Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Women are Chickens, Men are Toads

Started by visualspice, August 14, 2013, 11:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Leif Arrant found himself back inside the manor house, having eagerly approached the table for a second glass of punch. Once that was knocked back, a servant passed carrying a tray of mead passed by, so he helped himself to two glasses and ignored the raised brows from any nearby guests. He might as well get liquored up. This was going to be a long night. Hopefully, he could avoid his father, and future fiance, for most of it.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

As soon as Valentina entered the room, her father ambushed her. He didn't say anything, he just put a hand on her shoulder and led her to the empty corner of the room.
"You look like a savage." he said coldly, removing a leaf from her hair.

"Listen to me very well Valentina..." her father said with a dangerous glow in his eyes "Your future husband's father told me that he wanted to meet you. I want you to be as polite as possible or I swear by all the Gods I will burn your library along with those ridiculous clothes."

Valentina bit her lip and her eyes were glued to the floor. She hated him, but she wouldn't risk her library.
"Yes, father." her voice completely emotionless.
Her father led her towards an unknown man. She didn't like him. His smile was the same as her father's. Fake and calculating.

visualspice

Leif was finally feeling the bubbling fire from the alcohol reach his mind when he spotted someone he'd rather not.. or rather, a certain set of someones, for his father was seen approaching Lady Valentina and her father. Leif lowered his brows, casting a brooding gaze their way as he drank down more of the mead, wishing it was stronger, before lowering the glass from his lips.

Remmis Arrant was a tall man, like his son, with a similar nose and jaw, though his hair was blonde, unlike his son's (which was dark as night), and he possessed a much lighter green colored eyes, his son taking on the dark green colored eyes of his mother. So, from their dissimilar appearance, Valentina might not have known that the man approaching was related to the man staring at her from the balcony. Though, they had a similar brow, if anything...

So as Remmis approached, he politely bowed to the pair of them.
"I am sorry it has taken so long for me to properly meet you, Lady Corrent. You see, I am the Duke of Castavar, and my son is Leif Arrant," he paused, adding, "Your betrothed, and he is here today to meet you though, I must apologize," he sighed, tiredly. "I shall have to figure out where." Then he noticed a few twigs in her hair and raised his brows questionably towards her father.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

The face of her betrothed's father looked somewhat familiar, even though she knew she never met him. She recognized the name. It was the man who stared at her from the balcony. Oh no, she wanted to die. He is her betrothed and she stared at him like an idiot. Perhaps now he will think she was interested, and she wasn't. At all. But why didn't he come to introduce himself, she wondered. If she knew who he was she maybe could have escaped this. But now... It was game over.

"The pleasure is all mine." Valentina bowed her head. One of the twigs fell on the floor. She smiled towards the Duke.
"You know how these new fashion trends are." She faked a smile and stuck the twig in her hair, making herself look ridiculous.

visualspice

Remmis stared at the young lady a moment before clearing his throat.
"Yes, I will never understand them," he admitted, then turned his attentions towards Lord Corrent.
"Are you all enjoying the evening? It seems the dancing has begun. Perhaps my son will show up soon and the pair of you can get acquainted on the dance floor? My wife has saw fit he was well versed in every intricate Connlaothian dance there is to know. But you know how women are. It seems a man well at dance can also hold a blade well, and my son can boast great skills in that,too, so his skills in dancing aid in many things, from self defense to, well, hopefully charming your daughter."
But as he went on rambling about his son's skills, he began to feel impatient and wondered where he had gotten up to. That was, until he spotted his son staring at him with his usual brooding stare over beside the buffet. Near the damn drinks.
Remmis sighed.

"Excuse me, I think I see my son now."

Caerina

Valentina felt ridiculous, but it would be even more ridiculous for her to try and remove the stupid twigs from her hair. So, she did what she could and just kept on smiling along. The Duke was going on and on about his son, and it took all of her strenght not to start yawning. She needed a drink, or something to eat or anything that would get her attention while her father continued talking with the Duke.

"Fantastic, bring him over so he can meet my lovely daughter." her father said and squeezed Valentina's hand, with too much strength. She felt like saying something but, remembering her father's threat she just widdened her smile and started nodding enthusiastically.

visualspice

The moment Duke Arrant approached his son, Leif turned uninterestedly away. With his nose to the air, and his stiff disposition, it was obvious the two were arguing, if even in a subtle way. Though after a time, Leif's eyes met darkly to Valentina, piercing her with a coldness harsher than that from the frigid peaks of the Kilanthro's as he stalked along behind his father to join the Corrent's in the corner.

