Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

An Amalgam of Odd Adventurers [Leo][Ana][Wicked][Ferr]

Started by Codestar7, April 22, 2014, 07:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codestar7

Otto paced down the road to Cerenis. He was a well paid Roadwarden, traveling between Arca and Cerenis. His day's work was nearly over; it was close to dusk. As with most other days, his life was adventureless. He wanted to explore more, his dream Roadwarden job wasn't as attractive as it used to be to him. Otto got so caught up in his thoughts, he had failed to realize he had arrived in Cerenis. Finally, he thought. Otto found his way to the Inn of the Jaded Flower, ready to drink some ale after a day's work, in unusual heat for the area.

He made his way to his usual spot. The man gestured to the barkeep, who knew what it was he wanted: A Cerenis Beach Ale. He sat down, at the table nobody sat. He recieved the bartender's assistant's alcohol with good faith. He grinned at the man he knew as Trenstone, and thanked him dearly. Otto hoped his tavern trip was uneventful as his day. This Inn was notorious for evening brawls. Otto placed his crossed legs on the table, and sipped his ale.

Anadwen

A small figure appeared in the doorway. It wasn't enough to stop the light, entering from the street, completely, and instead it just stopped a few rays. With small steps, she entered, and walked towards the counter. Her small height wasn't enough to reach the top of it, and so, she leaped up at one of the chairs, and from it, she climbed at the wooden board of the counter.

The innkeeper chuckled at her. "Inu, you forgot to change your ears again." he noted. She blushed even more than before. "Did I?" she whispered, reaching atop her head with one hand. There they were, really, a couple of small ears of rosy-white color. She closed her eyes, and concentrating heavily, they disappeared.

The man gave her another laugh. "So what would it be today?" he asked her.
"I guess milk again. And if you have any of that cake from yesterday..." Inusaki shrugged.
"Sorry, this isn't a sweets shop..." the tavern keep gave her a disappointed look.
"Then just the milk." she grunted, moving her feet to the other side of the counter.

He never had the cake! It wasn't fair.

Leornid

Leornid sat at a table at the Inn of the Jaded Flower, as usual these days. He had just finished a sellsword contract, and for the time being, he was content with relaxing and gambling in an inn. That urge to explore tugged at him lately though.

With him on the table sat three other men, two of which were merchants, who had apparently made a great deal of money recently, since they were quite eager to wager large amounts of coin. The other occupant of the table was a beast of a man, extremely muscular, with a lot of scars visible and a cudgel in his back, clearly a thug. The four of them were playing a game of cards, which Leornid was currently winning, much to the annoyance of the thug.

While playing, Leornid kept an eye at the door, out of habit, and witnessed a man he thought was called Otto, a regular of the Inn, entering. After a while, he also saw a short little girl entering. He almost choked on his drink. Were these cat ears she had?! No, that couldn't be right. He looked again, and she had normal ears. His imagination was playing tricks on him. What was a little girl doing at an inn anyways?

The two merchants next to him folded their cards, leaving him facing the thug, as had happened for the last three games. Again, he beat him, but this time, the thug couldn't take it anymore.

Slamming his fist onto the table, he shouted: "You are cheating, aren't you?"
Leornid, not wanting to get into a fight, decided to try cooling him down
"Now now, calm down my friend, relax, here, I'll get you a beer and we can forget about this", he said, smiling a disarming smile

Apparently, the smile was not that disarming, since the thug slowly got out of his chair, flexing his muscles, while the two merchants were moving as far from the table as they could.
As Leornid tried to talk to him again, the thug punched him right in the nose, almost breaking it, and sending him flying out of his chair, and his hard-earned coins on the table flying across the whole room.

Slowly, Leornid tried to get himself together and stand up. This was going to be an interesting evening, apparently.

Anadwen

The counter shook. It literally shook as some man threw another visitor of the inn straight onto it... And it shook so much that Inu-Inu dropped her glass, which shattered on the floor to a hundred shards and spilled milk all over the ground.

She leaped off the counter to the side of the man, and poked him with the tip of his shoe. "Hey, you there. Are you alright?" she whispered.

The thug walked closer. His shadow appeared above them, and Inusaki looked up. "You sir should calm down. You're causing way too much mess around here." she noted. "Besides, it's not nice to punch other people..." It would maybe sound comical from a small, pink-haired girl, if she wouldn't be untying the sash that held her flowered coat on.

"I don't like violence, mister, but I don't like mess, either." she frowned at the thug.

Codestar7

Otto was enjoying his ale, as a big man rose, catching Otto's attention. He flinched as the big man hurled another across the room,  at the feet of a young girl. Surprisingly, she got up, said something to the man on the floor, then confronted the bullies. Typical behavior in the Inn. He was used to it. He sauntered over to the thug, and whispered in his eat. "Take this, burden this man no further." He sneakily handed the bully a satchel of coins, and the thug left. He looked at the man and the girl, a comical sight.
"Now," started Otto. "Aren't you quite the troublemaker?" He directed at the man he'd seen numerous times.

Leornid

Leornid was still attempting to get up and confront the thug, when that little girl with the pink hair came and stood next to him, confronting the thug. Just as Leornid was about to tell her to go run, because he could more than handle this himself, that Otto man came along too and had a little talk with the thug, after which the thug left the inn. Leornid saw that he had given the man some coin, but he thought he'd keep that bit of information for later.

Leornid sat up and took a look around. At that point he realized that the little girl was not that little. She seemed more mature than she looked from afar. He was about to say something to her, when Otto looked at him and asked: "Now, aren't you quite the troublemaker?"

