Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Benevolent Meeting (Ferr & Shinn - Semi-open)

Started by Ferr Windston, April 29, 2014, 11:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferr Windston

In the high, and dangerous Kilanthro Mountains, the screeching of armor against rock could be heard. Moving ever so frightfully, Damion Nix inched his way along a narrow path overseeing a death insuring fall. His back was up against the mountain, flat and enduring. His eyes filled with desperation as he gazed as his feet and the ever so distant goal. It was of his own foolishness that guided him to this point. He had thought that by hugging one of the taller formations, he would somehow pass through the area quicker. Though the next hour proved him false. His nostrils flared as he took in soothing breathes to calm himself down. Sadly his tense body could not shake the terror plaguing it.

As his feet shuffled, his armor ground itself against the stone and echoing out waves of faint screeches. The man was close to his destination now, a smaller cliff that would lead him to safety. "To all the things that are pure in this world...Keep me strong." The wanderer muttered before leaping with his sword in hand. His powerful jump landed him halfway between death and sanctuary. His free hand clawed its way into the earth as the blade pinned it's beholder into place. His strong legs dangled for a moment before he began to climb onto the cliff. Pulling himself and pushing against the cliff, the less-than-flexible warrior final had a moment of rest as he laid on the stone surface.

After what seemed to be an eternal struggle, Damion placed his sword back into it's scabbard on his back. With great --and restored-- vigor, the Coonoalthain started down to the safer route off the rocks. Finding his way to a more open road, the signs of a home could be seen. As Damion made his way down the path, he found what seemed to be a small settlement, or at the least a cottage. The man approached the oddly placed dwelling and knocked on the door. He called out into the home. "Hello? Is there a Sir or Madam whom leaves here? Please tell me it is so!"

Shinn Makarov

A Silver Haired man opened the Door , Astonished at his armor and quickly recognized him as a paladin , " Good sir would you like to join me for Dinner " Asked the man politely to the paladin

Ferr Windston

Damion looked quizzically at the man. "I thank you for the offer, but is it not odd to simply invite strangers into a home and to share a meal?" The paladin asked as he nonetheless entered the home with two steps. He examined the interior of the home with humble appreciation. He unlatched his weapon from his back and placed it in his hands. He gently placed it to the side as to show his good will. Looking at the silver haired man, Damion felt a strange aura pulsating off the man.

Yet he held no proof to ask of this subject. "You have a nice and humble home Sir." The Paladin bowed his head and took off the gauntlet and extended his hand. "My name is Damion Nix. It is a great pleasure to meet someone in these mountains." The young man smile with bright blue eyes.

Shinn Makarov

He prepares the table and the plates for two , " you aren't the first one to stumble in my humble Cottage sir Damian * He Then place the meat in the center , " You see only Merchants and Wanderers travel this Treacherous mountain , for they say there's a safe passage in this mountains but with many cliffs and Wild animals makes the journey perilous  "  He said , " Oh and by the way my name is Balthazar " He bows " At your service Sir Damian "   

Ferr Windston

"Oh I am not even two decades old. Not right to be called a Sir just yet." The man said with a chuckle. "But thank you Balthazar for the welcome. I found out the love of this mountain the hard way when I was attempting to traverse it quickly and without any true guide. There was a road that would have taken a while longer, but now I see that safety outweighs time." Damion removed his other gauntlet and placed them inside his bag beside his blade. The enchanted blade held the faintest of glows to it while in the scabbard. 

Damion took his seat at the man's table and folded his hands in his lap. He would not be rude and take the first pieces of food before the master of the home. "So what drives a man to live in such a location? The silence? The view perhaps?"

Shinn Makarov

Balthazar Took his seat and took a piece of meat to his plate " Well the view is  the best you could see everything here , the silence is kinda ok but sometimes lonely but there's always the wildlife here to accompany you well Except the trolls " he took a bite of the meat , swallowed it and drank a cup of water , " What brings a paladin like you in this harsh mountains * Asked Balthazar   

Ferr Windston

Damion also took a piece of the meat and placed it on his plate. Dusting his hands off, the warrior took a look at the man and nodded at his comment about the view and also the trolls. The armored man took the food out of his mouth to answer the hermit's question. "I wander the earth to cleanse it of darkness and evil. I was tasked with this oath by an angel at the moment of my birth." The white haired young man sighed.

"It is a long story that not even I, myself, would have believed. But in the end I was convinced of it by facts and reality." Damion took another bite out of his meal with a more somber pace. "But I do not claim myself to be a whole paladin. I feel as though they need to naming of such rank to be given to them by a man of Rule or such."

