Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

At a Glance:

Name: Darya

Species: Damhnait (Deer Folk)

Height: 5 foot 8

Not-So-Basic Information:

Looks:
Darya looks like all Damhnait females in that she has a deer like face, hoof like feet, a tail, and fur covering her entire body. Her fur has a orange tinge to it with a few white spots here and there (the most visible being the three between her ears) and her ears are larger than most of Damhnait ears, contributing to her talented hearing.

She adorns herself in a simple brown dress with a light red bow on the side. She usually wears a few dangly necklaces as well (which change often due to her vast collection) and has something resembling a quiver attached her her back. But instead of carrying arrows, it carries her aulos.

Personality:
Darya is calm and peaceful, preferring negotiation over fighting. She enjoys talking and getting to know people and usually won't let a conversation die out. She has a creative spirit and loves to write music for her aulos (an instrument similar to a flute). She's also a vegetarian, like most Damhnait.

Magic/Abilities:
Darya can, more or less, control the power of sound. Navigating using sound is second nature for her (like a dolphin), but doing other things can consume a lot of energy. Using her instrument, she can put magic into the sounds created to affect the people that hear it. Whether it calms them down or riles them up or something depends on the melody. As time progresses and she learns new melodies, she also learns new things that her music can do. As said earlier, however, using her magic takes a toll on her body (first making her exhausted, then sore, and then can actually make her bleed) if she uses it too much or for too long. She can also sing or play other instruments and still convey the magic, but it's not typically as strong.

History:
From a young age, Darya loved music. It started with her singing and being able to please people with her magic. When she turned five, her parents bought her an aulos, which is the same one she uses now. She loved it and constantly had it with her, playing music wherever she was. Then, when she turned eleven, she discovered how to weave magic into her music. She developed this magic all by herself and still uses it when she can. Her childhood was quite peaceful, surrounded by family and friends.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.