Remmis was all smiles, even a bit red faced and flustered looking after having argued with his son, but none the less, he wore a charming smile and patted his son on the shoulder, then gestured to Lord and young lady Corrent, "This is my son, Leif. Leif, this is Lord Corrent, and his daughter, Valentina," he paused to gestured towards Valetina, where Leif's eyes returnd to her's, as cold as ever. "She is your betrothed."

For a moment, Leif said nothing in response, before stepping forward and taking her hand and lightly kissed the top of her glove with cold lips. Then he raised those dark green eyes to meet to her's before saying, "I'm sure it would be a pleasure if this was our first time meeting. After all, the reasons he has twigs in her hair was because we had a rendez-vous earlier in the gardens."

Remmis's fathers mouth dropped open. What did his son just say!? Was it for real, or was he trying to cause a scandal!? The duke turned towards Lord and young Lady Corrent, as if looking for answers, but it was obvious he was beyond flustered.

Caerina

Did the temperature just drop below zero? No, that was just the feeling Valentina had when she saw Leif Arrant looking at her. She wasn't sure what he thought about her, but judging from the look on his face, it wasn't pretty. It was the same man from the balcony and she wondered did he know who she was from the beggining. Of course he did, she told herself, he isn't an idiot like you are to stare at people he doesn't know. Valentina wanted to strangle herself or at least run away as far as possible, so that she may never see him again. She felt a bit intimidated by the way he looked at her but instead of retreat she just returned a cold smile instead as he kissed her hand.

Then she heard his words. And, at that moment she felt like she should run away and hide forever. No, she should first slap him hard and kick him then run away. How dare he say that, she didn't have a rendez-vous with anyone in the garden. Or did she? Is he the mystery man who was mean to her in the garden? That would make sense. She flushed deeply but also frowned at him with an angry expression. Her betrothed was a jerk, and that was just one of the reasons she'll never ever marry him.

"Valentina, what is the meaning of this?" her father asked her, obviously angry.
"Well, it's a pleasure of finally meeting you in person." she answered, ignoring his statement "Though I didn't think you were such a man to leave a lady alone in the gardens... At night no less." Valentina said, though it was obvious she didn't looked scared or upset because of it. Two can play the game he just started, she thought and smiled politely.

visualspice

Ignoring all the stares on him from both her father, and his own, he gave Valentina a soured smile.
"I was hoping you'd become lost and stay out there all night. A pity," he said, plucking a twig from her hair. "Seems even women are too smart for that pathetic excuse for a lawn maze."

Remmis's face went red.
"Leif! What is the meaning of your attitude? Are you not happy to see your betrothed? You have just met-"

"I saw her earlier," he said, flicking the twig aside as he cast his cold gaze to his father. "And she simply stared at me like a blubbering fish. And here you wish for me to marry her." And instead of saying something in order for him to depart, as his father began to growl, Leif simply rolled his eyes and began to walk away.

"Leif! Leif get back here and apologize at once!" but the man ignored his father's request, and took another cup of mead from a passing by servant. Three drinks just hadn't been enough.

Caerina

He was a jerk, alright. And a male chauvinist. Valentina was beginning to make a list in her head. If her 'dear' betrothed thought she was just another lady who will flush under his gaze and let him insult her... He was very, very wrong and he obviously didn't know her at all. She tossed a look on her father's face who obviously wanted to say 'Do not do anything stupid... Or else.' Valentina wasn't interested in idle threats, so she broke away from his squeeze and came in front of her betrothed.

"I don't like you and you don't like me." she said, this time with no polite smile "And, that's fine. But if you think I will put up with your insults and keep my mouth shut. You are very wrong."

Valentina kept her voice quieter so that she would avoid being in the center of the attention. Again. But, still a few heads turned when she said those words to him. She wasn't sure how will he react on her more than open attitude, but she was sure it wasn't often a woman talke to him like that.

visualspice

Instead of responding to her, he boredly looked away, drinking his mead.
Damn, the cup he got wasn't mead. It was wine. Damn Vythian wine. He made a face, and looked a anything but her, pretending not even to notice she was there.

