Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Up for Interpretation

Started by Alegretto, March 07, 2014, 05:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alegretto

Ritskin answered the Yoreiqi boy's questions as he asked them. "Personally I agree with you Tama. I'm a reptile who pines for the sea. Still, I know some folks who have never seen the ocean. There are all kind my boy, all kinds."

"As for my favorite place, well, honestly it's right here my boy. Yoreiqi is the one place that's ever made me want to settle down. The beautiful weather, the amazing inhabitants, the incredible vibrance and life here. I just love it all so much." The Kobold chuckled a bit at his own words. "But you know they always say that the kelp is greener in the other bay. Maybe I just like it here because it's so different from where I was raised."

Rhindeer

Tama couldn't help but puff up with pride knowing that of all places in the world, this was what a well-versed traveler liked most. Of course! Because Yoreiq was only the best!

He left the food alone to cook and leaned back against the counter--or rather, leaned sideways against it, so as not to crush his wings. "Where are you from, anyway? I mean, I hope this doesn't sound rude! I've just, until you, I've never seen anyone like you."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Alegretto

Ritskin chuckled lightly, he seemed to do a lot of chuckling with the Yoreiqi boy around. "Don't worry Tama, no offense taken." The Kobold's reptilian eyes took on a faraway look as he considered Tama's question.

"I think I told you I'm from the continent, a country called Serendipity. Though, more specifically, I was born on a ship off of the coast. And, again, I think I told you I'm a water Kobold. I'm probably the only one living on Yoreiqi, though I couldn't say that for sure." Ritskin's own words made the Kobold fall silent for a moment, a pang of loneliness ringing in him.

"But enough about that. Didn't I promise you that I'd tell you why I settled in Yoreiqi?"

Rhindeer

"Oh! RIGHT!" Tama said, slapping his forehead, his face coloring with a blush. "You did! Sorry, it's just a lot to take in, and a lot of different names and words to remember. I promise I'm paying attention!"

Leaving the pot alone to do its thing--the food would be done shortly, but as they said, it cooked slower when you watched it!--Tama turned his attention to Ritskin fully. "You did promise that. Are you gonna tell me now?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Alegretto

Ritskin's reptillian eyes took a faraway look as he saw the past in his mind's eye. If Tama had ever listened to his grandparents tell a long story he probably knew what was about to happen.

"Well you see Tama, where I come from, people have a different set of values than they do here. I won't explain in derail, suffice to say they put too much emphasis on things that don't really matter. I never realized just how petty that world was until I visited Yoreiq for the first time. The free spirits, the feeling of love from everyone I met, it was something completely new to me. From that very first time here, I started wondering if I was truly happy in my current life. You see boy, I was a merchant, like the one's you see on the docks over there." the Kobold pointed out towards the docks and the sea.

"I was really successful, let me tell you," he told Tama, pride swelling in him for a moment, before suddenly he deflated. "But it didn't mean anything boy. The money I earned, my power as the captain of a ship, it didn't make me happy. And every time I made a trip here, every time I saw the joy on the faces of the natives, it made it just a little harder to return to the continent."

The Kobold sighed, before continuing again. "I guess the crate that broke the ship's deck came when I got in an argument with my first mate. He was upset because I he thought I could be trading more advantageously with the natives even though we were making a tidy profit. He was probably right, we could have been charging more, making more, but what would be the point? It just all seemed so stupid to me. So, when we next arrived on the isles, I turned over command to my first mate and split most of my money among the crew. I left the ship and asked the village elder's if I could stay. Been here ever since."

Tags: