Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sir Zane's Sketches

Started by Zane, December 30, 2013, 01:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

Sooooo over the past few months I have been teaching myself how to draw. Using YouTube and my occasionally helpful art major friend, I have been improving greatly.

Here is one of my more recent but not best ones.

Here is one of my earlier ones. The main focus of that one was praxis for drawing clothes organically. Still rather heavy handed at that time.

One of my early eye sketches. Cause I just love eyes.

I am still working on one at this very moment but I have plenary more at my deviant art page: sirzane.deviantart.com feel free to check it out. Still a work in progress but you know. These things take time

November

If you haven't really been drawing since the last few months, then that's impressive. Sometimes I wish I could learn to draw from scratch, ditch all my bad habits xD

If you want to get into learning poses and things this place is an awesome reference. 100% recommend the 30 second poses (you can increase the time to 60 seconds, but that's missing the point of it)

Imma be followin' you like a hawk just to watch you improve. Because...well...you can't really watch yourself improve. You are your own worst critic and all.

zozee9

I'm always heavy handed. :3 And those look rather cool! I really like the clothes... i suck at clothes. >_>

If you interested, this is the video that I first used to learn how to draw eyes: VIDEO. I don't draw them quite the same anymore, since I watched it like five years ago, but I still use the basic idea (I think). He's better, anyway. XD He also has a ton of other good videos.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Zane

When I finish my most recent obe. I will be posting it up. Btw all of these are done with B1 Graphite

visualspice

I remember my days of pencil art XD
I draw too darkly with pencil and it always got all over my arm and hand >_< (and probably my face..) but when I switched to the blue animation pencils that fixed the mess (not the heavy drawing and too many lines..) So I eventually forced myself to draw in pen and now I mostly stick to digital art XD I still have improvements but the idea is the more you draw, the better you do become :3 (in confidence and skill) So yeah, keep it up, Zane~
Also, I really like the style you used for Marilyn :3 very nice.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zane

I have no idea what you mean by the style lol. I just drew it. Explain please?

Zane

Lethe was very excited for this one, it's her character Ashour

zozee9

Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Zane

It was soooooo annoying trying to get those lips right x.x

zozee9

Lips are always annoying. XD

Zane

Sitting in the doctor's office yesterday, I was bored and tried to do some practice with perspective and lighting, as well as dynamics.

http://i.imgur.com/5tqju21.jpg -(link due to massive picture size)

Also before you get all worried, I was at the doctor's office because of a stomach bug. Already on the mend.

zozee9

Wooooo it's a ring! Good job! xD

Zane

Lol just random practice. Kinda like documenting everything I do, gives a record of improvements

Paradox

Ashour looks pretty good! Looking forward to seeing more artwork from you, Zane.