Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Vow

Started by visualspice, July 20, 2013, 09:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It was a long walk to his home. To travel all the way from Connloath into the capital city of Serendipity took weeks. Through rain and strong winds, and now, the chilling cold of the on coming winter, Jinai was now haggard and solemn as she entered the city of Arca in the quiet stillness of the morning. So as she walked along the cold, muddy road, her legs ached, her breath came out in gentle puffs beneath her hood. She had been well layered for this journey, and well armed. And also sick as a dog.

Jinai always had many flaws about her, and her dabble in drugs was a hard addiction for her to kick, and after her brother's death, the war became a more clearer reality, despite how fully integrated she had been from the start. It had sobered her up completely after she had found out about her brother's death, had all but gone crazy to search through the pile of bodies and pieces there of to find his. And for the longest time she had sat in that moment, staring down at his face which had become blue with death.

She had vowed many things in that moment, and when she had initially received word her brother had been coming back to help support the Free Folk, and the cause, another letter soon followed from his wife, begging Jinai to watch over him. She had failed. He had barely been in Connlaoth a month- she hadn't even seen him- and he was gone, just like that.

To lose such a friend, even though they had been parted for nearly a decade by now, still stung at her heart. She knew her brother loved her, perhaps more than he should, but she had loved him back. He was her best friend, and the only one she had ever confided in. Since he had departed for Serendipity those many years ago, she found herself on a wayward path, and took to the drugs to cope with him having left her life. She still carried these drugs on her now, but felt too hollow and sick to even want to use them.

She also wasn't about to get rid fo them. It was part of her style to use them as self defense, even if not using them on herself to get a high. No, now she was sick over many things; her failure to protect her brother, and so she took it upon herself to personally see to it that his body was brought back to his wife to be buried in their land.

He had a small farm in the outskirts of Arca, so Jinai had to travel through this city in order to get there. While on her way, she had sent a letter on ahead to alert his wife she was on her way. She'd have to pen up another letter to let her know she was in the city, but fatigue and now fever were ever present, and she was thankful for the sudden drop in temperature this week to cool her off.

She paused against a building, 'The Lonely Shoe'; a shoe makers shop, which wasn't open. It was still too early in the morning for that. Removing her hood, she leaned against hte building, closing her eyes and enjoyed the cold winter winds blowing against her face.  She felt dizzy, and the sweat on her was heavy. She needed a bath, something to eat before this illness would take it's full toll on her.  Or perhaps it already had.

She found her green eyes glancing back towards the pull cart she had hauled all this while without help of an animal; for the mule she had was lost coming out of the mountains. A damn mountain cat had gotten to it. but better the animal than her or the corpse of her brother.

So through all of Serendipity she had to trek carrying the thing on her own, and it seemed only in this moment the weight of this burden was catching up to her, and she felt old beyond her years, and never more tired and sad in all of her life. She never cried over her brother's death, and it was too cold to start that now, as her green eyes stared down at the heavy blanket that laid across the dead body's form.

Retkin...  her brother....
he never deserved to die.
And now he was gone.
He was gone forever.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Brisinger987

Torak had spent most of the rather grey day, skulking about in alleys and rooftops, his armour re-enchanted. With the use of bodily energy, he could maintain a colour of his choice to blend in. He could turn grey, red. He simply had to envisage it. So he skulked about rooftops and trees and alleys like a giant metal chameleon.

He hardly recognised the faces skulking around the alleys with him. He picked pockets, left notes, threats, he made good use of his new ability. It gave him an unnatural edge over enemies. He was better than some Wolves too.

If he had recognised anyone, they weren't friends anymore. He had the Wolves as friends. He began to think about his time as an assassin. He  remembered getting the armour. Sleeping around, targets and clients of particular importance or interest. The most important client had been when he was recruited for the protection of the ceremony of Grand Duke Calent. Apparently the man he had met with was a double, as Torak killed him, before running off to the Wolves.

He remembered his small excursion with this Owl girl, the Canis Dirus, before Charon anyway, and Rufus trapping him on a roof. He remembered escaping the shadow wolves, seemingly killing them, just to find out that he only killed three tenths of what he thought he did. He remembered being caught and dragged to Zahi. Being beaten to hell by Rufus. All good memories.

But he remembered his hateful memories. The ones he didn't like so much. The ceremony day had hurt. That stupid assassin had dragged him halfway across Reajh, just to bugger off after being rescued by him from jail. He hoped he never saw her again. If he did, he would have to have "words" with her.

But apparently he had spoken too soon.

The girl he had thought a vagrant removed her hood. There she was. The assassin herself. On Wolf territory.

He thought about any implications in the Wolves. No. This was a personal grudge. Perhaps he could just beat her half death. She would pay for making him limp from that jail.