Shinn Makarov

Balthazar listened to Damion's Story Intently " Angels are Strange Creatures themselves you know " he drank from his cup again and took a bite from the meat , " You know i once meet someone who doubt himself once " Said Balthazar in a muffled voice , He swallowed the meat , " He was given a quest to slay a Mountain Dragon " He Chuckled " But he was too scared to face it but something changed in him when he slept here ,"

In a serious tone " He said a Angel visited him last night and told him not doubt oneself for the angel was watching and assured him he will survive " he drank again from his cup and sighs " Sadly half of it was true , he barely survived with 2 legs and 1 arm attach to him " He laughed 

Ferr Windston

"Sounds as though there might have been some mixed messages between the two." Damion said, rather hastily chewing on his meal. With a hard swallow, his neck bulged as the meat dropped into his belly. "But that was over three years ago. I am now fully assured that all things were true. Very sad though, a Coonoalthain destined for this path. It was very hard for me to get away before they took me to the church." Damion took a drink of water before

Shinn Makarov

At the last statement Balthazar looked at Damion with pity " Care to tell your past Sir Damion " asked Balthazar with a curios look

Ferr Windston

Damion took a deep sigh and shook his head. "It is nothing. In Coonaolth, the young whom show magic are taken to the church to try and repent. Magic using is a sin in the country." The white haired man said before rubbing the back off his neck. He tried to reach his back, but in a vain attempt. He gave up on the action and took another piece of meat. "In short, my father was a Demonlord. He saved my life by forfeiting his own."

Shinn Makarov

Balthazar Folded his hands in Disagreement * Magic is a Gift to some , A curse to others * He takes one last bite form the meat * Magic is the gift of the Creator or what have you , It's only a curse when you don't used it well * He Drank from his cup , * the thing about your father , i have no answer and it's nearing midnight * He says with out of concern * And many things lurk this mountains i suggest you'll get some shut eye * he points a door in the left * you can use the guest room * He walks to his room * Good night Sir Damion ,it's nice chatting with you * And the door slams shut   

Ferr Windston

"I suppose I thank you?" Damion replied, and once the door slammed shut he winced. "Damn that was quite the stomp." The man sighed and placed his set away to the side. He dusted his hands off before walking over to retrieve his items. Picking up his gauntlets and greatsword, the white haired man went towards the assigned room he was loaned by the man.

Opening the door with his shoulder, Damion placed his items by the side of his bedding. He removed his large, rock-like boots before laying down. He took in a deep breath before letting out a deep sigh. With his sword in his hands, He closed his eyes, awaiting for the day to come.

Shinn Makarov

" Wake up , Damion " Balthazar tried to wake up Damion for a morning meal " Damion wake up or your  going to be late for breakfast " he said as he walks away to the Kitchen

Ferr Windston

"Breakfast?" Damion opened his eyes quickly and rose up from bed. He had slept lightly that night, never having a hard sleep in the homes of strangers. The warrior began to redress himself before stepping out of the borrowed room. His white hair was flattened in the back and blue eyes darker due to sub-par slumber.

Shinn Makarov

Balthazar begins to fix the table , and begins to places the food but something caught his eyes , A shadow lurking around the house , He begins to investigate

He started to look at the window , but as he looked on , a dark arm breaks the glass and grabs him throwing him outside 

Ferr Windston

"Balthazar!" Damion roared and ran to the window. He drew his sword form it's sheath and bursts open the front door. "Who interrupts this man's tranquility!?" Damion opens his eyes wide to seek the intruder and Balthazar himself.

Shinn Makarov

A Gargoyle like creature with reddish skin and horns in its head , Was choking Balthazar and when the demon got sight of Damion threw Balthazar at the side , " Damion of Coonaolth , Your presence is a bane to demonkind , you will die in this day * Growled the demon as he summoned his Great sword , and rising from the ground , Demons 

Ferr Windston

"I have forsaken my citizenship to any land." Damion stated with fury in his eyes. He slid the tip of his blade along the ground before him in a light. The blade began to glow as the holy magic flowed through it. "I am of this Earth, deemed with a purpose from above." His voice became more tense as he cling to it with both hands. "I shall erect a stone tower towards the light." He stomped  on the ground and took a battle stance.

Shinn Makarov

*Your sword won't work on me , worm i will eat your flesh * Shouted the Demon , sending a frenzy through the lower demons , the demons begin to charge at Damion with the fury of hell surrounding him with Hellfire and with the smell of Sulfur in the air

Balthazar was knocked down , but not entirely , he tried to get up but was pinned down by the Demon " You're not going anywhere , An... " He cut the voice of the demon by running to the wood but the demon gave chase by flying and taking him up in the air , * You will die now * Said the demon as he stab Balthazar in the chest and releasing him in mid - air . Bleeding and near death