up from her to regard Rit. "Thank you," she said, and though she'd never said that to Rit before--and scarce said it to anyone outside her clan, if at all--she delivered the words the same way as anything else: blunt and matter of fact. "This is the best gift."

Aeytrious

"Well I'm glad my effort is appreciated so much," Rit said to Axieva, "but I feel the experiences you're giving me by letting me accompany you are the best gift." A magical chime sounded that the pie was just about ready. Only a few more minutes and he'd be able to see the joy on Axieva's face as she tasted the pie he had crafted by hand.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Axieva jumped at the chime, growling involuntarily, and then relaxed again when she saw that Rit didn't look concerned at all. "What was that?" she asked, head swiveling as she looked for the sound's source.

"You have put so many new...things here. You will have to inform me which ones make noise."

Aeytrious

"That was just a chime the magic oven makes to inform you that your food is nearly ready, in this case, our pie. It will 'ding' when its done cooking." Rit turned his head to look at the open brick oven. "We'll still have to wait for it to cool off though."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

The smells wafting from that oven were positively tantalizing, and even more so to someone who has as sensitive a nose as Axieva. She had been too distracted by the doe to focus overmuch on that, but now that Rit drew her attention to it, she found her mouth watering.

"It smells good," she said, and though she had eaten her fill already, it was amazing how she always had room for sweets, no matter what. With a wistful sigh, she turned and stretched her long legs out on the bench and let the little doe curl up between her thighs. "Is it much longer?"

Aeytrious

"Not much," Rit told Axieva, "the cooking part should be done any moment now." There was a 'ding' sound shortly there after, like a tiny high toned bell being struck. The pie slid forth from the oven and with a wave of his hand, Rit floated it through the air. It came to rest on a cooling rack, across from the oven.

"As soon as it's cool enough to eat, you can have as much as you like. But it's best you not burn your tongue."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Tags: