Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lucky Seven!

Started by visualspice, January 31, 2014, 12:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This thread takes place after this one.
-------------

It was known throughout this side of the land that a certain Lady Atrid was a fan of quite the unique gold sculptures- and even had a naked statue of one of her husband's in her gardens. Aside from the obvious eccentricities, this woman's land was run atrociously, and the people were starving. So it was nothing far fetched when the infamous 'Seven of the Sea' (though such a title was granted towards his robin hood activities on the ocean), now found himself traveling on land at his lonesome,- and had over heard this conundrum!

Not a man to remain idle, naturally he promised to help, and with word coming through town the Lady Atrid had a new jeweled statue coming up from Essyrn- (it was said it was made of pure gold and fashioned after her late parrot, Heraldo, and the jewels encrusted on it alone- cost a pretty penny- the sort of jewels that came from money that could feed an entire town for years...)
Well.. having this information at his disposal, Gherrick (the more proper name of 'Seven' the thief) had already decided what he was going to do. So he was biding his time in the small little town of Abberdale and waited for the caravan to come on through.

He was eating an apple, crunching into it's sweet center when the colorful parade of knights, guardsman and flags were seen sparkling across the arid streets. Yes, it had been quite a long month, with no rain fall, the crops were failing and here their Lady patron was- sitting up high upon a plush chair within her carriage, while the jeweled case that housed the equally over jeweled parrot, remained in the carriage just behind her own-
and there she sat, pretty and stroking her little, fluffy white lap dog (who most dubbed a 'yap' dog for it's incessant barking), was munching delicately on a gold and rubied bone.

Smiling as he watched the procession, Seven knew it was time to act. Taking one more bite of the meaty apple, he drew his arm back before tossing the apple into he air- and with such precision and skill, the apple scored a direct hit to the epic and tall black, towering wig Lady Atrid now wore-a nd upon impact, the rows of silver strung ornaments in her hair began to chime together before the entire monstrosity of a wig began to fall.

The yelp confirmed it- as the wig went down, taking out the spoiled dog and rendering it useless, and a shrill cry from Lady Atrid had all of the guards running her way. None of them knew what to make of it, but it seemed all eyes were upon her-

Well this just made it too easy. Slinking up behind the gaggle of guards, Gherrick strolled right on over to the gilded chest, and even took some time to admire it's polished surface. He'd steal the golden chest too,if it would not be too awkward to carry. My, what a pretty penny it would be worth though! But he had a job to do, and that required a more realistic get away, and with a flick of his thumb, the treasured chest came open and there, laying witin the bottom of soft, sky blue velvet padding, lay the most ornate gold sculpture of a bird Gherrick had ever seen.

It was a parrot, a macaw to be more precise, with glittering rubies for eyes outlined by vibrant, deep blue sapphires that even put the cerulean blue color of Gherrick's eyes to shame. Even the feathers were made of pastes constructed of precious jade. Hefting up the parrot in hand, it was only then the guards noticed the intruder.

"HEY!" barked one ferocious guard as he hefted a spear Gherrick's way. "STOP, THIEF!"

Glancing up at the knight, 'Seven' only smirked and gave a shrug of his shoulders.
"Sorry, can't do that!" he informed with a laugh, and the moment the guard barked the order,
"SEIZE HIM!"  Seven was already off and running. The narrow streets lead to even narrower alley ways which was easy for the lithe and fast pirately thief to navigate. And it was easy to detect just how far the guards were behind him as their metal armor clanked together as they ran.

The chase went on for quite the while, the guards fervent in their chase while Gherrick got the slip on them when he ran through a laundry house, though the moment he stumbled out the back door, they were making chase again. The house next door proved a bit more of a challenge, for Gherrick's sudden scream rang out as he practically fell out the back door- his clothing was now half falling off and lip stick stains were smeared all over his face, neck and chest as the whores all giggled nad watched the handsome red-haired man run away.

Unfortunately, the giggling whores gave him away and Lady Atrid's men were hot on his heels once more. The next place he found some semblance of reprieve was a bakery- but his run through the small shop was ill timed and had the baker's wife dropping an immense bag of flour that filled the entire room with white. Coughing as he stumbled outside, Gherrick wiped the flour from his face and gagged out the flour in his lungs. BUt again, that alerted the guards far too easily of his location, and now- appearing stark white from head to toe because of the flour that now sooted his body, Gherrick was once again scrambling for a place to hide.

