Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

a God escapes [open]

Started by Tak, August 30, 2013, 05:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tak

:oDefteroi was in a giant cave system, using some golems and patience to try to find his way out. Eventually he stumbled upon a mine, with several dozen near-naked miners picking away at some shiny things in the stone. "Hello, I am Defteroi. May I find a way out? It has been a long while since I felt the surface-sun".

About half of the miners ran in fear while the other half dropped to their knees in happiness and suprisement. An old man heard these non-work sounds and quickly stumbled down. "Who da bloody hevans arr ya?", a miner stood up and said "That be Defteroi, keeper of the second life and Golem God! He could make mining Golems!". the Miner regretted saying that as this is how they feed their families.

"Oh, yeah, no! Dat jarst being lergunds! It bee faek!". The old man walked up to Defteroi, smirked,  and went away. the miners did not know what to do, but they pointed him direction anyway and went their way mining.

When Defteroi was finally outside, he heard something...

zozee9

Mera had been walking around in the sun all day (as well as the day before that), and she was starting to get tired. While she used her tail as a sort of fan earlier, it got tired and now just hung limply like it normally did. She carried a light load in a bag, for she wasn't planning on traveling for more than a few hours. Planning. But then she got lost.

Somehow she managed to end up in the middle of the woods while she was day dreaming. On one hand, this was not too strange. She was a werewolf, she was drawn to the woods. But with her enhanced senses, normally she would've noticed her surroundings changing or at least be able to find her way back. But not this time.

Finally hearing other people, Mera sped up a little and headed towards the noise. Their voices were muffled, as if it was blocked by a building or wall or cave or something. She then saw a clearing and, within it, a cave. It seemed like her suspicions were right. Maybe one of them would be able to direct her somewhere. While she may not love caves, it was better than traveling aimlessly. Even her dislikes were saved, however, when she noticed that there was a figure outside.

"Hello?" Mera called out cautiously. There was no telling what the man—based on the smell—might do. Miners were strange in the first place, and people tended to act weird with her unique look. After all, she did have ears and a tail. Even her face looked wolfish. How she ended up this way even as a human was something she'd never found out.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Tak

Defteroi (let us call him Defter) saw a werewolf and stepped foot-lengh towards her. "Greetings. I am Defteroi of the Second Life and the Second Soul. What year is it?"

Maybe it was weird to introduce yourself like that, but he has been trapped almost as long as the mortal plane existed. Defter made a small smile (like Sheldon Coopers smile) and made a Stone Golem from the Cave (He did not know what people where like now-a-days. "What has happened since the beginning?", he was expecting a good answer, but you cannot blame him.

GOLEM= http://freakyfir.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/stone-golem.html?m=1

zozee9

Mera looked at the man, closed her eyes for three seconds, then looked at the man again. She was starting to doubt he was actually a man. Well, a human. While she may have seen many strange things in her time, a person made out of what appeared to be gold was not one of them. In fact, the man surprised her more than the golem he created. Golems were something she was more used to. She read about them in books. But golden men were a bit more... unique.

"Umm..." Mera said, not quite sure how to take in him, his golem, and his strange questions. "What?" She, for once in her life, was speechless.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Tak

Defter looked a bit confused. "Greetings. I am Defteroi of the Second Life and the Second Soul. What year is it?". He said what he said earlier in the EXACT same voice. "What has happened since I was trapped 245 ((you will find that number alot in my threads)) years after the creation of this mortal plane?" .

OOC= for me anyway, italics means thought. IC=

Defter waited for a response. Was it the golem that scared her? has she never seen a Golem? does she not know the Gods? have I been forgotten? do they see me as a failed Life-giver? Was has the world come to?... Why does she smell of werewolf? oh, she might be one, nevermind.

zozee9

Mera smelled the air, not quite sure what else to do. He didn't smell strange... but she doubted that counted for much when he looked and talked as he did. Well, there was no harm in answering his question.

"Hi Defteroi," Mera responded, her voice a little more confident. "I'm Mera." She paused while thinking about his second question. It seemed to her like he was implying he was immortal... and gone or lost or something for quite some time. That made more sense. Lots of things were immortal: vampires, spirits, even some fae. Why he didn't know what had happened was the more curious part of the story.

