Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Vow

Started by visualspice, July 20, 2013, 09:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Jinai glowered at him for his coy words. When did the face of the coin change? Normally she was the one dishing out coy remarks to toy with men. But Torak was different. Torak she loathed.

She pushed herself up and didn't even bother to reply to him, stumbling to her feet as she held onto the side of a nearby table to keep herself upright, which was when one of her blow dart blowers (ooc: lol such a technical word for it lol ) fell out from beneath her skirts. Before Torak had a chance to see it, she snatched it off the floor, almost fell over again but caught herself by her hand and then finally, when rising to her feet a second time, she was starting to feel a bit like herself again.

She was flushed too, but not for the same reasons as Torak as she brushed her blonde hair from out of her face and blew out hot hair from her lips, irritably.

"So... are you going to disarm my cart now so I can get going? I don't like the idea you touched it. Where did you put it anyway? What did you use?" she asked, suspiciously as she worked at stuffing the blow dart inside her shirt, it slipping down between and disappearing well between her breasts.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Brisinger987

"It's just outside. But the door is locked. I can get us back out though." He walked up to her, and pulled her close.

"Thank you Jinhae!" The way it pronounced sounded like Jinai, but was directed at the healer woman.

Torak focused on the energy needed, and teleported. The weightless feeling never ceased to amaze him. But within seconds, they slammed back down again. Torak was stood. He looked to see that the cart hadn't been stolen. Nope. Not stolen.

"See, it's all there still."

visualspice

Before she had the chance to protest, he pulled her in close, then was saying her name.
"What?" and before she knew what was going on, they vanished, and were outside in a rush. Her stomach was up in her lungs as she clung to Torak's side the moment they were outside. She'd never get used to that. And she felt weird all over, especially since she was clinging to him.

Once they were outside, she angrily let go of him and stepped away, then stepped forward to inspect her cart.
"I see that.." she snapped angrily, then back to him she asked, "And how did you know my name?" SHe narrowed her gaze at him. "Did that healer drug me? What do you know?" She asked, grabbing him by the collar of his amour and glaring right into his face.
"I'm not in the mood for any more of your games, Torak. So spit out what you did to be back there or I'll find ways to make you wish you left me in prison back in Reajh."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Brisinger987

Her name? He didn't know her name.

"I know it now. I didn't as we teleported. The woman that healed you is called Jinhae. I take it you are called Jinai too then." He was glad he knew her name. And that she felt a bit better too. Enough so to verbally abuse him.

"And I stopped any passing Soot Wolves looting it. I would know. I am a Soot Wolf. I didn't touch your stuff. The magic is around the cart, not in it." He smiled when she grabbed him by the collar.

"Unfortunately, I did nothing. You were under for all of five minutes, I protected your stuff, and cured you of your ailment. Rather, the healer did anyway. I made sure to say thank you as we left." He didn't even try to move. He enjoyed being roughed up by her.

visualspice

Jinai growled and shoved him away.
"Yes, it's Jinai,"she confirmed in a growl, then she looked back towards the cart with narrowed eyes. "And if my brother's corpse is missing from there, I'll skin you alive." And she went to yank back the heavy blanket to see if he was, infact there. She didn't believe him for a second she was only out for a few minutes. It felt like days! And Torak was a god damn liar! She just knew it! ESPECIALLY with that grin!

OOC: I'm not sure if he disarmed the traps so.. feel free to have him do so or um, you know, I guess she'll get caught or hurt by one? loool

Brisinger987

Torak took out his dagger, and teleported in front of her before she got flamed by a trap.

"Wait patiently, and you will find everything EXACTLY as you left it." He stabbed the dagger into the ground and broke the trap.

"There you go Jinai." He stood back and let her inspect and investigate.

"And it was the 24th you saw me. Ask anyone later today, it is still the 24th." He stood with a smug grin on his face, having actually been honest for once.

visualspice

Jinai froze, and stared down as she watched him stab his dagger into a trap. But that didn't stop her from glaring up at him, her gaze narrowing at his smirk. She brushed her shoulder off of him as she stepped by, removing hte heavy clothe from over the cart to reveal her brother's corpse from within. She stared at it for a moment, looking around, before snatching her bag and then placing the heavy clothe back over her brother's dead and partial wrapped form.

