Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Silken Scales (Sanguine)

Started by DaGlobster, April 08, 2014, 10:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

Stygia glided through the night sky, her ebony form barely visible against the inky stars. She had in her mouth an armored warhorse, with the rider still dangling from the stirrup. Another young knight wandering around in the woods, looking for people to help. Her mouth was curled into a smile. After a few hours of flying, she came across her abode for the night. Of course, she enjoyed living with Ardeadai's family in their fortress, but a Dragoness needed to get out every once in a while. She enjoyed the loose union she share with Ardeadai, as she wasn't sure she could contain herself to one man for too long.

She landed in the cave, and immediately went to work. She deposited the knight's body on the ground, studied it for a bit, and snapped it up into her jaws, the acid in her mouth making short work of the armor. She swallowed, and then moved onto the horse, biting it in half. She indulged herself one one half, and then moved onto the other. Once she had eaten her fill, she decided to sleep. She walked to the back of the cave, to giant pool of bubbling green acid, and slipped herself into it. She went to sleep at the bottom, curling up.

Codestar7

Felodas had been soaring through the air with Ralenth, scouting the Terrain Mountains as he had every morning since becoming Lord-Captain of Dragonriders. Nothing was out of the ordinary until he spotted a scaly tail disappear into a dark cave. He had heard reports of a dragon in the Terrain Mountains, but that was usual. What made the elf have second thoughts was that most dragons don't reside in caves at this time of the day. There had to be something irregular.

Felodas knew the area very well, scouting it every morning, and even landing twice, once with the elf Athran to fight orcs, and once with the wanderer Piquano and the work Gutztomp to fight demons in another dimension. Both situations nearly turned sour, almost to the point of someone dying. So the elf discounted with caution near the outside of the cave. He spotted a dragon inside, eating a meal. This was no ordinary dragon. It was a species Felodas had never seen, which was weird, as Felodas knew every species. This one was more... Majestic, even than Ralenth, a princess.

Felodas approached the cave, trying not to alert the dragon... Though he knew he would...

DaGlobster

Stygia's eyes burst open inside the acid pool. There was somebody in her cave, and they brought a dragon with them. Her head slowly broke the surface of the acid. She was by no means small, so the pool of acid was more akin to a basin, designed to accommodate a fully grown dragon of her species. As the acid dripped off her head and regal horns in little glowing globs, her eyes scanned the inside of the cave. Acidic fumes rose from her nostrils, and her obsidian scales were glossed with a thin layer of green from the acid. They weren't inside, she presumed, but she wanted to make sure. She smelled at the air, and a smile curled onto her lips. A man, elf by the smell of him, and a female dragon. They weren't inside the cave yet, they still had to walk in and turn a corner.

She ultimately decided the circumstances weren't that dire, so she went back under the acid, this time waiting for them to come deeper into the cave.

Codestar7

As Felodas approached the cave mouth, he noticed the dragon wasnt wild, nor tame. This was a human. Felodas could tell after working centuries with dragons. He approached with caution, with Ralenth not to far behind him. He rounded the bend, and noticed the dragon hadnt noticed him, at least not physically, but maybe mentally.
Wait here he communicated telepathically to his dragon.
He delved deeper, and saw the dragon.
Felodas continued, until he stood only six feet away from the unknown creature in the cave.

DaGlobster

As soon as Felodas came within six feet of the acid pool, Stygia emerged from it. Not just her head this time, but the entire upper half emerged, and she supported herself against the lip of the basin using her front claws. She spread her wings to shake the acid off of them, creating a glowing green display behind her, and then folded back up against her back.  Her red eyes regarded him not with hostility, but with a calm, nonchalant expression.

"Well, what do we have here? A curious elf?" She asked, leaning in, her teeth displayed in a smile. She took a deep sniff of the air, and sighed. "You brought a friend, too. How quaint." She added, acid idly dripping from her mouth as she talked.

Codestar7

Felodas chuckled. "I admire the  telepathic knowledge of dragon kind. And yes, my friend is staying behind, as she is the heir to a dying mother. She herself e was hurt when I tired myself out fighting that bloody demigod. I mean you no harm, only to ask, what is a human-dragon doing in these parts?"

DaGlobster

"Knowledgeable little guy, aren't you?" She said in her seductive tone, lowering her head down until it was mere feet away from Felodas. "However, what I do here is none of your concern..." She started, and exited the pool of acid, her massive yet slender body dripping with glowing green acid. She started circling Felodas, walking a circle around him as she talked. "Still, I find it implausible that you would track down a dragon just to ask it what it was up to. I'd like to see your friend, It's been a while since I talked to another dragon." She said, and laid herself down in front of Felodas, her body length spanning the entire width of the cave.

She had just eaten, so she had decided to humor this little elf.

Codestar7

Felodas listened to the dragon in front of him, and whirled as she circled around him. He kept turning, almost dizzied when the dragon told him she wished to see Ralenth.
Come, Rune, I'm not sure whether this be friend or foe, or neither, but she wishes to end her seclusion, and communicate with another dragon.

Ralenth slithered into the area of the cave where her master was waiting. Her slender neck snaked into view, and her night black body followed.
"This, is Ralent. Princess and heir of the Daedrothian Mountain Dragons. I am Felodas, Lord Captain of Dragonriders in Adela. And you are called by what name?" Felodas smiled, expecting an answer.

Ralenth communicated to the unnamed dragon.
Nice to meet you. I hear you lack beings of your own species to socalize with. Ralenth at your hand

DaGlobster

Stygia directed her sharp green eyes at Ralenth, a smile curled onto her lips. She was quite the treat, and a princess as well? It must be her lucky day. Knight for dinner, and then a princess for desert. And not the eating kind. She stopped circling Felodas, taking a few steps towards Ralenth, sizing her up with her eyes. She smoothly turned her neck, and her left eye regarded Felodas. "Stygia. You can call me Stygia." She said, and returned her attention to Ralenth.

To socialize with? I have plenty to socialize with. Your rider misunderstands me. Although...I wouldn't mind socializing with you... She communicated back, leaning forwards.

Codestar7

Felodas remained silent, and let the two dragons converse through telepathy.

I am a princess, and my mother is dying. I will be queen soon. Not that I will embrace that. I have no siblings, therefore when my race needs me, I fear I may have to leave my rider. I wish that not to happen. I sense you are a human, not a dragon. Who are you? Ralenth spoke fluently, in the other dragons mind, her unspoken words booming through Stygia's consciousness like a clap of thunder, though hardly as loud.

DaGlobster

Stygia raised a ridged eyebrow at the dragons' question. Human? No, I can't say I'm that anymore. I used to be human, perhaps that is what you're sensing, but I am far from it. I was gifted with this form. Stygia explained telepathically. her telepathic voice was just as powerful as Ralenth's , but it was smooth, soft, and seductive. Instead of bounding through the mind, it caressed it, slowly moving through every nook and cranny of her being.

Codestar7

Ralenth twisted her face at the speech of Stygia. It was captivating. She was lucky she wasn't male, as she feared the other dragon's communication could be as alluring as a sirens call to seamen.
Once. I can still feel it. You... Smell faintly of someone my master fought once. A demigod. He almost killed Felodas. It is queer you stench of him. Have you perchance came in contact with a demigod named Ardeadai?
Ralenth had the typical superior smelling of a Daedrothian Mountain Dragon. She vividly remembered the smell, from the forests of Draconi.

DaGlobster

Is that what his name was? Then I suppose I have. Repulsive creature tried to take me as his wife. I may have...humored his request for my own personal entertainment, but I drove him away afterwards. This was fairly recent. Stygia communicated. She lifted a claw, holding it open to show that she was going to do something harmless, and then tried to place it on Ralenth's chin, if she permitted it. I don't recognize your species, Princess... she said, putting almost sensual emphasis on the word "Princess". Could you enlighten me as to what it is?

Codestar7

I am a Daedrothian Mountain Dragon, as I mentioned earlier. And my master became acquainted with Ardeadai, in fact the arrows in Felodas' quiver were gifted to him by the demigod. They will replenish indefinitely. Felodas could call him a frienemy.

Felodas intervened. "Ardeadai is no frenemy, just a passing benefit. If I were to see him again, I would embrace him not as an enemy, depending on the circumstance." He knew the conversation, as he had tapped into the voice of his dragon.

DaGlobster

Stygia had to admit, the way Ralenth talked about Ardeadai was new. Usually, when the conversation tended to shift towards her husband, she'd learned denying any affiliation with him was a good way to avoid any unwanted fights. "Interesting..." Stygia commented, turning away from Ralenth to walk back to her acid pool. The tip of her tail tickled at Ralenth's chin, and Stygia let out a small giggle, which sounded strange coming from a dragon.

Pardon me for a few moments, Princess... she communicated, and she dove into the acid pool. The surface was silent for a few moments, before she emerged again, not as a dragon, but as a woman. Naturally, she was wearing nothing, so she opted to lean on the lip of the basin, covering herself up with the wings that came out of her back. In this form, she retained her claws, teeth, and horns, and she still had scales at the ends of her limbs. She also retained her incredible beauty. "Allow me to change my story, then. Ardeadai has many enemies, so I hope you'll understand my deciet. Ardeadai's my husband." She said, brushing some wet hair out of her face.

Codestar7

Ralenth did the same, reverting to her human form, also naked. The difference was she looked like a normal human woman.
Felodas spoke for his cohort, "Ardeadai is... Interesting. He met us with fireballs and harsh words. I attacked him, though he repelled it. I talked to him, then we became friends. I understand your white lie."

DaGlobster

"Oh, Princess!" Stygia said, cupping a hand over her mouth in mock surprise. As she lifted herself from the acid pool, the claws at the tips of her wings locked together, forming a kind of dress. The fact that Ralenth could transform into a human didn't surprise her that much, but her chosen form? It didn't leave much to the imagination. "Have you no modesty, your highness?" She asked, a laugh escaping her throat.

Codestar7

"Some cultures do not like dragons, nor humans who look like they are. When I am in this form..., Others cannot tell who I truly am. Does this bother you, Stygia?"

DaGlobster

"Don't worry, Princess. I don't mind it at all." Stygia commented, walking back over so she could continue the conversation. "I'm afraid my species doesn't really exist anymore. The last Adelan Black died over 400 years ago, but not before it gave me its essence. I cannot consider myself a true member, unfortunately." She explained, idly tapping one of the talons on her feet.

Codestar7

Ralenth was surprised. Adelan Black.
"I believe Felodas met an Adelan Black once. It was one of the last." She looked to Felodas, and nodded.
Felodas started. "I fought in a great battle one day. My Adelan Black, I believe, was one of the last three. During that battle. You are one? I did not recognize it when you were in form. How quaint."