Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Relaxing finally(zozee9)

Started by Hadrian, August 17, 2013, 07:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

Little bird? thought Lali. That's an interesting nickname. But she simply nodded. It was definitely too strong. So instead she asked the bartender for some wine. She was surprised that he didn't even ask how old she was. It was probably due to her curves, but Lali didn't think about that. Instead she took a sip of her quickly delivered wine and said nothing. Hadrian could do the talking, as far as she was concerned.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Hadrian

Business definitely could be fun. Especially if your job was to look for an escaped convict(sarcastic). Hadrian took another drink and shrugged his shoulders. "Got a job. Got to look after my brother and friend too. Thank god they're asleep.", Hadrian said. After taking another drink he scrunched his nose. "What is this?!?" Hadrian looked at the drink in his hand. He then realized he was holding Lali's wine.

"Sorry about that...", Hadrian said setting down the drink.

Caerina

Khanna nodded and took another sip from her drink. It wasn't pretty, but not many cheap drinks were. After all, it was an acquired taste, to drink from these places and not throw up after. Good thing she has gotten used to it by now.

"Not safe to travel with friends or cousins." actually, she thought nothing good ever came from travelling with someone. He'll either betray you, steal from you or simply kill you. And if that doesn't happen, chances are someone's going to kill them, and then you'll blame youself. Yes, Khanna knew a lot about travelling companions.

zozee9

Lali simply looked at her glass and then back to Hadrian and said, "Don't worry about it. It's not this, out of all things, is going to disgust me." She had done way more with people she hadn't even said a word to. So indirect kissing? No problem.

She listened as Khanna spoke and couldn't help but disagree with her. After a moment of debating whether or not she should voice her opinion, Lali said, "Why do you say that? Isn't it better to be where you can protect them than to be somewhere else, with no way of guaranteeing their safety?" Despite these words, she had done the contradictory thing to Hadrian.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Caerina

Khanna smirked slightly at her words.That was what most people tought. Naive.
"Roads are dangerous." she said "And valuable things should be left on safe places, because sometimes we aren't strong enough to protext them."
Khanna knew that from experience and she tried to keep a neutral face as she took another sip of her drink.

Hadrian

Even though Hadrian didn't want to admit it. There was merit to Khanna's words. But he could not abandon his brother and friends. He thought about the word "safety". There really was no thing as safety. "No where is safe in these times. I'd rather take my chances being with them.", Hadrian said," But I understand what you mean about that though..." Hadrian thought about his situation. His travelling companions and he doubted himself. What should he do? Though he wouldn't go back on his decision to run away from home.

"Anyway, what's your story?", He had said to Khanna

zozee9

Lali paused. She disagreed with Khanna. She had to. If she didn't, that would mean that there was no point in her searching for whoever had left her behind. And that would mean there was no purpose to her life. But Hadrian moved the conversation on, and she wasn't going to let herself get riled up enough to continue talking about it. So instead, Lali just watched the girl, wondering what she was going to say next.

Caerina

"Don't really have an interesting story." she said as she took a sip of her drink "Left home, started adventuring around in hope to get some money that will help me survive another day." Khanna told them lies, of course. What else would she tell them? That she was an escaped slave who is killing and robbing in order to get loads of gold? It just didn't seem like somethng she would go around and spread.

"What about your story? And the story of your companion?" she eagerly asked, ready to switch the subject from her.

Hadrian

He felt like he couldn't tell the truth when she asked. His "story" had never really been a good one. He escaped from his old life only to have a crazy new one. Of course it was easier, now that his brother got older and more mature. Still, he missed home sometimes, he missed his mother. He decided to play it safe and tell a lie,"same over here, Left home, etc.", he explained. He then turned toward Lali waiting for her, most likely, short and quiet answer.

zozee9

Lali was having an inner debate. How much should she say? To Hadrian, since he was no longer a stranger, she could tell the whole story. He already knew the important part of it. But to Khanna, who she barely knew, she normally wouldn't say more than that she was searching for someone. Even still, Hadrian seemed to trust Khanna. But he also seemed the type to trust anyone who wasn't actively trying to hurt him. Finally, she decided that she didn't have to elaborate. Neither of them did, and she didn't want to draw attention on herself.