As she slung her bag over her shoulder, she turned back to Torak, still saying nothing before opening her bag an checking inside. She loosely counted the small vials within, a few parchments and other trinkets she had on her person. Nothing seemed out of place, not even her money. Even still, she glared again back over at Torak and said, "How would I know what day it was? I've been on the road for countless days." She spoke between her teeth, then turned away from him and reached for the front of the cart. It was time to get the hell out of here. Arca enraged her. Torak enraged her, and his damn smell made her pissed.

Brisinger987

"What did I do? I caused you a lot of trouble back in Reajh, and now when I try and apologise, after saving you too, you hate me. The least you can do is tell me why you hate me." He stood there, the melancholy look on his face actually letting someone see what he really felt. He felt sad to see her go so soon. He had enjoyed the chase in Reajh. A lot.

visualspice

Jinai set her jaw at his words. Was he so dense? Then again, she never liked spelling out her own feelings towards people, so when she noted his expression, she turned away and just took a stronger hold on the cart and walked on past him.

"An apology does not fix what's already happened," she told him flatly, the cart wheels whining behind her as they creaked over the cobblestone roads as she walked. She was already half way down the road when she halted, swearing between her teeth before she glared at him from over her shoulder.

"Words don't fix what actions have caused. My face is plastered all over wanted posters in Reajh, hell, all over Connlaoth because of you, and here I find you hiding out in Arca and then think a simple apology will fix what you've done? Hell, I'm not even that dense. Go back to your wolf pack. I need to bury my brother. I've had his wife waiting long enough."

She was tired and the more she hung around Torak, the more upset she became. And she was not ready to admit to any of the emotions bottled up inside her.
Her brother was dead, her brother was dead, her brother was dead.
Gods... her brother Retkin was dead.
And she didn't know why, but that crestfallen look upon Torak's face remidned her of Retkin, and she felt the prickling sting of a few hot tears well up within her eyes.

Brisinger987

"FINE!" He finally lost his temper. With a thunderous crack, he teleported away, the noise just being from sheer energy put into it. He was still within the unfortunate earshot of Jinai.

"Rrrraaaggh!!" Smacked his bare forehead into the brick wall in front of him, and slumped in an alley way. First the wolves kicked him out, now this?! He had nothing anymore. The Wolves would kill him if he barked loud enough on their territory.

"You wanna fucking get me you damned blood wolves, HUH? Come and fucking get me! I'm right here! Come on! Kill me! KILL ME!" He was probably shouting loud enough for anyone in Arca to hear him, let alone just the local vicinity!

He took a quick observation of the house and without a second thought, put his fist through the wall. He felt bones and tissue split and crack.

"AARRRRGGHH!!"

visualspice

As she pulled the cart down the road, she paused at the sounds of shouting. Then at the cracking of brick. She felt a mild pang of guilt, but thought nothing more of it. It wasn't part of her to consider others feelings. Too many were dying, and the dead body in the cart behind her reminded her of this. And she needed to get back to Connlaoth soon, before the weather got real bad. Unfortunately for her, it looked like winter was coming in early and the snow picked up, collected quickly on the ground to about an inch or so... and Once she had reached her brother's farm, she watched in silence as Retkin's wife grieved over him as she knelt in the snow, clutching his body.

Internally, her own eyes were stinging with tears. Retkin's wife had just had a child, and had two others, two little girls with bright green eyes and blonde hair. Like her brother. Like herself. The children were too young to understand the tears their mother shed, and only cried because she did. They didn't understand daddy wasn't coming back.

Later that day, Jinai helped dig the grave, but didn't ask for help, and was quiet most of the visit. So when asked what was happening in Connlaoth, she was just finished digging the grave, at the crest of an apple tree that over looked her brothers farm, she paused to observe the land that was his.

So long ago it was when her brother used to boast about wanting to become a farmer, a farmer of his own lands, and not working under lands of one of their older brothers. She recalled her brother's dreams, his ambitions. She recalled his smile, the way it warmed the world. He had so many friends, and even still, he often times kept to himself, despite that, and would pull JInai aside, doing small things to make her laugh. And late at night, hed' sneak into her room, and they'd talk all night, whispering well into the hours of the early morning about what has been bothering them lately.

