Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Northwatch Nightwatch [Goblin]

Started by Juno, October 07, 2013, 08:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

As soon as he straightened up again and began to explain that he was only joking Kai's cheeks blushed bright pink as she averted her eyes in embarrassment for taking him so seriously. She wasn't used to people joking about injury anyway. "Oh, I see," she whispered with a nervous chuckle, glancing up at him as he removed himself from her.

Stopping as he moved to be partially in her way, Kai looked between his face and outstretched hand several times before nodding her head. "Of course, I'd be happy to," she told him eagerly, not really realizing that she owed him nothing for her softheartedness. "How can I be of help?"

GoblinFae

Beaming with delight, Oliver shyly reached forward and took Kailinna's hand in his own, holding it loosely. "Perhaps should you find yourself with a free moment tonight you would be willing to let two tired and cold night-guards in for a slight bit of refreshment and the lady's fair company?"

"Only if you're not busy," Donovan interjected, stepping forward to stand beside his brother. "We would hate to cause you any trouble. Oliver here has a way of causing trouble where he ought not."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Kai let him take her hand, though it was unexpected and caused her to blush even more for having such close contact with him again. Listening to them, though, she was eager to help and happy to realize she could provide exactly what it was they wanted. Besides, I'm definitely allowed guests in my own home. It isn't like she can keep me from having anyone over just because she's having her party, especially when it's some of the guards, she told herself mentally.

"Oh, of course! I swear it wouldn't be any trouble. I'm certainly allowed guests," she assured them with a bright, innocent smile. "No, no inconvenience at all. I'd be happy to have you over. Perhaps in an hour or two? I'll need to help with getting everything going, but perhaps once that's done... Do you dance?" she blurted out excitedly, blushing again once she realized she was essentially inviting them to her sister's ball. "Either of you? Or both? We could do that, too. If you wanted to. But we don't have to at all."

GoblinFae

Donovan's eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets to hear that his brother's offer had been accepted. Privately to himself though he questioned what Kailinna meant by being permitted to have guests. 'She must be quite important to the High Lady to be allowed such a luxury. Oli better know what he's doing.'

"Whatever time you are willing to spare us would be enough sweet lady even if it was but a moment," Oliver stated, bowing over and kissing the back of the hand clasped within his own. "We are most grateful, are we not Donovan?"

"Grateful indeed," the other muttered distractedly, also moving forward to quickly and awkwardly bow. "Would you be requiring any help Miss? We would not be opposed to assisting you should you require aid. You needn't worry about it troubling us. We offer ourselves freely, don't we Oliver?" Donovan gave Oliver a pointedly look as he finished his statement.

"Of course, of course! We would love to help you if you would like, especially in the dancing arena," Oliver added saucily with a wink and a flourish. Donovan winced and rubbed at his brow in embarrassment. Internally he quaked at the idea of dancing and treading on toes and dainty slippers with his cumbersome boots.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

"Oh, that's... it's," she flustered and struggled to find her words over their bowing and the kiss placed upon her hand. "It's quite alright!" she finally insisted with a nervous chuckle. "Despite what you might think, I actually have quite a bit of free time.

"I don't think I will be needing any assistance, though I appreciate the offer. I mostly just need to make sure everything starts smoothly, that nothing was forgotten, and then I'll be free! Dancing really would be lovely," she admired. "But it's certainly not required at all," she added, noticing the way Donovan winced and feeling guilty already that her guests might not enjoy the party. "There are certainly many other things we could do while you're there."

GoblinFae

"Oh we would be honored to dance!" Oliver exclaimed, nudging Donovan in the ribs to get him to quit his skulking. "We would not consider it a problem at all especially as the lady finds it so lovely. Although I doubt a woman with your kind heart could never be short on partners. Why you must have them lining up out the door."

Donovan straightened at the nudge while glaring at his twin from the corner of his eye. He was feeling more and more anxious as time passed especially with the milling soldiers now becoming more and more interested in the trio and his brother's exuberant antics.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Oh, wonderful!" She smiled a bit too eagerly, her excitement getting the best of her over the possibility of having dancing partners that might actually enjoy it rather than seeing it as a chore or a necessity of getting close to her or her sister. "And you might not be surprised to hear that most prefer to line up for a chance of spending time with the High Lady," she explained as she gently withdrew her hand. "Though I'm not as cold to men as she is," she teased, giggling at the thought of the familiar look of boredom that would surely grace her elder sister's features tonight while she herself planned to be out having her fun.

Oblivious now to the guards nearby, Kailinna raised her hand in a shy wave as she took a few steps away from them and closer to the manor's doors. "So hopefully I'll be seeing you later," she told them hopefully. "I'll be sure to save some wine for you, but I really must be going."

GoblinFae

Oliver bowed and smiled. "Of course you shall see us. We would not miss this opportunity for the world. Until our next meeting dear woman. And you do that," he added referring to the wine as he began to turn and walk away.

His brother smirked and grabbed his elbow as he passed. "Did you manage to ask where we will meet her, Sir Brilliance?"

Eyes widened in shock before sliding to look at Donovan. "I'll go fix that. Just-jus one second," he stammered, forefinger raised to his brother before he jogged back towards where he had left.

"Uh Miss? Miss, pardon me?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Satisfied with their parting, Kailinna turned toward the main gate and the guards milling around it. She paid no mind to their smirks and mutterings as she was eager to get inside, get changed, and help her sister so that she might be free for most of the evening, but a familiar voice stopped her before she'd made it through. Turning to see Oliver there -or was it Donovan?- beckoning her, Kai's face fell as she wondered if he might turn down her invitation after all, and so publicly at that.

"Uhm, yes?" she prompted nervously, well aware of the snickering guards at her back now. "Is...something wrong?"

GoblinFae

"Forgive me, I um made a rather small," Oliver demonstrated with the width of space between his thumb and forefinger, "error." He nervously hopped from foot to foot, eyes darting to the interested guards before settling once more on Kailinna.

"Um where would you like to meet, tonight for um what we were discussing?" Mentally he was kicking himself for how stupid he sounded.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Oh!" she exclaimed, feeling bad that she hadn't thought to mention such an important detail or even think of it at all. "Well, perhaps just in the main ballroom would be best," she thought aloud. "I'll stay close to the northmost fireplace, so just go there so it'll be easier to find each other," she told him, nodding as she thought it was a fine enough idea.

"Is that alright with you? I'll be wearing red...or was it blue? Well, one of the two," she giggled, unable to recall which dress she was supposed to be wearing for the night.

GoblinFae

The man scrunched his eyebrows and nodded. "Main ballroom, northmost fireplace. I got it. I won't forget. Look for the divine woman in red or blue," he chuckled with a smile. "Or even green should the mood strike you. We will be there my dear never you fear. Until we meet again." Oliver bowed before waiting to see her on her way.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Until then," she echoed, happy as she was sure they would be coming if they wanted to know such details. The young noblewoman finally turned and scurried off through the gates to return home. The halls were no less bustling then they were when she last left them, but she paid no mind to the hoards of people milling about as she made her way up to the private wing she and her sister shared.

Without hesitation she took to the task of fussing over herself and freshening up after being outside. Noticing that the dark blue dress had been placed upon her bed, Kailinna made quick work of changing out of her dirty boots and exchanging her attire for the much nicer, more formal outfit and slippers. As she fixed up her hair she heard the familiar warning knock of her sister at the door, the High Lady apparently unaware that she had even been out. "Kai? The ladies tell me you're still in your room," she prompted as she entered, a bit puzzled as to why her younger sister was sitting at her mirror still getting ready. "Are you feeling alright? I thought you would have finished arranging the decorations by now."

"Well, they're started," she chuckled excitedly as she finished braiding her matching blue ribbons into her hair. "They'll be finished in no time at all, don't you worry."

"I'm sure, but I just need everything to be perfect," she sighed. "I'm sure you understand."

"Always. Don't worry at all, I'll go right now and make sure it'll be done and ready in time," she assured her as she rose to give her a short hug. "You just relax, you've done enough today!" she giggled, hoping to get her guard down for the evening. The High Lady had no time to respond, though, as her younger sister was off in a flash.

Kai dutifully managed the finishing touches to the main ballroom and the surrounding halls. An hour had hardly passed before all was finished and guests began to trickle inside. Soon enough the drinks began to flow and, after having a word with her finally satisfied sister, Kai took it upon herself to relax and have a bit of drink herself as she hovered halfway between Eyla's post and the fireplace she'd promised to meet her personal guests at.

GoblinFae

Oliver practically skipped away as he approached his twin and then had them hurrying back off into the night. He whistled and pranced with his head held high as he imagined what it would be like to woo the ladies within the province leader's own home. It was an incredible high for him. Neither of the Cabello twins could ever have dreamed of such a thing coming true and here after a bit of banter they both had invitations to not only enter the mansion but to partake in the festivities. It was a dream come true.

It was only the solid cuff to his ear that brought him out of his daze and to a screeching halt. "What was that for?"

Donovan glared at his brother, his arms crossed tightly over his broad chest. "You're an idiot! How are we going to manage this? We can't dress the part. We can't speak the part. We will be surrounded by the other guards and are liable to get ourselves kicked out or worse put in the stocks. Is that what you want?"

"Oh don't be such a pansy, Donny-boy. No one will know of our little harmless fun. She's a servant girl. She'll be busy bringing things too and from the High Lady, sneak us in for a bit of fun and then sneak us back out once she is needed once more. We won't be there longer than to have a sip of wine and a look at how the other half lives. What are you afraid of?"

"Don't you think you're taking things too far? Think of our mother and father, Oli. Do you want to put them in early graves? You know mother's heart wouldn't take it."

"She's been complaining about her heart for as long as we can remember. At this rate, I'm convinced she will outlive us all."

"Oliver don't say things like that," the twin growled, slugging his brother in the shoulder. Oliver simply shrugged while declaring it had to be true.

"Besides," Oliver continued, "I think you're just scared of having to talk to women. If you don't want to go then fine. But I am!"

