Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Women are Chickens, Men are Toads

Started by visualspice, August 14, 2013, 11:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"They claim she's dead. Said her caravan was attacked on the way up to the camp they were sending her to.... because they found out she was a mage, and the church could not cure her."
His tone tried to come out with indifference, but his tone was hard and it's temperature, cold and bitter. His brows were more furrowed than usual, and a scowl, ever present on his lips.
"They kept the casket closed, but I know it's empty."
For even if he were to believe that was how she died...
The story never added up to him- and if it was an attack- what remains of her body could be buried?
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

Valentina slightly flinched at the mention of mages and the connection with his sister. Few seconds she spent reminding herself in what a miserable situation she was in and how easily she could be killed or even worse, end up being locked somewhere. She could notice the strain and the bitterness in his voice. Valentina was on the edge of talking about her own hatred towards the church, but bit her tongue. It would then be so easy to recognize her for a mage.

"I'm sorry, everyone deserves to know what happened to their loved ones." she said, trying not to concentrate on the politics or religion, just pure compassion.

visualspice

"Well..." Leif began, with an almost scoff of a laugh. "The world will just keep on believing she is dead."
He, on the other hand, was still unsettled...
There were too many... questionable circumstances..
Considering..
The original story was that Attalia was returning to the church.
ANd a few weeks later...
It was said she died on her way to a mage camp....

Leif grew more tense on it as he went quiet and continued to guide Valentina back towards the house.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

Valentina didn't wish to press anymore questions about his sister. But, just as he, she was also having unsettling thoughts about her magic. She knew she needed to take necessary precautions and start being more careful. At her home, most people didn't pay much attention to her, but now she could bet that things will change. More eyes will be on her.

visualspice

At her sudden quiettness, Leif almost made a comment, but then quickly closed his lips. HE knew she was a mage, but she had no idea he was aware of it. He could easily deduce by her reaction this was bothering her,a nd he fought heard for something to change the subject.

"You know.. I never bought you those jewels.."

Caerina

She raised her head from her deep thoughts and actually smiled a little and relaxed, keeping her thoughts of magic and other future plans in the back of her head.
"I doubt they'll go well with the bloody wound on my forehead." she joked and pointed to her painful forehead.

visualspice

Leif smiled at that.
"Yes.. it would seem I'd owe you more than jewels," he said, pausing to lightly stroke a thumb affectionately across he forehead, before a blush became him and he turned away.
"The jewelers wouldn't be too far of a walk..." he began to said, guiding her still down the path. "That is to say, if you'd be up for it. Or.. we could share a horse."

Caerina

"You are really persistant with this, aren't you?" a small smirk was on her lips "I am not the one who will refuse jewels, so don't say I didn't warn you." she told him as they proceeded along their path.
"I don't know.. Last time I walked around, I was hit in the head." she joked, her mood quite better than earlier and her adventurous spirit at it's highest, despite the headache.

visualspice

The air seemed alot lighter as they joked and smiled and Leif nodded to her comment.
"Fair enough, the horse it is." And he guided her to the stables and brought out his horse, where he petted it gently before moving to help her get onto the saddle, before he climbing up to sit behind her.

As he leaned forward, his front pressed against her back adn the scent of her hair tickling his nose, he felt a thrill rush through him which momentarily caused him to drop the horse's reins. Apologizing, he reached past her, body brushing against her's a few times before he managed to acquire it, then righted himself back on the saddle.

"Well.." he said, sighing as he shook his head ot shake some of his long hair from his eyes. "Are we ready to get you some jewels?"

Caerina

Something in her head told her that it wasn't the most brilliant idea to choose to go with the horse. And share it with him. As soon as they were both on the horse she was starting to realize that the small voice in her was right. It was a really bad idea.

Valentina started to question her recent behaviour around him. It felt nice being around him, but it was also tense and emotional. She wasn't sure could she handle it all and whether it was better for her to stay away from him while she can. His question interrupted her introspection.

"Of course." she nodded "Let's go."

visualspice

With a nod, his muscled legs pressed into the sides of the horse and away it galloped, outside the stables, outside their lands, and out into the streets. It took barely half an hour on horse back to reach the outskirts of the small town, and already the horse was slowly down before a small, ivory painted stone building.  Out front, the sign was half fallen off it's hinges as Leif climbed off the horse and offered her a hand.
"Here, give me your hand," and he helped her down, one arm around her waist, the other secured on her hand as he picked her up and set her on the ground near to him- and for a moment, he felt the same sensations as earlier, and even he wasn't so stupid to ignore what it was.

But he was attracted to her, so what? They were to be married..
he supposed there were worse things in life.
Blinking back his thoughts, he took her hand and pulled her along with him, "Come on," And the two stepped inside the jewelers.