He jumped over the rooftops, and stood above her. He thought about landing on her. That would hurt her a lot. But she seemed to be in a state of emotional turmoil. Hurt.

He dropped the ledge and landed in front of her. he changed the armour to it's ceremony day colours, so she would know him.

"What sort of person gets broken out of jail, then just runs off, without even thanking her rescuer?"

visualspice

When the man jumped down from the building, she just about had a heart attack. SHe clutched onto the cart nearby, not only because her legs suddenly felt weak, and she, nearly faint, but also because she had to protect it. It was the only thing of value to her in that moment, so when she heard the familiar voice, saw the familiar armor, she grit her teeth, glaring daggers back at him.

"You!"
Then at his comment, her expression soured.

"Thanks?" Despite being sick, she wasted no time socking him clean across the face. Armor be damned. And gods, now did her fist ever hurt. She shook it, crumpled over from the pain as she glared back his way.
"Why would I thank you?"

Really, what a fool! Did he have ANY idea of all of the trouble he's caused for her since the coronation? Gods, what an idiot! And boy was her blood ever broiling, which was enough to make her ignore the dizzyness from her illness that was still ever present.

OOC: lol hope it's ok I assumed a hit on Torak XD if only for lolz.
I can change it f you want >_> just let me know
BUT IT AMUSED ME
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Brisinger987

((OOC: It amused me too. Torak shall now proceed to fall on his arse.))

Torak felt the punch land, and it knocked him straight on his arse. He had the helmet ringing bloody murder in his ears.

"For breaking you out when I could have left you to the hangman's noose... Aggressive bitch..." He stood. He was ready to fight again. If she wanted to die today, she would.

"Be lucky I am changed." He re-coloured his armour into one that identified him as a Soot Wolf.

"What brings an annoying cow like you to this city?"

visualspice

Was that supposed to be funny? Him changing? I mean, his colors change, but he still looked like an idiot in armor to her. She narrowed her gaze at him.
"That's none of your business," she spat.

Brisinger987

"Oh, but it is you see. I am a Shadow Wolf. My superior needs to know everything going on in the city. Including your visit." He pulled out a blade, his large sword to be exact.

"So, tell me what is in your little cart, vagrant." This command he growled, his sword steady and sharpened.

visualspice

"Shadow wolf?" Jinai's face twisted, obviously not enlightened enough to know what the hell a Shadow wolf was. Was he saying he was some sort of were creature? That would explain why he acted like an idiot, reckless and dumb. And maybe he was really ugly behind his mask. Another reason he might be hiding his face. Her eyes narrowed on him as he pressed the issue about the cart.

But instead of fighting him, she turned away, simply peeling part of the cart's heavy covering back, before grabbing onto the shovel she had on board and attempting to whack the armored man across the head in one swift move. SHe knew her drugged darts would be useless with him and his armor; but a shovel to the head might be enough to knock him out.

Of all the damn luck, why did she have to run into THIS idiot now of all times?

Brisinger987

The shovel smacked him in the head. For a second he was impressed. He saw the tactic of illusion, the idea, the whole thing.

Before the hit knocked him unconscious anyway. His helmet came off, and landed a way away, and he laid there, eyes open, blood on his face.

He wasn't getting up just yet.

visualspice

THe loud CLANK of the shovel to his face made a lot of noise, not only what had been ringing in Torak's poor ears. The sound alerted the guards, and upon hearing that, she cursed beneath her breath. Grabbing onto Torak, she attempted to heft him up into the cart. Might as well try to hide the body. Less to explain if she could pull off she was taking two corpses to the graveyard.
But Gods, was the armored idiot heavy. Several grunts and growls later, she had gotten the tall man into the cart and for a moment, paused to observe his bleeding face, and well, the detail there of.

He looked like any other man now without that stupid helmet on, and looked almost serene and handsome, you know, now unconscious and with blood trickling own from his face. It was then she noticed a scar by his eye, but that was all she had time to look at before throwing the heavy sheet back over his body and turning around.

The guards had appeared, and once they inquired what was going on, she explained herself, and was thankful she had rested Torak in the cart so that his bleeding side of his face was pointed down, rather than up. So when she pulled the cart back to show the two corpses, tehy nodded, and let her pass.

Thank Gods the guards bought her story. She was pretty good at playing things up. It always helped her getting what information she needed and in her stealth tactics and sneaking in to get close to her enemies for information. Now, with the guards gone, she picked up the cart, grumbling about how much heavier the cart was and made her way to the cemetery. Might as well go there, then drop Torak's damn body for someone else to find. He wouldn't be her problem any longer.

