Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Doctor's Orders ((Rhi!))

Started by CastlesInTheSky, June 19, 2013, 03:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastlesInTheSky

It was a sweltering hot summer day. Windsor had already had several people come to his small shop in Arca for heat-related remedies. Most of them hadn't even been ill but complaining of minor discomforts instead. It had left him in a disagreeable mood. Either way, there were no patients that had to remain with him that day.

Irritable and wanting to leave the stuffy confines of his house, he left to go buy more supplies in the market. It simply was not a good day for him. He favored the cold weather and people who came to him when they were actually ill. Which essentially meant people who paid him.

As he was walking toward a shop selling what he needed, a man holding a drink walked smack into him, causing Windsor to stagger. He adjusted his glasses and fixed a cool gaze on the offending person.

"Watch it."

Rhindeer

The man, a rather large fellow who looked like he punched mountains for sport, swung around to face the doctor with a snarl. "Ya talkin' to me, pussy?" he asked, booze heavy on his breath. And though the doctor was tall, the man towered a good foot over him and clutched his wine bottle like he was ready to club the fellow with it.

"Oh, heaven's no! He was talking to me!"

It was at that moment that Valor, in all his noble finery, swept in, throwing an arm around the doctor's waist and flashing brilliant white teeth at the brutish man. In his free hand he held a bouquet of pink camellias that he had been intending on delivering to a lady he was intent on wooing into his bed, but instead he smiled and delicately sniffed the blossoms.

"He was telling me to watch these. Are you blind? No matter, we've no time to be dallying with riff-raff! Come along, now, honey," he said, and tugged the doctor along with him and out of the (now puzzled) big man's range.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

CastlesInTheSky

Windsor's eyes widened as the man turned toward him. Or, rather, the gargantuan ball of muscle that one may call a man. His eyes flicked to the bottle in the man's hand. He'd just gone out of his house for five minutes and was already being threatened. Five minutes! Just as he cringed, about to step away, somebody called out.

Suddenly, he felt an arm around him. Around his waist. As his mind was still processing what was going on before him, he was whisked away down the path. All he could do was blink and follow the person who'd saved him. It took a moment to click. Flowers...honey? Did he just call him honey?

"Thank you for that." Suddenly conscious of how close they were, he inched away.

"May I ask your name?"

Rhindeer

"You may," Valor answered cheerfully, and even as the man tried to inch away, he showed no signs of letting go of him.

He lead him onto the main street so they could disappear into the crowds, putting a nice, safe distance between them and danger. Finally he paused beside the side of a building and released the man, and with a flourish he held the flowers out to him. He could always get more. Besides, he was certain Lady Amelia had plenty.

"For you, my dear," he said, and then blinked as though suddenly realizing something. "Oh, wait. Were you asking my name back there?" He laughed and shook his head. "How silly of me! My name's Valor. Valor Liira."

And with a cheeky grin, he added, "You may have heard of me. Who're you?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

CastlesInTheSky

Windsor accepted his fate of being unable to move away from this man he barely knew. At least it was in good intentions Valor was doing so, he thought. As they moved through the streets he couldn't help but wonder where exactly they were going; likely just away.

Just as he was about to speak, he was presented with a bouquet of flowers. On one hand, he wanted to say it was unnecessary and refuse them as he assumed they had been for someone else...however, he took them as a polite gesture. He wasn't sure what to do with them as he'd never been gifted flowers, but figured he'd give them to a patient or put them in a vase or some such thing.

"Thank you," he mumbled. He wasn't sure how to feel about any of this. The man appeared to be of some nobility as well; he didn't want to be rude.

Liira? Oh, he was definitely a noble then. He'd definitely heard about Valor in a few instances, but not being one for constant petty gossip he kept to himself. From what he'd been unable to ignore the had gathered the man had an 'interesting' reputation.

"I'm Windsor Wright, Wynne if it suits you." He peered at the flowers. "Where were you heading to?"