Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Allow Me To Break The Ice

Started by visualspice, February 25, 2014, 01:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Blaith's lips split open into a forced smile.
"Exactly." He kept his eyes upon Artemis.
"So while some of us are immune to the cold, not all of us can be immune to the war." He studied Artemis for a long moment. "Tell me, how tired are you of this war? Or.." he chuckled. "Perhaps.. your kind it does not really affect?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Anadwen

"Tired of this war? Tired?" Artemis scoffed. For a moment, the wind grew stronger. "I'm a hunted prey... It should have happened a long time ago. It is only for good..."  He shook his head, clenching his fists.

"They had it coming. It's not possible to spend so many years in oppression. Off course it affects me, but in... A different way." A bleak smirk appeared on Artemis' thin lips. "I was a hunted prey for hundreds of years. Don't give me that look..." He raked his hair with his hands, revealing the pointed tips of his ears. "I'm older than I look. But I'm tired of this... This war is only for good. And they'll fail it, they won't be victorious."

visualspice

The sort of answer was what Blaith was hoping for as a smile of his own cracked across his lips.
"Yes, you certainly seem wise beyond your years."
His eyes flickered over the elf's form.
"So what do I call you?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Anadwen

"Artemis." he replied slowly, crossing his arms on his chest.
"What about yourself?"

He was aware of the dangers that revealing himself meant, but right now, there was no point in using an alias. In the end, name never mattered.

visualspice

"Artemis,... Artemis the mage." Blaith tested the words, and it was as if he were jabbing the other man, daring him on with the information he had. But he simply smirked and said nothing.
"Our meeting could have been of little consequence, but I suppose we may have met due to fate. Obviously, I am not a big supporter of those persecuting mages, but I can't rightfully tell you my name- however, my... cause, could use your... talents." And he was careful in choosing his words. HE didn't  want to let too much information slip out. THis was a dangerous game he always played. You could never be too trusting.

Anadwen

"Your cause." Artemis repeated. His cause... This man must be some noble that supports the mages, considering all the circumstances...

"What does your case require off me?" he questioned him. "I can do far more than freezing people, but I don't want to be shipped to a camp, or jailed, or executed... I guess you can understand the reasons." His glance turned dark and sharp, piercing the man in front of him like a spear. "You have to understand that I can't be really trustful to someone of whom I know nothing, hardly his name... Blaith."

visualspice

Blaith gave a sneer though he chuckled dryly.
"I don't trust so easily myself. But..." he turned away, staring off towards the river- his choice location to hide so many secrets. "There's going to be some noise being made- some action that will no doubt make this war get worse before it can get better..."
He paused before adding,
"I'm.. seeking out those who would not mind making some noise in order to get things done."

Graetus peered over at his cousin- why was he revealing so much and in a convoluted way? But he held his tongue and turned back to Artemis, to see what the mage had to say.

Anadwen

"That depends what do you mean by noise." Artemis frowned. "If it isn't something that would put my head on a high stake, then I might consider it."

He broke a branch off the thick, thorny bushes around. It froze in his hand, and he crushed it, making it crumble and shatter into a myriad of tiny pieces, spiraling towards the ground in the wind. What could this man want off him?

visualspice

Blaith gave a dry chuckle.
"Well that, I can not promise. But I can promise the support of an army of men."

Anadwen

Artemis raised a brow. "An army of men?" he said silently. An army of men... This man must be powerful. A military leader? A duke? A powerful mercenary?

He tried to connect his name with a standing that would fit, but whatever came to his mind seemed irrational... "I might know what you are, and I might not, but I assume you aren't any common rebel. A general? Duke? Noble?" he thought out loud, his gaze wandering around his surroundings and avoiding the man.

"Tell me more about that cause of yours."

visualspice

"Well men will die. All wars guarantee that," Blaith reminded. "But I'm growing more than tired of the shitty one we're stuck in."

Anadwen

"Most definitely. Men will die whether there is a war, or not, only the way of their death changes." Artemis replied darkly. He stepped towards the river, and onto its surface, which froze into a hard shell beneath his feet. Slowly walking into the middle of the stream, he stood amid the flow of the river on a thick chunk of ice before he realized it.

"There are things that need to be changed. Go to hell with laws." he growled.

visualspice

Blaith smirked over at Artemis's form.
"Well, if you're up for change- there will be an announcement held in the duchy of Turgall, in the castle square. It might be something your ears would be interested in listening to."

Anadwen

The dutchy of Turgall... Blaith...

All of a sudden, he turned his head towards the man. "Are you the duke that will hold it, sir Harmond?" he asked quietly, but his voice was cold and sharp.

visualspice

He said nothing to confirm or deny it.
"The announcement will be made  at the end of the week." And with that, he turned to leave.

Anadwen

Artemis's thin lips formed a crooked grin. It was almost sure that he actually met the duke of Turgall... He turned on his heel, and bolting in the exact opposite direction, across the river, he ran through the swamps, disappearing somewhere in the indistinct white.