Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Vow

Started by visualspice, July 20, 2013, 09:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Jinai was furious. Not only was the man not making any sense, he was grating on her nerves and she had no patience to play his games. She came rushing at him again, wanting to slam a hard fist into his face, when he showed his arms. And she stopped.

She narrowed her gaze.
"Why would you be so stupid to hurt yourself? And what sort of game are you playing? First you try to heal me after you want me dead, so what.. is this your attempt to lure me away again to fight me? I'm not a fighter, Torak. I never was, and apparently by the cuts on your arm, neither are you. If you want to hide yourself, here.." and she tossed a bottle of drugs at his feet.
"Drink on that and you'll forget just about everything."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Brisinger987

"Drugs? Meaningless, trivial joys, of which I never had any use for. Why poison your mind?" Torak picked up the bottle, and threw it against a wall, smashing it.

"Come, let me show you the people I have freed from life..." Torak walked in the direction of another alley, one with the horrible smell of rotting intestines.

"Please excuse the stench, I have been working all night to show you this..."

visualspice

"What?" Jinai made a face, and had begun to follow but stopped.
"Why would I care if you went around killing people? Why would you show me this anyways? How does any of this pertain to me?" Then she glanced down at the broken bottle and looked back up at him, slowly shaking her head.
"You're a sick individual, and this is a waste of my time. Go torment someone else who might give a rats ass.I 'm going back to Reajh. That life sounds far more appealing than sticking around here playing with boy's who hides behidn masks."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Brisinger987

It was Torak that heard the insults. Torak felt the pain of them. And that made the Masked Death even stronger.

Torak took a knife and cut the cloak from his chest.

"You unleashed the monster. You're the mommy. Now let your baby show you the pretty drawings." As the cloak fell, the scars were visible, hundreds of wounds, hundreds of fresh cuts to accompany them.

"You broke Torak, pushed him plummeting over the edge. From his remains, I came..."

visualspice

Jinai just stared at him.
Was this guy for real?

"Last time I checked, I didn't associate with any monster. And for starters, I'd be a horrible mother," she made a face. "And what the hell are you talking about?" She really didn't get what he was going on about. She hardly knew the man and when she was associating with him, they were either arguing or he was doing something stupid; like blowing up buildings. In fact, the only thing he did nice for her was take her to the healers, you know, after threatening to want to kill her, again, for reasons she didn't even understand. Frankly, all the bad in him far out weighed the good. So he got her out of jail, big deal? He was the one who got here in there to begin with.

"If you're going to go blow up a building, just get done with it. I've seen your magic tricks before and I'm not exactly impressed. This fight isn't for me, Torak. I don't play well with others, so if you're goign to go on a rampage, go find some other person to harass. I've got a million other problems and you're not going to be one of them." And she simply turned and walked away from him.

Brisinger987

Torak took the knife and threw it at her back. It was a straight shot, so it shouldn't miss. If she hadn't predicted it.

"I will follow you. You left Torak with nothing to care for. Which means I have nothing to care for, hahaha!" He took off the mask, and threw it to the floor, the clay shattering, pieces clanking off the cobbles, echoing in the alley.

"You see, you made me see the bigger picture. You changed me."

visualspice

She hadn't expected the dagger, thinking he was just some deranged idiot and she was hoping, praying to get the hell out of Arca in one piece. She figured if she just ignored him, it'd go away, right?
And that's when the knife hit her, and with a noise, she went down.

Brisinger987

Torak walked over to her body, pulled the knife out, and dragged her half-conscious body to the next scene. It was gory. The limbs of the victim were dismembered, the woman disembowelled, spilled everywhere.

On the wall, in blood, it spelled out "NOWHERE IS SAFE".

"Are you beginning to see Jinai? Torak wouldn't have wanted this... But you broke him, crushed him... How could a man with no love take rejection without breaking?"

visualspice

WHen the knife came out, blood bubbled up hotly from the wound and she let otu a noise, but didn't scream as the man dragged her away. What was he trying to do anyway? What was he accomplishing here? Though she supposed it didn't matter, he was deranged, crazy; and those people were the most deadly.

She saw the blood, saw the gore and felt the taste of vomit return to her lips. Funny how not that long ago, this crazed man had taken pity on her, but what shocked her the most was what he was saying now. Maybe the shovel to the head made him lose it? She had no idea...

"What?" she forced herslf to sit up, smacking his hand away from where he had a hold on her. "What are you talking about? What rejection? What love? I didn't break anything. You obviously have the wrong girl."
Or something mentally wrong with him, although that much was obvious.

She looked down at the dead body, the guts smeared across the ground, glistening grotesquely in the daylight and slowly shook her head.

"So is this what you meant by a fair fight? Heal me then find me again to torment me and kill me slowly?"
It was then she found herself smiling, laughing even, a gesture that made her wince at the pain against her back.
"Fine, whatever, Torak. If you're planning to kill me, just get it over." she said, shaking her head and looking at hte mess on the ground, all the while her mind was racing over any possible way to get through this unscathed.

Well, except for the knife scar she was going to obviously receive if she lived.

Brisinger987

Torak realised. Where was the fair fight. Even if he was on his death bed, he would have fought her fairly. It was Torak listening, Torak dragging Jinai.

He stumbled back, dropping the dagger. He did this. He dismembered and killed innocent, random people in backstabbing fights. He was a monster. This wasn't him.

"I-I-I-I-I... I didn't... I-I-I-I-I couldn't have... I did..." He sat on the ground looking at the horror he had caused. An innocent young boy. He had broken his only two rules last night. Never kill a person who couldn't fight back. If they had the capability to fight back, if they just didn't have good enough reflexes, they were game, but Torak had not done that. The child...

"The-the-the child... I did that... I-I-I-I couldn't have done that..."

visualspice

Jinai was startled when Torak went on stuttering, but wasted no time snatching up the knife he dropped, keeping it in her hand and pointing it towards him as she slowly backed away.

"Stop playing around!" she spat. "You're a crazed murderer. You killed a handful of people today and tried to drag me around, gloating about it. Now just stay where the hell you are. STay just the hell away from me. I don't know what's going on here, but whatever this is, I don't want a part of it. I'm getting the hell out of Arca."

Brisinger987

Torak teleported about five times, his body physically shaking as he did. He was a murderer. He had killed innocent, non-contracted people. He was no better than the Harbinger.

"Go-... Gods... What have I done?!" He threw his hands up, trying to think of what to do. He was never going to forget this.

"Go on. Kill me. I deserve to die. I'm a coward... The other half of me, the voices, they took control... I let them take control..."

visualspice

At his words, she took a step back, her face twisting.
"What!?"
Great, now it was making sense. He was crazy and admitted it more so by saying he had voices inside his head. but even still, she took pity on him, he seemed to be torn with him. Either way, she wasn't a murderer. She's killed very little on the job, and those times...
She'd rather not think about it.
Most of the time she could get away with just drugging someone, and let the actual killers  finish the job.

"As if I'd take your blood on my hands," she spat. "Someone that's killed a child ain't worth it...." but hten she thought it over and reached into her pocket. She had another vile. Just a few left on her.
She tossed it to him.
"Take that. It'll help you forget." Then she turned away, walking down the street.

She wanted out of here more than he could imagine. She didn't belogn here, and things had turned crazy. It was time like these she envied those mages she protected. If she could teleport right back to Connlaoth.. Gods.. she would.

Brisinger987

Torak teleported away, his energy waning and waxing. He drank the fluid. The drugs. It made him forget, for now anyway. He walked back to his little rented room in some peace. He would remember it when he woke up, but he would deal with that then.

Jinai hated him, the city hated him, the Wolves hated him. And it was all his fault...

visualspice

Thank the God he had left. She had never thought to praying to any deity until today.
She had never been so terrified in all of her life, and once she was gone, finally alone, she took homage into a street corner and sobbed.

But she had her wounds to tend to, and once she thought she was well enough, she made her way back to where she had dropped her bag, trying to ignore the carnage, the disemboweled pieces of flesh upon the ground. But something made her turn, made her look.

Gods, what could cause such a mess!? She didn't want to think about it, took her bags, bandages herself up half-assedly and headed straight out of the town.
And it figures when it rains, it pours; for the winds were wicked on the trail she took back to Connlaoth, and the snow was several feet deep...
but it made for an empty and quiet road, and would give her plenty of time to think about what had happened, to grieve more over her brother as she began to break inside.