Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Up for Interpretation

Started by Alegretto, March 07, 2014, 05:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alegretto

((OOC: I'm leaving this pretty open-ended if you want to come up with some stuff about what's happening, but you don't have to either if you don't want to. I can always make some more specifics up.))

Ritskin sat on his favorite chair outside his house, watching the day go by. Ainu was as busy as ever, with Yoreiqi of all ages running and flying about. Some of the younger children who did not yet have jobs to do in the community walked or flew up to him.

They chattered in their native Yoreiqi, asking Ritskin to tell them stories of the high seas and foreign lands. Ritskin smiled and responded in the same language, using his throat to make the deep. tonal sounds.

He told them of a time when his merchant ship had been boarded by pirates, and how his brave crew had fought them off while he hid in a barrel. The event was based in reality, though Ritskin didn't include his own participation in the battle. In truth, the feisty Kobold had been on the front lines, using his pistols and leadership skills to help his crew win the day.

He kept this from them because the former sailor had spent years carefully cultivating a friendly and harmless, if slightly cowardly, image of himself for the village children. He wanted to be a kind uncle who could be trusted. The kobold was no saint, but he did his best to appear as one for the young boys and girls. It helped that he was the same height as most of them, though for a while his scaly exterior had made forming a rapport difficult.

He was reaching the tale's climax when he heard a commotion. It seemed like something was happening at the nearby docks. The ex-sailor spotted a large crowd forming around a foreign trading ship. Unfortinately, Ritskin was forced to cut his story short.

"Sorry kids, that's all for now, I'll tell you the rest later." He winked at the assembled children, trying to give the impression that he was intentionally leaving a cliff-hanger. "Now your Uncle Ritskin has to go take care of some business, so you kids need to run along."

A collective groan came from the group, but they knew better than to prod the stubborn old lizard. As the group dispersed, Ritskin stood up, stretched a bit, and then headed down to the dock. Time to figure out just what was going on.

Rhindeer

"Whoa, I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Tama said, leaning away from the foreign sailor that currently had him in his grip. He held his hands up in surrender, but that didn't deter the man, who looked bent on punching a dent in his face; he had grabbed Tama by the necklace with one hand and the other was wound back, fingers curled into a fist.

The man shouted at him and Tama flinched and shut his eyes as spittle hit his face. Then he cracked an eye open when the man was done, flashed a nervous smile, and gave a helpless shrug. "I...I'm sorry! I don't understand what you're--"

Tama yelped as the man shook him hard and he threw his hands up again, wings fluttering behind him, afraid of being punched. Oh spirits, it would be nice if he had the faintest idea what had gotten the man all upset, but there was a clear language barrier here, and he had no idea what he could have possibly done to upset him! He hadn't done anything! He looked up at the man again and then shot a panicked look around the area. The man's shouting had drawn a small crowd, and he searched those curious faces for a friendly one, someone that would help him. Because at this point, he was starting to believe the man was crazed!

A jerk on his necklace got his attention and he stared up into the man's face. "Uh...I...yes. I see you're very upset! Clearly! But...but uh..." He swallowed hard, and felt gingerly at his neck, at the man's clutching fingers. Maybe if he spoke very slowly?

"I. Don't. Understand. Yoreiqi? Do you speak--ugh, of course you don't! Does anyone speak Yoreiqi?!" He shouted the last part, looking out to the crowd, but all he saw were foreign faces.

And he wasn't the only one growing frustrated. The man was clearly losing whatever frail patience he'd had.

With a snarl, the burly man jerked him forward and brought their faces very close together, and mimicked him, speaking very slowly and deliberately. Then, with a sharp glower, he thrust his arm out and pointed.

Wide-eyed, Tama followed his finger to where a young woman was standing, a foreign girl with braided red hair and spots on her skin. The same girl he had been with earlier that afternoon. She blushed when their eyes met and looked away.

Brow furrowing, Tama looked back up at the man. He tilted his head, hoping to convey just how confused he felt. "I...what?"

Apparently that was the wrong answer, because the man roared something and shook him again.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Alegretto

Ritskin traveled down to the crowd, and worked his way to the front. There weren't a lot of people so it wasn't hard. He was confronted with the sight of a tall foreigner holding a Yoreiqi boy by his necklace. The teenager's bright wings were flapping frantically. This could be bad. So far it looked like the whole crowd was comprised of foreign sailors and traders, but if a Yoreiqi came along and got the long idea, this could be unfortunate. Normally the people of the islands are open and friendly, but they were also protective of their own.

The boy was calling for someone that spoke his language, and the man was accusing him of something, the details of which the kobold couldn't hear past the fellow's screaming. Ritskin stepped forward. "Sir!" he called out to the enraged sailor. "Sir I don't think he understands you. I speak Yoreiqi and Common, so I can translate for you. Why don't you put the boy down so we can talk this out. Please?"

((OOC: Feel free to have Ritskin translate for Tama so he and the sailor can talk. There's no need to wait for me to post for translations XD))

Rhindeer

The sailor swung around to look at the approaching man and his eyes widened at the sight of him. Clearly, he hadn't been expecting a reptilian humanoid. But whatever alarm he showed soon faded as he registered the kobold's words, and he sneered and spat off to the side.

Curious as to what was going on, Tama twisted as much as he could to look--and sucked in a sharp breath when he caught sight of the kobold. Spirits! Was it going to eat him?! His face paled. A situation that would be stressful otherwise became ten times scarier when you couldn't understand what anyone was saying.

"Oh, ya wanna be civil about this, d'ya?" the man snapped. "Fine! I'll have ya know I caught wind that this fuckin' weasel here touched my daughter! More than caught wind! I saw the goddamned hickeys!"

Tama cringed at the volume of his voice and was certain he was doomed, but then an amazing thing happened.

The kobold began to translate for him.

"W...wha?" He twisted to look at the kobold again. "You speak Yoreiqi? Oh, thank the spirits, thank you! Okay! Uhm. Please tell him that...uh...I'm actually really confused here! What is he angry about?"

The sailor sneered at that answer. He still hadn't released Tama and he tightened his grip on the necklace until the cord started to press into his skin. "Of course he's suddenly 'confused'. Fine, let's speak plainly. Did he fuck her?"

Tama blinked, glanced at the kobold, and then back at the sailor. Now he was even more confused. "Uh, well, yes? I mean, we had sex, and...I'm sorry, you're really scary-angry and I'm not sure what that has to do with anything!"

The sailor did not like that answer. "I knew it!" he growled. "I knew it! Bloody bastard, I'm gonna kill him!"

"What?!" Tama yelped, and began to struggle as panic set in. "Wait! Wait! Did I upset her?! Was I really just not good?! Is that what happened? I'm sorry! She said she had fun and I'm not sure why she couldn't just tell me this herself and--wait, don't hit me!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Alegretto

The sailor made as if to hit the poor boy and he started struggling frantically. This wasn't good.

Ritskin understood how the situation had occurred. It was common enough for the free spirits of the Yoreiqi to have casual sex with anyone they wanted to who was willing to reciprocate. This of course was very different from the usual Le'raana standards, where making love to anyone who catches your fancy is not a good thing, and is generally frowned upon. Especially by fathers.

Unfortunately, just because he understood the problem didn't mean he could fix it. He had no idea how to explain the culture gap here. He could translate, but he certainly couldn't force people to comprehend such fundamentally different ideas of what sex as an act meant.

Still, he had to try. Not to mention he had years of experience as a trader and negotiator under his belt. Maybe he could make it work. "Look, sir, this boy here comes from a society very different from yours, and you can't hold him to your standards. You and your daughter are in Yoreiqi, and things are just done a little different here. If she willingly had sex with the boy, than he's not particularly at fault. The two youngsters made their own choice, what part do us older folk have?"

The words sounded hollow even to the kobold's own ears. He didn't think they were likely to placate the irate sailor. Even as he spoke his last few words he reached into his robe for the hidden holster where he kept his ancient wheel-lock pistol. The gun was one of the first of it's kind, and it had cost quite the fortune to purchase thirty years ago.

That had been after his first big score on Yoreiqi, using his knowledge of the native language to beat out his competitors...

Ritskin had to shake himself out of his reminiscence. Now was not the time. The pistol was far outdated now, but it still worked, and he might be able to use it to threaten the boy free, if it came to that. He'd be bluffing though since there was no ammo in it...

Ah well, maybe the sailor would be reasonable.

Rhindeer

The sailor shot the kobold a withering glare. "Listen here, ya scaly little shit, I don't give a rat's balls about his society or whatever else you're tryin' to feed me! Now butt the fuck out and let me deal with this the way we deal with it in my society!"

He jerked Tama around as he spoke, which was painful, but it was also what saved him. By some miracle, it was at that moment that his necklace cord snapped.

Tama didn't realize he was free until he fell backwards onto his ass. For a second he just sat there, stunned, and the sailor stared at the necklace he held, equally stunned. But the moment lasted just a few crucial seconds before the sailor threw the necklace down and stalked toward him.

With a gasp, Tama bolted to his feet, snapped his wings open, and took a running leap into the air. His wings beat the air powerfully, he gained height, and for a second he thought he might get away--until he felt a hand close around his right ankle. He flapped his wings frantically and kicked with his other leg, but he was built for flight, not fight, and he was losing air fast.

Alegretto

Ritskin's words had as little effect as eh thought they would. In his experience, there were some types of people you just couldn't negotiate with. Angry fathers fit into that particular group.

He had high hopes when the kids necklace broke and he started flying away, but the sailor had quickly grabbed the unfortunate boy's ankle, dashing that chance. It wouldn't be long before the man pulled him back. And then who knew what he would do.

Ritskin was very much opposed to using force whenever he could avoid it, but sometimes the threat of force could be a powerful negotiating tool. He pulled the pistol out of the holster and leveled it at the sailor. "Alright let go of the boy and I don't put another hole somewhere in ya" He spoke to the man in common, and used his most intimidating reptilian voice. The kobold had learned a long time ago that his looks could be threatening to mammals, and he now used all the trick he had learned to look as frightening and foreign as possible.

The sailor turned to look at the kobold. "Now why would I do that?" he stopped short as he saw the weapon. Indeed, all of the sailors in the group took an involuntary step back. None of them were armed, the Yoreiqi wouldn't deal with those who were, so the pistol was no small threat. Ritskin only had his because he'd passed it off to the locals as a piece of sailing equipment. Not hard since almost none of them had ever seen a gun.

"Whoa there buddy, no need to be pulling something like that out." The sailor was nervous now. He couldn't read the scaly creature, and the short reptile that had seemed so comical before now looked menacing and bizarre.

"Let go of the boy and I'll put it away." Ritskin responded levelly. Even as he spoke the kobold began moving, shifting towards the ocean side of the port. He needed a getaway, and if he could make it to the ocean, none of the sailors would be able to catch him. he was a water kobold, born of the sea, and he swam fast. Not to mention that most sailors didn't know how to swim anyway.

One way or the other things were about to go bad. Better to be closest to the nearest exit...

Rhindeer

The sailor was foolish and angry, but he wasn't completely stupid; he didn't want to get shot! With a death-glare at the kobold and an angry snarl, he locked eyes with the reptile and said, very quietly, "Fine."

Then he released Tama's ankle.

Released so abruptly, Tama lurched forward into the air, lost his equilibrium, and fell with a thud. But he was quick to scramble upright again while still smarting from the fall and, as ridiculous as it looked, the fist thing he did was dart around to the kobold's back. You know, effectively using the much shorter guy as a shield. He'd wasted too much energy in the struggle to be able to fly now, and whatever the lizard was pointing at those people had them scared, so...sounded like a good idea to him!

Unfortunately, they weren't out of the woods. The sailor was livid, and the crowd--from the looks of it, buddies of his--looked similarly offended. They began to close in on Tama and the kobold, because even if he had a gun, he only had one, and certainly not enough time to reload a shot before they could be on him.

Tama glanced around nervously and tapped the kobold on the shoulder. "Ah, thanks for the help, man! But, uh...you got a plan?"

Alegretto

Ritskin was hoping that the boy would fly away once released. Unfortunately he failed to do so, and instead tried to hide behind the much shorter kobold. The action, while comical, was also futile. Ritskin groaned at the boy's foolishness, but he kept moving towards the nearby shoreline. The sailors were approaching fast, held back only by the threat of getting shot, and they'd blocked off any route towards land. The ocean was their only way out now.

The boy asked him if he had a plan, and Ritskin growled a response in Yoreiqi. "The plan was for you to fly away while I swam out of here, but it looks like that's not happening for some reason." He fell silent for a moment. "How well do you swim boy?"

Rhindeer

Tama winced. That would have been a great plan! If he'd had more stamina.

"Uhhh, I mean, I guess I swim alright!" he said, moving with the kobold toward the water. "Good enough! Kind of!" Except his wings made it rather awkward; they weren't exactly the oily wings of a duck! They soaked up water rather than repelled it and became quite cumbersome. But they were out of options, so he had no choice but to deal with it.

The men were closing in faster now, and some of them seemed to realize that they had left a path unblocked, for a couple started to move, as subtly as they could, to block their escape route. Tama saw that and stiffened.

"No time! We gotta go now, man!" he said, and without waiting for the kobold's response, Tama bolted down the open path at full speed and splashed into the water without thinking, kicking off and swimming as fast as he could. And he did well--at first. Until the water soaked his wings and started to weigh him down. He flapped them awkwardly, trying to use them like an extra set of arms to propel them, but mostly all he accomplished was a lot of awkward noise and splashing everywhere like some strange duck that didn't know what it was doing.

He also realized, somewhere during this, that he probably should have asked where they were swimming to.

Alegretto

So the boy could swim. That was unexpected. Ritskin would have thought that those wings would be an impediment. Still if he could move through the water, they might have a chance at escape after all. They just needed to reach a part of the port that was more dominated by Yoreqi then foreigners. The men probably wouldn't try anything there. It would ruin their chances of trading, and they would restrain their one particularly irate companion.

It wouldn't be a long swim, and Ritskin turned to relay his thoughts to his ally when the boy's words reached his ears. The way the kid took off surprised the kobold almost as much as it did the sailors, but the reptile recovered first. He was sprinting after the kid and into the water faster than most of the sailors could react. Along the short run there, the Kobold shed his coat and hat, he had a dozen more like them at home, and jumped in wearing only his small-clothes.

As soon as he was in the ocean, the water kobold took off like a shot. Now this was where he was really at home. He flattened his body and lay like a plank in the water, decreasing his drag, and he used his powerful tail for locomotion while using his limbs for maneuvering. One Essyrni merchant he knew once said that he looked and swam like a crocodile, whatever that was.

It took him only a moment to reach his companion, in all his floundering glory. So the boy couldn't swim. He thought about it for a moment. Well, that wasn't fair. He'd gotten pretty far with those massive sponges on his back.

He lowered his legs deeper into the water and started treading water like a human so he could grab and talk to the struggling boy. He held him above the water as best he could, though it was a struggle. "Hold on to me!" he shouted over the pair's splashing. "Just hold on to my waist or something and try to keep you head above the water, alright!"

Rhindeer

Thank the spirits! Tama latched onto the kobold immediately and tried hard not to strangle the guy. He clung to the man's waist and tried to pull his wings in tight to his back to balance them better, tilting his head back to gasp in air and choke up the water he'd swallowed in all his flailing.

"Okay!" he gasped, kicking with his legs to help them stay afloat, but he wasn't sure if he was helping or hindering. "Ah! Sorry, man! These wings just--!"

He cut off when he took in another mouthful of salt water. Spitting it out, he made a face. "How close are we to where we gotta go?"

Alegretto

Ritskin felt the air suddenly leave his body when the boy grabbed onto him a little too hard and he forced himself to take several deep breathes before speaking again. "Not that far." he told the boy. "We just need to get to an area of the port that's mostly Yoreiqi. They'll probably leave us alone if we get there."

Ritskin once again reflected on his logic. Personal experience told him it was sound. Sure, the irate father wouldn't care, but his crew-mates wouldn't let him ruin their chances of trading in this lucrative market for a personal vendetta. The man should have known better than to bring his daughter with him anyway. What did he expect to happen?

Once he was sure that the boy was secured to his waist, Ritskin took off again. He lay belly down in the water, swimming quickly through the ocean in much the same manner as before. Only now he had a passenger.

He speed towards the nearest Yoreiqi dominated section of the port. It wasn't far, he just hoped that the boy could hold onto him long enough. And keep his head above water.

Rhindeer

Tama clung to the kobold like a lifeline, and though he tried not to cling too hard, no doubt he squeezed him a few times, and probably accidentally dug his nails into him a few other times. He didn't mean to! He just didn't want to get dropped! He struggled to keep his head above water, but between the lapping waves and the kobold's forward propulsion, he took his share of water up the nose.

