Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

An Amalgam of Odd Adventurers [Leo][Ana][Wicked][Ferr]

Started by Codestar7, April 22, 2014, 07:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codestar7

Otto finally interrupted, sick of the fighting that ahd erupted around him.
"BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP!" He called, with a red face.
"I'm not trying to be mean, but can the two of you stop fighting? It's not going to get anywhere. Why fight about swords and fists, when as a team, it matters not what we use, as long as we stick to gether and Don't fight."
Quite a crowd had milled during the fight, drunken men and woman choosing sides, booing their least favorite, as if it was a game, or a fight to the death. They had looked disappointed when Otto yelled.
"Now, why don't we just leave before anyone gets hurt? I don't like the look on these binge drikers' faces," he added, in a whisper.
Otto spun around, and charged out of the tavern, into an atmosphere much cooler and serene than what he had just emerged from. Also, the outside air didn't stink of beer. Otto dearly hoped his 3 companions (in the morn) would follow him, and escape the forlorn glares of tavern-goers.

Otto would meet them here in the morning, it was up to them to do what they wished for the night, but he would rest aftern his day of sauntering up and down the dirt road to Cerenis and from Serendipity in the sweltering heat that day ahd brought. But first, his weapons. He paused for another minute to see if the girl, the cyclops, and the man would emerge, unhurt.

Leornid

As Otto was leaving, Leornid turned to the other two:
"He's right, you know. If we are to be a team, we should stop fighting. Anyways. I'll be going too, I need to rest."
Turning to Cleatus, he said:
"We'll be gathering in front of this inn at dawn tomorrow. If you want to come you are free to. If you do, bring me a bow too, I can pay."
To Inu he said:
"Be careful little one. Don't get into any more fights, or no more cake for you."

Patting her head, he left. On the way to the room he was renting, he thought that this had gone well. He esxpected to be going alone, but now he had at least two companions to join him, even though Inu didn't look that mencaing. He suspected he might be wrong though. And that cyclops, Cleatus. He was probably coming too.

After sharpening his swords (you could never be sure when you'd need them), he went to bed. Tomorrow was going to be a big day.

Wicked Basket

Cleatus merely grunted in response to Otto. He was not too fond of the small cat girl, but he was never one to turn down a customer. Customers meant publicity because they would tell their friends who would tell their friends, etc. Cleatus left the tavern and headed home to see what he had in stock. Perhaps if he went along he could take some of their spoils as payment for his weapons. He always enjoyed seeing his creations in action, and it wasn't like he had anything else to do.

Anadwen

Morning came, and Inusaki was already sitting before the inn in the form of a white cat, licking her small paws, perched on a barrel beside the door. She was getting impatient as usually, and wasn't really in the mood to wait much longer.

If those guys weren't going to turn up, she'd just disappear...

Leornid

Leornid arrived at the inn right on time. For a while, he feared he might be late. He had overslept again. But he had made it, and it seemed he was the first. There was only a white cat in the street with him for now. So he leaned against the inn's wall, with his backpack in his back and waited.

Anadwen

Inusaki noticed the man, and crept up behind him, in a swift moment turning to her human form and launching herself at his back with a loud, high-pitched squeal. "Hey there!" she cheered, jumping onto his shoulder in an attempt to grab onto his garb and hold herself there for as long as possible (and use him as a free ride).

Codestar7

Otto saw the three he had met that evening were coming, hopefully the cyclops would too. He did what he needed to, enchanting a sword, and stealing enchanted arrows, tough enough to pierce Dragonhide. Even those which had no Name*.

He returned the following morning, seeing Ainu on Leornid's shoulder. This made him crack a smile. Now all to come was the cyclops. He greeted the pair, and sat next to them.

Leornid

Leornid let out a yelp of surprise as Inu jumped on his back. "Where did you come from?", he asked. Then he put the pieces together. The cat ears yesterday, that cat that had been lurking around in the street just seconds ago, but was nowhere to be seen now...
"You are a shapesifter right? Or something close to that. Anyways, you can stay up there if you want, little one", he said with a smile.

Then Otto approached, and they exchanged greetings. Then they sat, waiting for the cyclpos.

Wicked Basket

Cleatus made his way back to the arranged meeting place. He had a large backpack no his back and a large warhammer in his hand. The warhammer was made for someone as big as Cleatus, making him the only one in the group that would have been able to use it effectively. He approached the group, set down the warhammer, and reach into his pack. After a couple seconds of rummaging around, he found a bow and handed it to Otto.

"There's your bow," he said simply. "You didn't really specify what you wanted, so I just brought you this one. It doubles your draw strength so the arrows will fly farther and faster."

