Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Twilight Island

Started by pryatama aphrodite, March 02, 2014, 11:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryatama aphrodite

"Anzio-" she stopped short, realizing the ending to this conversation should she make a scene. It wasn't... All that bad. Perhaps a recovery day for him meant to be well away from her. God knows she wouldn't blame him.

She'd put men in situations that need mending, and always lacked actually caring for them. But this... This time was different. Who knew a runaway orphan, subjected to the life of a criminal for survival, would be the one to take apart the dam around her heart she always thought were indestructible. Filling the years of emptiness with feelings she didn't know existed. And now... In payment for all the love he'd given her, she screws him over... Twice.

One would say this is depression. Oh no, my dears. The world and situation itself was the very picture of hell. "Okay, love. You win, let's go back to the house," she relented softly. Feet steadily thumping the hollowed volcano in an eruption of booms and thuds. Her trail and mindset haywire. But surely she was capable of looking up to see if she was going the right way, yes?

It wasn't her lack of capability... It was her lack of trying...

Wicked Basket

Anzio could tell that Khainley's mind was still elsewhere, so he took her hand as they walked to provide guidance to her physical form while her mind wandered. He would never understand what it was like losing a loved one. He had never had any before Khainley, but he figured it must be pretty rough with how Khainley was acting.

pryatama aphrodite

She was tired and felt shitty to the point of no return, but was awake enough to feel the familiarity of his hand in hers, anchoring her to reality like one would do to a ship in rough waters. Ah, the perfect comparison...

In her minds eye, her father was more close then anyone would get. He understood her. He read her feelings and tended to them accordingly. He knew what made her tick. He was a practical soul mate, always there for her. Constantly saying he would never leave her when she would get riled up over a movie where someone dies to spare another's life. Back then, she was sane, innocent, and pure. A purified soul, with no shifting powers or shinigami (death) marks.

When her father passed, she grew into the newfound powers, using them to escape the abusive substitute the state of New York threw her with. Heartless bastards...

She was then reminded of a song...

All I need is a little love in my life
All I need is a little love in the dark
A little but I'm hoping it might kick start
Me and my broken heart
I need a little loving tonight
Hold me so I'm not falling apart
A little but I'm hoping it might kick start
Me and my broken heart

It was sung by Rixton, an artist she heard of in Brooklyn. The song's name... Me and my broken heart. Though, she suspected what Rixton was referring to anything but related to what she thought of it as. Reassurance... Only a little more, since Anzio had been supportive till the very end... Her end... To which, his heart was shattered. A climax never to turn back from. A cause that could've been prevented...

Wicked Basket

When they finally made it back to the house, Anzio led Khainley through the front door. She was still out of it. Anzio decided that the only way to wake sleeping beauty was by the kiss of a handsome prince. He didn't have a prince on hand, but since she wasn't actually asleep he figured that he would be sufficient. He kissed Khainley deeply and without warning to bring her back to reality.

"We're here," he said smiling softly.

pryatama aphrodite

She was shocked at first, and was surprise to find her hands in his hair... When did she do that? "So I see," she muttered. Pulling away with a decently bright blush heating her cheeks. That... Was still the only indication the grave faced demon of a woman was alive. She crossed the foyer barefoot, having kicked her shoes off upon their arrival. Unconsciously.

She padded to the kitchen, where Anzio's line of sight then cut his vision of her forms retreat, blocked by a wall. A narrow one at that. The door swung shut, and things cringed and clanged. Eventually, she emerged in pajama wear. A faded flannel loose tee shirt that read- Made in Brooklyn across the front, overlapping fuzzy bottoms. The color the darkest of blues, contrasting the almost stark white back ground to the shirt if not for her fathers constant wear of it. It was his favorite ensemble.

She rested the right side of her body against the doorframe leading to the dining room, where the kitchen branched off from. Her temple slamming against the wall, eliciting a grown from the brunette. She caressed the soon to be bruised area lightly before sighing. For the hundredth time, feeling and sounding exhausted... And suicidal if one were really looking for the hints to prove it. All you would have to do was look in her black pits for eyes. The pupil dilated so badly from internal pain, it swallowed the burning amber flecks in hose once lovely iris's.

"Hungry?"

Wicked Basket

Anzio walked up to Khainley and took her hands in his. Her eyes were filled with so much pain. He wished so badly that he could make that pain go away. He wished that he could make everything better and make Khainley smile again.

"Just tired," he replied. "We should rest, especially you."

Anzio caressed her cheek with his hand.

"You've been through a lot today."

pryatama aphrodite

Such a blunt description would amuse me if not for my state of mind as of late. I have to grip the sanity thread, pulsing with brightness if I have any inclination to get better... For him. I'll get better for him. And thus, a taste of her internal wordplay. None to intelligently spoken, but not as loose as previous Amaria. In the bar mere dimensions from their place standing where they were.