But finally, finally, he could make out where they were headed. He could see docks growing closer. Thank the spirits! Chancing a glance behind them, Tama saw that he couldn't really make out the figures of the mob from this distance, and even if he could, they would be far enough away here for him to get a nice running start.

When they reached the edge of the dock, only then did Tama let go of the kobold, floundering for a moment before he was able to grip is edge. With a deep breath and a grunt, he hauled himself over the side and flopped gracelessly onto its splintery surface, belly down.

"Ohhhh, I could kiss you!" he breathed, and it wasn't clear whether he was talking to the dock or to the kobold. At least, not until he turned his head to look at the guy with a tired laugh. "Haha, don't worry, I won't! Got me in enough trouble today already..."

Alegretto

Ritskin pulled himself out of the water after the Yoreiqi boy. He stood on the dock and shook himself vigorously in an attempt to dry faster. It wasn't a particularly cold day, but he was an old reptile and he didn't need to catch the sniffles right now. He might have to do some basking later, if he couldn't raise his body temperature enough. It got harder and harder to do it naturally as he got older.

He heard the boy talk and turned to look at him. The soggy reptile was not amused by the kid's joke. "No kidding." he growled. "Here's some words of wisdom from an old man. If you're gonna bed with a foreign person, try to be sure that there's no significant figure in their lives that might complain about it, okay? It could keep you out of trouble in the future." He thought about it for a moment, and then realized that the boy probably had no idea why people would care about him sleeping with the significant other in their life.

He softened a bit. He shouldn't be angry at the boy for his ignorance. Maybe for stupidity, but this kid had shown no signs of that. Yet. "Look, I know that foreigners are different, and that they act strange most of the time, but it can help you a lot to learn more about them. Here's an important lesson: most foreigners don't see sex as something to be done casually. They think that you should only do it with someone you love, and you can only have one such person at a time."

He knew that the concept would most likely  be novel to the Yoreiqi boy, but he felt obliged to at least try explaining this. He sighed internally. It was so hard to reconcile two cultures that were so different.

Rhindeer

Tama's face fell at the reptile's growl, mouth slamming shut. Looked like his humor was not appreciated. Too soon? Yeah...probably too soon...

Pulling himself up the rest of the way, he rose to his feet with a groan, wings drooping and dripping water onto the dock. He rubbed the back of his neck as the kobold spoke, rather confused--and still confused about this whole day. Why would someone else complain about what he and another consenting person did? It made no sense.

At least, not until the kobold elaborated.

Face scrunching in disbelief, Tama looked at the kobold. "Really?" he asked, eyebrows raising. "But...that doesn't make any sense."

Spreading his wings, angled so he didn't smack his companion with them, he began to fan them lightly to shake off some of the water. "The woman I was with, she was okay with everything. Why would she need her father's permission? That's just...that doesn't make any sense! And is a little..." He grimaced. "Weird..."

Alegretto

Ritskin watched with interest as the boy dried himself. It must really be a pain to have skin, feathers, and hair. Much harder to dry than scales. Here he was, almost completely dry already and there he was, probably going to be spending the next few hours trying to get all the water off of his now much heavier wings. Nope, definitely better to have scales.

Now, it may seem like the water kobold was busy thinking of something way off topic, but he was actually thinking of ways to explain the situation to his young companion.

"I know it's weird for you." he replied to the boy's final word, putting emphasis on the word 'you,' "But think with me here for a moment. Imagine how strange it would be to have scales." He gave the boy a moment to picture it. "Now, I know it would be odd, but would it really be all that bad? You would dry faster, like me, and you wouldn't have to worry as much about getting scratched, cut, or sunburned. That doesn't sound too bad, now does it? Now, on the other hand, I can imagine that there would be certain benefits to having skin. If I had skin, I would probably feel light touches better and I bet I would be able to tell much easier when I was injured. See what I'm getting at? You can understand how scales and skin are different, but you can also see how both are good in their own way. It's the same thing with foreigner customs. They might be odd, but they're also valuable in their own fashion. Does that make any more sense boy, about why it might do you good to appreciate foreign values? Or am I just flapping my gums for no good reason?