Leornid answered with a calm voice, so as to avoid any more misunderstandings:
"I'm just a normal, honorable adventurer, friend. That man accused me of cheating in a game of cards, which I swear on my bow I didn't do. Now come, you and the little one, have a seat on my table, I'll even treat you with some of that exquisite cake I have in my satchel as thanks for your intervention"

Anadwen

Inusaki's eyes widened, and they shimmered like stars when the man spoke of cake. Cake... Oh, she loved cake!

"You mean you'd really give me some?" she asked excitedly, following him to the table, and perching on its edge to avoid missing anything that would be going on. The other man no longer interested her...

All that mattered was cake!

"Besides, my name is Inusaki. But you can call me Inu. Now where's your cake?"

Codestar7

Otto accepted an unsaid greeting from the girl named Inusaki. He also knew she very much wanted cake. Very much. "My name's Otto, I'm the Roadwarden here. And you are... Leobold? No? Leonard? Any way. That man is gone now. And I would love some cake, thank you, but I think Inu needs more than me, she looks like she wants it more."

Leornid

As they were going to the table, he could see the girl smile and hop around at the mention of cake. She said her name was Inusaki, but he could call her Inu. After he properly introduced himself to the other two, he opened his satchel, which was right under his table, got a cake out, unwrapped its linen wrapping and set it on the table. He gave more to Inu than to himself or Otto, as the two men both agreeed that Inu seemed to need it a bit more.

As they were all eating, Leornid asked:
"So, fellows, would any of you be interested in an adventure? I've recently read a history book which mentioned some ruins somewhere close to here, guarded by some golems and other such creatures. I was going to explore it sometime later, but it seems to me I have overextended my welcome in this town.We might even find some treasure in there. What say you? Are you interested?"

Anadwen

In the middle of taking a bite that seemed larger than her mouth, Inu-Inu looked up at the man. Adventure? Ruins? That sounded interesting at least... She was quite bored lately. It sounded like a good idea...

She swallowed her bite, and nodded enthusiastically. "I'd love to. It sounds like so much fun! If you need someone to slice that golems up..." She giggled, and reached to her side, tapping the Wakizashi blade that hung there, "Then, yeah, I'm up for it!" she cheered.

"Besides, you've got a lovely cake..." she mumbled, with full mouth again.

Codestar7

Otto brightened a little. He was thinking to himself on the road, that he needed a short break from the rapidly growing drab occupation he spent all his daytime doing. He was a skilled fighter, and prospect of treasure arose.

"I'm in." Replied Otto, smiling. He needed to get a sword... And enchanted one. And a good bow and arrow. Then he would be set.

"How about we meet somewhere at dawn tomorrow? To get... Supplies. And a good rest. Can't be fighting rock covered enemies without rest can we?" Otto Lord, really wishing to get an enchanted weapon.
"What do you say you two?"

Wicked Basket

Having only one away may have effected his sight, but not his hearing. Cleatus had been paying particular attention to the misfit trio since their little altercation with the ruffian. He had just been about to intervene when the other man did. Things were probably better off that way anyway. Cleatus would have broken that brute's jaw. As he listened in, he heard one make an offer of adventure to the other two. Why he would want to take the small cat girl along was beyond him. She didn't look like much. What caught his attention the most, was the mention of fighting rock-covered enemies. That could only mean golems, which could only mean that an enchanted weapon would be required. No normal weapon would have an easy time cutting through stone. Seeing a business opportunity, Cleatus stood and approached the group.

"I hear you plan on fighting some rock-covered enemies," he began. "I think I can supply you with something that may help with that."

Leornid

"Yes, we will meet in front of this inn tomorrow at dawn. Get extra weapons, and some food. The ruins might be larger than I think. Right as they were about to leave, a man spoke to them. Leornid turned to face the man who had approached their table. Upon turning, he saw that the man was a huge, and had only one eye. A cyclops huh? He hadn't seen one of these for quite a while. The man had offered them supplies, in exchange for gold, Leornid assumed. Well, an enchanted bow would certainly be useful to him, and a sword too. Mundane weapons were not that useful against heavy-armored foes like the golems.

"I think I speak for all of us when I say we would be glad for any help we can get to fight the golems. What do you have that we can use against them?"

Anadwen

"Extra weapons?" Inusaki scoffed, and covered her mouth as she laughed. "That's just silly! You won't find a better weapon than this." She tapped the sheath by her side, and grinned widely. "You can get new ones, but I don't need them!"

The swords may be little, but they were certainly not useless. Just like herself...

Wicked Basket

"You don't need new weapons, huh," Cleatus said to the little fox girl. "Then tell me, can those blades cut through stone as if it were butter?"

Cleatus then addressed the whole group.

"I am the best weaponsmith in existence. I can craft any killiing implement and craft it better than anyone. I can make any kind of weapon you can imagine from butterknives to cannons. So, you interested?"

Anadwen

She turned her nose up. "Pfft. Stone? They can slice iron!" she replied confidently, and crossed her arms on her chest. "And I don't believe that you are best smith ever. Anyone who says he's the best is just boasting, you know?"

Wicked Basket

Cleatus slammed his fist onto table breaking it in two.

"Boasting?! BOASTING?! Some of the greatest weapons in existence have been forged by my hands! If anyone is boasting it's you. Those butterknives wouldn't even cut through wood."

Anadwen

"Wanna see that?" Inu-Inu countered him, rapidly unsheathing the blades, and with a sole strike slicing a piece of the table off. "I'm not boasting. I never said I was the best, I just said I was good."

The twin blades returned to their sheaths, and there was a grin on her face even now.

Wicked Basket

"You've done no more with those blades then I've just done with my fist," Cleatus said bluntly. "I'm not impressed."

Anadwen

"Then won't be, what do I care?" Inu shrugged childishly, and the two swords returned to their sheaths. "You need more than a good sword to fight, anyway. It's not all about the weapon!"