Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Call of the Vahltrysse [M]

Started by visualspice, March 14, 2014, 04:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Tags on this thread for lion :T
When he finishes his character's profile 8D
-----------

The bleating howl of the oxen-horn carried across the Grand Steppe, a wailing call that signified the hunters were returning home. Excitement mounted as Brynhalla felt the winds on the steppe sweep through her hair as she climbed the tallest tree of the plain and looked over towards the approaching hunting party as her chest swelled with pride. The sight of her parents, Fahnill and Varessia, at the forefront of the party, made her stomach do uncontrollable flips as she raced down through the branches and through the plains. It was evident even from this distance the hunters had been successful, and with a wild holler, the young woman- now barely in her teens, gave a whistle for her horse Thorabear and the bloodbay stallion came storming her way.

Latching onto the horse as it rode by, she didn't miss a beat as she dangerously climbed her way onto the racing horse's back and took hold of it's dark mane as the pair galloped off towards the village of the Vahltrysse, leaving the empty air behind her to eat her dust.

The village was full of life- and Brynhalla joined in the festivities beaming in a world all of her own. Her parents were the talk of her village, one all aspired to be like- and she, everyone saw her as a child with great potential- one blessed by Athra.

"You will be like your mother some day. Varessia must be proud how well you fight and hunt on your own!"
And naturally, the young child replied with an eager, "Of course! I might even be better than she! Just you wait!" ANd everyone was always so supportive, even if her drive seemed to rival that of the Gods.

As the meat from the hunt was cooked over the spit above a massive bonfire that roared in the center of her town, Brynhalla enjoyed her meat first, as grease glossed across her lips and fingers as she hungrily sunk her teeth into her meal and remained with her parents in the hunter's circle. She was too young to properly join them, but she was always attached at her mother's hip;a nd no one would challenge Varessia for her child's right to eat with her.

Though it was on occasions like these that Varessia's other child, Brynhalla's half brother, Darkrom, watched off to the side with his crippled father. Vaxxem, Varessia's first mate, had taken a terrible fall from the hunt and has been a cripple ever since. He always hoped the fall would have killed him, but it seems their goddess Athra had other plans. And though his glory days were at an end, he always tried to encourage Darkrom to strive to be as good as his mother and half sister. Silently Darkrom would always agree, but his eyes were always darkly piercing on her favored child.

Licking off her fingers, Brynhalla tossed the bone - now licked clean, onto the ground as she got upa nd dusted off her tanned, fur trimmed skirts.
"I'm so hungry I think I might have seconds!" And boastfully she threw back her shoulders, pushed out her chest and strolled on over towards the bonfire to take more meat that was rightfully hers. Though some of the clan was only getting their first portions, those from the hunt always ate first- and being she was on her second plate,s he cared little for the others withhungered bellies as she pushed past a young man to get in line before him.

"Another piece! And be sure it's got plenty of fat, Valkier!"

Valkier turned from the young man who had been in line before her and slopped the meat onto his plate before turning to Brynhalla with a smile. He only had one eye,a nd dark hair now grew over top of it to hide the gruesome vacated hole from sight.

"A growing girl needs to eat her meat. But a growing girl should also learn that, despite her place in the hunt, she ought to think of others first."

Brynhalla, taken back Valkier would dare talk to her that way, quickly grew angry.

"Valkier! I am hungry! And my parents were the one leading the hunt! My plate! Give to me the finest piece, dripping wtih juices before I throttle you here and now!"

Valkier, unimpressed, let out a curt laugh.
"Then to the end of the line with you. Even your parents would take their turns on seconds."

Still angered Valkier denied her her rights, she went on, "But it is my right!" And she spoke it through her teeth, eyes narrowing dangerously upon the hunched back, older man. But Valkier only smiled and turned to the young man that was still standing beside her- and handed him a second piece of greasy meat.

"For you, Thoronir, for having the patience of Athra."