Rhindeer

Tama had been trying to squeeze the water out of some of his feathers when the kobold began to speak, and Tama's brow furrowed in confusion. Enough confusion that he froze in his task and just looked at him. He wasn't sure what this visual exercise had to do with sex with foreigners, and he tilted his head, frowning. Yeah...it would be pretty weird to have scales. Maybe a little cool, too, but he didn't think he'd look very good with them. Come to think of it, the kobold would look pretty funny with human skin, too...

Wait, that was missing the point, wasn't it?

"I guess that makes sense. Kind of," Tama said at last, and wrung out his hair. "Different but not bad, what's normal to me is weird to you, yeah. But...hrm. I can see the value of skin and scales. I can't really guess at the value of...that." He frowned, then snapped his head up and waved his hands when he realized how that might sound.

"Er, not that it's wrong! Necessarily! Um, I guess it doesn't matter whether or not I do understand it! Some things just are, right?"

But then he huffed and folded his arms over his chest. "It sure would have been nice if she told me about her peoples' weird customs though! That sure would have saved a lot of--wait."

He froze and stared at the kobold then, eyes wide and face coloring. "Wait. She slept with me. You said foreigners only sleep with people they love...? Does that mean...?"

Alegretto

"Woah there boy!" Ritskin threw up his hands in an attempt to stall the kid's excitement. The last thing he needed was the guy getting that misunderstanding into his head. "I said most, not all. There is certainly a faction of foreigners that believes in sleeping with people for pleasure and not love, just like you guys here. That's especially common in the young ones. I personally don't know what your lady friend believes in. Her sleeping with you may have been a sign that she likes you, or she might have just been looking for some fun, same as you."

He frowned. He hoped the boy was catching this. If he wasn't paying attention...

"Anyway, it's not like it matters if she liked you or not. It's not as if you can go back there and talk to her again. Her father would have you hung from the rigging faster than you can open those wings of yours. Best just to forget about her and move on boy, trust me." Ritskin said it with authority, but he wasn't sure that the boy was going to do as he said.

Whatever. Best to get the kid's mind off of it. Time for a change in topics. "But enough of that. I don't think we've been properly acquainted yet." He walked up to the boy and stood up to his full height, still far shorter than the boy, and extended his snout towards the boy's face so they could touch noses in the traditional Yoreiqi greeting.

((OOC: OMG Rhi there's no greeting on the description page for Yoreiqi, I dunno what to do here *_* Thanks for showing me where the greeting is Rhi, editing my post accordingly.))

He then introduced himself. "I am Ritskin Liscen. I'm a water kobold who lives here in Ainu making a living as a translator. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm pretty sure you can tell already but I'm actually a foreigner. I was a trader, but I settled in here a long time ago and here I've been ever since." he gave a quick laugh. "And how about you boy? You got a name and occupation?"

Rhindeer

Truth be told, Tama was relieved it didn't necessarily mean the girl liked him, because he wasn't sure what he'd do with that information! He liked her well enough, but not that much, and he certainly didn't want to hurt her feelings! But as the kobold explained, he let a breath out and relaxed.

"Oh. Okay. Whew! Good!" he said, and was grateful for the change in subject, for that whole thing was rather baffling and scary. His first trip to Ainu and it had gone spectacularly! Only a few days in and he'd nearly been gutted by a foreigner! It really would have been nice to be briefed on cultures and customs and such. Now he was going to be paranoid of messing up again.

But he pushed that from his mind as the kobold greeted him, and he tried not to laugh when he touched noses with the kobold. Or rather, touched nose to snout. What a weird feeling!

Straightening again, he grinned. "Ritskin, huh? Well, it's nice to meetcha, too! I'm Tama! I don't really have a job job yet, really...it's more that I'm in training, to be a healer." And then he puffed his chest out with pride. "No big deal, just gonna take over for our tribe's shaman one day, you know, but...hey, enough about that! Let's get back to you, 'cause seriously, thanks for saving my feathery butt! I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't! I guess probably...bleed."

He made a face and shuddered, scratching his left shoulder just at the base of his wing. "That wouldn't be fun...oh, hey! Can I get you anything? Like as a thank you? Do you have any cuts or sores or bruises, 'cause I can take care of that! Or treat you to a meal! Or something!"

[ooc: OMG! xDDD THERE IS. BUT I FAIL BECAUSEEE...>__> I like put it in the most not-obvious spot ever so I SHOULD GO FIX THAT! xDDD]

Tags: