Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Great Escape!

Started by Cambie, June 16, 2014, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Aryn!" she sputtered, clutching the bars breathlessly. "Don't! Please don't kill her!" And new tears formed upon her eyes, causing their blue color to shimmer.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Aryn looked up, sword stopped at the fallen knight's throat. "What? The moment she wakes up, she'll bring this whole camp down on us!"

He saw the pain in her eyes though, and grumbled slightly to himself. Ever since he met her, he had become soft. Not especially useful for a baseborn sellsword like him.

Luckily, upon looking back down, the gleam of a small metal key caught his eye. With a triumphant yell he let the sword clatter to the ground before roughly yanking the chain from around Lillian's neck. It took a few moments of fumbling for him to insert it into the keyhole, but finally he heard it click and threw the metal door wide open.

visualspice

"Aryn..." those soft blue eyes pleaded. "Please, she is no enemy. She is simply doing her job."

And when he dropped the sword, she released her held breath,a nd when she saw what he had found, her eyes widened as she braced herself, and the moment the door was swung open, she was so stunned, she found herself simply staring at the opening dumbly. And she was so startled by everything that had come to be, she swore she could have fainted, but somehow, as she felt her legs go loose, she gripped onto Aryn, and it helped shake her out of her almost swoon.

"Gods, Aryn," she said, clinging to him tightly as she embraced his large form. "I never thought I'd see you again." And as she pressed herself to him, he'd be able to feel her tears slip down her face, before her flesh suddenly touched his neck...
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Being this near to Kella almost felt surreal to Aryn as well. Three years... those three years had been long ones, full of disappointment, pain, blood. As she embraced him, he felt a lump in his throat and threw his own arms around her tiny frame, feeling the warmth of her body.

He'd almost forgotten about her deadly touch, and was almost surprised when her skin touched his neck and immediately sent an agonizing pain shooting down his body. His face screwed up at the feeling and unconsciously he let go of her, reflexively taking a step back -- and promptly tripped over Lillian's prone body, crashing to the ground beside her.

visualspice

Kella gasped and watched in fear as her touch had it's usual affect upon her unsuspecting victim, and soon she dropped down beside him, apologizing as her eyes filled up with tears again.
"Aryn! I'm so sorry! I... I..."
Had she forgotten her own curse? Her face wrinkled in pain and shame. If only she hadn't been born a twin... born cursed...

Cambie

Aryn groaned in pain as he lay on the floor where he fell, his face contorted in a grimace, his eyes closed. He could still feel the residual agony tingling his every being. Somewhere in that groan though, an awkward laugh bubbled up. This was the Kella he remembered, curse and tears and all. At the very least, that jolt confirmed that he'd found her.

"By Ansgar I missed you, Kella," he managed to gasp out, feet still basically heaped over Lillian's unconscious body.

visualspice

Despite the awkwardness, and the evident pain he was in, and the guilt that clenched her gut, she too, found a rare smile tugging at her lips from where he lay.
"I'd say I don't believe you, but I know better." Her smile grew sheepish then before she daintily, and most hesitantly, stepped near him and offered him a gloved hand.
"Here, let me help you up." ANd as she tucked back some blonde curls,s he blushed, adding, "And no worries about the touch. I... the gloves will keep you safe."

Cambie

Her hand invited a bit of hesitation on his part, but eventually he reached out and took it anyway. Once back on his feet, Aryn immediately peered down at her, maneuvered to an angle that afforded him a bit more safety, and tightly embraced Kella again. "You best believe it," he mumbled into her hair, which was longer than he remembered. They'd both changed so much.

After a moment he pulled back a bit and stared down at the unconscious girl at their feet. "What do we do about this?" he asked. "I'm still saying that letting her live is trouble."

visualspice

Kella's breath caught in her throat.
"No," she said, placing a hand against his arm. "She doesn't deserve that."
And she frowned, biting her lip as she thought over what to do. "We could leave her... we'd be out of here before they could wake her."
The army didn't have magic after all, or so she believed.

Cambie

"Fuck," Aryn suddenly exclaimed. In his excitement over finding Kella, he'd completely forgotten about the gaggle of guards waiting outside for him. Not to mention the commander of this prison fort.

"I, ah... didn't really think this plan through, to be honest,
" he said to her. "How do we get out? They're waiting out there for me. They think I'm your brother."

He glanced down to Lillian again with a frown. The blood would leave a stain on the stones that would be difficult to remove.

"What if you took her armor?"

visualspice

Kella was taken aback.
"Take her armor? But I... I couldn't!"
It was shame her and humiliate her! And she knew Lillian Coleridge had never meant to harm her- it was only her job....

But what could they do? Peering over at the door she felt herself beginning to sweat. Was there really no other way?

Cambie

Aryn knelt beside Lillian. With a firm finger he gave her a nice hard prod.

"I could take her sword and maybe fight our way out?" Of course, the moment he said it, he knew that plan was doomed for failure. No way he could outfight a handful of trained guards. After all, he was little more than a mongrel who learned his craft on the road.

"I... I don't know. Looks like you might fit it though," he said, as he started tugging at straps.

visualspice

Kella visibly cringed.
"Even.. even if it did I... I don't know if I could pass as Lady Coleridge. I... I wouldn't even know what to do to pretend to be a knight of the white lily." To her, those sorts of soldiers always seemed to come from another world.

Cambie

Aryn had to laugh at that. He'd managed to unstrap half of a bracer, but gave up on the rest of it when he realized doing it with one hand was next to impossible. Instead he sat back on his haunches and looked up at Kella.

"I don't even know what a Light Lily Knight is," he said with a shrug. Probably some secret sect of mage hating knights, not that he trusted mages much either. In fact, Kella might have been the one mage he could tolerate being near.

His face turned solemn for a moment. "We might have to fight our way out then, unless you have a better idea."

He bit his lip.

"And if we do, I... ah... might need you to touch a few people."

visualspice

Kella's only response came as a fearful, open mouthed gape. Then when words and wit finally returned to her, she shook her head and down cast her eyes, which were now clouded with more fresh tears as she blinked them.

"N-no, we ... we couldn't possibly fight. There's an entire army here."
They'd be killed!
And as her frown deepened- she realized the only possibility of them ever hoping to get out was...

"Help me remove her armor."
At least she could say she died trying. And Aryn had come all the way out here to save her. They at least had to try.

Cambie

Aryn cracked a wide smile at that, and went right to work. It took him a while but finally he was unable to unstrap the unconscious Lillian's left bracer.

His eyes remained on his work, not looking up. But some moments later he said, "Look, Kella. If we get into any trouble, I have a horse just up the hill from the main gate. You get there and ride off, and don't look back."

visualspice

Kella went quiet after his words. Such a commanded made her halt whatever she was doing as she looked up at him.
"Aryn..."
How could she leave him behind after he went through all of this trouble to try to rescue her?

Cambie

Aryn looked up to meet Kella's piercing blue gaze. It was as if he could read her thoughts, the way his face showed his firm resolve.

"I came all this way to get you out of this place, and I'll be damned if I fail at that. Now let's get this armor onto you eh?"

He gave another apologetic look to the unconscious Knight, but continued undoing the straps of her armor. Another bracer soon came loose.

visualspice

Kella too, gave a sympathetic gaze down to Lilly's form before she, with the aid of Aryn, slipped her into the armor.
"If we get caught doing this, I'm going to be hung twice," she said, releasing a nervous laugh as she looked over at Aryn.
"How do I look?"

Cambie

Aryn took a step back to assess Kella. The armor was a bit big and clumsy on her, but that was to be expected, seeing as she was so slender to begin with. Otherwise she might have passed for a knight, if not for those fearful doe eyes of hers. He'd forgotten just how blue they were.

He couldn't help but grin. "I liked you better when you had that pretty white dress on. But I guess this'll have to do."

One look down at Lillian brought a grimace to his face. The unconscious girl had been unceremoniously stripped down to her breeches and smallclothes. "Let's toss her into the cell. At least there's a bed for her to sleep it off."