Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Learning To Fly (Caerina) (Finished)

Started by Brisinger987, July 21, 2013, 07:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

"He's the leader of ou- SHIT! BIRDS!" He banked steeply to avoid the flock of mountain birds. "He's the leader of our Colony, head elder. He tries to improve relations between us and the humans."

"He's also technically my uncle, although he's my adoptive, uncle-figure. No blood relation whatsoever. Me and him are literally two of a kind. My mum is a Crystal-back, from Connlaoth, and my dad is a Gryphon, both my adoptive parents." He didn't care about his old parents. They died, that was that. He never knew them, so he didn't feel sad.

Caerina

She smiled. Must be nice to have a family... Not that she would care, she corrected herself.

"So what were two unique dragons doing on a top of a mountain?" she asked with a smile, trying to change the family subject, or any subject that had something to do with her.

Brisinger987

"Learning to fly. I was anyway. I didn't say cause I thought you might be discouraged to ride me." He flew with agility and precision of a master, but this was only his second time on his wings. It just came naturally.

Caerina

"I wouldn't have guessed... You fly really good, not that I know anything about flying." she said cheerfully.
"It's astonishing actually.. I wish I could fly."  and she meant it. Her life would've been so much easier if she could just fly away.

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc made a sharp turn round a mountain, and Methusela followed.

"Usually Veraxitoc flies me around, but I'm a teenager technically now. So I can run around and muck around with people and stuff." Methusela wasn't interested in any of that stuff, but he was still curious. All teenagers are curious at some point.

Caerina

"As long as you don't burn some poor villagers along," she said with a smile "I think experimenting and testing your limits is a great way to pass the time, especially when you're a teenager." she grinned.

Brisinger987

"I would never dream of torching a village. I don't like the idea of hurting innocents." Methusela flew low over lake and put one claw in the water, spraying the air behind them.

"What sorts of things do human teenagers do?"

Caerina

"I never thought you would, it was a joke" she smiled "But I have no idea what teens do... Tell me if you find out" she shrugged sadly and looked at the beautiful lake.

Brisinger987

"Why were those men after you? And what do you mean you don't know?" Methusela was completely confused. How could this girl not know, she was young enough to remember it.

Caerina

She took a deep breath. She never liked talking about herself or her history.
"Those people are slavers, and I am their target." she told him shortly "I have been on the run since I escaped Conlaoth."

Brisinger987

"Slavery is just wrong, to force someone to work for you via threats and contracts is wrong. You were right to escape, and I am glad I helped you." Methusela flew back up to follow Veraxitoc.

Caerina

"Perhaps it is wrong.. But making it wrong doesn't stop people from doing it... " she said flatly.
"I'm also glad to hear such words from such young dragon." she grinned "Is that your uncle influence or are you always so smart?" she joked. She wanted to change the subject.

Brisinger987

"My uncle would love to think he's the reason I'm so smart, but I just am, haha. My uncle has had a big hand in teaching me that violence is wrong." Methusela flew up next to Veraxitoc, who roared quite loudly. They were nearing Ketra.

"We're near Ketra, Methusela will drop you off in the city, and I will keep watch from above. Remember to spread word." Veraxitoc spun rapidly and a loud screeching filled the air.

Caerina

"Humble, too." she murmured to Methusela.
"I will," she turned to Veraxitoc. "Thank you." she said once again.

Brisinger987

"You are most welcome." The got over the city and Veraxitoc flew in circles. "Travel safely Khanna, I hope we meet again soon." Methusela waited to hear if Khanna had a response, gave time to give it, and then flew down.

The landed in a market square, and townspeople fled at the sight of him. He laid down for a second and let Khanna off.

"I hope you find somewhere nice to settle down Khanna, you don't deserve to be a slave."  Methusela spoke calmly, although he did feel rather sad leaving his new friend.

Caerina

She smiled gently.
"And I hope we both find our places in this world" she said "Go out there and show them what a great dragon you are."
She kinda hoped that this wasn't their last encounter.

Brisinger987

Methusela leaned up and gently pecked her on the forehead.

"Good luck." Methusela got up, hearing the sounds of hooves in the distance, guards running to kill him.

"Goodbye Khanna!" He took a sprint and leapt up, taking off. He climbed until he reached Veraxitoc.

Caerina

She took a moment to wave at him.
Then she just disappeared from everyone's sights, leaving the guards confused. From a corner, still invisible by the help of her illusion magic, Khanna spent a few more moments staring at the sky. Then she left in an unknown direction.