Turning to take in Thoronir, a boy barely with any muscle on his gangly arms, had her huffing at the sight if him as she took him in.

"Thoronir?" Need she justify her disgust anymore? And with a scowl at them both, she hastily plucked the larger set of meat from his plate and took off with it, running.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Thoronir stared in awe at the kill that Varessia and Fahnill had brought in from a great hunt.  The kill was a great one and would feed the entire tribe for a week if everyone wasn't greedy.  Naturally the pelts would be given to the hunters that killed it as honor for their efforts, and everything else would be split among the tribe, to their necessary places.  Thranneik stood beside his son, a boy of not more than sixteen in his years and already growing taller than he was.

"See, if I was a hunter, I would bring in a kill twice that, Father," he said, as the beast was dragged into the center of the tribe to be stripped, skinned, and boiled.

"If you were a hunter," Thranneik said with a smile.  "But you are a healer's boy.  And they don't just go around inviting them on the hunt now do they?"

"If one  of them got hurt what would they do?  They ought to take a healer with them," he muttered grumpily.

"Hunters take care of their own, boy.  But I won't dismiss your fancies, Thoronir.  If you earn the right, you may join them," his father replied calmly and retired to their tent.

When the fire was erected and the feast began, Thoronir took his place in line.  He was hungry from the days activities, for his studies were long and Thranneik refused to allow him to venture out until he had learned the properties of the Vishani mushroom that grew at the edge of the Oasis.  The old weathered man that was his father was patient with him, and he knew Thoronir knew better than to disobey.  But when he was done, he was among the last in line.

He watched in silence as Brynhalla demanded more meat, cutting in front of him to gain seconds.  "Hey!" he muttered.  "You can't just cut just because you're the daughter of the ones who killed it"  But she seemed to largely ignore his protest and he zipped his mouth shut for the moment.  Then she suddenly whirled on him.  He leaned back, stunned for the brief moment before she took his meat and he watched her scuttle of with it.

The kill was nearly barebones, and there was little left but for the others behind him.  Something boiled in his stomach, that contempt he knew others felt for him, as quiet as it was.  He cut  his eyes toward Brynhalla in the melting of time around him.  Valkier smiled sleazily, clearly amused by it, and Thoronir felt his cheeks grow red.  There was a clanking and a shattering and the clay plate in his hands suddenly crumbled and  smashed to the floor.  He looked back to Brynhalla, mid run, and suddenly bolted after her.

At sixteen, he was taller than she, thin enough to offer less wind resistance and zipped across the fire pit with an intensity he did not understand.  And the breath came out of him when his body suddenly collided with hers and he tried to force her to the ground.  "Give it back!" he yelped with all the courage he could muster.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Releasing a yelp, Thoronir was more than successful at getting Brynhalla to the ground as one moment she was darting across the camp, and the next moment; she was eating dirt.  She hadn't thought the boy would dare make chase, and she watched in dismay as the meat bounced away into the gritty dirt as it was knocked from her fingers from the fall.

Gritting her teeth, she felt the rising heat of anger and whirled around, despite being pinned by Thoronir.
"YOU!" She began, her eyes gleaming with a dangerous sort of shine. "How DARE you try to-"
But before Brynhalla could get more than a few huffed words out, a chortle from some younger hunters who were passing by took a look at the pair and gave them some playful hollering.

"Hey, you two! Don't you know we make tents for that?"

At first, Brynhalla didn't get the joke, her face scrunching quizzically before she turned around to observe, with a gasp, she was laying on the dirt beneath Thoronir in a position as if they were about to mate. ANd boy did her face go red.
"Thoronir," she growled poisonously. "Get off."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Thoronir had not noticed the circle of people staring them that was until the laughter of a few of the men that started to chuckle at their chosen position.  When his hands came around her wrists and he grit his teeth.  The laughter echoed around him and only then did he look up.  But he didn't want to give up so easily.

"You took my meat!  You ruined it!" he growled, pinning her back more. 