"I suppose we do." She couldn't halt the shiver that raked her spine as he touched her. Everywhere they touched feeling alight with electricity. Her face soon cleared of expression, even pain. The near blackness of the huge palace of a place casting eerie shadows across her face. Showing a glimpse of the person she never wanted him to see. So, to prevent any facial reading, she averted her eyes. Cascading down to the finely glossy tile flooring. "There's... There's spare rooms on all three floors," she said in monotone. Keeping the desperation to ask him to accompany her in her room for the soul purpous of holding him close, knowing he would most likely rather keep a safe distance.

After all... She was half demon... "If you need anything, you don't have to ask for it. So long as you don't steal any belongings of mine, too which the outcome would be my iron toed boot up your ass, I trust you with your own devices... I'll-" she started, neglecting to finish as she strayed from his grip and to the stairwell, engulfed in darkness. Her bare feet thumped instead of pounded each stair, and once on the second floor, she stepped right, pressing her back to the wall, sliding down it, and wrapping her arms around her legs.

The tears came fast and stained her cheeks. Having time to fully reflect, she played through the day in her head like a story she despised to see. Once finished, she could feel her mothers chastising. Her voice bubbling in anger, and spilled like the breaking of the Hoover Dam. Look at you. Pathetic. What lover are you to rob him of happiness? Just because you have problems, doesn't mean he is a stress receiver. If you know what's good for him, rdi him of your existence. You mean little to nothing, and he's to pained to see that. How could he understand love at such a younge age?

"But... He's twenty seven..."

All the more reason for you to separate. He obviously means nothing to you but a trash back. Tossing his feeling and throwing them down the shoot like they mean nothing. 800 years, my ass. More like a moody teen in need of therapy... Years of fucking therapy, she hissed, voice like poisin heating her blood.

Wicked Basket

Anzio went after Khainley up the stairs. Unless she specifically told him to, he wasn't going to leave her side for a second. He sat down on the floor next to her, put his arm around her shoulders, and pulled close. He knew that words would offer little solace, so he said nothing. He just sat beside her, letting her know that that was where he would always be; right beside her.

pryatama aphrodite

Despite her latest behavior issues, a little person inside her, one that just so happened to be her innocent counterpart, repeated the mantra: Mom has no power over who I love... And how I love them

When he sat beside her, she felt a wave of something warm enfold her form. She soon found it to be physical instead of metaphorical. He had embraced her in the darkest of hours, in near blackened night. Still not comprehending why the lights hadn't been turned on... Perhaps Ren disengaged the automatic switches...

She deranged her arms from he knees, and instead used them to circle Anzio. Amaria buried her face in the crook of his neck, tears having stopped at an unknown interval. Her hair was pasted to her cheeks, soaked from the confrontation her mother had so viscously presented. At least now she knew. She knew that voice spoke pure truth.

"I swear on the choir of demons, I am sorry. I never meant for any of this to happen." She was suddenly pleased her voice sounded normal. Soft and tenderly delivered, pouring animation. She was in the process of applying the proper medicine to tend to her wounded soul. Heh... Another perfect relation.

"I know I caused this... This... Whatever it is between us. I would call it a barrier, if not for the contradicting fact that this particular wedge seems... Unmovable. At least... I think it's incapable of being removed... But hey, what do I know, right?" She hugged him tighter, just then realizing how loyal he must be to have come to her when he carried the pain she had been mourning over all this time. "It's just... How do you mend a broken heart? How do you heal a shredded soul?" These questions were spoken in a barely audible whisper.

And she knew full well he didn't have the answers.

Wicked Basket

"You can't," Anzio replied softly, tilting her chin upwards to meet his gaze. "I'll just have to give you mine."

With that he kissed her, and then embraced her. As far as he was concerned, there was no wedge. Nothing would keep him from her. She was his, and he was hers. He would go through Hell for her, both ways.

pryatama aphrodite

"Anzio..." she whispered against his lips, not even bothering to finish. What was the point when they both could pre-guess the end and get it correct?

She shifted. Tired of being strong. Tired of bearing heavy weights she couldn't handle. Tired of keeping her feeling bottled up... Tired of lying awake all night greiving and scared. And though she could only take the physical form of the pink kirn, her personality stayed tucked within, while she gave her innocent counterpart the reigns for a while.

Now that she had the bushy tail of silk she missed, and the soft-as-a-cloud pink fur she adored, the kirn crawled intoAnzio's lap. Her body way smaller then before, and she still felt a little of te lingering pain. She curled against his chest, tail wrapping around them for slight comfort. And since she had turned back into kind khainley, she nuzzled his neck with her nose before controlling her voice volume.

