Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Women are Chickens, Men are Toads

Started by visualspice, August 14, 2013, 11:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Of course not. But when we are married," he reminded her coldly. "I can."

Chace then laughed at the woman's remark.
"Such a bold tongue, girly." But then at the realization of who she was, he only laughed some more and let his sword tuck back into his sheath. "But I think the fight is over. Seeing as the pair of you are together will bring your parents great confidence in your futures."

Leif moved forward with a start, blinking as he stared over at Hartand who, too, also lowered his blade. That made him growl.
"What are you talking about?"

"I'll just go back and report to your parents you're both fooling around in the woods. That ought to be enough information to speed up your dream wedding. Especially..." Chace added, giving the cocky girl a cock grin of his own. "After that kiss."

Pissed, Leif didn't wait for either men to draw their blades as he began to make chase after them, though while Leif was distracted, Alistok used this moment to come up behind Lady Corrent as he hooked his arms around hers and struggled to keep her in his hold.

"I'd hold up on your attacks, young master Arrant. Especially if you don't want rumors to fly you were abusing your fiance as well to force her into things."

Leif did halt, his eyes going deathly cold upon Alistok who was holding his betrothed captive. His eyes were colder than winter, and darker than the night, and he wasted not another minute to throw his blade onto the ground.

"Looks like this fight was far too easy to win!" Chace said with a laugh, collecting up Leif's blade from the ground.

Alistok grinned as he snatched his blade away from Valentina before tsking in her ear then letting her go.
"Such a pity. It would have been fun to see the two betrothed fight together," Alistok mused as he joined the others, resheating his blade.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

Valentina narrowed her eyes at him.
"Try a bit harder, and perhaps you'll get a chance to feel that on your own skin." she said with a cold tone. Oh, this wasn't only Leif's problem now, it was also hers. These guys were going to pay, especially the one who tried to hold her. Her arms were painful, and she was sure that bruises will appear very soon.

Now she started wondering since when were they here in the woods. What if they saw her performing magic? She was so stupid to practice it here of all places. Valentina made a mental note that nowhere is safe for magic, not even near a lake, some time away from any other people. She shot daggers with her eyes at the man who held her. Valentina wanted to remember his face very good. This was not over.

"Next time we see each other, you'll be on the ground with my sword in your throat." she said coldly at the man. How dare he say all those things. She will be ready next time, but at the moment it would be ridiculous to try and attack since she had no weapons.

visualspice

"So.. are the pair of you going to come along quietly?" Chace asked, grinning from ear to ear since he knew full well that he had won. Leif was simmering beneath his gaze, but his full fire was held in reserve, broiling within.

Releasing a careful breath, Leif turned and looped arms with young Lady Corrent.
"Let's get back to the damn ball," he growled, and stalked off towards the manor house, not waiting to see if Valentina would comply.

Alistok grinned and walked directly behind them, and Chace and Hartand brought up the rear.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

Valentina was trying to untagle herself from his grip. Her arms were surely already bruised from her last attacker and it was a bit painful. But, in the end, she did leave it be as she realized he wasn't letting her go. She glanced behind her shoulder and gave a death stare to Chace and Hartand before turning her head back straight.

"Do you always get in this kind of mess?" she asked Leif as she walked, trying not to jump on any of the thugs around them, her anger visible on her face.

visualspice

"I could ask you the same question," Leif spat back coldly. "Now I'd advise you to mind your tongue and just swallow this down as best you can. Gods know I'm trying." He made a bitter face, walking with Valentina in tow and as they neared the manor house, his parents were standing upon the balcony, a smile gracing their features at the sight. But Leif was anything but happy as he walked up the steps silently. Though at the sight of them together, and of Valetina's state, his father had to question, "What happened?"

"We had sex in the woods," Leif informed the man sourly. "So you'd better rush the wedding. She might be pregnant." Then he unhooked his arm from Valentina and gracefully bowed. "I hope you enjoy the rest of your night more than that." He told her, not bothering to look into her eyes as he turned to leave.

Caerina

To say she was mad would be an understatement. He left her to blush in front his parents and her father who looked at her with his piercing eyes. This won't end up well. And, here she hoped her small excursion to the woods would be bad enough to break the engagement. He just said few sentences and ruined her chances of ever breaking it. So, she wasn't mad, she was furious and embarassed. And wasn't he as charming as they get.