Caerina

"So you are just going to ignore me?" she asked calmly "Fine, but remember you made me do this."
Valentina was known for her wicked and crazy ideas. She took his glass of vine and drinked it all at once. Then she kissed him, trying to adjust the way they were standing so everyone can take a look. And they did. If the scandal with the garden wasn't enough to gossip about, this obviously was. After a few seconds she released him and smiled sweetly.

"Let's see what will they talk about now." Valentina didn't really give a damn about her reputation, and he was her betrothed after all, but people still talked. She could only imagine how her father looked at her. She just kissed the man she met 10minutes ago. It was his fault, he wouldn't look at her, he ignored her and he deserved it.

visualspice

Well, that was hardly expected, and her kiss caused his face to heat angrily. If he had any wine left, he would have tossed it onto her dress. So he dealt with the next best thing- stealing the drink from a nearby servant and dumping it over her head.

"You're trying to impress the wrong man. Why don't you go roll out in the gardens to cool off," and he turned to walk away, dropping the glass so that it shattered onto the floor.

Caerina

Perfect. She thought with a satisfied grin as she looked towards her father. He was blowing steam, and was so red in the face that he thretened to explode. The effect worked just as she wanted it. Now, her betrothed will surely refuse to get married with her and her father will hopefully leave her alone. It was a strange sight actually, seeing her wet from the drink and half green from the grass, but still smiling. There was still hope for her. Though she was kinda irritated by the fact that he was the one who got her first kiss.

"I think I will take the advice." her voice chippy when she returned to her father "I am in the gardens if anyone needs me." she threw the crowd a happy grin and was out in seconds. Her father was too angry to follow her and she was alone again. In the same day she managed to piss of her father and probably ruin his plans for her betrothal. Today was a good day.

visualspice

Remmis was up in arms, and followed his son, chasing him to a remote corner of the manor. There was no end to his threats, and by the time Remmis was done with his son, Leif had a fat, bleeding lip, and a cut over his brow. And Remmis was the first to return to the party. He still needed to save face infront of the Corrent's if he wanted the engagement to go as planned. But Leif had had enough of this party, and began to stalk his way towards the exit when he was stopped by his mother. She noticed the wounds and frowned.

"What did you do this time, Leif? And don't think about leaving, the horses are locked away and you are not able to retrieve them without either I or your father present."

Leif sighed inwardly and simply walked passed his mother, heading out the front door.

Caerina

Valentina was feeling great. Well, except the fact she was cold and alone and sleepy. Okay she wasn't in a perfect state but it was worth it. There was no chance anyone will get her to return inside to see her father. He would kill her. Literally. It wouldn't be the first time. She wondered what's up with her betrothed.

"He must be healing his gigantic ego." she said and chuckled to herself.

She happily smiled and hugged herself, because of the cold wind. Tomorrow probably won't be the happiest day of her life, but if she hides in the library perhaps father will forget about her. Hardly, but a girl can hope.

visualspice

His mother's threats that he couldn't get a horse did not deter him from heading towards the stables. Just because his parents horses were 'guarded' did not mean he couldn't steal another guest's. So he made his way past the gardens, heading straight for the stables, unaware (and uncaring) of his betrothed's location.

Caerina

"And I have outsmarted my father, finally!" she continued talking to herself "I bet he never saw that coming. Now he will have to cancel it all." her voice sounded chippy and optimistic. Valentina was still chuckling at the image of her father's face in her head. It was hilarious, and this was one of those moments she won't let be easily forgotten.
"Perhaps I should just run away before he realizes how large scaled damage I have created?" her voice was now much more worried and serious. The fun has lasted long enough and tomorrow she will be obligated to face the facts and her punishment.

visualspice

Leif caught her voice, but wouldn't stop until she continued. If he thought she was stupid before, it was only confirmed then. And because he was a smart ass, he paused beside the gardens to speak to her through a tall shrub.

"Still talking to yourself?"

Caerina

She froze and bit her lip. How long has he been listening? He probably heard everything.
"Still the same jerk as always?" she asked. Valentina didn't like being mean, no she was actually very friendly and polite, but some people just asked for it. Namely the man on the other side of the shrub.