Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The March to Ajhfeld

Started by visualspice, February 24, 2014, 02:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Basket

"That again,"  Jacen said with a small grin.

When she started eating and kept her eyes off of him he just decided to leave her alone. He didn't want to be too irritating. He didn't really have any food on him. Instead he was just going on what he had eaten for breakfast that morning, so it was good that he ate a lot.

visualspice

Igna peered over curiously at Jacen. She hadn't noticed him having eaten anything,a nd wondered if he had brought anything to prepare himself for such a journey. Peering down at her quarter eaten stick of jerky, she moved to break it in haf and turned to him.
"Do you have anything to eat?" Then she offered out the other half of it. "Here. Eat the rest of this. It isn't much but food rations are limited." But they all needed to eat.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

"No, no, it's fine," Jacen insisted. "I had a big breakfast. Besides, you need it more than I do. I've gone for a day or two without eating before. I'll be fine."

Though he knew it wouldn't be long until he started feeling a bit peckish, he didn't want to take any of Igna's food. She needed it more than he did. He had gotten used to limited food supply over his time with the resistance movement. Even when he was at home he didn't eat often because he was used to not eating often. And although he would need all the strength he could muster for combat, he wasn't going to take food from Igna.

visualspice

Igna gave a huff and stuffed the food into his hand.
"Just eat it anyways, alright?" And she turned away, pink cheeked. Did he have to be so difficult?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

"Igna, this is yours," Jacen pleaded. "I can't take this from you. I'll be fine."

Jacen tried handing it back to her, but she was awfully stubborn. He knew that he would probably cave and eat it anyway, but he still didn't want to take food from her. Just because she had some doesn't mean that she had a lot. That could be her last piece for all he knew. There was no way he could take it without his conscious kicking him in the head for doing so.

visualspice

When he tried to give it back she shoved his hand aside.
"From my duchy, you don't refuse gifts from a lady."

Wicked Basket

"If it was anything other than food at time other than this, I would gladly accept any gifts from you," Jacen replied. "But I don't feel right about taking food from you."

visualspice

Igna glared at him for being as equally stubborn as her, and she was about to put him in his place when she realized arguing wtih him over meat would do no one any good. So she released a hot sigh and folded her arms across her chest.

"Look just eat it. Rations are scarce as they are, but I'm not about to let a fellow soldier go hungry." And she gave him a look. "And don't correct me on that. As far as I see it, we're all soldiers here."
For they were a rag tag group of men and women, they were all unified for one cause- for one reason or another...
and as far as the definition of a soldier...

Well, each of them qualified for that as far as she was concerned- which wa sa view point that came a long way from when she first laid eyes upon all of these 'unique' men.

Wicked Basket

Jacen sighed.

"Fine," he said finally surrendering. "But it's not a gift. I'm going to get you something to eat in return at some point so that we're even."

He popped the whole piece of jerky into his mouth and ate it. It tasted pretty good, or least better than what he was used to. They had to be getting close to Ajhfeld by now. It was only a matter of time before all hell broke loose. Hopefully Igna would still be around after this whole mess so that he could return the kindness she had just done for him.

visualspice

"Good." She replied a bit huffily than intended, but she had won their little argument, didn't she? But then why didn't she feel at all victorious? Releasing an anxious breath, she turned to regard more of the men before deciding perhaps it was a good time to pen her sister. She only had a small nub of charcoal and a corpse piece of paper to write on, but as she moved to lean against a tree and contemplate what to write- the words alluded her.

Wicked Basket

Jacen couldn't help but smile a little. His sister might mock him for being bad with the ladies, but that had been pretty smooth in his opinion. Igna may have won the argument, but now he would get to take her out to eat. Not bad for having never asked someone out before. It seemed that Igna was now trying to write a letter, but was at a loss for words. Jacen didn't write any letters home for his family's sake. He didn't want anyone to make the connection between the sender and the receiver.

Jacen approached Igna and observed the charcoal she held hovering just above the paper. He guessed that this letter would be for her sister.

"Telling her that you're still in good health would be a good place to start," he offered. "Writing on a tree doesn't really lead to legible letters though. You can write on my back if you want."

visualspice

Igna almost broke the piece of charcoal, not thinking he would have bothered to approach her. Peering over her shoulder at him, she looked away and sighed at the paper before muttering, "And how do I know your back isn't worse off than this tree bark? It could be... lumpy."

Angsar's name, did she really just say that?

Wicked Basket

"Lumpy? How could my back be lumpy," Jacen asked with a soft chuckle. "My back is quite smooth I assure you."

Lumpy? Did she really just say that? Igna seemed to be getting awfully flustered. Was it still because of the impending battle? Or was he making her flustered? Was him making her flustered a good sign? Wow. I am bad at this, Jacen thought.

visualspice

She was pretty sure her face was red. Even her ears felt red, and she was at a lose of what to say.
"Er.. well... you never know," she said, trying to brush it off, only to find the small charcoal nub fall from her gloved hands and into the snow. Her face fell as she sighed, but quickly she dropped to a crouch over the thick snow and began to dig around for it.
"Shit." Did she really just lose her only charcoal piece!?

Wicked Basket

Jacen smiled again as Igna became even more flustered, but it quickly faded when she dropped her piece of charcoal. As Igna frantically searched for it, Jacen kneeled down next to her and plucked it out of the snow, for his sharp eyes had seen exactly where it had gone.

"It won't do you much good wet," he said offering it back to her. "If we dry it over a fire you should be able to write with it again."

We? Did he just say we? Why did he say that? If it's her charcoal then there's no need for him to get involved, so why was it 'we'? Hopefully things wouldn't get too much more awkward than they already were.

visualspice

Lucky for Jacen, Igna was too flustered to notice.

Igna sighed and just stuffed the piece of charcoal into her pocket.
"Too bad there are no fires," she muttered with a shake of her head. "Guess I can try writing my sister a letter later."

Wicked Basket

"We'll just make a fire next time we set up camp again," Jacen assured her.

There he goes with that we thing again. He really needed to stop that, but maybe he didn't want to.

visualspice

Igna released a sigh, which was almost like a groan.
"Who knows next time that will be. We're trying to make this a surprise, remember?" And as she stood there near to him, her eyes caught sight of something on the horizon and her brows knit together with a frown.
"Storm clouds... looks like we can expect more snow." And though while it would be a good means to hide an entire army, she did not look forward to travel in something that could be quite unforgiving.

Wicked Basket

"Well if there is a snowstorm then we'll have to stop and set up camp," Jacen tried. "Then we can build that fire  to dry your charcoal with."

visualspice

Igna frowned.
"I have a feeling we won't just set up camp.." and she peered over towards the Duke's tent before looking away, her eyes finding Jacen's before they dropped to the snow.
"Maybe I could just borrow someone's charcoal..." Not that she knew who to ask as she awkwardly looked around, for no one in particular.