"Thoronir!" Thranneik yelled as he came pushing through the crowd.  "Thoronir!  Get off her at once!  You will not squabble over a piece of meat."

"But father!"

"You will shame yourself over something so menial..." he said and Thoronir dropped his head, blushing and climbed off of her.  His father pulled him to his feet and he held on to him with one arm and dusted off his clothes before pulling him up.  Thranneik looked at Brynhalla and took her by the arm, dragging her along back to her parents and pulling Thoronir with him.  He put  them both before them and stood straighter.  "I'm sorry, Fahnill, Varessia, for the actions of my son."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Varessia and Fahnill were in the middle of a conversation that had both of the laughing into tears, so when both children were brought before them it was Varessia's job to address as she chuckled and rose her gaze. She hadn't even known what had happened?

"Oh? And what has Thoronir done?" she asked, raising a brow expectantly while observing her feisty daughter scowling beside him. Both were red faced. She could only guess what sort of mischief they've gotten into.

Lion

Thoronir grumbled something that caused Thranneik to smack hin upside the head before resuming his grip on his arm.  He bowed his head to the hunters again before nudging Brynhalla to go to her parents.  "It seems my son pounced upon your daughter because she stole his share of me, intent on keeping it for herself.  I saw the whole thing transpire.  But as hunters I know his actions have disrespected you and your daughter and he wanted to give his apologies to you and your family."

He shook Thoronir again and the skinny boy grumbled and glared daggers at Brynhalla and her parents.  "I'm sorry."

"For what?" Thranneik urged.

"For dishonoring myself and my father and for tackling Brynhall...  But!  She took what was mine!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Brynhalla broke away and hid behind her parents, and catching his glare, she smiled triumphantly, and even stuck her tongue out at him. But her mother caught that tongue between two fingers.

"Brynhalla... is what this boy says is true?"

Brynhalla made a face, flailing beneath her mother's grip, but her gargled replies could not be made out- at least not to anyone else but her mother her shook her head.
"Then it seems, Brynhalla, you owe this boy an apology to. We did not raise you to be so selfish. You let your pride become too big and you are yet so young. Go, approach the other boy and tell him you are sorry as well."

ANd it was here Varessia released Bryn's tongued, leaving the girl gaping.

"But mom-"

One short gaze from her mother was enough to silence her. She wondered if she'd get a flogging later for this. Reluctantly, she dragged herself back over to Thoronir and grumbled out a, "I'm sorry."

"For?"

Brnyhalla grit her teeth.

"For... for stealing your meat." And she kept her angered gaze down cast, for she still believed that meat was HERS.

Lion

At her apology, the irritation left Thoronir's eyes and his expression grew somber.  He could see her anger, but he brought his eyes to look closer into her and suddenly his hand shot forth and clamped her wrist in a shake between friends and he shook it.

"It's all right," he said.  "I know you were simply hungry and eager.  I'm...sorry for hitting you."  He gave her a small smile and a blush to go with it.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Brynhalla gasped when he dared touched her, and when she was able to, pulled her arm free as she made a face. But being how she was being watched by everyone, she swallowed back a growl.
"Well you'd better be!"
And a look from a mother had her sulking.

"But yeah, it was foolish,"s he mumbled, then peered over at her mother, hoping she'd allow her to return, but she saw her mother simply shaking her head- that was enough of a gesture for her as she skipped away from Thoronir and nestled in triumphantly between her parents, purposely ignoring Thoronir- who would DARE embarrass her in front of her parents!

Lion

Thoronir gave her a wide-eyed look when she scampered back behind her parents.  But as Thranneik pulled him away he cast her a smile and ran after his father. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Brynhalla pretended not to notice his smile, though she managed to catch it was he was fleeting. Hmph! Who did that boy think he was? He was no son of a hunter! But a healer! Not some great and noble warrior like her dad!