"I'm... searching for someone," she replied quietly. Technically, she was searching for anyone who knew her from before. More particularly, she was searching for her mom and whoever erased her memories. But that didn't all need to be said.

Caerina

Khanna just nodded on both their stories. She was a bit curious to know the full truth out of them, but since she didn't give them anything but a story filled with lies, she didn't want to push it. Besides, if she asks more questions, surely they would ask some questions of their own and Khanna still couldn't determine were they to trust.

"So you two are.. A pair?" she asked a bit confused as she saw how the girl always looks to him when she isn't sure what to do.

zozee9

"A pair? No, not us. We're just friends," replied Lali, confidently. That question had been asked a lot by various people. And so far, the answer has always been no. She decided that while she might make out or do more with someone, that didn't make them a couple. She would only agree to dating someone if she loved them. Otherwise they were friends, or even still strangers.

Of course, the most Lali had ever done with Hadrian was hug him. So that hardly would have counted them as a pair by anybody's standards.

Hadrian

Hadrian nodded at Lalis remark. He really wasn't concerned about real love. Yeah, he was a flirt, but he never really thought much of it. Also, his way of life isn't really cut out for courtship. Hadrian was not one to settle down, either.  Finally he took a drink of his awful cheap liquor, not even acknowledging its taste. He then had an epiphany, he quickly pulled the contract he was working on out and looked at it closely. The picture looked just like Khanna. In his surprise he slammed it on the table.
"This isn't you isn't it?", He asked

Caerina

With a nod towards Lali, she understood what she meant. Although they still seemed somewhat couple-ish. Then, her attention switched to Hadrian and the picture he slammed to the table. It was her, undeniably. After all, she did have a certain reputation at Cerenis, and she shouldn't be surprised by this. Also, she had very recognizable and unique face features.
"If I said that it's not me," she took a small pause to take a sip of her drink "Would you believe me?" a small smirk playing on her lips.

Hadrian

Hadrian rolled his eyes at her snarky remark. He knew Khanna was his target, but he could also turn a bigger profit if done right. He looked back at Lali trying to see what she would think. Even if what he was going to do was atrocious, it could be very efficient. "How much is your secrecy worth?", Hadrian asked devilishly.

zozee9

Lali looked down at the picture Hadrian had pulled out. Yes, that was definitely her. But why did she have a bounty? There could be many reasons... After all, it seemed like she had a bounty herself.

She hadn't realized how money focused Hadrian was, though. He didn't seem to care about any kind of repayment last time, so she had assumed he didn't care much about that kind of stuff. She doubted his tactics would work, though. If she girl had a bounty because she was bad, chances were, she wouldn't have troubles escaping Hadrian. If she had a bounty for other reasons, well, it was just mean for him to do that. And Lali would stop him.

Getting straight to the point, Lali asked, "Why is your face there?"

Caerina

So many questions at once. Khanna wasn't sure why she had a bounty on her head on the first place. Perhaps it was one of those few thefts, or perhaps that once when she killed that man. Or maybe, it was because she always seems to be in the wrong place in the wrong time. Must be the last one though. She had more skill than luck in the last few years.

"Too much for your pocket." she answered with a shrug, then turned towards Lali "Because I'm pretty and people like drawing my face." Khanna gave her one of her charming smiles.

She was again acting cocky, although she was now much more careful with the words that left her mouth. She needed to be, in order to survive because something told her that she and Hadrian had one big thing in common. Money was their motivation.

zozee9

Lali laughed at Khanna's reaction. "Then it seems we have something in similar," she responded. "Ah, but only that people like drawing my face. Not the rest." However, Lali was still hesitant to trust Khanna. She was obviously avoiding the question... in a humorous way, but avoiding it nonetheless.

Leaning forwards slightly, Lali again asked, "No, but seriously, why are you on the bounty poster?" Her voice was a little more harsh this time. Over time, she learned that being nice and gentle wasn't always the best way to get answers.

Hadrian

Hadrian saw the tone of voice that Lali had switched to and ceased talking. He had not noticed a serious tone from her. Khanna did seem to be avoiding the question. Hadrian didn't want to kill or capture Khanna. He just decided that he might as well try to make a profit.

"Tell us why you're here.", Hadrian said pointing at the note.