Abberdale wasn't a large town, but thankfully there was a large stretch of stables to the North, and scrambling into it, he found himself with no time to steal one of the horses- though such a thing would hve been nice! The guards were just too close at his heels. Rounding the corner, he made a sharp turn and tricked the guards, buying himself enough time to climb up onto the stable's roof. And once up high, he grinned triumphantly as winds from the Wester Highlands swept epically through his dark red hair.

Part of the fun of being chased was the point in the chase when you knew you were going to get off scott free, but the moment Gherrick was prideful in his victory, he made just the wrong step in just the wrong place- and the soft wood of the stable roof gave way with a crack- and down into the pig pen just below him Gherrick went- his face now eating sludge.

Gherrick lifted his face, and made a very bitter expression while the poor pigs, now frightened, oinked and scuttled away, about as fast as their little stubby legs could carry them- but it seemed, for now, as Gherrick pushed himself ot his feet and dragged the pig mess from his eyes, he opened one vibrant blue eye (that appeared even more vibrant due to the dark brown muck all over his face, arms, chest and legs...) and it was then his eye only confirmed that he had in fact, (for this moment anyway, ) thwarted the guards!

PLucking out the golden parrot from the mud, he leaned into his red bow staff and gave a laugh at the thing.

"You know, Heraldo," he began, giving the statue a light shake. "You've been nothing but trouble from the start." ANd he laughed a bit boyishly and used his sleeve to polish off the mud from it's gold surface. "I think you're going to make a lot of people happy." And with a polite bow and nod to the uncertain and stll, a bit witlessly scared pigs, Seven turned to make his grand exit out the back, only then finding himself slipping over the slop on his boots to have himself now fall into something as equally disgusting as the pig's mud when he landed in a soft pile of dried horse manure.

Pushing himself out of the manure, he gasped and flailed about in attempts to get the dried feces off of him, and was spitting it out into the street.
"Way to go, Seven- how unlucky, but lucky can you be?" ANd he looked down at Heraldo, the parrot now buried neck deep in the pile of horse poop.

Seven shook his head, then adjusting his black tie belt, he bent over to retrieve his golden (and now stinky) prize.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

zozee9

Elaina had been helping out a poor widow with all of the house chores in exchange for a place to stay. She cooked, cleaned, and, of course, took care of the animals. Then she'd go out into the town and try to help some of the lesser off citizens (which, it seemed, were aplenty in this small village) get things done. Once she was done with that, she'd return back to the house, do more chores, and help tuck the five little children into bed.

That had been her normal day in Abberdale for a week.

Fortunately (or so she hoped), it seemed like today wouldn't be a normal day. Elaina had been in the middle of feeding some grungy pigs when she had heard some guards yelling. And then a man broke the rotting ceiling and fell into the pig pile. Her laugh at his unfortunate luck and grimy face was muffled by the sound of the confused pigs, and she had quieted herself down by the time the pigs had (mostly) done the same.

Even as her amusement level was rising, however, Elaina knew he had to be the thief. There was no other reason for him to have been on the roof nor for him to be holding a golden statue of a bird. Should she report him? Probably.

There was only one exit to the stable and Elaina was running out of it before Gherrick would even have time to react. "Guards!" she shouted, shutting and locking the stable door behind her with a piece of wood. "Guards! Guards!" They rounded the corner of the stable, looking at her with concern. Fancy feathered hats, gold watches, and brand new suits adorned these guards. Clearly they weren't normal citizens.

"Oh heaven forbid, you must catch that, that, that scum!" Elaina exclaimed with big, bright green eyes. "Not only did he steal that gold bird—I assume he stole that?—, he had the audacity to feel my bosom with his filthy hands as he ran by! Please, you must get him!" Pausing, she took a deep breath and continued, "He ran north! Towards the mountain side... surely strong and noble men like you can catch him and bring justice to this land!" She pointed to her left and added, "He came by less than a minute before you guys. You must hurry!"

The guards, after giving her a curt nod, continued running in the direction that she had pointed. Once they were mostly out of sight, Elaina turned around, unblocked the door, and walked back into the stable. Now it was time for her to talk to the fool.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

Seven had barely managed to wipe the manure from his eyes (and spit what flavor of it out of his mouth) when a figure appeared just out of the corner of his eyes. His blue eyes shot to hers as he turned around with a start-
but then his stance eased up as he noticed it was a smiling woman-

Probably smiling at what sort of a mess he was! Sure, he wore overly fancy, silken blue pants and shirt, and a matching band tied around his head (something- most thieves and criminals could not afford to wear- nor might be stupid enough to)- but at her look, her gave a crooked grin and rose before bowing before the lady.

