Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Sense of Direction (Kayala!)

Started by Nemo, May 19, 2013, 12:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemo

The unknown was, if not actually to be feared, at least was worth respecting. Sigma taught her sons and daughters that this was so, and in that they were humanity's twin. He was beside himself with worry about the female. He could feel her suffering intensely, emanating in the hatred the spell the druid was casting, the black rotual he was working. What could do that to someone? Who would do something like that deliberately? How? It was nightmarish! Monsterous!

Truth was, Galen was terrified. And he was extremely sensible. If that monster could do something like this to his kind, use them to power his darkness... He could do it to him as well. There was no way Galen could do this alone. And none of his kind were able to help - he knew that... They were looking after the young, keeping them safe from harm in the face of the threat on all sodes in this hate-soaked forest. A defensive ring was something Raveners excelled at. They would be quite safe... But...

Galen was out here. He had help. The community would not risk the young to save one female... And that was right, but... Galen could now. He didn't even see he had a choice at this point. He needed Kayala's help, and he needed it badly.

"/Thank you for helping me/ I could not face this alone/ If he could do this to my sister he could do the same to me/ even now he uses her to fuel his magic./" he said, and gently reached out to touch her shoulder.

"/I would not survive alone/ with your help I just may./" he said, and he really meant it, clear to his bones. But... He looked away a bit, feeling quite awkward.

"/Please tell me of your people Kayala/" he asked, changing the subject. "/Where do your tribes roam?/ Are there many of you?/"

zozee9

Kayala watched ahead as Galen spoke. If they kept walking for a while—perhaps an hour—they would reach a river. Then they could wash off and maybe even make camp. She still hadn't slept and it was getting quite late.

What he said seemed logical. In fact, Kayala was more curios as to why all the creatures in the forest seemed to have been taken over, with the exception of her and Galen. She didn't know what kind of ritual the person in control did. If he needed to see or touch those that he influenced with his magic, chances were there were still many free animals. If he could spread his magic without those, then there would have to be a reason that Galen and herself were still in control of their own body. And the animals had been acting fine just the day before...

Looking up at Galen and temporarily pushing her thoughts aside, Kayala replied, "Our people roam everywhere. My people, Yoreiqi, are usually in Yoreiq—a chain of islands. But us humans have invaded almost every nook and cranny of Earth. So yes, there are many of us. Perhaps even too many."
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Nemo

Galen seemed to consider this for a long while, striding along beside her, his brow wrinkled in thought and his eyes searching the ground. After what felt like an age, he looked up and at her, and smiled at her, a bit of concern woven into his expression.

"/The reaction you had to me initially gives me cause to worry/ That the songstealer should inow to harm us gives me cause to worry more/" his tenor voice came into her mind, grave and somewhat sad. "/We are not here to steal your lands/ we only seek refuge and new home/" he continued, and felt over his face absentmindedly.

After another unchained moment to collect his thoughts, he continued "/perhaps there are places your people do not go?/"

zozee9

Kayala paused as she thought what Galen said over. She was pretty sure she was more worried when she saw him than when he saw her. But maybe not. Not with what his land was like.

If all of the Raveners were as kind and honest as him, she wondered if it would be better if they stole the lands. Some places could use unbiased rulers. This was more of a fleeting thought—she knew it couldn't happen. Not peacefully, at least.

"Fell," Kayala responded, almost having forgotten about that place. "It is cursed, however. Magic is rejected there... and things always seem to go wrong. Or so I've heard. I've never been there. In fact, I reckon it would reject me the second I set foot on the land. My very blood is imbued with magic, after all. There are also woods, like these, that aren't occupied."
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Nemo

Galen stared at Kayala for a full five seconds when her first thought entered his head. It was a guilty, rogue little thought and he recognized it, but the fact he had recieve it from her jarred him a little - like a good friend of yours suddenly talking about another friend, and realizing the world was a bigger place than you first thought, that people knew each other. It was a bit like that... Only stranger. He blinked at er, very slowly and pointedly, but made no comment, absorbing the information offered.

"/Fel sounds like home./" he said distantly. It wasn't a positive inflection on the word 'home', but he said it in an offhand sort of way. The idea of her talking to him via her mind was appealing. Perhaps she could do it again?

"/You said some places could use unbiased rulers/ I am not certain what you meant/" he said. He wasn't, either. "/Just now you spoke as I do/ Was it intended?/" he sounded curious, mystified, a bit hopeful.

zozee9

"In your head?" Kayala repeated, confused. "That's not possible. You speak into my head, not the other way around. That would be weird. And... useful." But surely he was mistaken. Except that was exactly what she had been thinking. That some places could use unbiased rulers.

"Umm... but I meant that some countries are plagued by problems of history. Rulers that won't agree with each other—even if the agreement would be good for both countries—just out of spite. Unbiased rulers would make it much more peaceful."

Kayala then shook her head, causing her neat hair to quickly spin around before settling down as if nothing had even happened. "That's impossible, though. And I could get in trouble for saying that, in some of those places..."