Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Vow

Started by visualspice, July 20, 2013, 09:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Hearing his heavy foot steps approaching grated on her nerves. Did she have to paint it out to him? She had a corpse to deliver, this was hardly a time for-

but then he whirled her around and she was seeing stars, and would have fallen completely over had he not suddenly drawn her into a kiss. Her fever pounding inside her head,  heart fluttering at the sensation of anger and passion mixing into one.

But once her wits returned, she shoved him away with an angered growl;
which took about all of the rest of her energy as her legs gave way, and she collapsed onto the ground, panting out heavy puffs of white smoke, all the while snow was collecting delicately upon her blonde hair, which now fell over her eyes. The world was spinning and her fever was catching up to her.

Gods, not NOW of all places! God damn it! She hadn't been sick in years and now she was going ot become defeated by a god damn fever! She leaned against hte wagon, finding the strenght to raise one hand to grab onto it, but remained silent, keeping her eyes closed.

"Just.. just leave me alone," she managed to growl. And what was that kiss for anyway? Maybe he really was a nut case, or had some fetish for angry blondes. That's all she needed, here, she was taking her brother's corpse back to his wife and this wacko in armor was trying to kill and seduce her. And he wans't even doing a good job of it! It was almost cringe worthy. At least when she did her job she did it with soem style.

This man was so reckless she had to wonder back to his statement about wolves.
Yes, an animal he was indeed.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Brisinger987

"I'm getting you some medicine... If you don't like it, then die here, and leave your friend unburied." He said to her, crouching near her. He took his gauntlet off, and checked her temperature.

"We'll put the cart somewhere safe, and we will go and get you looked at. I know someone who can give you medicine. And I know somewhere the cart can go, it's dry, hidden and waiting." He offered his hand to her to help her up. He meant no harm.

He had no idea what feelings he had for her right now. He just knew he wasn't going to let her die.

visualspice

Her forehead was scalding, and slicked with sweat, just enough to moisten the hair near her face.
She was breathing heavily, too dizzy to do much else, but had enough strength to push his hand away when he tried to feel her forehead.

"I don't want your help. You've done enough help for me back in Connlaoth," she said bitterly. And if he tried to touch her again, she raised her hand up, trying to push him back away. "Now move aside, I've got places to be."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Brisinger987

"I gathered a lot of respect for you that day. You seem to be the only woman I've met that can push me to all my limits. I want to help you!" He threw his hands up in despair.

"I'm sorry, ok?! I'm sorry I tried to kill you, that I got you hurt, that I tried to care! Go on. Leave. You are the only person who actually forever makes me string two and two together. If you hate me fine. Just let me help you get better. At least." He seriously didn't know what to think. He didn't know what he was feeling, whether it was normal. He'd never had it before.

visualspice

His words were ringing in her ears. She felt so frustrated and irritable. Why wouldn't he just go away? Then he was sputtering out words of apology, only half of which she caught as she groaned, grabbed onto him by the neck of his armor and looked about ready to give him a piece of her mind-

and that's when she doubled over and puked.

Brisinger987

When she was sick, he knew exactly what needed to be done. The armour and her hatred for him could wait.

Not even thinking, he picked her up, walked to the cart, and put her down in it gently.

"I'm gonna get you some medicine, ok? Just don't run off. We can sort out the dead after we sort out the living. I know that burying this man means a lot to you, but I don't think he'd appreciate you joining him just for the sake of burying him."

visualspice

The moment he picked her up, she almost wretched again, tasting the vomit rise within her throat, but swallowed it back in a groan at his ear. When she was laid in the cart, however, she got a second wind and went to reach out for his hand, snatching onto it angrily; only to double over, and nearly fall off the edge of the cart as she vomited again.

OOC: looooool

Brisinger987

"Stay. In. The cart." He spoke firmly to her.

"I will not let you get any worse if I can help it." He went to pull the cart, and felt what she meant. The cart was heavy. but he was strong enough to pull it without much issue.

"Just hang on. You know, I don't even know your name. Mine is Torak. Just so you know who to hate." He remembered exactly where the healer was. She was a local magician.

It was a smooth road he took. The healer could heal most things. They were there quite quickly. He knew this town backwards and upside down now.

visualspice

Jinai was too sick to fight back now. She didn't feel like wretching anymore, for it made her entire mouth taste god awful, not to mention was giving her rushing, cold chills. And just as she had just about got her sickness under control, she turned to see the dead face of her brother, and turned and threw her face over the side of the cart to vomit again.

Gods, this was going to be one long day, wasn't it? And it was barely even morning...

Collapsing back onto the cart, she kept her eyes averted of the corpse behind her, curling up as her hair hung messily over her face as she shivered from the cold. It was then he told her his name, and she merely lay there in silence, simply breathing for a long while before saying, "I thought you just assumed my name was Assassin."

Brisinger987

He stopped the cart off outside the healers house, and went and picked Jinai up. He covered the cart, and spent a bit of energy trapping it for any stupid people.

"Your name would be nice, cause this will be twice you owe me now."

He looked at the door, and could tell it was locked, so, he teleported inside, having been here before.

"Hello, Hunara? I need urgent help! I have a sick woman here..." He shouted through to the back, and heard shuffling about.

"Oh, Torak. Set her down."

visualspice

Jinai was too ill now to even groan when he plucked her up. Most of the color was drained from her skin, her face red and splotchy with fever, and the bangs and sides of her hair were soaked with sweat. Though the moment he teleported, and more importantly, teleported with her, she gasped and immediately latched onto him.

The sensation was something she could not place, and her heart was well into her throat, her stomach jumping when it was already unsettled,  as her eyes went as large as saucers as she blinked and looked around, not quite sure where she was or what to make of it.

She was used to magic, but not this sort of magic used on her.

Brisinger987

Torak set her down, and the healer came through.

"Looks like Feroxian Fever... Time to work some magic... This counts as a favour Torak, I will know if you don't keep to it. Chora will tell me." The woman muttered a long incantation, and green energy flowed from her hands, weaving around Jinai.

"It will be ok, just try not to resist. The magic will cure you." Torak watched as the magic began to seemingly meld with Jinai's skin, leaving glowing green marks around her, until it released all the healing energy, turning, first, the colour of Jinai's skin, then the dark purple colour of a violent bruise.

visualspice

Jinai could do little to resist. Another wave of nausea passed through her after she was set down, and she was seeing spangles that nearly blinded her. She closed her eyes, tried to rub them away, but it was to no avail.  Groaning, she barely caught the words of 'magic' and when Torak approached her side, she gripped onto his arm and looked him squarely in the eyes before saying, "If this kills me, I'll come back to haunt you." Before she wilted away and the healer went about hteir business.

As the green marks began to glow across her flesh, she winced at the light and of their warmth. Then as the energy began to release, her body jolted, a hand shot out, gripping onto Torak's involuntarily while the other gripped onto her stomach as she let out a gasp of pain. And then as the powers flowed through her, there was a calming, a sense of serenity that had her melting against a released breath as the healing light turned purple in color and now hummed over her body. THen her eye lids hung low as she passed out.

Brisinger987

"Is she going to be ok?" He watched her fall into unconsciousness.

"Her body just needs to recover. Give her a few minutes. If she is out more than four or five minutes, call me back in." She went back through the shop, and Torak pulled up a chair next to Jinai.

"If you'd listened to me, you could be doing what you came to do. I didn't mean to make you hate me. I did what I was being paid to do at the time, and I grew to respect you. Very few people have outwitted me like you have. You're faster, smarter, more resourceful. And you make me feel... I don't know... You're probably going to wake up any second, saying you heard me, and slap me or punch me, but I don't care. I say I save you because I want to kill you, that I don't want some cold to kill you, but if I wanted to kill you, I could knock you out, kneecap you, cut your leg ligaments and leave you in the Essyrni desert to die. I thought that was why I saved you, but... I don't know. There's something about you. You could drive me to the extreme of any emotion. No-one has ever been able to do that to me before. You can frustrate me as much as you want, depress me, beat me. No matter what you do, I won't change my mind now. If this is what it feels like then let it be. If you hate me, then fine, I don't care. Just know that I love you." He stood up, wondering whether to leave before he embarrassed himself more.

"And no doubt, you haven't heard a word of what I just said."

visualspice

He was right. She hadn't heard a thing. Her mind was reeling, slipping in and out of consciousness as her eyes moved rapidly beneath their lids. Her lips were pursed open, she was still breathing, whimpering almost through a breath. And the five minutes was almost up before she opened her green eyes.

Her vision was blurry at first, but after digesting a garble of outside noise (his monologue included), she thought she had just awoken from some sort of twisted dream. Gods, she needed to lay off on her drugs. The pana-lily must've done something wicked to her. So when her vision finally cleared, her face twisted in confusion at who she saw.

"Torak?"

Brisinger987

"Yes?" He wondered if she had heard what he said. His face instantly red, embarrassed.

"Umm, you didn't hear any of that, did you?" He asked her nervously.

visualspice

"What?" she scrunched her nose, feeling irritated as her head felt like lead as she attempted to sit up with a wince. She felt strange after the healing magics. It made her feel all tingly, and well... weird.
"What are you talking about? And stop talking so loud, your making my ears ring," she groaned, rubbing at her eyes. She looked like shit, and felt like it too; but at least she wasn't ill, and the blush from her fever was beginning to fade.

Brisinger987

"Easy now, you're cured, but you have to recover. And your ears will be sensitive. Don't go worrying about your cart, it is safe. I rigged it with traps. I know how to disarm them and get the cart moving again." He patted her hand.

visualspice

Jinai stood up suddenly.
"You did what!?" She yanked her hand away from him and looked about ready to sock him hard across the face. "Why would you touch my stuff!? I want out of here... Now! and-" and just as she wnet to take a step forward to storm clean out of the place, she misstepped and fell against Torak with an 'ooof!'

Brisinger987

((OOC: Omg, lol, classic))

Torak fell over with her, and ended up on his back.

"Um, if you wanted to do that, you coulda just asked... I would be more than happy to have a hug for making sure no-one touched your stuff..." He went red again, embarrassed again. She was so pretty. And she such a fighters spirit.

"Shall we get up?" He beckoned for her to get up first.