Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Women are Chickens, Men are Toads

Started by visualspice, August 14, 2013, 11:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

At her comment, his eyes latched to hers for a moment, though the emotion there was unreadable. He then opened his mouth to speak, but instead, drew in a breath and rethought his answer before replying, "So it would seem." And he looked around her room just once more to all of the flowers there before smiling, shortly, and bowing his head.
"Good night, Valentina. I hope you sleep well."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

She smiled widely with much enthusiasm.
"You too, Leif." her voice was tired but her words sounded happy nonetheless. For a reason she adored those small and short moments of theirs.

visualspice

The flowers lasted barely over a week. Having been cut, they began to wilt and dry out- and by that time, it was time for Valentina to go. The week was spent in amicable company- his mother fawned over his fiance like the daughter she never had (though truthfully, she had a daughter- a daughte rshe 'sent away' when Attalia Arrant had been discovered as a mage.) Leif was still bitter over the moment, and though it was presumed she was 'dead'- he thought other wise. ANd it was on her last day, as they were packing up her things, Leif went to visit his sister's grave.

He stood before the tomb stone, staring down at the engraved named 'Lady Attalia Arrant'- and the years and inscriptions below it faded away as he looked down at her grave. He had salvaged a few of the flowers from Valentina's room and rested them on the dirt mound before her grave stone, his eyes silent, his eyes brooding, his mind never at peace.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

The whole morning at the Arrant mansion was spent in a hurry. The servants were running around and getting all of her new and old stuff packed. It was her last day here, and Valentina had split feelings about what was happening. She wanted to stay but she also wanted to leave. It was confusing to her and she frowned as she was exploring the grounds.

Since snooping around was her favorite past time, she was already starting to get the hang of the place and it's grounds and she didn't get lost... Much. Her favorite places, beside the garden where she didn't get to spend as much time as she wanted to, was also the attic where she found a new sanctuary and it was conveniently close to her quarters.

Holding a book in her hands she was frowning over the misfortune of her heroine as she neared the graveyard. But, too taken by what was happening on the pages in front of her she failed to notice much else.

visualspice

Valentina wasn't the only one distracted, and as Leif closed up his final thoughts of Attalia, he turned around- and began to make his way towards the iron gate of the graveyard- wihch he had just pushed open until...
the iron gate struck something suddenly- and he heard a thud on the ground a moment later. Furrowing his brow, he moved outside the stone wall and iron gate to realize- he had just knocked over his own fiance with the wrought iron door!

For a while he stared at her in disbelief before his eyes fluttered, blinking as he moved forward, finally broken from his spell and helped her to her feet.
"Valentina- are you ok!?" he stammered, heart hammering heavily within his chest, eyes wide as he stared at her face and paled.
"You're bleeding.."
And while holding her protectively in one arm, his other hand fished into his breast pocket to pull out a kerchief,a nd moved to press against her forehead, where the iron gate had given her a nasty little gash trickling with blood....

OOC: Hope the bit of CCing was ok D:
I can edit it if you'd like, just let me know <3
I couldn't help myself! It afforded them a cute, quaint moment together <3

Caerina

"Ouchh.." she said as the door slammed in her face and her book fell from her hands. It was painful and warm and it was pulsating on her forehead. But what she did recognize in the blur of everything that was happening was his worried voice.

She felt the urge to touch her head, but as he pressed the kerchief on her forehead she couldn't concentrate on anything else but the pain. If it wasn't as painful as it was Valentina would be nagging herself over the fact that an iron door almost killed her. Her pride would've been quite shaken. But now, she didn't really think about that.

After a few seconds, as she regained her focus she bit her lip and frowned on the unfamiliar feeling.

OCC: She should have seen it coming... No need for any fixing, it's great! <3

visualspice

Seeing no response and the woman's pale skin, Leif shook her gently to keep her focused on him.
"Valentina?" And he tried to look into her eyes as he inquired, "Valentina, are you alright? Say something to me, Valentina." And then more urgently, he added, "Please." And again, more hastily, "I'm sorry, I hadn't seen you there and I just-"
And his lips remained frozen in place, dark eyes meeting to hers as guilt became him-
as did her beauty, and words, for that moment, were just forgotten.