"I will retire to my guest chambers for tonight." she said, quickly. Unfortunately, not fast enough. Her father grabbed her by the arm, and she bit her lip not to scream, because too many people were pulling her around this evening. She needed to find something for the pain.

"No, you shall spend the rest of the evening here." he said roughly. Gods, what did I get myself into.

visualspice

The dancing had begun, with violins and harps strummed elegantly while women fluttered around in their best dress in paired with suited men. Leif hung around the outskirts, brooding against the wall as he took homage with a drink. Though as he was simmering over his own unhappiness, he would be lying if he siad that when he caught sight of Valentina in the corner, being reprimanded by her parents, that he didn't feel a slight pang of guilt. Nothing alcohol couldn't snuff out. But he couldn't help himself but stare as he drank. Her parrents reminded him of his own. Was that pity he actually felt?

Well, seeing as neither of them were going any where for the rest of hte night,a nd he was already sick of the whispers about their 'rendez-vous' by the lake, he sighed and tossed his drink away, approaching her and her father before bowing with grace.

"It seems the dancing has begun. Would it not be fitting for us to be joined upon the floor?" he offered, though coldly as he extended out a hand to her.

Caerina

Valentina already had quite an offensive speech ready for him, for his words and his mean behaviour towards her. Unfortunately, before she could open her mouth and say what was on her mind, her father tightened his grip on her hand, remind her what she has to do. It was frightening and threatening at the same time. Valentina slowly put her hand in his, watching him and trying to figure out why was he doing this. She almost let out a sigh of relief as the grip from her fathers hand disappeared.

"Of course." she kept her tone wary, not too warm and not to cold, as she was aware of the looks everyone in the room was giving to them.

visualspice

Leif nodded to her father, but avoided her gaze all together as he kept his arm within hers and began to lead her out onto the dance floor.
"Just put on a pretty face and the night will be over before you know it."
He wasn't sure why he even bothered to say it, and sighed, annoyedly, before he returned his attentions back to Valentina as he took both of her hands in preparation to dance. Though they were barely a few strides into the dance as people began to look at them, or more importantly, at Valentina who was still covered in grass stains and pieces of leaves. Leif could have rolled his eyes, but only drew himself closer towards her as he continued to dance with her in heated silence.

Caerina

Valentina really wanted to believe that he was the worst person on the planet, after her father, and that he was a horrible and that he hated everyone. But, she just couldn't. Even after all the stuff that happened and everything he told her, and how he embarassed her, she just couldn't mark him as a bad guy. This was probably due to her forgiving personality that believed that there is hope for everyone.

Valentina always said that what other people think about her didn't matter, but she found herself very wrong at that point. She could actually feel people around them glare and comment. She wanted to say something and make them stop. But still, she kept her head low, avoiding everyone's gazes, his especially.

visualspice

It seemed the whisperings would not stop, and if the pair of them weren't scandalous enough, they certainly were now. To think, dancing dress like that? How uncivilized of his partner. But then again, to see her in such a way, and avoiding his gaze, pulled at the rigid strings inside him as he simply stepped, once again, closer towards her in a seemingly protective manner as they continued to elegantly dance across the floor.

"I think the lords and ladies are jealous of your dress. Green suits you," he commented. "And the new fashion statement of your hair makes you look better than the rest." And surprisingly, his sarcasm was not directed at her as his eyes glared bitterly back at a pair of dancers nearest them. And his glare was enough to have them back away, dancing off intot he corner, but it didn't stop their tongues.

He knew there'd be gossip. Gossip for a good long while..
and was that pride swelling inside his chest as he held this woman close? It was hard to say. It ws that, or the burn from all the alcohol.

Caerina

The words he directed towards her made her loosen up a bit and even smile slightly. It wasn't everyday that she got to dance in a dirty dress full of grassy smudges all over. And, there was a good reason she always kept her hair to her shoulders, much to her father's dismay. The truth was, she spent more time in this state than she cared to admit. Valentina was so used to this that the twigs and leafs in her hair didn't really cause her any discomfort. But, it seemed that that was ridiculous to the ladies today, and putting live birds into your hair in the last year's fashion was not.

Instead of gossips, Valentina hoped that perhaps she would just start a new trend and that this would all be forgotten. Like that would happen. The ladies will bugger her for the rest of the season for this. But, if nothing, his words did made her feel a bit better.

"Thank you." she said, with a light chuckle. It wasn't everyday that she got compliments. Plus, she probably shouldn't get used to getting any nice words from him, unforunately for her.

visualspice

Leif frowned at her words. Did she misunderstand him? Then again... it is what he said. He shuffled uneasily, but still, the dance continued as he brooded in silence.

"You shouldn't get so attached to compliments," he muttered. "I want this engagement called off."
And it was only then his eyes finally met to hers, hardening as they dared her, but also, he wanted to see just what her response was to such a bold remark.

Caerina

"You said that we.. Uhm.. Slept together" Valentina's voice sounded calm but it had a certain edge to it "Do you really think they'll just let us walk out of this agreement after those words?" she asked, slowly glancing up to see her father following them with his gaze, next to Leif's parents.

If he had any ideas, she was all up for them. Unfortunately, his earlier words ruined any chance of this happening. Their parents and every noble in the room thought that they slept together. While that wouldn't mean much for him, Valentina's reputation is now probably ruined. She had no chance whatsoever proving her honor, now.

visualspice

Leif turned a cold cheek away from her, growing silent as they danced.

Caerina

Valentina was very worried about everything that was happening at the moment. She kept dancing but all she wanted to do is run away and cry for a long time and then sleep. Both of them very guilty for the situation, even though no one wanted to admit it.

"I understand you don't want to marry me. I am probably not the best lady in the room." she sighed with a wry smile "But, you can't behave like I'm not here, and ignore me." If there was something Valentina learned through many years of fighting with her father was that good ideas could often win over inescapable situations.

visualspice

Leif frowned at her words, but he hadn't grown silent entirely because of what she said. He had been over hearing a few conversations behind them, something about Valetina being a mage. Had someone caught her performing magic? The other scandalous things they said could be over looked, but the fact they wanted to spread rumors she was a mage, made him blinded by hate.

So he guided Valentina over towards the pair before pulling away from her in one quick motion, leaving her alone on the dance floor as he spun around, knocking a fist into the other man's face. He was down and out, and a gasping crowd backed away from him as Leif glared down at the gentleman.

"Might I remind you who is next in line in Castavar. You are no duke, and you speak of a lady who has ten times the gall and brains that you have, which isn't saying much since you're a simpering welp." And to a nearby servant who had paused to observe the punch with a gaping jaw, Leif snatched up oneof the wine goblets he was carrying before thrusting the contents onto the downed man's face.

"Spread rumors in truths, not lies that you think you saw in a fog." And he sneered at him before storming out.

Caerina

The situation was too fast for Valentina to follow. Damn, and she wasn't sure why was he so mad about it. Valentina made a mental note to try and pay more attention to what other people were saying. As Leif stormed out of the room, she was left alone, all eyes on her. The man was still cursing on the ground while a lady was sobbing over him. Gods, she thought, he did it again.

Valentina still didn't know what was the reason to this. She wanted answers, and if Leif thought he could just run off like that, leaving her in a very uncomfortable situation (again) he was wrong. She learned her lesson the last time. Valentina raised her head and left the room in big, confident steps. After closing the doors behind her she started searching for him. This time, she'll be the one to ask questions and he will answer them.

visualspice

Still itching after the incident on the dance floor, Leif took homage on the balcony. The fresh air felt good on his face,a nd hopefully he'd have enough time out here to cool off before having to face his father. Naturally, he'd be punished for such a fiasco. Then again, shouldn't he be happy his son agreed to the engagement?

Frowning, his face became listless as he looked out towards the lake, which seemed to be as dark as ink with the fog only beginning to clear and the skies parting of their clouds. He looked from the lake's reflection of the stars clean up to them, his mind brewing, as were his eyes, over what was to come.

His bride to be was a mage.
Shit.

Caerina

He seemed to like balconies. That was the place where Valentina found him. Probably the only place where he can brood and play it cool with no one bothering him. Of course, bothering him was exactly what Valentina had in mind. He probably won't like it, but she knew it was only fair since he did leave her in the middle of the dance floor.

"You brood too much, then you hit a man with no reason... Why?" Valentina asked slowly, not wanting to startle him or make him any more angry than he already was.