Now that he was gone, and had been missing from her life for ten years even prior to his death, to leave Connlaoth when she had refused him... she felt, well, empty inside. Though she knew her brother didn't understand their love completely, she missed him and wished he hadn't dealt with that situation in the manner he had. So she felt bitter towards the new family he now had, something he sought out in order to find purpose in his life. What was wrong with her just being there for him? Being true to him, being real? And being his crutch? She had given up a life for herself, giving up everything to protect him...
And now, he was gone, gone forever.

He had been a mage and found out when he was so young. He was too scared to tell anyone...
andJinai kept his secret, and would have taken it to her grave, and still will, even with him laying in the wraps ready to be set within the earth. It was that sort of love that she tried to bury deep down inside. It's why she could easily wear one mask at a time; slipping into one then another, and it's why it didn't matter how many beds she had shared... or how many games she played. She had never lived for herself.

She had no room for love, never knowing how to accept it for what it was. She always saw it as arbitrary, just a secondary emotion strung off of lust. How many times had she heard it? And the only time it truly ever affected her so deeply was when Retkin spoke the words so true. And she knew he meant it, even if it was something she could never give back to him.

So after explaining to his wife, in blunt, what was going on in Connlaoth, the pair were awkward in silence for a time, before slowly lowering Retkin into his grave. Once the dirt was cast over body, and packed into place, his wife moved forward, setting flowers on the grave. They all stared at it for a while, and after some words were shared, she gathered up her children and turned to Jinai.

"Won't you stay with us for the night?"

Jinai nodded, but didn't go inside with the rest. Instead, she stared at the grave and when no one was around, found herself humming a soft song, one her and her brother used to sing when they were young; a song about the unknown warrior. It was when she was half way through the song that he began to sing, in a broken, shaking voice and only then finally let her tears fall down from her eyes.

Retkin was gone... he was gone forever.

Brisinger987

Torak didn't roam the streets as himself. He stole as much as he could, but he didn't steal money. He stole odd pieces. Masks, knives, cloaks, gloves. He burned the ones that didn't serve his purpose. He couldn't think. He didn't think. Nowhere wanted him. Not the Wolves. Not Jinai. Why should he care anymore? No-one cared for him. He was not worth caring for. He was weak. He just wanted to die.

He didn't know how to handle rejection. he was unstable enough. Now he had nothing to care for. He didn't have to care. He finally caught sight of what he looked like in his new outfit. He gave himself a cold smile. Tonight he killed. Tonight, Arca suffered for him.

The first victim was a lowlife, a criminal not loyal to anything. Three stabs to the back, disembowelment, victim's neck broken. No possibility of survival. Body torched.

The second was a Shadow Wolf. Neck broken, slit throat, dismembered. Body torched. Unidentifiable.

The third was a young woman. Disemboweled, disfigured, burned, multiple break and abuse marks. Body left to rot.

The final kill was the most satisfying for Torak. Young child. Twelve years old. Dropped from bell tower. Nailed to holy symbol.

Torak hadn't even cared. He couldn't care. Remorse wasn't something he felt. Not any more. He was Torak, master assassin. He physically refused to feel remorse. He couldn't. Not even Jinai could make him regret killing those people.

He didn't believe in the fairness of death. If he had killed someone, they deserved it. They died because he willed it. Fair or unfair.

visualspice

Jinai needed to get out of Arca. She was out of her element here, and felt as cold as the drop in temperature. The snow that had fallen the night before was now crusted over in ice, and so her boots had to crunch through the layers as she walked. She left the cart behind, her limbs still sore, though strangley feeling better, due to the healer Torak had taken her to. As she passed through the town, she ignored the chaos of the guards freaking out about all of the killings that had happened last night.

But it wasn't her problem. However, she found herself heading back down the road she had come through yesterday morning, and paused for a moment, studying the door of the healer's shop. For a good long while, she simply looked at it, then reached into her bag, scribbled in a note and slipped in a few silver coins.