Though long after Thoronir had left, her parents saw fit to lecture their daughter on humility, and the lecture seemed to be enough to put the little firecracker of a daughter into place. Though that night, she was having trouble sleeping, and found herself tossing and turning in her bed before she eventually gave up on sleep and threw off her covers.

Careful not to wake her snoring parents, she tip toed outside and made her way into camp. The camp was quiet, except the soft sighs of couples still awake, making love- and a few others who lingered and tended to the fire. There were certain members of her tribe that kept up on night watch, and she made sure she was quick to sneak past them- but nestled herself into the shadows when she came across a rather active tent. She watched as the couple writhed together, rolled and moaned and were screaming in pleasure. She wasn't quite sure what they were doing, but being ever curious, she crept forward to take a peak. After all, she didn't want to be ignorant when it was finally her turn to mate.

But what she saw confused her. Two naked bodies, the man crouched over top of a woman. She made a face. What was all of the fuss about? She still didn't get the whole idea of sex, and remained on her hands and knees and belly on the floor, observing the pair in silence but the part she wanted to see was hidden under a blanket, while a fire crackled hotly within the couple's tent.

OOC: lol Brynhalla is a peeping Tom XD

Lion

Thoronir had a silent night between himself and Thranneik and he'd been forced into more study while his father ate succulently on some fruit, drank wine and fell asleep.  He poured over his scrolls until he felt his eyes droop.  But he was too tired to sleep.  It wasn't fair.  He didn't even get to eat!

All because of that...girl!  He shook his head and grumbled, moving from his bedroll to the left over food his father ate and ate until he was sated at least and then moved out into the cool night air.  He needed the freshness and took the breeze in gratefully.

Thoronir wandered around camp, until he spotted  legs sticking at the edge of a tent where soft moans  came out from.  He moved with some curiosity sitting beside the legs and poked them. "What are you doin?" he whispered.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Not expecting anyone to have seen her, much less be poked, the girl jerked away from the tent and rolled over and just as she was about to scream, her hand slapped over her mouth.
"Th-Thoronir!?"

Lion

Thoronir fell back on his butt and grinned at her. "Sorry," he murmured.  "But you're not supposed to watch the couples when they do that.  It ruins their moment.  Besides what d'you wanna know about that anyway?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Brynhalla turned beet red.
"I- I- I wasn't.."
But oh how she was. Holding a breath, she released it hotly through flaring nostrils as she glared at him.
"What are you doing here?" Unless to do the same? PERVERT.

OOC: LOOOOOOOL

Lion

Thoronir shrugged innocently.  "I was just taking a walk," he said with a shrug.  "Getting some fresh air.  Want to walk with me?  Beats sitting here watching them make love."  He shrugged again until a pause in the moans made him look at the tent flaps and to see a rock fly out at them.  He scampered backwards, grabbing Brynhalla with him.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Brynhalla was barely yanked away by Thoronir in time, the rock missing her face but hitting her right on the rear. She let out a yelp, but stumbled as she ran with him and rubbed at the red mark the rock had made on her as she rubbed her butt cheek.

"Yeah, sure, talking a walk," she said with a roll of her eyes. Everyone knew any boy out at such an hour was only after one thing! But haughtily, she ran with him, not exactly wanting to get another rock tossed at her rear.

Lion

Thoronir giggled as he pulled her along, running through the sand until they were behind his father's tent.  "Sorry about pulling you too hard," he smirked, letting go of her hand .

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

He didn't have to give her her hand back, she YANKED it away and cast him a glare.
"Yes, well- now my rear is smarting because of that rock!" She narrowed her gaze. "Why'd you have to cause such a commotion?" she hissed.

Lion

"They would have found you anyway and the punishment likely would have been much worse," Thoronir quipped and moved around behind her, lifting her skirt to look at the small wound.

"I'm the healer's son, I know what I'm doing," he said a he inspected it and let his hand splay against her bare buttock, pressing around it.  "Oh you'll be okay. It'll just be minor bruising."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: