Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hearthfire Tavern (Open)

Started by Catchmyfallingtears, January 13, 2014, 08:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tak

"Natural Birth? I am a God. I am Defteroi, second las tcreation of Zoi and God of Golems. Does anyone here have ambrosia? No? Damn."

He handed over a tablet with the gods family tree and then pointed to him on it. He was only a minor god. He saw the people look at him. "Uh... Who are you?"

((Sorry short post))

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi looked at the golem. " You are no god of mine, Though i acknowledge that you must be god born." Hjaldi looked again over to the boy monk, his now walking staff in hand. Hjaldi bellowed out in laughter and leaned back grabbing his now roasted meat biting into it continuing to laugh. "There is a god of your standing before us after you said they did not exist your gods have humor as do mine." 

Hjaldi looked back to the golem. with a look of jest about him. "So you are gold? So if i cut a piece of your arm off would gold grow back ?" Hjaldi joked as he removed his hand from his sword.

Wicked Basket

The temperature in the tavern became noticeably colder as Cryce's rage grew.
"I have no gods," Cryce shouted. "Why do you keep saying that I do? There are plenty of magical creatures in this world. I'm sure that other walking statues exist elsewhere."
Cryce was getting tired of this guy saying that he had gods. What did he think he was? a monk or something?

Catchmyfallingtears

(Oh lord I missed a lot. This is what happens when I get a date I guess 0.0 )

Lorelei had been about to answer the brooding man and offer him one of the four small rooms that housed workers when the weather was to bad for them to return home or occasionally rented out on slower nights. Her answer was halted though as the man carrying the carcass walked through the doors and she let out a slight noise of distaste at the drops of blood that followed his trail. "Oh please don't put that there she said with a slightly alarmed tone. "If you plan on resting here please if you wouldn't mind place your catch in the back room where you can fetch it once you go on your way or you can use it to acquire a few drinks sir."

She tried to steer clear of the argument of gods and the darker tones that circulated her normally peaceful tavern. Her eyes widened again as the golden man entered her establishment. "Oh gods." She mumbled quietly before moving to quickly bring the man a tankard of ale. "That would be one shil." She said politely.

She then moved and lifted a worn rag from a water bucket at the end of the bar and hurried over to the blood drops to quickly clean them before the red substance soaked into the wood and left a stain that couldn't be removed. She didn't need blood covering the place and adding to the interesting character it currently held.

Tak

Defteroi looked in his pockets... he didn't have pockets. He presumed a shil was their currency, but he had no idea. suddenly a bit of himself fell onto the table. "Is that good enough for a shil?"

The spot grew back. He looked to the questioning person. "It is holy gold. Only Gods can cut it." He looked to the Cryomancer and said "Why are you so grumpy?". The ale was downed quickly, with little spare. "He needs a drink" was said, noting the Cryomancer.

Catchmyfallingtears

Lorelei had a look of pure shock that crossed her face as she saw the gold. "Oh- Um yeah that will work." she said only stuttering slightly in her shock before she returned to quickly finish wiping up the mess and return behind the safety of her bar. The petite woman who normally had a tongue like fire was in slight dismay. What had started out as a quiet evening was turning into something much more interesting.

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi looked towards the boy monk "Ah ice magic begets you! Owfrie's blessing is above you. So is it my gods you serve?" Hjaldi now seemed intrigued at the boy. "Are you a monk? You carry no weapon only your walking staff."

Hearing the clunk of gold piece that fell from the golem and hearing his replyhe quickly retorted back "Most a pity i wuold have use of your golden skin i could purchase an army of my own and bring my name here to this land."

Hjaldi looked at the monk boy knowing he made the room cold in anger of him he glared at the boy. "If you intend to fight then please outside is much more suited for the bothof us boy. If not then quite whining like a woman and return the warmth of this tavern for she has no quarrel with you!" Hjaldi's threat was serious and directed straight to the boy. Pointing at the small red headed woman. Who was obviously worried at the whole ordeal.

"I'm sorry milady i will gladly put this catch back outside." Bowing deep and wrapping the carcass up in a cloak he had it wrapped in before and began to head out the door quickly lacing it just out the door. Turning around and returning to his place a fog seeps through the bottom of the door and growls and loud k-9 noises snarls, and growls bellow from the door as if a pack of wolves were there... and yet the sounds seemed as they were not truly there. as soon as they started they distanced themselves from the tavern till it was just a whisper in a ear that was willing to listen.

Catchmyfallingtears

Lorelei gave Hjaldi a thankful smile as he reprimanded the two other men in the tavern. "Thank you sir, I just don't want to give my barmaids start if they were to see that unexpectedly." She looked at the hearth as a chill crawled its way down her spine and silently wiled the fire to warm slightly and push back the chill that Cryce brought to the surrounding area.

"Are you wanting any Ale, water, or stronger spirits?" she asked as she looked at the giant of a man... well compared to her small stature he was a giant. She then looked at the other two men. "Can I get either of you anything else as well?"

Tak

"Ay. The strongest there is." replied the god. as he passed over a sliver of gold, which instantly regrew. "Where could I get a fight 'round 'ere?" asked a slightly drunk Defteroi as he almost accidentally broke his seat.

His golden skin reflected the light coming from a small gap in the door. "You hear that? Wolves."

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi smiled as the offer of ales and stronger came up. "Ah if you have any meads i will take a small barrel of it" Hjaldi leaned back and then returned to stare at the golem. "I am not from these lands sorry .. what do i call you ?" Hjaldi leaned his chair back and bite down on another hunch of meat. Hjaldi looked at the golem and gave him a once over looking at how after a ale he was already acting as a drunkard.

"I give you no insult but do you drink often Golem??" Hjaldi was curious at all these things. but the boy monk still bothered him. Hjaldi kept a hand always on a blade in case he were to retort an attack after his tongue lashing, he delivered him. The cold he made the room was still warm to him and he was not even faltered by this chill Hjaldi came from a bleak land of ice. Hjaldi was certain if the boy wanted to fight he would have a harder time then he may think.

Wicked Basket

"Whining like a woman," Cryce repeated. "Whining like a woman!?! "
Cryce's anger was reaching its threshold. He hadn't been whining at all. How dare this stranger accuse him of such things.
"Listen here, you uncivilized oaf! I am no monk, and I serve none of your damn gods. I am a cryomancer, one of the most powerful in existence. You are nothing but an ignorant brute who interrupted one of the few peacefuls moments that I get to enjoy. If you want to fight, then I'll happily oblige. I've killed plenty of men like you. One more won't make a difference."

Tak

"Golem? You dare to call me a golem, mortal? I would advise against it."
He was almost cut short by the Cryomancer. Suddenly, two dirt golems appeared outside and came inside. "Sir, settle down. We wouldn't want to have you dead."

Several wood golems made from nearby trees appeared and neared, but they where being attacked by some wolves, so they where busy.

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi hit the mark with this cyromancer, he had seen his kind before in his lands of the north men who could bend the will of ice and cold. those who normally worshipped
Owfrie the god of winter and the ice storm. "You words are that of a drunk boy in my village trying to prove himself by spouting stories that are not hisor rather your word's are twisted as a old woman's!... And you have never fought a person such as I so be careful who you threaten in a fight that you have no knowledge of there skills or strengths boy! Now sit down before you get hurt it is too early to spill youngling blood!Specially someone as gifted as you... And to me you are barely off your mothers breast milk... so watch your tongue." Hjaldi's eyes were full of fury and his words were calm but held weight as he was confident in his abilities and skill. As each word fell from his mouth Mist began to gather in the corners of the room and the howls began to grow once again until Hjaldi caught himself releasing his grip on his blades. As he did he looked to the corners of the room and the fog faded.

"i meant no disrespect i just have no idea what to call you and you mentioned you were god of golems so i assumed you were one apologies." Hjaldi inclined his head in respect to the massive golden man.  Hjaldi looking back at the cryomancer who was still fuming, babbling on about how he had killed oafs such as hjaldi was purely entertaining to Hjaldi he could be certain this boy had not fought someone as him least he was pretty sure.

Directing his full attention to the raging man who he thought would soon start to pace back and forth Hjaldi addressed him. You mistake my curiosity for harassment in my lands you could have no power over ice unless you prayed and served Owfrie. And your whining was that of you saying you do not serve gods nor believe in them for where i live the gods roam freely with us... against us as well, so they are accepted as living and real. If you wish to take insult then i will also gladly meet you in combat, and i will not hold back any bit of my fury. As long as you know i am no more a barbarian then you are a feeble old woman..." Hjaldi smirked at his last little response. looking straight into the eyes of this person before him he could see his fury. Hjaldi thought he must never have had a person of a lower class challenge him or treat him as someone with no title. Hjaldi stood waiting at the ready for what ever would happen.

Wicked Basket

That was the final straw. First calling him a child, and then an old woman! Cryce shouted in anger and swung his staff. Three foot-long, razor-sharp icicles shot forward towards the man who dare insult him without having any knowledge of his past. It didn't matter now. Now, he would pay for it.

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi smiled "Ice finally i feel at home!" turning around and crouching the ice darts shattered on Hjaldi's shield. picking up what he had at the table. and trotted outside as if nothing had happened. Turning around to Cryce, Hjaldi smiled as he grinned plumes of mist flowed out the edges of his mouth  making his grin all the more devious. Looking at him his eyes were focused, Hjaldi's blood was pumping he knew he was about to fight someone finally. "Are you coning? or do you need help finding the door in your temper tantrum. BOY the word was filled with spite oozing out of Hjaldi's mouth egging the boy on.

Hlajdi turning around and leaaping out to the front of the tavern. spinning around again Hjaldi's swords already drawn. The mist that entered the tavern permeated the area around the tavern a thick fog with a light blue light illuminating all around. smaller lightls ... no eyes all over were eyes watching the tavern door. "Come on already you spout that you have killed hundreds which makes me think you have only killed a few and your chest is filled with air and only now that a threat is actually hear you hesitate! you think yourself a ice summoner?! i have fought men such as you that make you seem as a child learning how to make ice for a cup!" Hjaldi knew what he was doing might back fire but rage never worked in battle fury yes but a blind rage never even the berserkers of His lands knew the risks.

Hjaldi was wanting to test the man. he had a look of death Hjaldi was curious how deep the grip of death truly was on te boy would it match his own death's grip that was upon him ?...

Tak

The the two dirt golems standed around the cryomancer, followed by the damaged wood golems, and the numerous golems of the surrounding landscape. They were to attack if the man tried to flee or attack

"You fool. Settle down. You stand no chance against a god. Rest."

((sorry, low battery))

Bringer of Fenrir

(Occ I think he is attacking only me))

Wicked Basket

Cryce surrounded himself in a pillar of ice which then exploded outward, knocking back the surrounding golems. Cryce rushed out the door to face the man foolish enough to insult him. As soon as Cryce got outside, a thick sheet of ice formed over the ground. The battlefield was his now, and soon that oaf's blood would stain it.
"You wouldn't be the first to underestimate my power," Cryce said, "and you won't be the last to regret doing so."

Bringer of Fenrir

Feeling the ice on the ground slip under his boot Hjaldi did not budge an inch infact his stance lowered if anything in ready for an attack. "Then you have nothing to fear!" Hjaldi was barely visbile through the thick fog and yet all around them those eyes peered through the fog. Hjaldi took a deep breath being consumed in fog from the breath and then revealing himself again he was ready for this. He closed his eye's for a mere blink but it's felt like an eternity. The cool fog against his cheeks, the ice beneath his boots, his blades in his hands he had missed this he had so missed his home land. "Owfrie i know i am far from our mountains but i face one of your's please deliver me the strength to over come him and to earn glory for my Father..." Hjaldi silently prayed to the winter god.

As he finished his prayer opening his eyes he saw the warrior in full rage ready for an assault from him, Hjaldi thought of a plan. Jumping backwards into the dense fog he disappeared from Cryce's sight As he searched through the fog a howl could be heard then sounds of a beast charging until finally the fog could not hide it anymore a ghoulish gigantic wolf burst from the fogs of death itself lashing at Cryce maw open as it lunged for the young Cryomancer's arm. Just before connecting the grave injury it dispersed and a ring of howls in celebration rang up from all around him. Suddenly a whisper of something swirled past Cryce ear.

An arrow barely missed his cheek. Hjaldi indeed was testing him and had brought out his bow and used his heightened senses in a advanced state. "Lucky both those missed!" Hjaldi's voice was somehow right behind him and yet not... "Turn around and let us have a drink boy nothing good will come of it. My wolves are still able to be sated otherwise that one would have had your arm by now." Right next to him lay a pure White wolf same size as before. Something was odd about these beasts he could see ever strand of fur and  yet he couldn't focus completely on his shape like as if the fog was the wolf or the other way, the unearthly ice blue light came from the mouth and eyes of the wolf as it stood there teeth bare claws dug into the wood of the floor on the porch. It's growls did not come from the wolf but rather everywhere... these were not on the plain of this earth and yet were stuck ... inbetween.

Wicked Basket

Cryce merely sidestepped the charging wolf and did not even blink as the arrow wizzed past his ear. He had been shot at before. Cryce chuckled at the man's threat.
"That's very disappointing," Cryce said. "You make yourself out to be such a mighty warrior, yet you hide in fog and have ghost mutts to fight for you. You can't even fight me one-on-one. You're not even worth killing after seeing this display of cowardice."