Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Strange Night, Stranger Aquaintences. [Zozee]

Started by Gabriel Graves, January 05, 2014, 08:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel Graves

Ketra Tavern "The Roguish Bard", early evening at sunset

Taverns.

It was always hard to find the ideal one. Either it was too well established and known and (in Gabriel's case) you kicked up a huge stir with your presence, or it was a total dive, the ale was watered down and it was full of angry drunken farmers trying to pick a fight. Perhaps that was a generalization, but from Gabriel's experience (and anecdotes) it was very often true. Of course, it was understandable why people might have slightly abnormal reactions to someone like him.

Firstly, his unusual and dark armor wasn't exactly standard issue, what with a small tattered cloak and its unique, ancient yet beautiful (and slightly intimidating) appearance. He was often accused of being some kind of sinister knight or something if there was a rowdy paladin around. That, of course, always ended poorly. With his helmet on this was doubly true due to the unusual shadow that obscured his face as part of an enchantment over it of his own doing. Perhaps in retrospect it was a poor decision for certain circles, but Gabriel still didn't regret it.

It got worse if Gabriel took off his helmet though (which in this case, he did). Firstly, his unusual red irises tended to attract unwanted attention. If it was bad with the helmet on, it was worse with it off, as any knobheaded Paladin knockoff would call him a demon and challenge him to a duel, drunk or not. The fact that he had runic writing written on his body didn't help either, especially due to the fact that it glowed in various colors that did even worse at holding a low profile. While he could control the color of the glow somewhat and keep it a more calming color and even manage to dim it, you can bet any idiot with a sword or even a sharp stick would call him out for a duel.

Though after winning three duels (by non-lethal yet brutal means) at this rather upscale establishment in Ketra, the patrons had gotten the hint that Gabriel was not one to be trifled with in brawls and left him alone. For now. At least the barmaid had taken a bit of a shine to him. Maybe Gabriel would get lucky and could "convince" her to share a room for the night? It was a pleasant thought. Especially after the difficult days he had been through lately. At any rate, the events had led Gabriel to his current position: sitting in a small corner by candlelight, his helmet off to reveal his somewhat handsome (yet unusual) features and a nice warm meal to enjoy. Gabriel wasn't sure if he was going to be having a drink this particular night though. Didn't want to be off-guard in case someone challenged him again.

Then again, He didn't yet know about the rather strange acquaintance he was about to make, and the trouble that she would be getting him into...

zozee9

Tanya stumbled around the streets of Ketra, shouting at random people and laughing in the way that only someone who is drunk could. And she was most definitely drunk—she was so wasted that she forgot why she even decided to get wasted. She leaned her head back to take a giant sip from the bottle of whiskey she was holding before losing her balance and falling backwards onto her butt. And then she realized the bottle was empty.

She chucked it a few feet away, glaring at its evil presence before crawling over (ignoring all the people trying to walk by) and picking it up. "Stupid bottle!" she shouted desperately. "Why couldn't you just vanish?! Now I have to pick you up and throw you away somewhere so people don't think I'm a no good freak who litters!" She moaned and stood back up carefully, doing her best not to break her feet or her two inch heels. Parents shielded their kids eyes and everyone just avoided looking at her.

Well, not everyone. Even a wasted Tanya got various leery looks thrown her way. This wasn't helped by the fact that she had outdone even herself in terms of dressing like a prostitute. Bright red lipstick matched overdone mascara and alluring smoky eyes. Her tight black dress was loosely laced around her waist, leaving stomach to be shown. The neckline, as always, dipped down rather deep showing off her busty figure. Her hot red heels would have been stiletto high if it wasn't for the fact that she knew she'd be getting wasted that day and, despite the belief of some, had no interest in falling.

Tanya pouted at the empty bottle before looking around for somewhere that she could get something new to drink. After all, she clearly hadn't had enough. She immediately found a tavern (Tanya had an eye for those) and waltzed right to it. Literally... though her beat was a little off. She opened the door, walked a few steps in, and decided that just another drink would not cut it. She would need some entertainment.

So in the spur of the moment, Tanya chucked the bottle onto the floor with force tripling that of what it had outside. It shattered into pieces, giving her the attention of almost everybody in the tavern that had not already noticed her scarcely dressed self. With hands on her voluptuous hips, she shouted, "I will have sex with whoever proves themselves to be the strongest—man or woman or anything else!" Then she reached up with both hands and added, "So fight, my beautiful people!"
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Gabriel Graves

As Gabriel was finally about to sit down and enjoy the first hot meal he would have had in days. the door to the Tavern flew open in spectacular fanfare. Immediately, Gabriel's astute senses detected the smell of alcohol, indicating to him that whoever had come in through the door had as much alcohol in their system as they did blood. Though it didn't take a genius or a particularly observant individual to tell that the woman that walked through the door was drunk. She was even having a hard time standing up.

Though every man in the room, including Gabriel, could see the womans, erm, rather voloptuous features and her unusually beautiful face (despite it having some serious amounts of makeup on).  While her look would have normally indicated like that of some kind of cheap prostitute, something about the woman give Gabriel and the other men she was hot stuff. Especially considering most of the men were drunk aside from Gabriel. Well, luckily for him he could stay out of this encounter and enjoy his meal. As nice as the idea of sharing a bed with the woman seemed, Gabriel wasn't willing to cause more trouble that could come back to bite him later. as he saw the men (including the bars owner and the bouncers) begin to move their tables and chairs aside to set up a mock "Brawl" room, however, Gabriel realized every man in the room had their eyes square on him.

Dammit.

"Hey, Knight, take off that armor and get in here. Your fighting in this tourney one way or another. If you do it peacefully, I won't talk to the local knights bout this, and meal, drink as well as lodging is free if you win. Deal?" the tavern owner offered.