Anadwen

Inusaki nodded at Leornid's question, and smiled widely. "I'm a girl, but when I want, I can be a cat! And thanks for letting me stay here... You won't regret keeping me here, ya know." She winked mischievously, and moved a little higher on his shoulder, to allow herself to study her other companion's new weapon. A pretty bow...

Not as pretty as her swords, but still pretty!

Leornid

Leornid nodded at seeing Cleatus, and smiled when he saw the bow he gave to Otto. That would certainly be of help. Seeing as everyone was ready, he said:

"Alright, let's get going. According to that book I read, the ruins are some distance to the east. We'll first stay close to the coast, then we;ll get in a nearby forest where we will find the ruins. Again, be careful. Worse things than goblins might be in there. Stick together.

Anadwen

"You mean - stick to your coat, right?" Inu-Inu cheered, clutching Leornid's garb with her small hands with a greater strength than would be expected from someone her size. "Besides, goblins are nothing but afternoon snack stuff."

Wicked Basket

"That's the first thing you've said that I agree with," Cleatus told Inu, hefting his warhammer.

Cleatus was actually hoping that they would find something to fight. What better way to show off his weapon than by using it for the purpose for which it was intended? Hopefully it wouldn't be too long of a walk. Cleatus' occupation didn't involve a lot of aerobics, nor was he built for prolonged physical activity. He wouldn't be able to walk much longer than a couple hours. Hopefully these guys wouldn't be in any rush.

Ferr Windston

In the new sun's light, Damion paced quickly around the town. He over heard the talking of adventure in the tavern last night, and wished to meet the group before they set off. The human moved around the side of the tavern, seeing the group of adventuring souls. Damion, clad in grey and blue scale armor let out a slightly embarrassed call. He waved his hand in the air with a light blush upon his face. "Excuse me!" His voice sounded a pitch or two off, due to the morning rush and late night drinks. "I am sorry to interrupt you all, but last night I overheard your plans. To visit a ruin on an adventure, yeah? I was wounding if I could possibly join you on your quest." The pale human spoke with an optimistic smile.

Codestar7

Otto saw the Cyclops approaching, and then the Cyclops handed him a bow. He looked puzzled for a moment, and handed the weapon to Leornid.
"You asked for this, Leornid, not I." Otto assumed the Cyclops forgot.
He spotted a man rapidly approaching, not knowing he would stop at the queer group. When the man asked to join the group, Otto spoke first.
"I don't like that you be eavesdropping, but hey, we were very loud so who could blame you? Sure. Five adventurers couldn't hurt. You're welcome, as long as the others agree."

((OOC, I'm changing the title, due to a change in objective and numbers. The thread will now be called - An Amalgam of Odd Adventurers. Any objections, please do so in an OOC and I'll change it back.))

Ferr Windston

"I do apologize." Damion lowered his head. "But it is true...Your band was well above the tone of the other patriots."

The man looked to the other members of the group and bowed his head. "Pleased to meet you all. I am Damion Nix, an wanderer hailing from Connlaoth. Do forgive me for my intrusion, but I have been in a slump for the past while. Please allow me to join you all." His ghostly blue eyes gazed at the other's with optimism.

Leornid

Leornid thanked Otto for the bow. Just as he was about to suggest that they begin their journey, a white haired, pale human arrived, and asked to accompany them. After thinking it over for a bit, Leornid said:

"Well, as Otto himself said, it would be good to have another adventurer with us. From your armor, you seem like a capable enough fellow. Alrighty then, since we are all here, shall we get going? Follow me!"

Leornid started following one of the Town's roads that would get them to the coast. Without looking back, he said:

"Are you coming, or do you want me to get all the treasure?"

Anadwen

Inu sighed audibly as Damion joined them. "I don't wanna split the monsters to smash with another person, Leo-Leo! And you don't mind me calling you Leo-Leo, do you?" Her widely smiling face with a perpetual rosy blush on her cheeks appeared right beside him. She shouldn't be a problem on his back - her weight was so light a loaded backpack would be heavier!

Ferr Windston

Damion started following behind the man known as Leornid. The warrior kept his expression subtle, not to seemed over eager nor under appreciative. He adjusted the bag he carried on his back, next to his weapon. Looking at the one called Inu, Damion felt some hostility coming from her words. He didn't know whether to take them seriously or not. He would just have to not hinder these people on their journey.

Codestar7

Otto followed Leornid, now nicknamed Leo-Leo by the girl Inu. He paused, and glanced back at the remaining three, gesturing them to follow Leornid, the leader.