Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ghosts (M)

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2013, 05:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Although Katahnia wanted to, a part of her just couldn't let Jinai be left this way.
"I don't know..." she said with a frown. "I don't know if we can trust her alone. Even in her... condition." Katahnia said, and bit her teeth into her lip as she frowned. "Besides.."S he added in an even lower whisper. "I'm not certain it would be wise for either of us to show our faces in town."
But by the Gods, if she didn't want to get out of this inn!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"True, " Conall conceded , "wandering is indeed a tad bit risky. Although I don't think it'll hurt to to step out for a few minutes and get some fresh air." His hand found hers and he squeezed it, "We need not go far. We may linger near the inn and watch the sun set, hm?"

visualspice

Kat looked uncertain, but seeing the groaning state Jinai was in, she finally conceded.
"Alright, but only for a quick one."

"Damn- after watching me for hours all he gets is a quickie?"

Katahnia shot Jinai a look.
"If you're well enough to make such retorts-"
But just as Katahnia was trying to scold the other blonde haired woman, Jinai suddenly thrust her head over the side of the bed and puked- missing the bucket completely and hurling onto the floor.

"Just get out of here," Jinai groaned and wilted against the bedding.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"What's a quickie?" Conall was lost on Jinai's terminology. He looked at Katahnia helplessly confused and immediately recognized the blush of indignation. "Ah. Nevermind." Jinai must have been saying something suggestive again. He shook his head and hooked his arm in Katahnia's and led her out of the room, "Let's just give Miss Ringstate a few minutes of privacy."

Outside ,the sun was sinking slowly in the western horizon and the activity in town was winding down. Merchants were packing up shop , mothers called for their children to abandon their playing in the streets and hurry home. The militia was ever watchful with a handful of soldiers patrolling the gradually darkening streets. Conall remained near the inn with his arm linked with Katahnia's. He took a deep breath, "Ah. Doesn't that feel a little better?"   

visualspice

Katahnia drew in a breath, too.
"Yes," she said as she exhaled. She gave his hand a squeeze. "It honestly does. Though to be honest.."s he said, giving him a nervous smile. "I'm still afraid to step out ontot he street. I feel like some criminal- always having to watch my back. I'll be glad if this war can ever be over."

Paradox

"Well, technically we are criminals in the eyes of the powers that be in Connlaoth. I am a traitor and you..." He turned to face her, studying her face and appearing hesitant to speak the words on his mind. They both knew what she was and he was afraid to say it , afraid to risk others overhearing it and terrified of losing her. And what would the people think if they had learned that their duke had become so taken with a mage?

He shook his head and smiled, "Appear far more beautiful with each passing moment. I think the only thing you're guilty of casting such a spell on my heart. " He touched her cheek with a hand gently and gazing into her eyes affectionately. "Fear not, my love. I shall protect us both. Though I think lingering here for a few minutes here won't cause us much harm. "

visualspice

"You flatter me, Conall," she said, beamingly. "But naturally a man of such affections towards me would think me a Goddess." And she playfully bat her pale lashes at him. "But to be fair, my duke,"she teased in but a whisper to his ear, "Maybe you're the one doing spell casting?"

Paradox

Shaking his head, Conall replied with an equally bright smile, "Flattery? Hardly! To imply that I would employ empty words to win your affections wounds me, Kat. I speak so because my heart is bursting at the seams with adoration for a lady whose fairness cannot be illustrated with a handful of words. There is not an end to the sweet words that I would-" he would have rambled on , but the whisper in his ear made him turn suddenly on her in a mock gasp, "You would dare make such allegations against me! " He nudged her playfully in the side and then wagged a finger at her , with a grave expression of mock scolding, "Tsk, tsk. Shame on you, Kat. I would never do such a dreadful thing." And then he adopted the cheekiest of grins and leaned close to whisper in her ear, "In public. My charm is a well-guarded secret, you know."

visualspice

"Having met you as I did, I'd say you were trying to keep that such a secret. You could have fooled all of the ladies with your charms. But.." she said with a grin. "I think I knew better. I saw the potential, right then in there, in a man with a beard so young." And she playfully twisted a finger into his now.

Paradox

Conall laughed richly, " My lady, please. Thy compliments doth make my beard blush so. It seems I am not the only one here gifted with a silver tongue. Such a clever mind, you possess. The first among such a grand list of your wonderful qualities that captivated me. " He placed a hand gently on her cheek and leaned in to steal a kiss. "And very nice " His eyes briefly drank in her figure with a light flush on his cheeks," ...uh dancing.Yes, you move quite nicely. Far better than I. In all respects, actually." 

visualspice

"And from that look you just gave me," Katahnia told him in a giddy whisper as she leaned in close. "Makes me wonder which dance you meant." And her green eyes shimmered playfully as they took him in, and before he could protest or retort, she kissed him suddenly, a breath expelling from her nose as her lips were sealed as she softly moaned.

"I love you, Conall," she told him, threading her fingers into his as she gave his hand a light squeeze. "But who knows why fate was so cruel to have you fall for me."

Paradox

Conall smirked at her, " Your mind is so filthy sometimes. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself. And you would blame fate rather than assume responsibility for your own wicked deeds. " He squeezed her hand back and regarded her with a mock stern look.

((tiny post. Man, I am sorry. )) 

visualspice

Katahnia's eyes danced like twin jewels of green fire.
"Yes, but you started the kiss," she told him playfully and leaned in as if to steal another, but paused instead and simply let her lips tug leftward across her face.

Paradox

Conall leaned in to meet that kiss and when she pulled away his expression was of mild frustration, "I only have to initiate such because you're such a tease. It's positively maddening. " He raised her hand to his lips and kissed the back of it lightly, "As much as I'd like to remain frozen and enjoying this moment, I grow weary. I think I shall retire." And then he leaned in closer and whispered in her ear cheekily, " You're welcome to join me, if you desire , my lady." 

visualspice

Katahnia's cheeks turned pink at his words, her body heating. SHe gave him a knowing smile, cheeks dimpling.
"If only it were so easy. There's still the problem of Jinai.." and she gave him a wearisome shrug. "At least it's not forever." And her eyes shined at that before she leaned forward, and stole a soft kiss to his cheek. "Good night, my pine cone prince." And he'd find something slipping into his hand. A very small and dainty pinecone.

Paradox

~

At dawn's first light, Conall rose and attended to the preparations that were necessary for departure before he approached the room Jinai and Katahnia shared. Hopefully, Ansgar (or Jinai) had been merciful and allowed his love some reprieve.  She had enough stress on her plate as it was without Jinai adding to it. With a sigh he tapped his knuckles against the door and called out ," Kat, are you two awake? It's morning and we ought probably depart soon." 

visualspice

Katahnia was already ready. It appeared as if she and Jinai had come to an understanding; and well- she had agreed to come back with them to Reajh. It seemed she too, was eager to meet up with someone she cared for, and somehow, had come (somewhat) to terms with it during the night. The lack of sleep was evident in Katahnia's eyes, but she smiled warmly none the less and soon the three of them were making their way out of the small in and creeping through the quiet of the town in the early morning.

The shop keeps were just opening their places to sell their wares as the group passed by, trying to be as indiscreet as possible- but no one seemed to notice them, no one seemed to care. But thankfully they were on the road to Reajh before the streets here had gotten too crowded, and the journey to the capital city was a tense one. On more than one occasion tehy had to slip off the main road to avoid large bands of traveling soldiers who were sweeping the streets- and when they were confronted by them- they tried to play thngs off as cooly as possible. All three ofthem were tense that they would be noticed, after all, they were all wanted criminals, even if two of them ought to have been dead, but when Reajh finally pulled into view, Katahnia let out a tired sigh as she studied the city from afar set against the sharp shadows of sun set.

"I never thought I'd set eyes on this city again," she murmured quietly, eyes locked upon it.

Paradox

Conall stepped closer to Katahnia and replied softly, " Interesting how a little time away from civilization can make the city seem so much larger and nosier. " He glanced over at Jinai briefly before turning his gaze back to his beloved, "Where shall we proceed from here, my lady?" 

(( Sorry. I can't post much at this point in time. I do believe we still need to plot. Send me a message in YIM when you're available for that. ))

visualspice

"If I could intervene," Jinai began, stepping up behind the pair of them. "But might I suggest we stick to the outskirts of the city, and be wary who sees us. I'm not exactly a welcome citizen here, and I'd imagine neither are the pair of you."

Katahnia gave a nod.
"She has a point." And she gave Conall a smile before turning away. "I... my daughter is kept on the west end. Over the bridge and just a few blocks from there. The lady that keeps her is named Lephanie Dapner-"

"Wait, woah, Lephanie is keeping your child?" Jinai cut in, and couldn't help but laugh about it.

Katahnia cut her a look.
"Yes,a nd what's so funny about it?

"Nothing,  I just knew Lephanie when she used to be a whore. She always adored kids. Seems like she finally got a break. Though if she's watchign your child, I'm sure she's got more than she bargained for!"

Paradox

Conall remained quiet and poker-faced through most of the exchange although at Jinai's final comment, he chuckled softly and nodded his head in agreement. He honestly wouldn't have been surprised if the offspring of Katahnia was about as spirited as her mother, or even more so.

(ooc: omg another post today! What is the world coming to?)