"Suit yourself," Donovan muttered, knowing full well he would be right there with his twin
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Kai, like the good sister she was, kept a close eye upon her elder sister as the evening progressed. She was on high alert for any trouble or stress as she really couldn't have that for her. It was intended to be an enjoyable event, after all. Whenever a nobleman became too long-winded or a suitor too forward it was the younger Riordan sister that would take over, gracefully stepping in to distract and lead the problem people away to give the High Lady a break. Still, though, she kept an eye on the main doors of the ballroom for the pair of blonds she was expecting.

As the night went on and the hour or two finally turned to three she finally told herself that they weren't coming and tried to focus her attentions on more productive things. She talked, she danced, she ate, and she drank -though definitely more than she should have-. The party was still going strong, but Kailinna was losing steam. It wasn't all bad and tiresome, though. At least the worst of the men seemed to be off the hunt for her sister.

Looking slightly disheveled from her copious amounts of twirling about the room and red-cheeked from all the conversation, Kai retreated back into the small corner between the back wall and the fireplace. It was the perfect perch to still observe her sister without feeling too overbearing and gave herself a chance to rest from all of the "work" she'd done.

GoblinFae

It took another two hours to convince Donovan that they should go together or else Oliver would be going on his own. Not to leave his brother up to his old tricks alone, Donovan finally caved into his twin's requests and had them both dressed up as best as they could be given the short notice and low funds they had.

They had each donned their finest clothes while adding the decorations of their "guard," to their sleeves. When they felt they were ready they rushed back to the High Lady's home, one excited and the other dreading rubbing elbows with the finest Northwatch had to offer.

Getting into the party was not as difficult as Donovan feared. The pair waited until a group of boisterous youths began to enter before infiltrating their group and sneaking inside undetected. With every second that passed though he was sure they would be thrown out on their ears, whether they had a verbal invitation or not. He tried his best to keep on the fringes of any passing groups while Oliver tried to immerse himself in the groups instead.

Eventually they caught sight of the beauty clothed in dark blue and neither could believe their eyes. She was so much more than beautiful, she was indescribable. It did not matter how her face flushed or how wisps of her hair had escaped her hairdo. Kailinna certainly was well-favored by the High Lady to be clothed so finely so as to nearly outshine the other woman. It was sight to see indeed.

As if in a trance Oliver approached her with the goofiest grin lighting up his face. "My lady," he hailed, bowing to her once he got close. "I hope I did not keep you waiting long."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Distracted with trying to eavesdrop on the High Lady, Kai didn't even notice Oliver's approach until he was nearly upon her. Slightly startled, she let a quick hand brush back what loosed hair framed her face as she straightened up her posture to keep herself from being seen slouching as she had been. "Oh! ...Hello!" she exclaimed, a bit embarrassed as she couldn't tell whether he was Oliver or Donovan. A quick glance around didn't afford her a glimpse of the other brother.

"No, no, not at all! I was just finally getting a moment to rest, but... Welcome!" she said excitedly, pausing to dip into a polite curtsy. "You look well," she complimented him with a giggle as her eyes swept up and down while she stepped away from the wall and closer to him. "Did one of you have to stand guard, though?" she wondered after the missing twin, her smile falling a bit with guilt for not thinking to ask the captain to excuse them from duty for the ball.

GoblinFae

"Nay, my lady! Never you fear. My brother-in-arms in sulking by the wall over yonder," Oliver pointed out, waving towards where his twin was trying to melt into the wall and behind a potted plant. "You'll have to forgive him my dear. He is a very anti-social fellow I'm afraid. Between you and me," he said leaning closer to whisper to her. "I believe it may have something to do with an incident between himself, a girl and a rather unfortunate fox in his youth."

Oliver leaned back once more, a smile on his face. "But, I believe I have kept you waiting quite long enough. Do you have a moment to spare or has her Ladyship kept you quite busy?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

When Oliver pointed him out Kai smiled and raised a hand to wave at him and, after thinking about it for a moment, switched her movement to try to wave him over to them as she giggled for what had been said about him. "He does seem very shy, it's a bit of a shame," she admitted. "Of course, of course! I've kept busy for the most part, but I definitely have time for my guests," she assured him with a smile.

Recalling again how withdrawn Donovan had been earlier, though, Kai looked Oliver up and down once more before guessing, "It's...Oliver, right? Are you thirsty? Hungry? Any trouble out there tonight?" Stepping away to lead him across the room where the table of refreshments stood, and closer to Donovan, Kai was eager to be a good host for them.

GoblinFae

Oliver chuckled and shook his head, letting his blonde locks dance across his forehead and brush past his ears. "We are both shy in our own ways," he commented softly, watching how his brother sent him dagger-eyes while reluctantly peeling himself from the wall he was trying to become part of.

The approaching twin arrived just in time to hear the tail-end of Kailinna's questions and promptly interrupted to answer for Oliver. "All is quiet as it should be dear lady. Never you worry, you are quite safe as is our lady," Donovan added with a nod towards where the High Lady was entertaining others.

"I do believe though that I promised you a dance, may I?" Donovan held out a hand to lead Kailinna onto the dance floor should she accept it. Oliver meanwhile was sending his brother warning looks, already miffed that his opportunity had been usurped.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]