"I take it, it was you whom told the guards I went north?" he said, and as he was bent over, some manure slipped from his vibrant red hair and also his shoulder and landed with a SHMCK upon the ground, crowning the only remaining polished part of his black boots with sludge.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

zozee9

Elaina raised an eyebrow and shook her head as the man bowed and manure fell onto the ground. What a lovely gentleman he was. Even still, she couldn't help but smile at the ridiculousness of it all.

"Yes, that would be me. But if you don't tell me what you're doing with that golden parrot—which clearly doesn't belong to you, so don't even try that—I'm sure I could call those guards back in no time. Don't underestimate my ability to scream." The seriousness of her voice might have been combatted by the playfulness in her eyes, but she knew he would know her threat wasn't empty.

She had her suspicions about what had happened... but even Elaina knew that while she might want to make everyone into heroes, not everyone deserved to be made into them.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

"Oh, this old thing?" Gherrick said, and tossed the parrot a few times playfully up and down n one hand. "I stole it." And then, just as naturally, he added with a most serious smile. "Though I didn't steal it for me." Just in case she would get the wrong idea!

zozee9

Elaina watched as he tossed the parrot back and forth. She was half expecting it to fall back down into pig slime. But, sadly, he seemed to keep catching it.

Making eye contact with the strange man, she responded, "Then who did you steal it for? Perhaps your boss? Or some woman that you're crazily in love with?" The look in her eye hinted that she knew the real reason it was stolen for, however.

visualspice

Gherrick gave a boyish laugh.
"If I told you I'd have to lie to you, and I'd rather not lie to a lady," he said humbledly. "Though I must admit, this puts me in quite the pickle- considering I've gone through a lot of trouble to procure this parrot." And it surely was not to feed it gilded crackers!

zozee9

Looking him top to bottom, Elaina nodded and chuckled. "Yes, I can see that," she responded in response to his trouble. "And lie to me? It seems to me like there is no reason for that. What harm can come from telling a 'lady' the truth?"

visualspice

"Well, for starters you could get in trouble, my lady, for simply fraternizing with a man like me. ANd secondly, I'd hate to get someone so fair involved. It's a very tricky situation, and I'm sure the woman I stole this from would not hesitate to put anyone behind bars who might have accidentally even glanced at this shiny parrot with the wrong set of eyes."

zozee9

"Oh yes, sooooo much trouble," replied Elaina sarcastically. "How would I get in trouble for talking to you?I left my home long ago, so it's not like my parents could yell at me. I'm a wanderer, my good sir, and have communicated with people much more questionable than you."

Flipping her hair over her shoulder, she added, "And didn't I say not to underestimate me? I could get out of bars without trouble." Elaina leaned in closer towards him and repeated her question again. "Who did you steal it for?"

visualspice

Gherrick gave a nervous laugh, as he always got a bit nervous in front of a pretty face. He gave a sheepish scratch to his nose and shrugged.
"For the suffering towns folk that the owner of this parrot has been ignoring."

zozee9

A wide smile broke though onto Elaina's face as she mischievously responded, "I already knew that, I just wanted to see if you'd tell the truth!" And to make sure her initial assumption wasn't wrong. "But you know, giving that parrot to the towns folk won't do them any good. You're going to have to sell it first. And, no offense, but you don't look like you're in any condition to sell it right now. So I assume you have a plan?"

visualspice

Gherrick looked down at his dirty body with a laugh.
"I plan as I go!" he said, and began to look around the inside of the barn as the animals brayed and mooed.
"But.. you don't happen to know where a bath house might be? Or the closest route to a nearby river, perhaps?" And at such an inquiry, he gave a sheepish rub to the back of his head.

zozee9

Of course she did. Elaina always knew where water was. But that didn't mean he had to know that!

"I'm afraid I don't," she replied without missing a beat. "However, even if I did, I doubt you have clothes that look rich enough to sell such an object. How about you let me do it for you? I have... experience with dressing up, and I promise I could sell that bird without anyone questioning a thing." Elaina paused, then asked her question again. "So, shall I sell it for you?"

visualspice

"Forgive me for my bluntness, but I think you underestimate me, even as I stand before you.. er.. more or less covered in shit." But his smile bloomed as his blue eyes danced at her as he gave a shrug. "But I've been doing this for quite a number of years. You'd be surprised how tactful I can be in my... approach to getting the money for those in need."

zozee9

Elaina paused as a realization came upon her. She could have him help her with her predicament. That girl said she couldn't go in alone, right? What better person to bring in than a noble thief! He surely knew how to fight and hide, and maybe he'd even become a better person in the process. Yes, Elaina decided, he would be the perfect accomplice.