'Thanks for the healing. Look me up next time you're in Reajh so I can turn you in for the bounty on your head.
-Jinai

She smirked, though it was a faint smile before setting the note and coin beside the door and walked away, making her way through the chaos to the other side of town, but something had her stopping, furrowing her brow when she came across an entire crowd of people in tears.

"He was just a child! A child!" one woman wallowed.

Jinai raised her head, peering over the crowd with interest, and the moment she saw the child dead int he streets, her stomach turned cold as ice.
And she had to walk away, had to break herself from the crowd, had to get away from here.

She was crawling beneath her skin, still emotionally wrecked from her brother's death; and from all of the strain she endured back in Connlaoth. But it was Connlaoth where she needed to be. In Connlaoth, she could at least be doing soem sort of purpose with her life, even if each job was a reckless as the last. but if she died, it didn't matter. She had sunk herself into the cause too deeply to back out now; and as much as she never truly spoke it out loud...
Her heart did feel for those who were suffering, even if she always wore a mask, always a casual , snarky smile.

Yes, the child reminded her why she needed to get back to Connlaoth.. to protect those who could not, even when she was as powerless as any other non-magic weilding Connlaothian.
All she had were her drugs, and she was itching to drink one down. One hand slipped inside her satchel, tracing over the glass vile and contemplating getting high on her way home.

She needed to forget a lot of things, and being reminded how cruel the world could be, even outside of Connlaoth, made her realize just how cruel life was in it's entirety. And nly one thing was for certain...
In the end we all die.

Brisinger987

Torak watched the crowd from an alley, and a grim cold smile filled his face. They were pretty sufferers. He could see Jinai, and if she looked, she would have seen his smiling mask. The black bloodstained robe, the messy hair. The cold grey eyes peering out.

The mask was the worst bit. It had a smile that in all essence said "I will kill everyone you love and laugh as you weep, nothing upsets me anymore". And all she had to do was look. It was a death mask. Something old cults used to bury their dead wearing. It was a symbol of curses now. To see one was to see a curse embodied. If Jinai walked towards him, he would turn and walk away, lead her to the next scene. Then the next. Then the next.

"Follow..." His voice was different, thrown off by the psychopath inside.

He pointed at Jinai, then the alley that he walked to. He would be unidentifiable. A phantom. A wraith.

visualspice

For a brief moment, she thought she saw a man with a mask, and it's expression was.. disturbing, as was it's voice. She shivered at his threats, then narrowed her eyes at the thing.

"It's a good thing there's nothing I love," she muttered under her breath, and wasn't a fool not to notice the man's bloodstains. She wasn't a fool to follow someone who looked so deranged.
SO she turned, walking briskly away, her hands still fondling the vile of drugs in her bag.
Had she already taken some? Was this some sort of hallucination?

She needed to get out of Arca, and she needed to do it now.

Brisinger987

When she turned, Torak simply teleported into the crowd. They scattered, screaming. He pointed at what was left of the boy splattered over the cobble. Then he pointed at her.

"Follow me..." He didn't move this time, and waited for her to move.

"You will see..."

visualspice

Jinai halted in her steps when the masked man teleported. What was with these freaks in Arca. Did every nut-case have the ability to teleport? She narrowed her gaze, and turned around, blatantly ignoring the man's words. She was not about to fall prey into whatever craziness was befalling Arca.

Connlaoth, Connlaoth.. she chanted the words internally. She had to get back to Connlaoth.

Brisinger987

He teleported again, this time appearing in front of her.

"Follow me... Or there will be more..." He tilted his head and teleported to the original alley he had pointed at, staring at her.

"Innocence is futility. No-one is innocent. To breathe is to steal..."

visualspice

Her eyes went wide when he suddenly appeared before her. Then they narrowed as he spoke and vanished again. There was only one man that could infuriate her this much; Torak. She felt her blood broil. She did NOT want to play his games, and in an angered rage she stormed after him and made a grab for his mask.

Brisinger987

Torak teleported away again. He wasn't thinking, he wasn't being himself. He was the Masked Death right now. The white masked man. Death by curse.

"You must see everything else first. The bigger picture. Torak isn't in right now. He's bottled up. Inside. Dead." Torak opened his arms, revealing the intricate pattern of cuts he had made on his arms.