Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Women are Chickens, Men are Toads

Started by visualspice, August 14, 2013, 11:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Leif grew more soured when his thoughts were interrupted as he glared over in her direction.
"Wouldn't you like to know?" he said, and reached into his breast pocket to procure another fat cigar as he leaned against the balcony, looking at her, but hesitated in lighting up his cigar.

"You care too much about a man that hates you," he shot back, keeping his gaze narrowed upon hers as he fumbled to find his matches. "Why?" And his words were a mocking gesture.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

"You hit that man for no reason." she was ignoring his question "Why?"

She was a bit surprised when he said he hated her. Valentina never thought someone would say that to her, she always tried to be nice and friendly with everyone. She lowered her head a bit and crossed her arms. As much as she wanted to say it didn't hurt to hear that, it did, because Valentina didn't want to be hated. It was enough that she got that from her father. She wouldn't be moved if he told her he didn't like her, that wouldn't even surprise her, but hatred was a hard feeling. Valentina was never good at hiding her emotions but she kept her face as neutral as she could.

visualspice

Leif struck a match and lit the end of his cigar
"I had many good reasons to hit him," Leif informed her with a sneer. Taking on a long drag, he grew quiet again before asking, "Why do you care?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

"No you didn't... Besides, you can't just go around and break people's jaws." she said frowning."You could've just told him."

Violence wasn't something Valentina liked, especially needless violence. She prefered getting things done with words. Valentina glanced shortly behind her shoulder, afraid that her father or some of the guards may have followed her. The hallway was empty, for the time being.

visualspice

His cigar smoke brewed between them as he stared.
"I broke his nose, not his jaw," he corrected.

Caerina

"That is not the point." she sounded a bit irritated by him correcting her "The point is that you were mad, very mad for some reason when you hit him... Why?"

Valentina knew she was being pushy, but she wanted to know. He just wasn't the type of person who easily gets mad.

visualspice

Leif sighed angrily through his nostrils, white smoke blowing through them. She was rather persistent. He had hoped, like every other girl, that his coldness would push her away. Yet here she was, trying to push back.

"A lot of men are all talk. Speaking back to them won't fix it. But a man would think twice before saying things again if he's struck." He stared at her, daring her to challenge that logic. And part of him knew she would.

Caerina

She narrowed her eyes at him, trying to see if he was speaking the truth.

"Oh, so this is about something he said." Valentina deducted and crossed her arms "You are not someone who gets that mad, easily. So, tell me what made you that angry to actually hit him and break his nose." she asked with a satified small smile.

visualspice

"What makes you think you know anything about me," he spat back, the cigar simmering at the end as he took in another drag and spoke through smoke. "I'm not here of my free will. And if you continue to speak, I'll find another way to ruin this engagement."
Or rather, just make the situation worse. Which ever came first.

Caerina

"If there existed a way to do that, I would've already thought of it." she said to him. In the end it was almost entirely his fault they were in this situation. They'll be lucky if their parents don't marry them tomorrow. Valentina bit her lip, thinking. It was an inevetable situation. And, even if they could find a way to get this engagement of their backs, she would be seriously damaged in the eyes of the society. Perhaps moving to a far away island wasn't such a bad idea. Valentina couldn't believe she was actually contemplating about that.

visualspice

"There are many ways, yet you hold back. No one owns you, but society puppets us in the way we act." He turned away from her, a bitter expression upon his face before his nostrils sighed out more smoke. "You're as much as a slave to your fate as I." he pressed the cigar back to his lips as he mused, then frowned and held the cigar away, his eyes brooding as they stared out over the balcony at the world of the wilds, that stood in stark contrast to the world of the proper.

Caerina

"And, when you say something like that you actually don't sound like a jerk you always are." she said, her tone not sarcastic, just calm. Valentina sighed and rubbed her forehead.
"What do you propose?" she asked as she sat on the floor, her back leaning onto the doorway of the balcony.

visualspice

"There is nothing to suggest," he said after a time, his voice cold as the air as he flicked some of hi cigar ash aside.
"Like dogs, we'll wear suits and dress. Like dogs, we'll obey. Like dogs we'll get married and produce more heirs to follow in line to the same fate as we."
Then without so much as a warning, he walked away.

Caerina

"Well, I won't." she said behind his back "I'm tired of listening to what everyone else has to say and obey them blindly."
All her damn life she listened to her father, and after they get married she'll just have to listen to him. That just won't cut it. It was bad enough to get into a loveless marriage. Valentina stood up, her mind set. She will say what she thinks to her father. It probably won't end well, but she can always run off.

visualspice

Leif was thankful for the reprieve. He wanted to be alone, so he sat outside the gardens and puffed away at his cigar, brooding over what just had happened while the party was going on, another dance had started, in the world above.

Caerina

Valentina has made up her mind. She is going to tell her father that she doesn't want to marry Leif, and that from now on she'll make her own decisions. Valentina entered the room, feeling a bit awkward since people were obviously staring at her. Father was standing near the table with drinks and refreshments. Boldly, she took a few steps towards him.
"Father, may I have a word with you?" she asked politely "Alone."
Her father just nodded and walked to the main balcony, closing the door behind them.
"What is it?" he asked, uninterested.
"I don't want to marry him." before she could react, a slap over her cheek burned her skin. No crying, she ordered to herself, and bit her lip.
"This discussion is over." he said calmly with an angry edge in his tone. Was there even a chance to win an argument against this man? Valentina kept her head high, as her father left her there alone.

visualspice

He didn't need to be up on the balcony to know what was going on, and he flinched at the sound of the slap. He w..aited a moment before moving to approach Lord Corrent when the man was alone, cigar resting at his sides.

"My father would not be against an early union," he said in cold nonchalance. "With how long feet have been dragging, he would oblige a wedding as soon as the season's end."

He knew his fate well enough that he wouldn't marry for love, but he supposed if he married Valentina, at least she'd befree of her father.

Caerina

Valentina's father was surprised when he saw Leif approach him, and propose a wedding as soon as possible. Of course he agreed for the wedding to be held as soon as possible. It was going to bring him status and he would finally get rid off his rebellious daughter.
"I couldn't agree more." he said with a sly smile.

Meanwhile, Valentina didn't feel like returning to the ballroom, not with her cheek still burning and on the brink of tears.

visualspice

"Than it is agreed? At the end of the month, we'll wed." And with a nod, he excused himself from Lord Corrent's side, not certain what he was doing or where he was going as he stalked back into the manor, alone.

Caerina

Valentina was still standing on the balcony and trying to wrap her head around the situation. Her cheek still pulsed and was hot when she touched it. Her father didn't usually hit her, but tonight it seemed like he was in a foul mood.

"Damn it." she cursed under her breath. There has got to be a way to get out of this... Was there?