Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Oh, My Goddess!!!

Started by visualspice, January 03, 2014, 05:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Sorry if I'm not as excited as you!" Layana called after, trying to make heads or tales of things, but she really couldn't see. But even she wasn't ignorant to the pressure, the feel of magic all around them. She turned her head, feeling a particular pull across the way.

"Jocelyn," she asked, pausing a moment to catch herself on the wall as the mountain continued to rumble. "Jocelyn... over there... I feel something that way..."
And she felt strangely, her skin beginning to glow a soft shade of gold.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

His eyes were glued onto the bear carvings.  Or at least he tried to, anytime the smoke wasn't stinging his eyes.

But even he eventually felt the pull of magic coming from the other direction. When he turned, he could sense the power emanating from deeper down the cavern where Layana had gestured.  Faraway tendrils of magic that he could barely make out, and could not decipher.  Old magic.

And his eyes widened at Layana, who seemed to almost be bathed in the energy.  "W-what's happening to you?"

visualspice

Despite being blind, she could still 'see', or perhaps sense the change in her body. She looked down to her arms, shaking her head.
"I... I don't know!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

And Jocelyn's eyes widened.

"The symbol on your head... it's also glowing!"

From behind him, the wooden wish bear floated forward and nearly bumped into Jocelyn.  "Finally, we are reunited."

visualspice

She touched her forehead, the good that did her before gasping when she felt the bear move past.
"Quick! Catch that bear! Don't let him go! We still need to figure this out!" And the last thing she wanted was to be left behind in this volcano by some wish bear who might be deceiving them both!

Cambie

As they chased the floating bear through the acrid smoke, a gustless wind suddenly sent the billowing vapors swirling away.

From the blackness of the other side emerged another floating bear, jeweled eyes practically aflame with a brilliant blue.  Interlocking whorls of golden paint covered the entirety of its wooden frame.  It looked almost like a molten sculpture.

And it was the size of a pineapple.

"Finally you arrive, children of the sun.  And you bring my brothers with you."

The mark upon Layana's head, pulsating with soft light, suddenly flashed brilliantly and vanished.  And before Layana floated the other wish bear.

"Tan'nuh-ku," the baby bear greeted.  "Tana-muk."

"Kau'lano," they replied.

visualspice

Dizzy was an understatement, and though she knew much was going on around her, she found it hard to concentrate. Whatever power had flared through her was draining, and for what she could tell, that power was very little! She found herself clutching onto Jocelyn, drooping with exhaustion before something made her perk up.

"Wait... what do you mean by Children of the Sun?"

Cambie

Jocelyn caught Layana in time and held her up, even as the smoke around them began to dissipate a little to reveal more of the temple's interior.  There were a dozen alcoves of all different sizes lining the walls, and in several of them, dormant wooden bears sat motionless.  Many of the alcoves were empty though.

"Children of the Sun," repeated the little bear that had called itself 'Kau'lano'.  "Touched upon by the powers of Sa'wa, the great orb in the sky.  Blessed by her warmth, cradled at her breast."

A pause.  And then the voice spoke again with a hint of amusement.

"No, it is because of your hair.  What, has no one ever compared the color of it to the sun before?  I have slumbered for a long time, but the world was not even that primitive the last time I was awake."