Caerina

Once again, Valentina frowned, but since it was painful to even do that she slowly shook her head. In order to break the tension between them she did the only think she could do at any given moment.
"I know you're not really fond of me, but killing me seems a bit too much, don't you think?" she tried to joke and slightly chuckled, as she slowly tried to regain her composure. But, she could see that he was really worried and something in that made her chest tighten a bit. Valentina took another shaky breath.

visualspice

Leif's expression fell when she did speak, her words, not quite registering at first (or, at least the joke had not) before he gave a nervous, breathy laugh in reply.
"Not enough to try to kill you," he jested back. "But you didn't answer my question.."and his eyes never left hers. "Are you alright?"

Caerina

Valentina took a moment to ask herself wether she was alright. Beside the terrible headache that was starting to consume her mind, and the wound that was still pulsating painfully on her forehead, she was fairly well.

"I believe I am." she said while straightening herself a bit. Perhaps she'll have to get bangs to hide her forehead after all.

visualspice

Leif frowned, but kept the kerchief on her head for a moment before examining the wound more closely, then he turned back to her and began to speak, though his words stopped short after, "It looks rather painful. Perhaps I can help you clean it out once we get back to..."
And somehow, his face had ended up just a few inches from hers...
and they were close enough, perhaps just a breath or so away...
If he had ever considered wanting to give her a true kiss.

And his eyes, a puzzle of emotions, remained locked and frozen upon hers, and only a second later did he recall his place and pulled his face away, his hair tickling against her own as he sighed, his cheeks coloring red.
"Back to.. the manor house." And his eyes flickered a moment in thought before peering back to her.
"Can you walk?"

Caerina

He was very well being too close for comfort, and Valentina couldn't get the picture out of her head. But, even so she still didn't have the strength to admit to herself that she rather liked it. As she tried to contain her blush she nodded hastly at his question. She wasn't even aware of the tension between them until the moment he withdrew and she could breath again.

"I can." she told him, her voice too quick and her body too eager to move away from him. Valentina wasn't sure could she. Too much stress in just a few moments. She wasn't sure whether the physical pain of the wound was tougher or was it the tension building up in her.

"It's really nothing much.. Just a scratch." she moved a small step away from him, her voice sounding nonchalant , an easy smile on her lips.

visualspice

Leif frowned as she moved away, feeling the cool air settling between them now and her scent, gone.
"Are you certain?" he said, not wishing to step too far away from her- considering she had barely taken a step by herself to begin with. "I did just hit you with an iron gated door.."

Caerina

"Really, I'm fine." she smiled, trying to sound as convincing as she could "I'm surprised people don't hit me with things more often." Valentina joked. But, after all, she didn't step away any further, she just kept her easy smile on her lips as she raised her hand and slowly brushed her fingers over the wound. It was warm and she frowned deeply on the pain.

visualspice

As she moved away, Leif stopped her by catching her by the arm.
"Valentina, wait.."
And he handed her the kerchief.
"Keep this pressed to the wound."
And at her joke, he answered, much later as he looked away, "And no one should ever hit you. There should never be a good reason for that."

Caerina

She took his kerchief and pressed it to her forehead trying to block out the pain and blood. Honestly, the wound itself probably wasn't as dangerous or serious but Valentina liked the fact that someone cared about whether she was fine... Even though the same person smacked her in the head with an iron gate...

She kept quiet at his words. Perhaps it was true but it didn't stop other people from hitting her.
"So what were you doing there?" she asked finally, trying not to think over the things he said.

visualspice

Leif grew quiet again at her question before replying, "I.. was visiting my sister's grave."

Caerina

Valentina raised her head slightly.
"I'm sorry.. I probably interrupted you." she said with worry "You should go back, I can find my way to the mansion and clean the wound."

visualspice

Leif frowned at her words.
"I was leaving, but maybe you forgot I hit you with the door.."
he looked her over, brow furrowing before he inquired- "Are you sure you're alright?" And befre she could protest it, he took her arm. "Here, it'll make me feel better to assist you back." And as he took a step to be at her side, her arms snuggly in place within his own, he sighed and looked into her eyes, "Besides, my business here is done. We should head back together. And I'd like t see it myself that wound is cleaned before you leave."
This was her last day, after all.

Caerina

And so her plan to flee away fell into the water. With a small pout on her face, Valentina walked beside him, comfortable with their closeness. She kept pressing her forehead with her other hand. As far as she knew, she couldn't feel any more blood.
"What happened to her?" she asked before she could stop herself "I don't want to pry... You don't need to answer that." her head sank even lower.