Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Chasing the wild unicorn (Rhi!)

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, July 11, 2013, 08:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

The sun was shining, the wind was blowing softly, and the smell of spring was in the air. Lydia wasn't happy about any of it. It was too hot, too windy, and the air smelled like cheap perfume to her. Being spoiled by her parents, she was the definition of the word 'brat'. Not only did she abuse her ex-boyfriend Shamgar, she flat out insulted his dead mother, which made him leave her. That was fine; He was worthless, anyway she thought.

Today, she had nothing to do, no one to talk too, and was extremely bored. Finding a nearby tree to wait under, she plopped down, unhappy and unsatisfied with anything.

Rhindeer

There was always this odd, strange pull whenever a virgin was near. Not a physical sensation, not anything he could even describe, just this innate sense of just knowing, without a shadow of a doubt, that she was near. It was just one of those unicorn things he never questioned, like so many others. The rules were rules because they were rules, and because that's how it had always been, and that was good enough for Llewellyn.

And so that was how he came upon the gryphon, laying beneath a tree. A gryphon? Well, that was a surprise! And a first! Not that he'd never met gryphons before, but they had always had families--and gryphons were rather uncommon in these parts as it was. What was most surprising, however, was that until this moment he'd always believed this ability only applied to humans.

It was not his way to question these things, though. Walking toward the gryphon, steps dainty and silent, he bowed his head to her and lightly touched her beak with his horn.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Klezmer Gryphon

Lydia pulled back, surprised by the appearance of the unicorn. Surely she must have been dreaming. Unicorns weren't real, were they?

She didn't even think about what she was saying, the words just came out of her mouth.

"Well, what do you want, you stuck up little pony?!" She said, not even caring how the unicorn felt, if it was even there at all.

Rhindeer

Llewellyn jerked his head back up in surprise, blinking brown eyes rapidly. Stuck up little pony? Stuck up little pony? For a moment, Llewellyn just stared in shock before he blew air forcefully out his nose, nostrils flaring, and tossed his head.

"Pony? Pony? Young lady, I am far from a pony! Do you think me some common horse? Is any horse as majestic as I? Do ponies have horns? No! Of course not! Because only unicorns match those qualities!"

He stomped his front hoof in agitation and flicked his tufted tail, clearly offended.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Klezmer Gryphon

"Well clearly, somebody's snob!" Lydia said in reply. She enjoyed making people mad, and this unicorn would be no different. She thought about what she would say next, then a very evil thought crossed her mind.

"And besides, Im sure that horn of your's is a fake, pony!" She said. Now she was down right being nasty. She would have fun with this.

Rhindeer

Llewellyn gaped at the gryphon in shock. "Fake? Why would I wear a fake horn? How could I even get it on? No, I assure you, it's very much attached!"

Klezmer Gryphon

"Well, then, prove its real!" She said, taunting the unicorn. Lydia was going to have fun agitating this unicorn even further. Flying up just a little, she started swooping down as if to attack the unicorn, but then pulled up, hopefully provoking the unicorn. She continued this for a while.

Rhindeer

Llewellyn couldn't believe this! Not only did the bird have the gall to accuse him of fakeness, but now she was attacking him? And for what purpose? No, his senses had to be wrong here! This couldn't be the pure virgin he'd been looking for!

He reared as she swooped at him, letting out a shrill whinny that wasn't quite that of a horse, and jabbed at her with his horn as she descended. He wasn't trying to hurt her, but all the same, he wasn't going to just take the abuse, either. The horn was real, and it could cause serious damage, could kill just as easily as it could heal.

"Stop! I don't want to hurt you!"

Klezmer Gryphon

Lydia didn't feel it at first. She didn't know what had hit her. Then, she looked forward, and saw the unicorn's horn jutting out of her beak. A world of pain just asaulted her at that point She didn't screech, or rather, she couldn't. She just sat there, in pain, with a unicorn's horn through her beak.

Rhindeer

Oh gods! Llewellyn hadn't meant to stab the gryphon. He'd thought she would dodge! With a startled whinny, he lowered his head, and her with it, as gently as he could until she was back on the ground.

"I told you I didn't want to hurt you," he said, meeting her eyes.

There was no painless way to go about this. Best to be quick about it.

"Don't move."

Lightly pressing a cloven hoof to her neck to keep her still, he pulled his head back and slid his horn free of her body, cringing inwardly at the sight, and the blood. There was no doubt she'd be in agony, and left like this she could easily die; if blood loss didn't do it, infection would, or even starvation if she couldn't use her beak. But he didn't leave her hanging long, for not a moment later and his pearly horn was emitting a faint white glow.

With his eyes closed and head lowered, Llewellyn touched the tip of his horn to the gaping wound, and like magic, flesh and tissue knit back together, the severed veins healed, and not even a scar remained when it was done.

Klezmer Gryphon

Lydia cringed as the unicorn pulled his horn out of her beak. If the pain from the horn going in was bad, this was definitely worse. Quick, but worse. She flinched a little when the unicorn began healing the wound, but after a couple seconds, found it relaxing. When it was all said and done, she just laid there, thinking about how to react....

Rhindeer

When the deed was finished, Llewellyn straightened up again and eyes her with his large brown eyes, waiting for a response, acknowledgment, something. When he received none, he let out a loud snort, nostrils flaring, and tossed his mane with a flick of his head.

"Well? Aren't you going to say something? You attacked me for absolutely no reason, got a well-deserved stab, and yet I still spared your life! Speak up now! Tell me, what have we learned today?"

Klezmer Gryphon

Lydia didn't know what to say. This unicorn could've just left her there, bleeding and injured, but instead, healed her, even after she'd been absolutely horrible to him!

"I- I-" she started, tears welling in the gryphoness's eyes, "I'M SORRY!"

She simply broke down into crying, hiding under her wings as she tried to comprehend this act of kindness. Why? Why did he decide to help her, after all the horrible things she'd down to him? It made her feel bad, not just for attacking the unicorn, but also for being so mean to her old boyfriend. She just wanted to crawl in a hole right now....

Rhindeer

Well, that was unexpected.

Llewellyn shifted where he stood, dancing anxiously in place. He wasn't sure how to deal with this creature, this creature that had attacked him and was now crying piteously. Perhaps she was just...young? Young and stupid? Predatory creatures could be rather dim, especially the young ones so eager to prove themselves mighty hunters.

He flicked an ear and blew air out his nose. "I...well, yes, that is a start. That is good. Apologies are...yes. That is acceptable," Llewellyn said, unsure of what to do. This creature had him completely perplexed.

Lowering his head, he nosed at her wing. "Are you okay?"