Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hearthfire Tavern (Open)

Started by Catchmyfallingtears, January 13, 2014, 08:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catchmyfallingtears

Lorelei carefully pushed open the doors that shielded her simple tavern from the outside world and let her blue eyes scan the streets before it. Dusk was falling and men and women were leaving their places of work to find rest in their homes or in simple establishments like the one the redhead had just exited.  She then looked at the torches that were situated on either side of the double doors and smiled as fire flared up to welcome anyone in need of a place to relax and enjoy a drink.

The petite redhead then slipped back inside and scanned Hearthfire as she chewed her lip lightly. The tables looked clean and sat scattered around the floor letting anyone move around them easily enough. The large hearth stretched along one side of the building and cast a comfortable warmth yet it wasn't anything that would be to sweltering to anyone who entered. Carefully Lorelei moved to the bar and lifted the slightly worn rag and ran it over a slight wet spot on the cherry toned wood.

The vertically challenged woman then quickly moved to stand behind the bar and absentmindedly brushed a slight streak of dirt off of her simple yet elegant lavender colored dress. The scooped neckline showed her ivory collar bones without giving to much away and being unrespectable. The petite woman was ready to receive her customers.

Wicked Basket

Cryce was frustrated, exhausted, and angry. He had been traveling for days with nothing to show for it. He needed food and rest. He didn't care where he got it from. He soon came across a small tavern which, to his preference, was empty. Cryce entered the tavern and enjoyed the lack of other people. He was about ready to kill someone with the mood he was in. He approached the bar and sat down.
"I don't care what it is, I just need food," he told the redhead that was standing there.
He leaned his staff up against the bar and buried his face in his hands. He had had just about all that he could take.

Catchmyfallingtears

Lorelei watched the man as he entered and inwardly cringed at the seemingly bad mood that the man was in. "Coming right up Sir." She said politely as she moved to disappear into a back room. It only took her a few moments before she returned with a bowl of stew. The broth was thick and the meal looked filling. She carefully placed it before the man "That will be two Shil. Would you like any Ale?"

Wicked Basket

"I don't drink," he replied putting the money on the counter. The food looked good enough. Cryce set to work on the stew. It was as if he hadn't eaten in days, which was actually somewhat true. All he cared about at the moment was that he had something he rarely got: a fresh, warm meal.

Catchmyfallingtears

The redhead nodded slightly before she pocketed the coins. "Water then sir?" She asked before she moved to walk down the bar a little ways to finish drying a few glasses with simple clean rag that normally hung on the bar.

Wicked Basket

Cryce simply nodded in response to her offer of water. He had finished of the stew, and something to wash it down would be nice. No one else had yet entered the tavern, which Cryce was happy with, but the redhead probably wasn't.

Catchmyfallingtears

Lorelei nodded and fetched the man a glass of water. She carefully set the glass down before nodding at the bowl. "Want me to get that out of your way?"she asked. Her eyes took a second to sweep around the empty tavern and frowned slightly before looking at Cryce with a polite smile.

Wicked Basket

Cryce answered her by simply nudging the bowl toward her. He wasn't feeling talkative. He reached for the glass of water and wrapped his fingers around it. Cryce nearly spit the water out as soon as he drank it. It was lukewarm. Cryce remedied the situation by conjuring pieces of ice on his hand and dropping them into the glass. That should chill it nicely.

Catchmyfallingtears

Lorelei gathered up the bowl and raised an eyebrow at the man. "Very nice ability." she said before moving to bring the dishes to the back room to be cleaned. "If you need anything else don't be afraid to ask." She then a little bit down the bard to give the man a bit of space so as not to crowd her only customer so far.

Wicked Basket

"I'll need a place to stay for the night," Cryce said.
Cryce took another sip of his water. It was nice and cold now, just the way he liked it. He figured that he would go to bed as soon as he finished his water. Cryce idly reached down his shirt and pulled out a gold ring on a silver chain. He turned it over and over in his hand, just staring at it. It was all he had left.

Bringer of Fenrir

The doors swung open harshly, and think thuds of heavy boots sounded in the open room. Hjaldi stood there with a carcass of an animal on his shoulder. Hjaldi stood surveying the area smiling at his fortune he walked over to the almost dwarfish woman with red hair lifting the carcass placing it down. "How mush for the beast? or can i trade it for a meal some mead and a place to rest and wash up?" Hjaldi lifted his arms as if to show how dirty he really was and to convince the woman to give in and let the deal follow through.

Looking at the man Hjaldi gave a nod "Gods bless you, you look like you need it." After his quick quip and blessing Hjaldi turned bak to the woman. "Also is there a place to purchase arrows and get these sharpened?" Hjaldi lifted his trench coat to reveal an array of knives as well as two one handed swords not from any place they had seen. 

Wicked Basket

"Gods," Cryce mumbled. "There are no gods."
Cryce did not turn to face the newcomer. The peace was nice while it lasted.
"This is a tavern, not a trading post," Cryce said. "I believe that you've stumbled into civilization by mistake."

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi laughed at his remark at the gods not existing. "Your gods maybe but my gods are ever present. Prehaps your gods are real they just care not for you." Listening again to the annoyed what looked to Hjaldi as a monk quickly retorted with his own insult Hjaldi was already walking away towards the hearthfire. "if this is no trading post then i apologize" Hjaldi tooka blade and thrust it into the carcass severing a piece of meat then grabbling a tong stabbing it onto it an placed it over the hearthfire. "civilization? i may be what you call a barbarian but who sacrifices people to there gods and kills there own brothers over smal matters as pieces of gold?" Hjaldi pointed out obvious he has had these type of conversations before."

Wicked Basket

"It's not me that I needed the gods to care for," Cryce said solemnly, clenching the ring in his fist.
"Are you insinuating that I am a petty thief and murderer," Cryce asked. He was not in the mood for games. His purpose was just. He was no mere crminial.

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi laughed to himself "We all are these days" Hjaldi looked up at the monk "Your a little tender aren't you boy? no i was merely stating your gods seem cruel and playful with your lives." Hjaldi turned the meat on the spit. pulling spices from a sides bag rubbing them onto the meat then placing it back over the fire.

Hjaldi looked up to see the man and could see death in his eyes. "You have a look of death about you boy. You know it's presence, don't you ?" Hjaldi was now interested in this monk or what ever he was.

Wicked Basket

"Did I say something funny," Cryce asked, his anger rising. "The gods are worthless if they even exist at all."
The stranger then pointed out the death that followed him. This guy sure was observant.
"Death has followed me all of my life, and it will continue to follow me until I have achieved my goal."

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi eyes closed examining this man as he grew more annoyed Hjldi's air about him changed completely and he grew somber and serious.

"Death has followed you all your life... " Hjaldi murmured the rest to himself repeating what he had said and at the end gave a snort and chuckled to himself. Hjaldi looked at the back of his on hand looking at the scars, turning his attention from the boy monk to his meat Hjaldi repeated his process as before.

Returning his gaze to the annoyed boy he looked him over he could see he could fend for himself in this land though Hjaldi was not completely sure of his age. His scent was still young... or at least young to Hjaldi. And his lack of tolerance for quips and small insults were short which was a sign of youth to Hjaldi as well. Hjaldi didn't find him a threat nore an enemy to him.

"What task is that boy avenging someone? bleeding an enemy of some horrific curse Upon you ?" Hjaldi look was stone cold never swaying from Cyce's sight as if locking him into a stare the way a beast stares down his prey. From... somewhere else a pack of wolves could be heard sending up calls warning to a threat...

Tak

((Thought I would add a god to add to the god argument!))

Defteroi was walking around. Mortals. He liked mortals. He really did. His golden jaw looked to the side. Then the other way. After a while of doing this, he spotted a building, probably an inn. He walked towards it.

The gods where common knowledge now, he thought. They won't be shocked, he thought. He opened the door, almost breaking it in the progress, while a dirt golem formed outside and closed the door for him.

"Um... I'll have a... ale?"
He didn't normally do this sort of thing. He looked around, with most of the people staring at him, almost frozen. It was clear that he was no normal person. He was made of gold, and that's a clue.

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi paused looking at the golden man lifting a hand covering his eyes from the glare of the sun off of his body. This was obviously something Hjaldi had never seen before and he was not sure whether to draw his blades and fight it or greet it as a friend.

"Who... what in the king gods name are you?" Hjaldi asked bluntly hand sliding into his trench coat cautiously grabbing his swords being careful to stay near the shadows of the hearth fire as to keep his movements mostly covered by the darkness.

Hjaldi noticed how he had asked for an ale "Do you even drink ... you are of gold so are you natural born ? ... what are you?" Hjaldi asked confused at what he stared at ..

Wicked Basket

Cryce grabbed his staff, just to be sure. He didn't need it to use magic, but he felt better fighting with something in his hand instead of being completely unarmed. First a wildman and now a walking statue. This night was getting strange.