"I'm I don't know when that was. Or, honestly, when it is now. I don't pay much attention to things like that." She was pretty sure it was a long time ago, though. "I mean, I suppose we have wagons and buttons and dragon riders and separate countries and a lot of things, but I don't know when any of it happened..." Her voice faded out, realizing she wasn't being too helpful.

Tak

"Why you no bow my presence? I Defteroi, keeper of the second Soul and God of Golems! Am I forgotten? Bring sacrifices for Golems, Me hungry!"

((He is perfectly fine with never eating, but he likes the taste of food, amagine Zeus being sacrificed for.))

zozee9

God? Mera wondered. Normally she would have completely dismissed this idea, but she had met some sort of demon prince less than three months beforehand. Even still, it seemed like a crazy claim. Then again, he was golden... and it didn't look like paint.

Partially to amuse him and partially as a precaution to make sure she didn't get in trouble with the gods or something, Mera lightheartedly curtsied for him. She had no idea who he was, but she wasn't keen on the idea of saying that. He already seemed angry enough and even if she didn't know who he was, that didn't mean she was forgotten. She just didn't pay attention to many of the lesser gods.

"I'm afraid I have no food," replied Mera. She had barely brought a snack for her journey (which she ate long ago). Since then, she had been hunting as a werewolf and, when she found anything, gathering fruits and vegetables. But she ate everything on the spot.

Tak

Defteroi looked at her. After six seconds, Defteroi asked "Where be food?".
"Where be Civilization?"
"Where be Temple?"

He found nothing wrong with this. He didn't really understand humans, just that they give him stuff and he gives them Golems.
"If give food, me give Golem"

zozee9

Mera paused to think about his questions. She was lost, she she couldn't quite say where there would be civilization, but it wasn't as if she was traveling through an unpopulated area. She was pretty sure there were a few villages nearby—she just had yet to find them.

And there would be temples in any big village, as well as some of the small ones. But there was no guarantee that there would be a temple of him. If he was as obscure of a god as she believed, then only the few that are more religious would know who he was.

"Civilization flourishes almost everywhere, but I am currently lost. And once you find civilization, or at least a bigger town, then you should be able to find a temple," Mera explained. "And... well, what do you eat?" She wasn't quite sure what she'd need a golem for, but it didn't hurt to feed somebody that was hungry, anyway.

Tak

"I eat what men eat. I eat food. If you werewolf you smell food".
"Do not anger me. I will send Golem Scouts about"

four of http://impulse-9.deviantart.com/art/Tree-Golem-1-45657589 popped up and walked in random directions.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz had been enjoying a peaceful walk examining the world he one day planned to conquer. He wanted to know every risk, every life form that lived here. Every weakness, every strength, what was pure, what was tainted.

So as he wandered around the Kilanthro mountains, he assumed the spike in magic that he sensed nearby was a demon. But then the purity hit him, making his skin crawl. He would not commit violence though. Fighting would wait until his invasion.

He wandered towards it, examining odd items as he went. Branches. Rocks. Things of no importance. A magic ring.

He crushed the ring, absorbing the power it contain, before he carried on. When he finally arrived, he saw Defteroi with four Golems, and Mera. That werewolf girl.

"Mera and Defteroi, I must say this is... Predictable." Kirnardaz sent a powerful burst of disturbing images to Mera. And to Defteroi, nothing.

"How have you been since I last saw you Mera?" He approached, his black robes and charisma clear, his voice obviously directed at the two. No weapons or armour though.

Tak

Defteroi looked confused.

((Zozee, your go))

zozee9

Mera's ears twitched and her fur stood on its ends before she even saw Kirnardaz approach. Her body could sense him, now that it knew how evil he could be. In truth, she still had nightmares some nights about the day she had met him. But maybe now that he knew he couldn't invade her soul, he'd leave her alone.

That idea was quickly dissolved. As the ideas flooded into her head, Mera started humming. It was a peaceful song, one of happiness and rejoice. By focusing on the song and listening to her notes, she could ignore the majority of the images. Or at least accept them and pass them on, like those who spend their days praying.

Her humming stopped with the images and she looked straight into Kirnardaz's eyes—to show him she wasn't afraid. Or not willing to submit, at least. "Not long enough," she explained, with a sigh. Glancing towards Defteroi, but careful enough to keep the demon in her peripheral vision, Mera said, "I'll get you food if you protect me from this... man. Deal?"

