Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Feathers Doused in Rain

Started by Lion, November 11, 2013, 02:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Her comment was unexpected, for he expected something cold and bitter considering their meeting.  A small ghost of a smile touched his lips and he nodded at her words.  "I...always did enjoy learning," he smiled wider and gave her a nod.  "He taught me well, and he will always be in my memory, and perhaps that is enough."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"I..." she began, uncertain on her words, but feeling the need to add. "I'm sorry for your loss." Which might sound strange coming from a woman who ought to be dead! Her eyes then searched his as they were both paused now upon the road, before an Inn.
"I know you're trying to help me Merric... but I... I have to go."
TO where? She couldn't tell him. She was a ghost, remember? But how could she explain herself? SHe should have been in he grave, not here, talking with a past lover,.. in the rain....
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

His head felt heavy with shame, but he could only nod at her words.  "I-I understand," he said.  "We cannot linger here much longer, but...perhaps...we could...have a parting meal.  Together?  The inn is right here.  It's cold and wet and the roads are slippery.  And someone else would be bound to run into you on the road that isn't me.  Then we may part.  And I never saw you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

At his words, her eyes wavered.
"I'm sorry, but I can't."
Even as faint as she was, she could not accept it. It was too risky as it were. "But please.. do me but one favor, Merric." She said, looking up into his eyes. "Please forget you ever saw me. No one can know I'm still alive."A nd as her eyes read his, she added in but a whisper, "Besides..w ho would believe it?" And a few hot tears slipped out from her eyes.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

He nodded again.  He knew it was to be done and it was a longshot at best, after all they'd been through together, and after all they'd been through apart.  "I will," he nodded to her.  "But...before I go."  And he said nothing more as he suddenly surprised himself and stepped in close to her.  He didn't ask her, didn't warn her, only did it.  His powerful arms swept around her and lifted her clear off the ground, embracing her to him in a hug he hadn't given another in a long time, what felt like an eternity.  "I'm sorry, Attie," he whispered and let her go at last.  And moved back toward his horse.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Through the hug memories came crashing through her, even as she lost her breath. Her eyes were wide, and her tears were frozen, and it took her some time to melt back into reality as she turned towards him and reached for his hand.
"Merric..."
and then she stepped forward and kissed his lips, softly, sweetly before pulling away and looking into his eyes. "A kiss to remember me by." And she peered up at him as the rains fell between them, tears still streaming down her face.

Lion

Merric could feel the water dripping from her face onto his and he lost his breath a little at the sensation of her lips on his, a sensation he'd long since forgotten and was amazed at the feeling.  He gasped at her, having been untouched in so long.

He wasn't sure he could let her go so easily, and he hated himself for his uncertainty.  But instead he leaned forward and grabbed her face with his gloved hands and gave her a deeper kiss, more passionate than he could remember.  "No," he whispered, pulling away at last.  "That's what I want to remember."  And then moved back toward his horse.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The kiss brought back so many feelings and emotions that once laid buried from long ago. A heat.. a fire, long since turned to ash, but reignited in the way his lips crashed unto hers, and the way he held onto her to deliver that final blow.

Goodbye..
Parting had never been such sweet sorrow, but there she was, standing in the rain, watching him move to leave her. She didn't stop him, merely stared at him with a numbness which could not be mistaken with the cool stinging of the rain. No.. this was something deeper stirring, memories becoming unlocked- and like the slow cranking of a music box, she felt something being turned within. The song that wanted to burst out, she held in reserve, her eyes flashing to his questionably, asking more than her lips ever could.
And also, speaking her curiosity and uncertainties on this goodbye.

Though she did not reach for him when she could, she merely stared into his face and held a breath-
and waited for it to be his time to make his leave.

Lion

That moment hung in the balance and it would stay burned in his memory for the longest time.  He just breathed as he took his horse and pulled it from the stables.  The animal chuffed and took his weight as he climbed onto the saddle and peered back at her, bounding off down the road.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She watched him go, and hated herself for it. So many memories brought back, only to be torn away because she was 'dead'. As his horse continued down the road, nearly disappearing, she found her eyes clouding with tears and simply standing there, watching him until he had gone from her sight.
Now, the long trek home would begin- another five hour walk that felt like ten.

OOC: This thread will continue at this event.