Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hearthfire Tavern (Open)

Started by Catchmyfallingtears, January 13, 2014, 08:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catchmyfallingtears

Lorelei ran forward, not being able to stop herself and watch from the sidelines anymore. "Please men don't shed anymore blood over this. You are both very powerful and have shown each other that." Her voice was strong as she hoped and prayed that they would stop this and that the world would not loose at least one strong man. Her flame circle diminished as she moved closer, her hands were slightly outstretched as she showed that she ment neither of the men harm.

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi stood at ready pushing this time his sword at the back of his neck. Fafnir drew closer snarls excepting the maw the beast as now it was level with Cryce own face. Yet it was not hot but cold air that rushed against his face. "I did not say concede I said say that this duel is done at least for now."

As he drew out the ring Hjaldi stood ready again now all three blades moved twisting the blade in his arm hard making him buckle and fall knees to the ground. "What sorcery do you try now..." As he heard the words from Cryce voice. Hjaldi replied I a manor of curiosity and caution. "How about we heal ourselves clean up and have a drink together. You can explain why death grips you as it does I. And possibly we may achieve yours as well as my goals?" Hjaldi asked... Still ready to kill him if need be.

Wicked Basket

"This is no sorcery," Cryce managed through the pain. "It is my fiance's ring. It is my most valuable possession. You should also know that I don't drink."
Cryce could feel how wet his sleeve had become with Hjaldi twisting his dagger around like he was trying to get the cork out of a bottle. He could have froze it shut, but he didn't want to prompt Hjaldi to do more damage.

Catchmyfallingtears

"Come into the tavern and let me get you two patched up. You might even enjoy a drink sir." She said moving closer again until her hands touched both men's arms. "You both can rest in a back room and gather your strength." Her sapphire eyes darted back and forth between the two men. She felt sorry for the younger man and could hear the pain in his voice when he said the word fiancé, reminded her of her fathers voice any time he would utter her mothers name. "Drinks will be free of charge and so will the rooms if you both come now."

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi shocked that this boy so yung was he had a fiance... dead at that .. drawing back letting go of the dirk with is mouth stand straight up sheathing the swords placing his hand on Cryce's shoulder. "Hold on boy... this may hurt..." drawing the dirk from the arm Hjaldi quickly grabbed the wound squeezing it then tearing a piece of cloth for his tattered shirt binding it so the blood would slow down til they got to the inn. Hjaldi looked at the maidan. Truly she was beautiful Hjaldi could see now she was no dwarf just smaller then him .. much smaller but her passion burnt through in her eyes.

"No Milady i will pay for it all..." Stumbling over to his satchel he reached into his bag and tossing her a bag of coins. Looking back to Cryce hjaldi replied. "Then i shall drink and you may do as you wish but i wish to hear more ..." Hjaldi collapsed onto the ground struggling to keep himself up he laughed and pain ran across his face. "I haven't done that in ... well more then i care to admit... you young warrior have proved your metal and magic to me i see you as a man and equal in combat." Hjaldi inclinded his head in respect to Cryce.

Shaking as he tried to stand Hjaldi struggled to gather his things... The wolves were still present though all following around Hjaldi howling but not in anticipation for combat rather as if they were merely there. As the wind would blow some would disappear, and then reappear ina slightly different location as if they had continued moving even though they were not seen.

Hjaldi stood up with difficulty obvious that the vile he took had worn off. "I acknowledge you as a Ice magi and fierce warrior, My name given is Hjaldi Wrothgarsson, ambassador of the wolves, last of my line and clan. And your magi-warrior?" Hjaldi asked in a resonating tune to his voice almost noble in a brutish way.

Wicked Basket

Cryce had never had anyone acknowledge him as a man and a warrior. His father never got the chance to before he was killed. His opinion of this Hjaldi changed in that moment. He was a man of honor, not like any of the bandits that he usually dealt with. Cryce handed Hjaldi his staff.
"You need this more than I at the moment," he said. "My name is Cryce Abzero. I suppose you could say that I'm the last of my line as well."

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi hesitated then accepted. "My gratitude... Ah so you too had your family taken from you as well as a fiance... Truly death has her hold on us like a child and it's toy... Come Lets talk inside where i may sit ...and stop spilling my blood on the street." Hjaldi tried to laugh but ended up coughing. Seeing the surprise in the boy's eyes, Hjaldi watched as new respect came to him. Hjaldi relaxed instantly.

Rushes of pain washed through his body collapsing onto the ground Hjaldi gripped the staff helping stop his fall partially. "Ah the rewards of battle. Hjaldi stumbled into the tavern sitting down and wincing as he noticed he had a cut on his rear causing discomfort to him slightly. "I may have lived in a land of Ice but your's has some bite to it." Hjaldi winced as he winked at Cryce in a jokingly manor.

"Tell me Cryce?..." Hjaldi tried to compose his name in his tongue which was hard for his heavy accent of his lands. "What is your story?..." Hjaldi intently listened trying to ignore the pain so he could listen.

Wicked Basket

"My story," Cryce repeated thoughtfully. "When I was young, well younger, I lived with my family in Hyoite. We didn't have the most luxorious existence, but we were content. I had just gotten my first job and got engaged to my childhood sweetheart. We had been together a little over two years by that point."
Cryce pulled out the ring again and turned it over thoughtfully in his hands. He couldn't help but smile as he remembered the look on her face when he had given it to her. Memories such as that were the only thing that could make him smile anymore.
"I was coming home from work one day and.....and I......I found them in the backyard. My mother, my father, my kid brother, my kid sister, and my fiance. They were...."
Cryce paused for a moment to hold back some tears.
"All of their heads were mounted on top of poles. Five poles, all in a row, each with a head of one of my loved ones. Their bodies had been unceremoniously piled in a heap nearby."
Cryce pauses again for the same reason.
"A small blizard hit shortly after. I fell to my knees in the snow and just stayed like that through the blizard. All I had left was the ice and snow. I made a vow to them all. Over the next few years I studied nothing but the art of cryomancy. While my knowledge in other fields of magic are lacking, my mastery over ice exceeds all others'. I will find their murderers, and I will have vengeance. I will track them down to the ends of the earth and slaughter them all with the very same thing that they had left me with: the ice and cold."

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi listened As Cryce told his story as he mentioned Hyoite. It reminded him of home he knew of some men of his lands came down on ships to trade with smaller cities in Hyoite. and then hearing the story of poles and heads made him think of the dark elvish people of his realm as well as they did that to ward off people from their lands. Hearing all these things that had happened and how he turned his hate and malice into a weapon of cold fury... truly fearsome. With what Hjaldi had seen the joy in his face and misery as well... The suffering he had in his eye's...

Hjaldi hesitated for a long moment after listening to his story "I guess it is only fair you know mine... If it is hard not to hard to believe i was a noble in my lands.." Hjaldi laughed "Well sort of  ... you are right i am a barbarian but we call ourselves Fjeltics. Far to the north past Hyoite beyond your maps... We had lands and had a large Clan we were known as the Verde Ulv clan the wraith wolf clan... I was too young to know the true reason why but one night i awoke to my families bodies over top of me all dead.. theygave themselves for my life... But they weren't done with onl killing my family they cursed them bound them to this realm." Hjaldi told his story as he did the pain from his wounds seemed to pale in comparison to the grief he had in remembering his family.
     Placing his hands onto his two swords. "These were my Fathers' blades. They have never dulled because of the craftsmanship i have never gotten as good as him..." Hjaldi looked up at Cyce with a new intent in his eyes.
     "Cryce... join me... come with me let us go out together and bring Winter and ice to this world we shall find your families killers as we shall find mine... what do you think?" Hjaldi was getting a excited yet determined look about his face moving forward to hold out his hand. Then wincing in pain as he remembered the wounds he had been given.

Wicked Basket

Cryce considered the offer. He had been searching by himself for years. Now, this man was offering a partnership to find the killers of both of their families. Cryce looked down at the ring in his hand. She had always told him that he should make friends. Cryce reached out to shake Hjaldi's hand, but winced because of pain also.
"Alright," he said. "But just one thing. When we find the murderers of my family, I kill all of them personally. It's what I swore to them that I would do."

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi smiled as they both suffered from this hand shake. "I would have it no other way." Hjaldi looked down and saw as they shook hands both his and Cryce's blood had mixed as they shook. "We are now blood bound brothers in combat... Little brother" Hjaldi smiled chuckling.

Letting go leaning back into the chair. "so you have any leads on your families killers?" Hjaldi asked as he tried to look for the smaller woman to order food and drink for them both. Hjaldi was tired and had troubles staying conscious at times the final moments of the battle had taken a huge tole on him and he was glad it ended when it did because he may have not stopped and paid a bigger price...

Hjaldi Thought He had seen Cryce also waver a bit when they shook hands but he didn't mention it.

Wicked Basket

"I've had countless leads," Cryce said. "All were dead ends. The one I was looking for was either dead before I got to him, or didn't know anything."
Cryce looked down at their blood mixing on their hands. Hjaldi had then said that they were blood brothers. It's been quite awhile since Cryce had had a brother. The proper thing to do in that moment would have probably been to call Hjaldi 'brother' in return, but Cryce couldn't bring himself to do it. He still missed his own brother.

Catchmyfallingtears

Lorelei had disappeared I to the back room as the men bonded and after a little bit she came back holding a basket on her arm and holding a tray with the bowls of hot stew, a tankard of mead and a class of cold water. It was quite a sight given that the tray was almost as big as she was but with the skill of someone who has done this all her life she gracefully walked with it. It took her only a moment to carefully pass out the items before she held up the basket slightly. "I can patch up your wounds if you would like me to." She said as she looked between them. The slender woman wasn't technically a healer but she had patched up many a man after a drunken argument before.

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi looked over to the Lorelei. She had bandages and all sorts of things. Hjaldi took the food first gulping down a mouthful of mead. "By the gods nothing taste better then a horn of mead after a fight." Hjaldi winced as some of the mead sloshed in his mouth and seeped down the sides of his mouth. Cyrce had a face about him as Hjaldi said little brother. HJaldi saw the sadness again obviously missing his brother. Hjaldi was intense in his stare looking at the boy.

Focusing back to the story in hand Hjaldi began again. "Your leads anything in common with each other? what of people... did they have connection even to the dead?" Hjaldi rolled his shoulder trying to ignore the pain from the cuts all over. The smell of his and Cryce blood permeated Hjaldi's nostrils, even though the blood had stopped the smell could still be smelt by Hjaldi. His eyes were sore also from lack of blinking during the fight... a bad habit he had.

As Lorelei Came to bandage Hjaldi and Cryce he couldn't help but notice she stared at him then would look down. Also he could not help but to look her over as well she was short but very beautiful... least that is what he thought now his head felt light moving it around quickly which made him a slight bit disorientated...

Wicked Basket

Cryce shook his head.
"The leads are always sort of random. I just ask around until I find something. The only thing the leads have in common is that they are always criminals of some sort."
Cryce yawned. He was very tired. He hadn't slept for about two days now trying to find anything he could. He didn't even notice Lorelei approach until he saw Hjaldi look at her. Cryce could tell that Hjaldi fancied her the moment he saw the look in Hjaldi's eyes. Cryce may have been young, but he knew what love was.
"Even you fancy her so much, why not say something," he asked softly so only Hjaldi would hear.

Catchmyfallingtears

Lorelei was set about organizing her items and didn't catch the spoken words between the men. She moved over to Hjaldi and carefully been cleaning his wounds and wiping away what blood she could with a clean damp wash cloth. As she cleaned she would follow with a simple salve, not the best in the world but it would keep infection out, before carefully binding the wounds. "If either of you need anything more to drink or anything of that nature please let me know and I will acquire it for you." She said very politely as she finished doctoring the larger mans wounds.

She then moved to walk to Cryce and started the same routine cleaning, salve then bandages. The petite redhead was focused on her work and didn't attempt to butt into the conversation and only let her eyes stray one or two times towards the large warrior before ducking her head again. She carefully finished her work then moved to replace the left over items into her basket before pulling out two smaller jars. "Both of these jars have a little of the Salve I have used on your wounds. You can take them so that when time to change your bandages comes you have some more to replace it."

She moved then to dispose of the bloodied rags before moving again to clean up the light blood trail that had followed the pair into the tavern. She hummed softly as she worked and absentmindedly once waved her had at the fire and adjusted it to the right temperature again. She worked thinking to herself for a few more moments before she looked over at the men. "It isn't often but we do have some interesting characters come in with," She paused for a moment trying to come up with the right words. "Grizzly stories about things that make even my skin crawl and I've heard many graphic things in my years as a Barkeep. You might have some luck just hanging around and listening in."

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi looked at Cryce, he was daring saying such a thing with the woman Hjaldi looked at drawing near. Hjaldi's eyes looked straight into Cryce eyes "We just bloodied the front of her tavern... i couldn't after that." Hjaldi looked at the woman as she bandaged him cleaning his wounds. He could hear the wolves still outside signalling to the skies of there existence.

Hjaldi looked back to Cryce as Lorelei Spoke to Cryce and him. As she spoke saying that people come into the tavern with stories made Hjaldi remember the inns in his own homelands. Fjeltland Hjaldi snapped back into reality quickly as he saw the smallish woman look at him quickly and Hjaldi realized that he was staring at her. "That is a grand idea milady, but we will need to find work then to pay for these rooms." Hjaldi continued. "Are there any posts for bounties or needs for a sword for hire around here?" Hjaldi looked to Cryce to see his reaction to his questions revealing he was a sell sword.

Wicked Basket

"Why not," Cryce asked. "If she feels the same way she'll forget all about it."
Cryce found it somewhat humorous that he was giving a man, much older than himself, dating advice. He then asked Lorelei about bounties.
"I've done quite a few bounties," Cryce said. "Earns me some money and gives me opportunities for interrogation."

Catchmyfallingtears

"I'm sure that I could rustle up some information about what bounties are posted and get back to you with them in the morning before the Tavern opens." She said after a moment of thought. "For tonight just accept my hospitality for at least taking your fight outside." She had a slight blush across her cheeks when she realized that Hjaldi had been staring at her but dismissed it as just a product of being in thought. She knew that she was past the age where men normally fancied a woman and she wasn't striking enough to change a normal mans mind.

"The rooms are normally just used for any staff caught here on a day of bad weather and myself so I assure you both I wouldn't be loosing out any money really." She spoke those words then moved to quickly finish cleaning up the tavern before wondering to the other side of the bar and pouring a tankard of ale for herself. She leaned against the bar slightly and let out a tired sigh. 

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi relaxed. hearing that Cryce had done bounty hunting before. "Alright then we need to heal up and then go find some bounties, have any high costing bounties around here miss?" Hjaldi Looked over to Lorelei looking straight into her eyes looking down in embarrassment. " i can fight armies on my own, killed a damned troll, and yet i cannot look a woman in the eyes..." Hjaldi laughed out loud at his out short coming.

Coming back to reality Hjaldi looked over to Cryce. in a voice low. "There will be a time just not now..." Hjaldi continued in his normal voice "I could also hunt some beasts and work as a blacksmith. But i prefer to use the blades not forge them." Hjaldi looked out smiling looking at his newly bandaged wounds and scars. 

Thank-you very much Milday, watching her walk over to the other side of the bar Hjaldi couldn't help but look as her hips waved, admiring her features. Looking back to Cryce he noticed that he was being watched by the boy, Hjaldi smiled lifting his shoulders "I couldn't help myself..." Hjaldi chuckled. "So what kind of work have you done exactly ?" Hjaldi questioned Cryce. "Stealth or outright assassination?" Hjaldi asked interested in his history.