Caerina

Although the front of the small store looked old, the inside was beautifully decorated in coloured glass and fine wood. All kinds of jewels were presented in the glass piedestals. Valentina felt slightly in awe as she looked around the store. Earrings, necklaces, rings and many other jewllery attracted her attention as she tried not to look like a gaping idiot. She kept close o Leif.

visualspice

Armand of Essyrn was indeed, a beautiful store to be seen, and the short, barely five foot tall, tanned skin, black haired and mustached jeweler matched the charm of his stores. He greeted the pair with a respectful bow, and upon catching Leif's request,

"Armand, I'm looking for an engagement gift. Something I can give my wife to be to remember me by."

And Armand looked up at Leif and smiled.
"Then I have just the thing for you, Lord Arrant. Come.." and he gestured for the pair of them to follow him to the easterly side of his store, where he took a moment to step behind a glass top counter before pulling out a brilliant, shimmering, emerald ring.

"They say it is 'of the fashion' to give the lady an engagement ring." And then he set it upon the counter and looked over at the woman, but before any of them would have a chance to touch it, Armand went on to say, "And it is also tradition that the man presents his ring to a woman on bended knee..."

Leif's face fell at the comment and he grew uneasy. And soon he was turning flush.
"No.. just her trying it on would suffice," he said hurriedly, and avoided her gaze as his hands tapped nervously upon the counter.
"Here, just try it on. I bet green would look lovely on you."

Caerina

Valentina was very infatuated by the emerald ring before her, so much that she actually finally stopped looking around the store and concentrated on that small piece of beautifully crafted metal and jewel. It was large, but elegant and not over the top. It was just as it should be, Valentina thought unsure whether that was a good thing or a bad thing.

Valentina slowly took the ring into her hand looking at it between her fingers for a few moments before she put it on her finger. It really did fit quite nicely on her hand as she looked at it critically assessing the situation in silence for a few seconds.

After deciding it did look quite lovely, her eyes went from the green of the emerald to the green of his eyes.
"So, what do you think?" she finally asked.

visualspice

For a good long while, Leif was mesmerized. It was difficult for his tongue to react, for his eyes to peel away from hers...
That was, until Armand cleared his throat.

That's when Leif finally looked away, almost ashamedly as he peered down at her hand.
"It looks nice.." he said, clearing his throat. "An appropriate engagement gift."
And as Armand smiled and inquired, "And anything else to match?"
Leif stared around at the room at the glittering jewels.

There were things outside of just jewelry, to hanging jewels for decoration, to diamond encrusted clocks. The room was just dazzling, but even through it all, he could think of just one thing-
what the emerald meant, could mean.. and who's finger it was still worn.

His gaze lifted to Valentina once again before he shook his head, "No." And before Armand could ask, Leif added, "And charge it to my account, not my father's. I'll have the money delivered tomorrow." And as he spoke it, his gaze never left hers.

Caerina

The ring felt oddly familiar on her finger. Valentina raised her gaze from it to look at Leif, not understanding what he was doing. It was a part of their plan to get his parents to pay a lot of money, and it was a plan she agreed to although she had some issues in the beggining. But he always seemed sure of what he was doing and why, and she deeply wondered why was he doing this now, changing the course of his own scheme.

As Armand left the room shortly to switch the accounts and ready the bill, Valentina turned her questioning glance towards Leif.
"What are you doing?" her voice was worried and there was some of that same worry in her eyes as she expected the answer.

visualspice

Leif went quiet for a time, and all that could be heard was the ticking from clocks, and Armand rustling through his paper work and scribbling with his quill. It was then he drew in a breath, replying after he sighed, "Because you deserve a gift from me for this engagement, and not from my family."
And the second he was done telling her, Armand had returned with a cheery expression.
"Here's the receipt, and you two enjoy your engagement."

Leif bowed to Armand as Armand bowed to him.
"Thank you," and he turned to Valentina and offered her his arm. "Shall we?"

Caerina

Valentina took his arm and smiled a goodbye towards Armand as they left. Then she took a few seconds brooding over his words, all the while periodically looking over to the ring on her finger. It was shining wonderfully on the daylight. After a few more seconds of silence she raised her head up slightly.

"Thank you." she said "I never got something so pretty." or so expensive, she added in her head but decided not to voice it out loud.

visualspice

Leif was actually surprised at such an answer.
"Your parents never purchased you things? Nor your relatives, any gifts?"

Caerina

He doesn't know. The realization hit her as she bit her lip. There was a good reason for her father to marry her off to such a rich family, but Valentina was almost sure that Leif knew about it.
"As I said, my father was never the most generous man." she said "As for my relatives... They have little interest in me or my family." Valentina said shortly.