After a moment of calculation, she replied, "So you'd rather not lie to a lady, but you'd deny her simple demands? How rude. However, I don't think you're the only one being underestimated here. You are in the worse position, you know. I could go get the guards right now. Or I could tell all the potential buyers of that bird about the theft... and for those that might buy it anyway, well, I'm sure I could buy them off. I could even challenge you right here and now for that stolen treasure, in a duel. I have a fair amount of fighting experience."

Elaina took a step back, then started walking around the barn (but making sure to leave the pigs alone, of course!). "Of course, there is another option... closest river is less than a mile north. We can get you washed up, buy some clothes, and sell it together. Say it was from my grandma, a gift, per say, for our engagement. A story like that will be accepted without question, unlike one shit covered poor boy trying to sell it on his own." With a sigh, she added, "Or, because you seem to be lacking a sense of humor, just a normal man trying to sell it. I know you'd clean yourself up."

visualspice

Gherrick gave a laugh, it was a musical sound and his smile was boyishly handsome upon his face. His blue eyes shined as he stared at her.
"As much as a duel sounds lovely, my lady, I think I'd have to go with the bath option. But do forgive me for sounding so rude, I just am keeping my ladies safety in mind. But, if you have a plan to get me to a river, without... being seen, well, I'm all ears for it."
And his little gold bird, too!

zozee9

Shaking her head slowly, Elaina responded, "Do you have no idea of the land here? The town ends right past the farmhouse outside, so as long as we can avoid those guards I sent off earlier we shall have no trouble staying hidden." His comment about keeping her safety in mind amused her slightly, though she also felt as if she was being mocked. But with that smile of his... well, she just had to forgive him.

"Don't you dare sneak off, though," Elaina added pointedly.

visualspice

"Why on earth would I sneak off?" he said, giving a laugh. "I told you what I intend to do with this golden bird, and I am a man of my word. You can escort me, all the way there and back, if it so pleases you, my lady. But with the guards gone, we should not linger. Come, we'll take the back roads and loop around. And hopefully my smell won't draw the attention of any guards!"

Abberdale wasn't a big city, not by any means, and it didn't take the pair incredibly long to sneak and weave their way through it. Though Seven was more cautious when he made his way towards the more open road when they hit farm territory, he did not let that deter his jovial mood as he hummed while they walked. THe river didn't take too long to find either, and as the man sized it up, his smile broadened at the prospect to not only be able to clean his clothe of the filth, but his skin as well. But the silks he wore he was famous for. And he was not about to ruin them over some pile of manure, so turning to Elaina, he gave the woman a grin and handed her the bag with the bird, but before she cold take it, he yanked it away, smile broadening.

"Now, as you can see, the bird is still in hand, and I shall clean it along with myself when I take tot he river. But do not fear, my fair lady, for the river only runs one way, and I have no intentions on running- not when the loot is so valuable to these people. Now, make yourself at home. The river rocks here look amicable, and I shall be as swift as I can. But.. err.. yo might want to turn around. No sense in soiling a woman's eye when a man must remove his clothing. For modesty, you understand." And as he turned from her, he began to pull off his vibrant blue, silk shirt as he stepped out into the river, the bag with the golden parrot in hand.

zozee9

Elaina cocked an eyebrow at his comment about being "a man of his word". He was a thief. A scoundrel. A goodhearted one, perhaps, but that didn't make him an honest one. But she had been planning on escorting him anyway, so it didn't truly matter.

The humming was slightly annoying as they walked, but it was loads better than silence. Plus, she had heard much worse tune in bars. The river came in sight and Elaina smiled widely, looking at the shimmering blue waters. She then completely fell for his trick with the bird, reaching out to take it before scoffing at his rudeness. It took all of her will not to knee him in the stomach.

Scoffing yet again, Elaina replied, "Now, as you can see, the bird is still in your hand, and I am not an idiot. But do not fear, my foolish gentleman, for you need not to soil my eyes, and I have no troubles with shirtless guys- not when they are as delectable to one's sight as you are. Now, don't mind me. The water here looks beautiful, and I shall go wash myself as well. But.. err.. you might want to keep a check on your eyes. No sense in ruining the beauty of all other woman when you see a body like mine. For future sensuality, you understand."

Without wasting a second, Elaina set her hat on the ground and pulled off her green shirt, revealing the black corset underneath it. Her tight black pants were a little tougher to remove (since she didn't want to accidentally pull down anything underneath them), but she managed it nonetheless. Folding her shirt and pants, she set them right beside the hat.

Elaina smiled up at the sun as she took a few steps backwards. Then, setting her gaze on the river, she quickly ran towards it and dived in. Nothing felt better than letting cool water engulf her body.