Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mischief, er, Managed? (zozee)

Started by Alleta, July 12, 2013, 05:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alleta

"I see them!" a voice echoed over the heads of the crowd. Anillo cast an anxious glance back, but the mass of people obscured them from their pursuers as much as it obscured their pursuers from them.

"You're right," he said. "In half an hour then." He gave her a small and hasty bow. "Please don't vanish when I turn away, mysterious girl," he said with a smile. Then, releasing her hand, he watched her go for a moment and then went the opposite way.

He tried to blend in with the crowd, keeping to a brisk walk, moving from group to group, exchanging a friendly word to temporarily blend in with their larger numbers. He wasn't sure if he was still being pursued, but he couldn't risk it, so when he saw a library up ahead he made for its wide and ornate doorway.

zozee9

Elaina had grasped a basic understanding of the town set-up based on her stay before, but she was just moving around at random. A turn here, a turn there, before she knew it she had passed by the dye shop. There was still over ten minutes until she was to meet Anillo there... but it would be the perfect place to hide in. Given the colors the store had, there were bound to be more extravagant people inside.

So she turned around and went into the shop, deciding to buy some more. After all, she wasn't able to look around thoroughly before when she was keeping an eye on Anillo before.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Alleta

In the library, Anillo vanished among the shelves of books, running his fingers along gilded spines in feigned interest. No others followed him into the library for some time, and when the door did open a few minutes later, it was not one of the three that had been in pursuit. Anillo had little time to enjoy his relief; he needed to get to the dye shop as quickly as possible.

Leaving the annoyed bookkeeper with a charming grin, he rejoined the crowds in the street and made his way to the dye shop, meeting no obstacles. He went through the doorways and spotted Elaina almost immediately.

zozee9

Elaina had grabbed five new dyes—two green, one blue, one orange, and one black—before Anillo appeared in the dye shop. He didn't seem in a rush, so she assumed that he wasn't being followed. After throwing a kind smile his way, she went to go pay for the dyes.

Then she walked over to Anillo and asked, "I'm guessing you got away without any trouble?" After all, if he had gotten caught, he probably wouldn't be with her.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Alleta

Anillo strolled over to Elaina with an at-ease grin on his face. He admired the dyes she'd purchased like a Maoin would.

"No trouble so far," Anillo asked. "At least not so far. How did you manage here?" As they talked, he made sure to glance casually around, checking the street too. Though you may not have time for trouble, Anillo had learned trouble always has time for you.

zozee9

"Oh, it was easy!" Elaina responded, a wide smile on her face. "I just took a couple of turns here and there and I found this shop in no time. Figured it was a perfect place to hide, seeing as I blend in well with the people." She discreetly gestured to some of the stranger and brighter people in the room.

Pocketing the dyes, she added, "Where to next?"

Alleta

"The forests!" Anillo pronounced readily. "You have not visited Thanatos if you have not been under the jade canopy of the rainforests as the rain falls softly overhead. That is at least where I love most. But you may wish to see more of the city." Anillo smiled amiably. "Your wish is my command."

zozee9

Flashing Anillo a cute half smile, Elaina responded, "Though I have already gone through some of the forest, I would love for my knight to give me a more casual tour." After all, she had been traveling for business before and didn't have time to observe the gorgeous rainforest.

"Ah," Elaina started, remembering something. "But first, shouldn't we give those people some new clothes? While I'm sure they ADORE our... enhancements... they may want compensation."

Alleta

"You are a better soul than I," Anillo laughed, thinking he would have left them to purchase new clothes of their own. "I think I even feel a twinge of guilt." He put a hand to his heart. "We can get some new garments on the way. That should be more than enough compensation."

Anillo led the way out of the dye shop, and took Elaina down those streets that only natives knew well, pointing out the best places for authentic silks, seafood, and bamboo furniture. Eventually he stopped in front of a small shop, it stood farther back from the street on bamboo stilts amidst a salt marsh. There was a wraparound balcony strewn with fine cuts of cloth fluttering in a gentle breeze.

"This is Thyli's Silks, the best place to buy in all of Thanati," Anillo said grandly, stepping along the stone path through the marsh, nearly hidden by knee-high woody reeds. The forests could be seen over the thatched roof, a looming mass of jade green leaves and dark brown branches.

zozee9

Elaina happily followed Anillo throughout the town, looking around as they walked. He took paths that she didn't even know existed, and everything was beautiful. She loved Suna.

And the place he brought her was the most stunning of all. It had a feeling of comfort and zen, and she loved it. Looking at Anillo with her bright eyes, she exclaimed, "It's perfect! This seems like the most sublime place to go on a date ever!"

She walked in to the store, glancing around. The inside matched the outside, staying simple and nicely decorated. There were a few plants here and there, and the silks had every color imaginable—and more. Elaina decided that she would buy tons of fabric, both for the people and for herself. And, of course, for Anillo.

Alleta

It seemed almost as if a blush passed over Anillo's countenance, but his devilish smile did not leave his face, and if it was there it was gone in an instant.  "I'm glad it meets with your approval."

After they entered, the shop owner appeared from a small, curtained room hidden away in the back. He was barely five feet, with dark brown skin and glowing green eyes, a jovial and rotund man.

With a loud and jocund: "Hello again!" to Anillo in greeting, he considered his duty to his old friend done, and laid all his attention on Elaina. "It is a lovely surprise to get such a lovely visitor. What can I help you with, my dear? I have plain cuts of the best silk, but also scarves, skirts, even dresses. And you can try on anything you would like."

zozee9

Elaina smiled in delight at the shop owner came out. He looked so kind! And his words only confirmed her suspicions.

"With such a lovely shop, it can't be a surprise!" she replied, jollily. "And I would like to try on whatever you and Anillo would like me to... but I do ADORE bright colors!" In fact, she hated outfits without at least one bright color. "Ah, and we're also buying some clothes for other people who are currently in a less... fortunate situation." She winked at Anillo as she said that.

Alleta

Anillo returned her wink with an open-mouthed grin, and gestured grandly to the wonderful array of clothes, as if to say: 'have at!'

"I'll pick out some clothes for our 'friends,'" he informed her, almost overrun by the shop owner's newly fired monologues about his brightest and best clothes.

"This dress in particular is quite something, and it would look gorgeous on you with that blue hair and those eyes," the man said, stroking the skirt of a jade and turquois dress, with silver on its bodice. "And there are, of course, even more..."

zozee9

Elaina let out a hearty laugh as the shopkeeper starting trying to sell his clothes to her. She smiled at him, letting him know she had heard what he said. Then she looked at the dress the man was holding, and almost gasped in surprise.

"It's beautiful!" she exclaimed. "I usually try to avoid dresses... but surely there must be some occasion when I can wear this!" She took it from the man, feeling the fabric. It was quite soft and lovely. Elaina, knowing that her and Anillo were the only two customers in the shop, shouted, "Anillo, I think we're going to have to go to a party! Or maybe throw one!" She handed the dress back to the man and asked, "Is there somewhere you can keep this? I'm afraid I'll probably buy too much to carry." She kind of doubted he would care.