Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lady of the Cake (M)

Started by visualspice, January 02, 2014, 01:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Kella saw the way he was looking at the bed and gave the man an adoring smile.
"A large bed will not eat you, Aryn," she told him, amused. "Come, lay with me. For neither will I."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

That comment elicited a wry grin from Aryn, who leaned close to peer down at her. His metal hand came up to gently brush her cheek. "Of course you don't scare me, Lady Kella Harmond. What could possibly go wrong laying with you? I've already been thrown in jail and shot."

He turned back to the bed. "This thing, though... I have no idea what to expect."

He let out a small exhale -- and practically leaped into the bed, sinking down into the soft mattress with a muffled sigh. "By Ansgar, this is comfortable!"

visualspice

Kella gave a delicate chuckle when he jumped onto the bed.
"Well it is full of feathers. And yes.." she mused, making a soft, contented noise as she nestled into the mattress. "It is kind of like sleeping on a cloud."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Aryn's only response was a loud groan of relaxation as he stretched his arms and then rolled over onto his back, eyes closed as he felt himself sink into the feathered mattress. She was right, it really was like sleeping on a cloud. There were no stray straws jabbing him in the back, no smell of rancid water. He really could get used to this.

He turned his head in her direction, though his eyes remained closed. "We should just stay here forever."

visualspice

Kella smiled at the sentiment.
"I wish for the very same thing." Unfortunately, fate was cruel, and she knew it. Releasing a sigh she peered around the room while pressing her lips thoughtfully together.
"It's strange though, don't you think? That my brother simply abandoned this place?" But perhaps, with her gone, did he feel he had no more use for it?

Cambie

"Well obviously he has no sense of value," Aryn replied matter-of-factly as he finally opened his eyes and gazed over at her. "After all, he let you get away didn't he?"

"But then his loss is my gain. On both counts."

visualspice

Kella tried to smile at such a comment, but it proved difficult in the end.
"He didn't lose me," she corrected. "I lost him. I was the one who chose to run away."
And he was the one who evidently was losing his mind....

Cambie

"And so he sent the dogs after you. What a nice brother," Aryn mumbled slightly under his breath. Though to be fair he'd been one of those hounds, who just happened to lose the scent at the most opportune time.

visualspice

Kella dropped her gaze, going quiet at such a remark.
"He.. he has never been himself. Not since the new Grand Duke assumed the throne, or even before that," she said, quietly. "I fear he has become mentally ill,a nd I fear it might be because of our magic." ANd the very idea made her shiver when she recalled when she herself, had killed that little boy so long ago....
She still suffered from the boy's thoughts ad nightmares to this day. It's one reason she would forever have her child like innocence preserved.

Cambie

Aryn sat up now, a slight frown on his face. "What do you mean due to your magic? You seem to have handled it well enough."

And though they'd acknowledged her affliction and had found a way around it during their fun in the drapes, reality set in that, at the end of the day, she still possessed a highly dangerous and deadly power.

visualspice

Kella turned to him, delicate tears clinging to her eyes.
"There's... a lot behind our magics, Aryn. Those we touch, and those we kill... it's... hard to explain but, it's as if we're stealing their memories, their powers, whatever ability it is that makes a person them... and I just fear... perhaps... either that has become too much for my brother, or it's the war."
Something had to give.

Cambie

With a frown, Aryn slipped his hand into the long sleeve and used it to dab away at the tears forming under her sad eyes. He also took the opportunity to lean closer, looking her up and down.

With slight hesitation, he asked, "So those times you touched me... you stole my memories?"

visualspice

Kella blinked.
"I.. OH!" And her eyes went tremendously wide.
"Well, yes but I.. those moments were so small.. I.. I wouldn't be able to tell a memory was yours if it had been taken!" After all, this had only truly happened to her at length but with one other person.S he was too paranoid to let it ever happen again with anyone else since that death.
"A quick touch really just leaves a shock for us both." But she frowned anyways, feeling incredibly guilty for this realization. "But I am truly sorry that I've ever hurt you, Aryn."

Cambie

"No, don't be," Aryn said in a tone that tried to be reassuring, though a part of sounded more unsure than anything. He threw on a slight smile and shrugged. "Besides, I don't really have any fun memories to share anyway."

Her eyes were downcast now, and he frowned slightly at it. Gently he took up the blanket and threw it over her bare skin before drawing her near to him. "Any fun memories I have, we can just share them together."

visualspice

Kella melted at the phrase, and found herself nestling into him contentedly. And that night was the best night's sleep she had in a good long while. The pair slept well past morning and into the afternoon, and though the rain had only stopped long after Kella had awoken. She had changed into another dress, hoping to surprise Aryn, but finding the place bitterly cold, she took it upon herself to fix a fire in the hearth of their room.

So she slipped into her heavy jacket and gloves once more and trekked outside, surprised to see it was lightly glazed over with ice in some places that had yet to have melted from the afternoon sun. And the air was quite chilly, making the tip of her nose turn numb as she moved about towards the wood shed-

Though despite the fact she had found ample amount of wood...
Kella Harmond would not be returning to her Summer home ever again. And Aryn the Iron Hand would not awaken to her beside him- but to a long since gone cold imprint in the bed where she had once laid. And the only indication of what may have happened to her was the scattering of wood on the floor of the shed, and the multiple horse tracks that littered the ground and disappeared into a chaotic trail within the nearby woods.

Cambie

Aryn woke groggily to a slight chill as a draft blew in from the open door. He, too, had fallen into a deep slumber that was more relaxing and satisfying that any from the last two months. Even Kella's gentle shifting in the middle of the night, nestling against him, had not woken him.

As his green eyes slowly opened and blinked in a blurry haze, he unconsciously realized that he was alone on the bed. Turning his head to his side, he could still see the soft imprint on the mattress where Kella's small frame had been. The blanket covering her had been draped over him, but it too had gone cold.

For a while he lay there, wondering where she could have been off to, but after some moments he groaned and swung himself to sit at bed's edge. A brief thought crossed his mind that, somehow, she'd chosen this moment to cut and run from him. That thought quickly evaporated upon glancing to the floor, where every single one of their packs still lay in a haphazard pile. She hadn't taken a single thing with her. She hadn't left.

"By Ansgar, this bed is a miracle," he exclaimed out loud, half expecting a muffled response from the closet or from another room. Only the echoing silence greeted him. With a frown he climbed to his feet and stepped across the freezing stones  to the doorway.

"Kella?" he questioned, stepping outside. The corridors were all empty. The main staircase was empty. The main hall was empty. And the manor's front gates were tossed open, the source of the cool chill. Even from up here, he could see the dusting of snow and ice in the entrance way.

Nearing the front door, he could still hear the neighing and snorts of their horse, tied up in the little stable just outside the front door. But at his sight the horse gave a frightened whinny and backed away from the Ironhand. And no wonder why it was spooked.

There, outside the door, a pile of chopped wood lay strewn about, amidst a muddy mess of horse tracks that trailed away from the manor. At the sight, Aryn's heart sank.

"KELLA!" he bellowed into the distance, his voice echoing through the treeline and back at him. "KELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLA!"

There was no response.

He rushed back inside, struggled to throw on his boots over the swelling of his healing leg, and snatched up his sharp axe. He stumbled along in the cold, following the trail for as far as he could, before he realized that the falling snow had swallowed up the tracks. The realization hit him as hard as a biting gust of wind.

She was gone.