Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hearthfire Tavern (Open)

Started by Catchmyfallingtears, January 13, 2014, 08:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Basket

"I've done everything from assassination to taking care of entire camps," Cryce replied.
When he saw Hjaldi watching Lorelei he couldn't help but remember his fiance. It reminded him of how he would always stare at her and she would ask "Are you staring at me?" which was usually followed by Cryce telling her that she was the only thing worth staring at. He really missed her. He really, really, really missed her.

Catchmyfallingtears

"I'm sure that we have had a few thief's around the docks and such that are of a good ranking on the list. There has also been a group of men who have been causing problems more on the outside of town, making it hard on travelers." She said before she drank on her ale then subtly she looked the larger man up and down again, her thoughts drifting for a few moments before she reeled them back in and looked between the men.

"We do have a blacksmith shop that probably wouldn't mind some help with Iron weapons and tools, Due to our race we are negatively effected by the metal so when outsiders need a tool made from it can be a slight hindrance." She rubbed a spot on her arm as she spoke, a scar that was covered from view but was a reminder of her hyper sensitive reaction to the metal.

Bringer of Fenrir

"And your race is?" Hjaldi was curious at the notion people being sick when dealing with metal. Hjaldi grew up around blacksmiths And metal he forged his first knife when he was only nine. "Well I think then we have us so e business to take care of that is Fter I have healed enough" Hjaldi grimaced at the pain that shit through.

"What are you going to do little brother?" Hjaldi had pinned hi as a combat brother and him being so much younger Hjaldi thought him his little brother. And he would fight aside him till his goal was competed or he was no longer wanted. Hjaldi was a man of honour and lived out every word he gave. Oath breakers were worse then theives in his eyes they had no sense of honour. Even brass were better then them. A sense of disgust for all men who lied and broke oaths rose in Hjaldi's mind but he pushed them aside he was with friends now. Taking the last bit of mead from the tankard he raised it up and sheepishly asked. "When you has time I would like another please?..." Hjaldi did not want to be rude but mead was one of his favorite drinks and he had not tasted the succulent taste in some time.

As he waited Hjaldi started talking business. "So I think I will go to the roads and deal with the bandits there as well as the blacksmith shop. I suggest you go to the docks little brother if there is any news of your vengeance i would think it would be in the docks and not on the roads. I will also keep my eyes open in the blacksmiths shop." Hjaldi had done spying before he knew what he was about to do and when they were all healed he was sure that they would both accomplish quite a bit, but for now they would sit and enjoy the company and earth of the hearth fire.

Wicked Basket

Cryce nodded in response to Hjaldi's suggestion to go to the docks. That wasn't a bad idea. First and foremost, he needed sleep. He hadn't slept for nearly two days, and then he fought Hjaldi. He was exhausted.

Catchmyfallingtears

"I'm serenean." She said at his question before chuckling softly and lifting his tankard to refill it. She moved quickly with practiced ease before carefully setting the full tankard back down. "Your rooms are just past the door to your left. You can pick the third door or the second." The petite woman herself was in the first room, closest to the main room so she could hear if anything was amiss. She lifted her tankard and took another drink before she let out a tired sigh and sat down on the stool behind the bar.

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi looked over to the doors and began to think of sleep and the warm embrace of the dreams he would have. Hjaldi loved the dreams he had most of home and the land of snow and ice he came from. How Hjaldi had missed home the cold wind and the warm fires they all gathered around in the main halls of their homes. "By all the gods that sounds wonderful, sleep ... Hmm i never heard of that race before forgive me my lands steel is needed for life so i guess that is why your race is not there." Hjald chuckled and drank again from his tankard.

"I will also interrogate the thugs in the forest just in case they may know something... But I and I am sure you do also need rest first i will speak to you in the morning." Hjaldi said with a look of understanding. Hjaldi lifting himself up with ease and went off to his room.

Where quickly he was in a deep sleep. Hjaldi stood among his own... Father, mother, brothers, and sisters. As well as many others from his clan. Walking through them he conversed about many things and yet nothing. Until at the very end stood a massive hall and a statue before it. bursting forth nightmares, and creatures ran forth attacking all things. Hjaldi and his family rushed forward but Hjaldi was knocked down and when he arose he was no longer with his family rather in the middle of a tundra wind blowing over his face cold like home... Closing his eyes Hjaldi lifted his arms feeling the wind then suddenly a massive Dragon landed before him dropping a carcass of a great bear, stag, and creature he had never seen before. Rearing it's head it shouted through him shaking him. Till he eventually awoke in a sweat... "I hear you but what does it mean?..." Hjaldi thought. As he drifted off once again.... Till the next day.

Wicked Basket

Sleep was an uncommon luxury for Cryce. This was partially by choice. As he slept, he dreamt of his long dead family and fiance. They all stood before him, asking him why he had not avenged them. Why was it taking so long? Did he not care about them anymore? Cryce awoke in a cold sweat. He tries so hard, yet always comes up empty. What was he doing wrong? Why was he so forsaken? Cryce sat awake on the bed for the rest of the night. He had only gotten a little under four hours of sleep.

Catchmyfallingtears

Lorelei had ventured to her room later then the men having cleaned up the kitchen and gotten most things ready for the next morning. The petite woman didn't sleep much, it was a bad habit of sorts that she learned from a young age. By the time the sun peaked across the horizon she was in the main room very carefully doing a few repairs, fixing a leaning table, nailing down a board on the floor that was sticking up. She was in clothes not normaly seen on a woman, leather pants and a loose shirt that a young male would wear  her hair was also braided and wrapped up right so as not to fall in her way.

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi was surprisingly well rested, after the duel yesterday and Hjaldi's hand being forced at the near end of the skirmish he thought he would have slept for days as was usual. He decided he would get up and eat then readdress his larger wounds. That woman she was odd any normal Fjeltic woman would have ran him through after all the blood he spilt on he tavern front porch. She was a odd one and so unbelievably shirt as well, Hjaldi knew that people in this land were shorter then usual Hjaldi himself was concise red shorter for his people. But she neared the size of a dwarf. But her beauty still was radiant as If she were still young as Hjaldi assumed.

Hjaldi stood up and adorned his clothes a white shirt slightly thick for keeping the wind off him, a leather vest that dropped down to just under his knees the vest had many straps and sheaths for knives and other weapons, and finally his brilliantly royal red coat with good embroidery on the sleeves as well as the front of the edges around the too covering the collar and trim of the bottom of the trench coat was a think fur pelt of a bear Hjaldi had hunted as a boy and his mother put on the trench coat the sleeves I'd just to his elbow and he ran he hands over it it was his favourite item since he was a child it had been his father's coat before his. Tossinv his long blonde hair back over top of his clothes as well as the two braids I his hIr he adorned his necklaces and trinkets and strode out his room with relative ease as his wounds were closed but not all healed as of yet.

Hjaldi paused looking at Lorelei seeing her wearing such clothes was ... Odd and yet they fit her I a sense like she could fight I them and be able to hold her own against a foe. "Morning milady was your night good?..." Hjaldi asked trying to be polite walking g up to the counter top. Placing his elbows on leaning against them to relieve so e weight off his still waking legs. "What does a man need to accomplish to have a full belly here ?" Hjaldi nested with her and chuckling. Looking down the hall Hjaldi asked again "Did little brother come out of his room yet?" Saying Cryce's name was far to difficult for the heavy Fjeltic accent Hjaldi carried he would just call him little brother Hjaldi concluded he did not seem to mind before.

Catchmyfallingtears

Lorelei looked up as the large warrior entered the main room and smiled politely. "I slept well, about normal for how much work I have to do. I'm sure I can scrape something together." She said as she stood up and wiped her hands on her pants before stretching slightly and walking towards the bar top. "Anything you particularly enjoy?" She asked leaning against the bar and still having to look up at the sitting man. "I do believe he is still in his room, I heard some notice earlier but he hasn't come out."

Her blue eyes studied him thoughtfully, taking in his wardrobe and little trinkets he wore. He was much larger then most men here and so much more rugged, she had seen many different kinds of men come through her tavern but none had caught her eye like this one. He had such a mysterious feel about him with from his wolves and fog to even his different accent. It was safe to say that she was curious.

Wicked Basket

Cryce was feeling very under the weather. After a long night of hardly any sleep, he picked himself up out of bed. This was one of the few times his staff was actually used for its intended purpose. Cryce splashed some cold water on his face and then dried off with his cloak. He then walked out to the bar where Hjaldi was already sitting. He plopped himself down on a stool next to Hjaldi without thinking and sighed. He hated those damn nightmares.

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi looked over slightly surprised at how quiet he was looking back to Lorelei he replied "Anything will do as long as there is meat in it." Hjaldi commented then on Cryce "Rough night little brother? dreams haunted you too ?" Hjaldi also having bad nightmares questioned his companion. "Seems like the night evaded all of is a full nights rest." Hjaldi looked outside listening carefully, then returning to them.

"Milady would i be able to get a horn of that mead again?" Hjaldi held up a drinking horn he had strapped to his belt in the back of his trench coat. "I have so missed the home taste of mead and this is the closest this land has to offer." Hjaldi meant it as a compliment but as it came out it sounded much worse then he wanted it too. he looked down in embarrassment..

Wicked Basket

"You could say that," Cryce replied to Hjaldi's question.
Cryce took the gem off the top of his staff and simply held it in his hand and concentrated. He did this at least once every day to keep his skills sharp.

Catchmyfallingtears

Lorelei chuckled lightly at the warrior "Nothing can top something that is a favorite from home. Although remind me tonight to fetch you something that in my opinion is even better then this. It's from my own personal stash." She said before fetching him some mead and Cryce a glass of water and then disappearing back into the back room. The Redheaded woman worked quickly over the stove and cook fire before returning back to the main room. She held two plates they both had generous helpings of scrambled eggs and sliced ham along with a few biscuits. "It's not the best but it's as good as it gets until I can make a trip into town and do a little restocking. It's been a bit tight around here." She gently set them down infront of the men and moved down the bar a little ways to finish polishing a few glasses that she hadn't gotten to last night. The petite woman almost never seemed to stand still, always having some task or another to do.

Bringer of Fenrir

"I will be sure to do that later." Hjaldi was curious about what other drinks she had in her private stash" Ah thank you it will be more then sufficient for my taste I am not picky." Hjaldi spoke as she handed him his plate of food "Ah same. Beyruin gave me a vision... And I have no idea of the meaning..." Hjaldi looked out the window thinking of how he wanted to get out and get some coin again in his purse again.

Wicked Basket

Cryce lazily reached over and pulled the other plate to himself. He was in deep thought in addition to being tired. It was made pretty obvious by the fact that he pulled the plate to him, but didn't go any further. His mind involuntarily going through past events of his life.

Catchmyfallingtears

Lorelei smiled at the larger warrior for a moment as he dug into his food before she looked over at Cryce. "Would you like some coffee to help you wake up?"She asked the younger male kindly "It gets me moving every morning when sleepless nights and dark thoughts plague me." Then little woman was a very strong hearted person but dark thoughts got to everyone and she was no exception to that fact.

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi noticed Lorelei staring at him, but chose to rather continue eating his food which was better then it looked. Hjaldi was not used to eggs and biscuits he was raised on fish potatoes meats and few veggies, but meat was a large portion of what he ate. After finishing his meal he sucked back the last bit of mead from his horn and placed it back into it's loop behind him on the back of his belt. Then he withdrew a knife slender and quite long and began to pick at his teeth with it clucking his tongue and humming a tune, mumbling words in his native tongue singing to himself. Hjaldi always did this as traditions were a large thing to him and he also did not wish to loose his heritage and his clans memory.

"Eat little brother you must regain strength how are you to fight looking like that?" Hjaldi snorted as a joke and also advice. "I know it feels like it may come back up but you will feel better I'd you eat." Hjaldi pushed the plate close to Cryce. "Coffee? I have heard of such a drink is it an ale." Hjaldi obviously was not of this land.

As he began to ask about the coffee Hjaldi stopped looking outside and listened again this time for several minutes then returning to the conversation. "Sorry old habits die hard..." Hjaldi tried to change the subject quickly.

"So how fast does this poultice take to heal sounds such as ours?" Hjaldi rubbed a bit onto a small wound he had not redressed as of yet. After he was done he looked at the wound, as if he were going to see it heal momentarily.

Wicked Basket

Cryce was pulled back into reality by the sounds of voices speaking to him. He noticed the food in front of him and started to eat, but he still wasn't entirely with it. He had also completely missed everything that was said to him. He had only been aware that he had been spoken to, and had no idea what was said. He honestly didn't care either way. If it was important, they would repeat it.

Catchmyfallingtears

Lorelei chuckled softly and even though the younger man didn't respond she carefully set the hot mug infront of him. "Drink up hun." She said before looking over at Hjaldi. "Coffee is a strong drink that provides energy, It doesn't have any ill effects like a hangover or change a persons personality." She leaned against the bar and bit her lip lightly as she thought. "I do believe that most of the smaller wounds should be gone within a day or so, the larger ones will take about a week. Sorry it isn't a magical substance, just something used for if a cook gets burned or whenever I cut myself on a broken glass." She gave him a sheepish look before looking down at the bar.