"Hi again," she said, pitch higher, and pouring innocence. She was a different personality among the many that form the puzzle peices of Amaria. So, she was sweeter, and vouched for keeping Anzio safe, supplying fun, and showing love in all it's radiance. And right now, he looked unhappy.

Khainley brushed her lips against his temple, on his cheek, and finally reaching his mouth. "Anzio, I can see your upset... I know what happened... Please... Show me a smile... I know it's absurd for me to ask this of you, but I miss it. The... Happiness..." she whispered.

Wicked Basket

Anzio was surprisingly unfazed by how Khainley could switch between forms. As she crawled into his lap, he wrapped his arms around her and held her close to him. When she asked for smile, he ended up smiling in spite of himself and he peppered Khainley with small kisses.

"I love you," he said with that smile Khainley had craved.

pryatama aphrodite

Despite the request that, before, seemed unnecessary, she found herself bearing a smile of melancholy. Of course, she could tell the expression was forced on his part. A mere curve of the lips to satisfy her, when he was in need of it. She slowly tousled his locks by running a paw through his hair. It rested on his cheek, thumb caressing his cheekbone. Her eyes were inquisitive. Curious on how she should go about making him... At the very least, better. A bit mended. And then the idea clicked.

"Come on, love. Spare bedrooms, remember?" Then her next thought through the wrench right into her strategy. "Do you, uh... Wanna have your own room?"

Wicked Basket

Anzio shook his head.

"Nope," he replied simply.

The thought of his own room had never crossed his mind. He had never slept better than when he slept with Khainley, and at the moment he wanted, no needed, to be with her. He had almost lost her. The last place he wanted to be was away from her.

pryatama aphrodite

She nodded a bit. Standing, and pinching a tuft of darker pink hair between her fingers. "Let's get somewhere more suitable for comfort. This hallway is..." She looked perceptively through the darkness of the endlessly stretching walkway, a shiver clawing her spine. "Uh, l-let's just go."

She looked at her hands, refusing to acknowledge the shadows that frighten her. What was in there...?

Wicked Basket

Anzio stood as well and took Khainley's arm in his.

"Lead the way, my dear," he said.

pryatama aphrodite

She flinched. Then swallowed dryly, dragging Anzio through blackened corridors until mounting the second set of stairs, and stepping onto the lighter third floor. She walked down the hallway a bit calmer, and stopped at a room. Her room. On the door was parchment, folded in half. Neatly sealed with a red inked stamp.

She sighed and obtained said message before opening the door, and trending inside.

The walls were an even, glossy coat of violet with flooring of dark crimson. The drawer set, her desk, and desk housing her lamp was black.

Her bed was king sized. Comforter a silky shine of grey with intricate swirls woven in the middle. Marks that match those patterned on her skin. With soft material for the sheets under it, the color of the darkest caramel. And the pillows were stark white. The only light color in the room.

The bedroom branched to a bathroom housing tile matching the grey on her sheets. Marble counters the color of obsidian that match the bathtub. Last but not least, the toilet was the crimson standout.

Wicked Basket

Anzio was astounded when they entered the room. It was even fancier than that room at the tavern. He began walking around the room, examining its contents, running his fingertips along the smooth wood furnishings and soft bed.

"There's so many things in here," he said, his voice full of wonder.

pryatama aphrodite

She smiled shyly. "Yeah... Oh, um..." She cleared her throat, and made her leisure way to the back wall, gyrating her hips to avoid hitting the desk, and resting a hand to it's surface upon arrival. "There's more," she said dreamily, before balling her hand into a fist. The wall practically gathered in her hand, and she softly yanked.

It presented itself to be the illusion of a wall. It was, in actuallity, a glamoured tarp of cascading silk falling away and bunching at the bottom of a suddenly revealed bookcase. The entirety of the back wall was made up of shelves and shelves of books. ANd she turned to him, a knowing sparkle to her eyes.

"I know you can't read, and think you are to illiterate to learn. That is not true. These books," she said, gesturing to the expanded shelves, "are enchanted. At will, they will begin to read it to you. Giving tips in pronunciation, grammar, and what I like to call 'silent letters'."

She tapped her furry chin, and smiled a bit more. "An exapmple of the latter would be this. You are aware of the word 'know'. It's meaning a simple collection of knowledge about a subject. Did you realize that the word 'know' had a silent 'k' as the first letter? It's what separates the word 'know' from the word 'now'."

Khainley walked to the bed, and sat on it's edge, tucking her legs beneath her and propping her upper body on her arm. "Do you understand, or am I confusing you?"

Wicked Basket

"Why would there be silent letters," Anzio asked. "That seems rather pointless."

Anzio examined the books for a few seconds more before sitting down on the bed next to Khainley.