By the time she made it to the graveyard, it had began to snow. The first snow of the season. She shivered, despite her fever and pulled the cart into the center of a long slender path set amongst the stone graves that jutted out from the frost-bitten hill-side. She parked the cart, sighing as she leaned against it to catch her breath,a nd felt a dizzy spell wash over her. She'd have to find medicine soon, or some sort of inn, or relief. And for a moment, she closed her eyes, feeling so very, very tired and sore.

Brisinger987

Torak woke up when the cart stopped, to find himself in with another body.

"Sweet holy Angsar!" He jumped out of the cart, his helmet magically returning via a teleport. He could do that now. He had made sure the enchantments were tailored to him. And him alone.

"So that's what you're doing... Psycho bitch..." He wiped his cut, scratching himself with the serrated armour. Now he was bleeding even more.

"What, were you going to bury me along with your boyfriend?!"

visualspice

Jinai almost fell over when the man shouted, it ringing well into her ears as she winced. She grew dizzy a moment, but stilled herself against the cart before turning around and shoving Torak out of the cart.

"This is the end of the line for you. Get out, your heavy ass is walking."
And she was breathing heavily, abnormally so, as large white puffs of breath splayed across her face. then, with the stupid idiot out of her cart, she moved to cover her brother's body and took hold of the ends of the cart, fully aiming on just walking away and leaving the idiot to rot int he grave yard.

Brisinger987

He took a closer look as she removed him from the cart.

"Gods you are ill... You need some medicine..." He felt sorry for her. Why was he feeling sorry for her?!

"I have money. You want some medicine?" He didn't even know why he was offering to help. He respected only one thing, her shovel swing.

visualspice

Jinai ignored him, and now with a firm grasp upon the cart, she simply walked away, the cart wheels whining in protest as she dragged it along the bumpy road.

Brisinger987

He saw her walking away. He had the utmost respect for this girl, but if she was going to die, he would kill her. Not some damned cold.

He teleported in front of her.

"You want to know why I saved you from that prison? Because I respect you. I want to be the one to kill you myself. When we are both on peak form. I will not let some damned cold take my kill. And thus, until you are well, I will do my utmost to make you will. No-one takes my kill. Not even a damned god." He held out a hand for her to shake. He would only do this once.

visualspice

Jinai paused when Torak stepped infront of her. She stared at the hand, then sighed, and simply adjusted the cart and began to move it, pulling it around him and off into the lumpy grass, which was considerably more irritable to pull the cart upon than the road.

"You're an idiot." was all she said. What was his problem anyways? She didn't have time for his shit.

Brisinger987

"An idiot for wanting to fight you in a fair fight? What happened to girl I chased half way across Reajh? When did she die? What miserable ass fucking demon possessed her corpse?!" He shouted at her as she walked away.

"If you don't want me to help you then fine. Go crawl away and waste your few remaining days. Or you can take back your damn life. You're stuck with me as long as you aren't dead. I will not let anything else kill you, but me. You are mine alone to kill. If I have to fight the whole damn Connlaothian army, just for you to kill me in a fair fight, so be it!" He was, in his own way, caring. In his own, sick, territorial, strange way, he cared.

visualspice

The more he spoke, it only confirmed what she already knew.
Yep, definitely an idiot. So she kept on walking, that was, until he mentioned he was going to follow her. That's when she visibly flinched, and, upon seeing a rock her wheel was getting stuck on, she felt her blood broil even hotter than her fever. Picking up the rock in a nonchalant motion (that appeared as if she were simply fixing the wagon wheel which had been caught) she threw it at his head.

"I have no reason or care to fight you, you idiot. Now get away from my cart before I hit you again with the shovel!" And so be it, she'd knock his head clean off with it if she could!

Brisinger987

He dodged the stone, not caring. If she went to fight him with the shovel, he would just wear her down.

"What is your problem with me?! In Reajh you were quite happy to lead me on. Now you're running away from me! I tried to kill you once. I don't think you're worth killing when you talk to me like this!" He walked towards her, inviting the hit from the shovel.

"I liked you better back in Reajh."

visualspice

The more he spoke, the angrier she got.
And she was cursing when the rock had missed.

"And I hate you now just the same. Don't you know anything? Just get the hell out of my way. I've got somewhere to be." And despite it seeming it would be obvious she needed to be in that graveyard (considering the corpse) she continued to pull the cart again back onto the path.

"Why don't you just go find some other building to blow up, hrm? Seems like Arca is full of them." And as quickly as she wore a smile for him, it turned sour and dropped away, and she went right on back to pulling her cart.

Brisinger987

"Hmph..." He grunted a little, and walked up behind her.

He grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her towards him. Then he did the most surprising thing. Even he didn't expect to do what he did. No control, no thought, just a reflex.

He kissed her.

((OOC: Dun. Dun. Dun. DUUUUNNNN!!!!))