Gabriel pondered the deal for a moment, but realized it was simply too good to pass up. Regardless of what happened with the woman. Gabriel would probably just rent a second room and let her sleep there. God knows she looked like she was about to pass out in his opinion, and as much of a ladies man Gabriel tried to be despite his unusual circumstances, he wasn't exactly keen on taking advantage of the young lady no matter how attractive he was...Though the thoughts were there. With a woman like that, how couldn't they be?

Gabriel begrudgingly stood up, his helm and the armor covering his upper body vanishing quickly, as if they were some kind of mist. That would make things more fair by the tiniest bit. Moving toward the center of the room in the small "brawl" area that had been set up, the man whose body was covered in runic writing and scars watched, his muscular form calm as he waited.  Gabriel and seven other men were rounded up as they watched the bar manager etch up a quick tournament bracket on a wooden plate.

"Alright, Knight, otherwise known as eight, your up first against one, my bouncer. Good luck to both of ya."

Gabriel stepped into the center of the mock brawl arena, half dressed down to his lower armor, the runic symbols on his body glowing gently as he looked into the eyes of his opponent, who, despite their hesitation, looked ready for a brawl.

"Okay then, lets dance. Five minutes is all I need to take you down." The Bouncer sneered as the other patrons cheered.

"Five minutes? I'll be enjoying a snack by then. I will end this in two." Gabriel responded flatly, losing none of his composure as he prepared to engage in hand to hand combat.

------------------------------

The Fights were interesting between the other brawlers as the sudden mock-up tournament progressed, but Gabriel's encounters were always the same: short, swift, with his opponent unconcious on the floor. The bouncer went down to a single heavy jab from the knight to the head. The next opponent had his shoulder dislocated in a grab after Gabriel blocked the man's punch with the tip of his index finger, a feat that got the crowd going wild. The third man was a big one with surprising stamina and durability, but Gabriel's inhuman speed and blurring punches to the abdominal combined with a rather surprising suplex demonstrated that the knight, even in hand to hand, combat, was no joke. It was so one sided that the bets were not on Gabriel or his opponent, but on how long the opponent would last against Gabriel.

As the short tournament drew to a close, the obvious winner was Gabriel, who remained relatively calm yet festive. As the fanfare celebrating his victory came to a close, Gabriel quickly called over to the tavern's owner.

"Another roast please, and some mead to wash it down." Gabriel mused. Okay, maybe now that the risk of fighting was over he could enjoy some form of a drink. After all, he just won a battle and didn't even have to use any of his somewhat dark magic or his sword to do it. Going back to his table in the reclusive and somewhat quiet candle-lit corner of the Tavern, Gabriel hoped to enjoy the meal he was about to receive.

"And give the room and free drinks to the fine lady, as well as a nice breakfast. Shes gonna need it when she wakes up in the morning from drinking whatever it is in her system now." Gabriel joked. Well, hopefully that set everything right. Yeah, he was down a room, but he got a free meal, and he could just rent a room for himself as well.

Again, that may not have been what the woman who started this whole thing had in mind though... 

zozee9

Somewhere between her statement and the battles, Tanya managed to get a chair to sit down on. She cheered for everyone that fought, clapping at good moves and cheering when someone won. She quickly learned the name of Gabriel, then man that won every time. Like everyone else, she kept a special eye out for him from the very beginning. Just by seeing the different runes on his skin, she knew that he had to be something different. His battling only proved her right.

Tanya found him rather handsome, despite his odd appearance. Or maybe that was the alcohol speaking. She couldn't tell but she also didn't care. All that mattered is that he provided an ample distraction—and he would, she decided... even if he didn't seem to know it.

Tanya stood up and made her way over to him as best as she could which, with the help of the arm's of various other spirited people, meant without even falling. She pulled out the chair across from Gabriel and leaned forward. She smiled coyly and said, "I will accept the drinks, room, and morning food... but surely you'll share it all with me? I promise I can entertain you to no end. I'll even do kinky things, if it makes you happy."
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Gabriel Graves

Not long after settling back at his table and awaiting the warm meal he had ordered, the woman whom had started the whole affair for the bar walked (with some assistance) twoard Gabriel's quiet little corner of the room. Sitting down, the very clearly drunken woman gave a coy smile as she leaned over, revealing more of her already considerable cleavage to the knight.

This was an awkward situation. As much as his instincts would have loved to have her company for the night, to take her upstairs and have a long and wonderful night of drunken sex with the young lady, Gabriel's knightly and somewhat restrained attitude and approach to the situation was helping from taking advantage of the woman.

"Believe me, my lady, as much as I would love to take you up on your offer, and believe me, I would, but...I must be honest with myself and you, I would be taking advantage of you to quite a degree. At the moment, I do not even know your name." Gabriel explained. It was obvious that although his words were knightly and true, his gaze and expression were not quite as much. a part of him really, really was quite tempted by the lady and her forward nature.

The knight wasn't honestly sure how this was going to go.

zozee9

"Taking advantage of me?" repeated Tanya with a short laugh. She had heard that one before, but not often. Most people saw her and forgot about their morals. "Hardly. Rather, you would be giving me a night of fun and a memory to be remembered forever." Maybe not forever. In fact, she probably wouldn't remember it in the morning. But she definitely would enjoy it.

Gabe's food and mead arrived, and Tanya took this perfect opportunity to drink his alcohol. She only took a small sip and somehow managed to not spill any. She handed it back to him before deciding to change her position and instead lean up against the back of the chair.

Except there wasn't a back to the chair.

So instead Tanya fell onto the ground yet again, this time landing harshly on her back. Lifting one arm straight up, she shouted, "I'm okay! And, Gabriel, my name is Tanya. Tanya Roy Danes. It's quite a pleasure to meet you."