Brisinger987

"We don't want to do that now, do we Mera?" Kirnardaz let loose his full range of images, from the sick, and twisted, to downright grotesque, mixed with a horrible droning noise, with screams of agony and fear mixed in. It was like a horror movie in her head, with all the plain bits cut out. Surgeon demons operating and mutilating people, grotesque demons, whose stomachs were see through, revealing the mass of rotted organs, children on huge pyres, burning in the masses. Men and women experimentally sewn into one being with two heads. Violence, murder, torture.

Every horror imaginable.

"No, we don't. Defteroi, you may leave." His voice was smug, but as he addressed Defteroi, it became cold and unfeeling.

"I have no quarrel with you, yet."

Tak

((To make sure the Space-Time Continuum doesn't explode, don't tell Defteroi you are a Demon God, and we need to end on good terms, as in the end of 'All that Glistens isn't Gold'))

"I have been trapped beneath the earth for almost as long as the earth existed. Doing nothing but finding a way out. Now I am free, just got out, and you tell me to go away to chatter with this mere Lycanthrope? I am a God! How dare you!"

Defteroi was whispering "What has happened since I was banished? Where is food? Where is Worship? Where is Civilization?" over and over again quietly really fast.

zozee9

The second wave of images hit a lot harder than the first. They were more grotesque and lasted longer. As a doctor, the things she saw were unforgivable. It she had any belief that the surgeons were still alive, she would go down and hunt them. She'd save the subjects, too, but there was no way they could live through those experiments.

The pain of seeing these images was visible through Mera's clenched fists, which had drops of blood running along her fingers. With the same jolly tune as before, she started singing.

Over the hill
Day to night
Running towards the things that matter
No more to kill
So ends the fight
I see the lil's
They are the light

She sang that part of song loudly, but still perfectly in tune, and let the notes resonate in her ears. This wasn't just a song she picked up somewhere random, it was one that her mom used to sing to her at night. It was about the fight of getting werewolves accepting, and how the men felt when they were returning.

Focused on repeating the stanza and keeping her own sanity, Mera didn't say anything to Defteroi. She had already answered his questions, and was slowly diagnosing him as insane. If gods could be insane. Actually, they probably all were. Living forever would not be a pleasant thing.

Brisinger987

"Food, Defteroi, is somewhere, nearest village is about two hours that way." Kirnardaz pointed east, which was a lie. There were no villages to the east. Not that he knew of. 6 to seven hours of walking east maybe. Nothing immediate. Just desolate canyons and gorges, and Fell. That forsaken city.

"What's the matter Mera? Is everything ok? I'll show you my home instead..." The grin on Kirnardaz's face indicated that it would be worse. "That was to my realm as hummingbirds are to vultures." The images which came in next were a live stream from his home realm. Surgeons torturing souls who had done nothing. Men and women force fed gruesome meals, no choice but to become cannibals.

As the images projected, his eyes began to glow with demonic light. He was feeding off the encroaching insanity. Her suffering. She had powerful emotions and a good soul. That made her more filling as a corruption.

"And worship Defteroi. Well... I believe that you are going to have to look. Actually search the old fashioned way. Must be difficult for a god like you to have to do work."

Tak

Defteroi thought for a second. Without saying a thing, the stone Golem he made earlier went to Kirnadaz, as a gift. He simply walked off east. It didn't exactly matter how long it took, he didn't even know what a hour was. He just, walked off.

Brisinger987

"Now that he's gone Mera. Let me show you my full power..." Kirnardaz walked over to her, and grabbed one of her hands. It would look romantic. Until you saw his eyes. Those eyes. They were black. Pitch black. Voids of light, sucking in power and emotion.

"I am your god now Mera. Defteroi is a mentally challenged fool of a god. I am this worlds rightful master. It is mine, so you obey me. I can make it stop. The images. I can make them leave... Or do you like them?!" He had moved close to her ear, his voice distorted and warping, growling at her. He believed he was her master.

He remembered the golem, turned, and smiled at it.

"Hug?" As the golem complied, dark tendrils shot out, consuming the entire being, and it's immortal soul. Rather, almost, immortal soul