Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hearthfire Tavern (Open)

Started by Catchmyfallingtears, January 13, 2014, 08:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi laughed the mist started to slow growing heavy his voice was now gruff and had a chill in it. "You say coward i say smart. Out of the mist Cryce felt the prick of a blade pressed to his neck "mmmh the scent of blood makes me so excited!" Hjaldi grabbed at the boys neck. clenching them leaning in to the boys ear "You think i am not fighting one on one? boy the fog is my tool ad is in a sense me as is the ice you use. But if you want to go that way you use ice to hinder me as a coward would also boy. So why don't we call back our gifts all natural man to boy lets see how well you stand without your ice to skate on..." Hjaldi let go of his neck sliding the blade along drawing out the cut so the blood seeped out.

Hjaldi walked by the boy shouldering him as he did the fog cleared into a circle Hjaldi was different his hair silvered slightly still blonde but seemed lighter as though it froze. Walking over the ice without a single slip or slide in his stride. "Well do we fight like men or shall we bicker at how manly we are as he did he stuck out his chest as an arrow flew past his head barely missing his own ear smiling as the second arrow his the post beside Cryce. Hjaldi hadn't shot the arrow! but how?

"well?..." Hjaldi sheathed one of his swords and reaching behind him drew forth his shield. Come on lets have some fun!

Catchmyfallingtears

"Gods Damn it!" Lorelei growled under her breath. She stood at the door of her tavern and watched the two men Bicker in her eyes. "Both of you men need to halt this petty bickering!" She said her voice almost a growl, her blue eyes seemed to darken and it almost looked like the light of a fire danced in them. "This has all started out as a giant misunderstanding and it needs to be resolved now."

The petite woman did something that was probably the most stupid thing she could have done and stalked to stand in the middle of the two men. She looked back and forth between them with narrowed eyes, the fires that burned from the torches in front of Hearthfire flared up as her temper rose. There was a reason why Hearthfire was one of the more quiet taverns and it was because the fiery woman did not allow them to gain much ground before she stopped them or found someone else who could.

Tak

((Uh... I guess this is Defteroi wouldn't interfere. I'm out of the thread.))

Wicked Basket

Cryce paid no attention to the small tavern owner.
"I am a cryomancer," Cryce replied. "It is my weapon as much is your sword is your weapon. If you wanted to fight in melee, than you should have found someone else. You chose to fight me, and this is what happens when you do. Hjaldi's legs became encased in ice, immobilizing him. Cryce then unleashed a barrage of icicles to get him to raise his shield, which would be followed by a pillar of ice shooting forth at a 45 degree angle to slam into his shield. This would, hopefully, break either his shield, his arm, or maybe even both. As long as he understands the mistake hr has made.

Catchmyfallingtears

Lorelei grumbled under her breath as the Cryomancer ignored her demand and once she saw him attacking with his ice a wall of fire rose up before the icicles. She wasn't the most adept person in the world with fire but she did know how to break up a fight and how to use her gift. "I said stop." She growled.

(Sorry on my phone and dodging the mean lady at the DPS while I'm trying to get a new license)

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi bellowed in laughter as he stated the ice was him. "Then the fog stays!" Hjaldi felt the ice crawl up his leg looking down instinct took over for a split second raising his shield. Hjaldi knew there would be a volley of icicles, Hjaldi had to be honest with himself maybe he pushed the Cryomancer a bit too hard. But Hjaldi also enjoyed the fight. As he hid behind the shield Hjaldi did not waste time and sheathed his sword to draw a much smaller dagger out and began to unleash attacks on the ice holding his legs finally snapping the ice free looking up in time to see a wall of fire appear in front of him the heat was almost too much for this warrior.

Hjaldi jumped back and started to dash into the fog... Stopping Hjaldi smiled turning around the fog settled to reveal Wolves all around them in the streets on the roofs of buildings even the tavern itself all the wolves varied in color and size although most were near size of horses. All growled and barked howling at happenings of this duel. Some crazed wanting blood other just stood calmly ready. But all had a hunger in their eye's. Their eyes... they were all the same all a ghost blue burning so cold full of hate it would burn and freeze you in the same instance. 

Hjaldi walked back towards Cryce sheathing his dagger drawing his sword again and standing at the ready a different stance now though, almost defensive but was odd. Shield was placed infront of Hjaldi at a distance covering a greater area of him. also Hjaldi arm with sword in hand was extended past the shield. as though it should be a spear. Hjaldi's eyes were again focused, not moving an inch nor attacking.

Hjaldi looked at the small woman. She must be dwarf born at least half dwarfs knew Fire magic the most in Hjaldis' fathers clan lands. "I respect your wishes milady but he feels his honor is in question and he has called me a coward words have been given all that is now is the price of blood. Be not worried for your tavern i will repay the damages i have caused" Hjaldi never removed his sight form the raging ice man while he spoke. Hjaldi was ready but made no movement he was sturdy and strong and the wolves were all ready as well.

"Are you watching Beruin!? your wolves are here even though your caves are far away come grant me victory in this hunt" Hjaldi cried out. Almost instantly the wolves all echoed i a bone chilling howl prolonging it till the winds carried the howl through the lands... outward

Wicked Basket

Cryce was very displeased. His plan had been going perfectly until that woman interrupted.
"How dare you interfere," Cryce roared. "I would think that someone who loves their tavern so much would not interfere. Keep that in mind next time you plan to hinder me."
Cryce turned back to Hjaldi.
"You wish to remain a coward within your fog? Very well. Delay the inevitable as long as you like. It will end the same way."
Giant spikes of ice shot up from the frozen ground. The only place where no spikes appeared was where Cryce was standing. With any luck, that brute has been impaled. If not, that would change soon.

Bringer of Fenrir

Watching the wave of spikes fly up Hjaldi noticed the malice in this mans eyes' it was no duel this was life and death to him. Hjaldi saw the intent to kill the red headed dwarfish woman. Hjaldi burst forward as did some of the wolves from the roof down towards the rabid man in a attempt to pin him down. Hjaldi leaped for the woman he was going to be too late! he didn't want to but he had to leave her to her own magics. Hjaldi threw down his shield barely in time his shield acting as a leaping board launching him into the air. Hjaldi was off balance but he knew where he had to land and only one way to do it...

Hjaldi's wolves suddenly turned on him throwing him off to the side towards the the ice mage. "This may hurt" Hjaldi blundered through the air and was going to fall straight on him same time as the wolves would land on him as well. The only thing in Hjaldi's favor was that some of the wolves pouncing onto Cryce was in front of Hjaldi so he was hidden partially any way. Hjaldi did have a sorts of a plan, throwing his sword at the boy and began to draw his varying daggers and began throwing them all at Cryce. praying some would hit Hjaldi threw his last dagger and then tumbled in the air to try and land on his feet.

Wicked Basket

Cryce watched the man fly through the air. He had to admit, it was somewhat entertaining. Then the man started flinging blades at him. Cryce merely surrounded himself in a thick shell of ice. The sword and daggers impacted harmlessly off the ice cocoon. He wasn't going to lower it until he saw where the man landed, just to be safe.

Bringer of Fenrir

Not entirely what Hjaldi had planned but the boy covering himself had a major flaw he would not be able to see Hjaldi. The swords and daggers all hit the shield of ice and if the shield had not been up he would have hit there mark. Hjaldi still had a plan as he flew through the air the wolves started to attack the base of the ice while others passed through! nipping at the boys clothes then running through the other side.

Hjaldi knew what he had t do he coiled his legs in and at last second before he would hit the ice pushed his feet forward into the ice. The knives and his sword flying into the ice made it weak enough to shatter and continue his blundering attack! "Ha didn't think of that did you!?" Hjaldi was enjoying this once more he knew it was serious but he still loved the thrill of battle drawing his final sword Hjaldi brought it down upon the Cryomancer... Pain.. in his arm and leg even his ribs. He must have been hit by the ice i his leg and arm and the force from the shield must have bruised his ribs. the adrenalin must have hidden it until he crashed through the ice. "Damn this is going to make it harder..." Hjaldi thought as his feet were inches from the boy.

Hjaldi grimaced trying to ignore the pain to continue his attack if at all the boy was surprised and delayed in recovery he would land just infront of him and be able to bring the sword down on his shoulder then he could call the wolves to pin him down so he could finish with a final blow to his heart. The heart was the only way he knew how to kill a ice mage. in his land he had seen them freeze the wounds and become hideous monsters but their hearts were always the key "A heart of ice..." Hjaldi whispered to himself.

The wolves all began to howl again only to be cut ff by a howl grand fearsome, and terrifying all the wolves went silent. Hjaldi smirked. "Beruin god of the hunt is here. He has come from his cave to spectate this duel." Hjaldi was now back to his determined self despite the undeniable pain in his limbs. The wolves lunged in new vigor to prove their worth to their unseen master.

Wicked Basket

Cryce had not been expecting his ice shield to shatter, so he didn't have much time to dodge Hjaldi's sword. The sword skimmed down his shoulder and chest. To make matters worse, wolves were coming after him now. Cryce raised himself up out of the reach of the wolves with a pillar of ice. He then leapt from the top of the pillar over Hjaldi's head, flinging icicles as he went. The ice spikes receded where he landed. Cryce froze his wound shut just like Hjaldi predicted he would. He needed a plan. A second pillar of ice shot forth from the ground at an angle in order to pin Hjaldi against the pillar that Cryce had raised himself up on. He would go off from there.

Bringer of Fenrir

Raising his shield once more to block the on coming barrage deflecting them with reletive ease. Hjaldi watched as Cryce jumped over him landing safely in a new spot a safe distance from him and yet not from the hundreds of Newly roused wolves. Three jumped at the boy from behind all of them eerie and silent in there movements.

Hjaldi saw as the pillar of ice seemingly trampled through the distance, Hjaldi had little time to react and not enough for Hjaldi to dodge he would have to take it and hope the wolves had done enough to the base of the ice dome. Quickly Hjaldi moved side ways and holding his shield same as him as the fist of ice collided with him the shield acted as a stopper. and a spear as well. Cracking the wall of the dome shattering it, Hjaldi's shield was done though cracked. He need new materials to fix it later. And his rib was now broken he would need to change his plans again.

Hjaldi stood up since he was knocked through the ice he saw that Cryce had frozen the wound shut. Hjaldi knew what he needed to do now... Not wasting time Hjaldi began to remove all his armor. Chain mail. his greaves everything until he had only his pants, bots, and a simple shirt. After which he dug into his satchel he had with him and took out a small aether vile, drank it. Pain floated from his body he would need to react fast before the pain numbing vile was up because he would need both his arms for this.

Stretching out Hjaldi went over picking up a dirk which he had threw at Cryce before and his sword which was the first of his barrage. putting the dirk in his mouth Hjaldi started after the boy jumping up at a inhuman rate and speed lunging forward beeds of blood danced through the air from his arm and other small scratches and cuts he had suffered from getting knocked through the ice wall. Hjaldi was now more serious then before he was almost something else. Eye's burning bright, nostrils flared at the scent of blood, muscles tightened at the anticipation of what was to come. although his jump was inhumanly far he was not close enough and his body began to drop as he did Hjaldi kicked at one of the larger spikes in the area sending himself again into the air in a odd direction.

Hjaldi did this twice more then he was finally close enough to Cryce to strike lunging at him. Hjaldi made sure that he was in the prefect area. The side that the boy had just frozen and sudden movements from that side would cause the ice on the wound to crack causing more pain then before and a bigger wound because of it's frozen nature. Hjaldi thrust his two swords forward. "i won't kill i refuse to kill him he is good, but maim yes i will do that he can heal from a maim." Hjaldi thought aiming the tips of his blades one for his arm the other a thigh.

Hjaldi closed in letting a guttural growl through his teeth Hjaldi went in for the strike. blood now seemed to boil and stream from his wounds.

Catchmyfallingtears

The small woman sent a ring of fire around her body causing the icicles that had been about to impale her to melt and left her shielded as she watched the grudge match before her. She nimbly moved around the circling wolves and stood before her tavern, her wall of fire following her. The fire that circled her radiated head yet did not burn anything besides the stray chunk of ice that would fly towards her.

Wicked Basket

Cryce saw the silhouettes of the wolves coming from behind in the ice and ducked under their lunge. One man against another man and several hundred wolves was not very fair, even with his magical advantage. His opponent went flying through the air again, but with purpose this time. The man was heading straight for him. Cryce simply erected a wall of ice covered in spikes for the would-be acrobat to land on. He was sure to make it good and thick so that he wouldn't break through this time, but the wolves would still be a problem, especially since some of them were intangible. Also grossly unfair.

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjadi flew through the air with deadly purpose, as he lunged for the boy he saw the ice wall being erect. Hjaldi smiled he knew he would do that and was ready again Hjaldi's threw a sword straight into the wall as it hit it's target the spikes of the area shattered! Spinning Hjaldi's dug his feet into the area he had. Leafed grabbing his sword again with minor difficulty and lunged upwards and over the wall.

Hjaldi's was glad to see the wolves had been a burden although only a few could take actual shape in the world almost all the rest were no real threat to Cryce only a distraction. Which Hjaldi see. Had worked! Hjaldi continued his attack landing infront of the boy again on his weaker side with the wound. All the wolves howled in triumph of there ambassador.

Hjaldi lunged then haulted just as the dirk in his mouth pressed against the cromancer's throat. "Conseed you fought well but it is done. You have proved me wrong you are no boy and neither an old woman. But" Hjaldi continued "I have won..." Hjaldi's eyes focused on his opponent. Hjaldi had the boy in a pin. Dirk at his throat one sword pointing in his belly and the other angled on his back. After a few seconds Hjaldi withdrew carefully ready again to attack if need be

Wicked Basket

Cryce merely smiled wickedly in response to this man's claim of victory. He wasn't done yet. He had one more trick up his sleeve. He flash froze the man's feet to the ground and then touched him the gem at the end of his staff, freezing him solid. Cryce pushed the statue over and slid him across the ice to be broken free on impact with a nearby building. A box of ice with two-foot thick walls formed around Hjaldi. Spikes formed on the inside of the walls, threatening to extend and impale him at a moment's notice.
"You will be the one to conceed," Cryce said. "One false move and I'll turn you into a pincushion."
Cryce smiled as he tapped on the gem at the end of his staff. He, however, did not freeze solid upon touching it as Hjaldi had because he was a master of ice.

Bringer of Fenrir

A laugh let up from the box. "Well done boy but you forget the wolves and I are family one I the same!" Hjaldi kept talking his voice stretching out through the ice "you have fought well as I had said but still I am the victor!" As he shouted the first wolf that revealed itself walked I to sight again larger then the rest black fur in stark contrast to the burning light blue eyes teeth bone white. The wolf lunged for the Cyromancer. "Meet the Alpha I call him Fafnir meaning ghost ripper in my tongue..." Hjaldi's unique name was a clue to the hopelessness of defending against the beast.

Circling Cryce the wolf would lunge and halt at random. Until a sharp pain ran though he cryomancer's arm. Hjaldi had buried the dirk from his mouth deep into the boys arm! Hjaldi stood bloody and tired for what had just occurred he had escaped the box delete my unscathed few new cuts across his chest and arms. "You may think you a master of ice but I have lived in storms that make you seem as a summer days wind. On further inspection again Hjaldi had him. I. A similar hold as before only now a blade was pressed to the back of his head and spin while the other in front of his belly

"Now I say to you conseed..." Hjaldi stood at the ready if need be he would kill him no longer playing Hjaldi knew he was a mischievous mage and at first sign he would plunge his sword through his neck. As well as Fafnir directly in front of him ready to rip his throat if any move was made to kill Hjaldi

The ware on Hjaldi was able to be seen and he knew it and was ready to just kill him and end it but he. Luke be a grand ally Hjaldi thought so if possible wished to keep him alive...

Wicked Basket

(OOC How the hell do you escape a solid box of ice with two-foot thick walls?!?!)

Cryce was dumbfounded. How did he escape that box? It was impenatrable. Well, it was suppose to have been. Cryce was not very fond of having a dirk in his arm. It's not that he hadn't been stabbed before, it's just that Hjaldi had been holding it with his filthy mouth. Funny how such trivial things can bother you even when your life was being threatened. The man demanded that he concede again, but Cryce doesn't work that way.
"I didn't come this far to concede," Cryce said fearlessly. "But there are things I have yet to do in this world. Whether I live or die is not my choice to make at the current moment, seeing as how your little puppy dogs are everywhere, but I will not concede."

Bringer of Fenrir

((OCC I actually hinted in the post and I was hoping to leave that for a big battle to reveal it :P))

Hjaldi drew closer twisting the blade in his arm. "Give me your word the duel is done then!" Hjaldi had lost his humorous side completely what stood there was now a true man of war. The wolves drew back to the fog lest a few dozen. Stayed there form seemingly becoming more physically noticeable.

Wicked Basket

Cryce's face contorted with pain, but he made not a sound.
"Only in death will I concede," he panted.
Cryce pulled out the ring from beneath his shirt and held it up with the arm that was not currently occupied by a dirk.
"If you plan on killing me and are open to final requests, I only ask that this gets taken good care of."