Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fiddler on the roof (open!)

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, November 21, 2013, 02:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

As Helvechar sat perched on the rooftop, he thought about the night before him. The city was so calm and peaceful as the blanket of stars and sky enveloped it, the moon acting as some sort of guardian light for the few people that might have been passing in the streets below. And, with the moon as his witness, the gryphon began playing his fiddle, there on the rooftop, weaving a melody that was as gentle and lulling as the night itself.

Dedtoo

The night was quiet and calm, just as Garnor liked it, the sounds of his heavy armor as he walked was something he had long ago gotten so used to, that he didn't hear it anymore. There was barely a light, but from the moon itself, and barely a sign of movement at all. He hadn't expected many to still be running about in the night, of course. He had simply not gotten here before the night.
He was suddenly aware of someone playing a tune he had never heard before, and assumed there was a tavern nearby, with a few patrons still enjoying themselves. Yet there did not seem to be any lights in the nearby buildings, even though the tune only became stronger.

Klezmer Gryphon

Helvechar continued his playing from the rooftop, not even caring at this point whether someone was watching or not. He was wrapped up in the melody that echoed from his fiddle to the streets below. Had he known any better, he probably would have avoided the edge of the roof, which left him in the sight of anyone who might be passing below.

Dedtoo

Garnor kept slowly walking down the street, as the music got louder and louder. It was a fine tune, which he'd almost think would come from some troubadour playing somewhere for... something or another.
Yet he suddenly noticed a figure on a roof, playing a fiddle, or something like it, and dancing around rather closely to the roof...

"Hey, be careful so you don't fall down from there!" He shouted up at the... creature in a deep voice, muffled slightly by his helmet, not wanting him to fall and get harmed, knowing he could have done something about it.

DaGlobster

(OOC: Open thread? Well don't mind if I do!)

Kruz'Iik wandered throughout the dark streets of Cerenis, contemplating his most recent meal. It was a courtesan, but a courtesan almost too smart for her own good. He vividly remembered the glazed look in her eyes as he drained her mind of any morsels of information that might be unique. The information was...interesting to say the least. And seeing as how it was only an hour ago  that he left her body on her bed, the flavors and experiences were still fresh in his mind. He contemplated these as he walked, his psionic radar still searching for any enticing prey.

He stopped in his tracks when he heard the violin. He closed his solod black eyes, and his cephalopodic flushed bright red with pleasure. His short facial tentacles curled upwards, tasting the sound, while his two longer facial tentacles wrapped themselves around his body. He needed to get closer. He focused his mind, and he disappeared, his robes and body becoming invisible. He silently stalked towards the noise, and he found the source. From a nearby alley, he was looking at the griffon with the violin and the armored creature looking up at him. He waited, and observed.

Klezmer Gryphon

Helvechar looked down from the roof and saw the man that had called out to him. A giant, apparently, but it might have just been where he was standing. With a smile, he extended his wings and dropped off the roof, gliding gently to street level and continued playing, his wings seemingly flapping in rhythm with the tune he was playing.

"Hello there. You really don't need to worry about me falling," he said, motioning towards his wings, "I'm Helvechar, by the way."

Indeed, now that he was at street level, this man who had called to him was certainly of towering height. With that, he changed the tune from the gentle lull and lilt to something festive and happy, waiting for the giant's reply.

Dedtoo

"Well, I'll be damned..." Garnor was rather surprised by the sudden drop off the roof. He hadn't seen such a creature before, though he had heard of things like it. He took a moment to let what he had just seen sink in, before he answered the... creature.

"Indeed, it seems I don't." He said, studying him a bit as he talked. "Most people can't fly though, so you probably understand my caution. Anyway, I'm Garnor. A... unexpected pleasure." He said, extending a glowed arm in greeting.

DaGlobster

Kruz'Iik eagerly watched the griffon descend from the roof, and he reached an invisible hand out for the fiddle. The griffon started playing a different tune, and some psionic feedback rang out from Kruz. The melodies were just too much for him to contain his pleasure. Ilithids were creatures of the song, after all. The psionic feedback made itself present in the form of all of the torches on the street going out simultaneously. He stumbled out of the alley, still invisible, and stood right behind Garnor, his hand reaching over Garnor's shoulder towards the fiddle. "I...I must have it!" echoed inside Helvechar's head. The voice was smooth, yet desperate sounding. He retracted and backed away, regaining himself. 

No, no i must control myself... he thought, and retreated back into the alley. He steeled himself, dropping his invisibility and putting on a psychic disguise. A young girl, blonde, around twenty. Kruz stepped out of the alley with his disguise, his bright blue eyes inquisitive and a bounce in his step. He had to admit, he played a damn good girl. "Excuse me, sir, but are you the one playing that beautiful violin?" Kruz asked in a perfect young-girl voice, brushing some blonde bangs out of his eyes.