Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Business Endeavours

Started by chandonr, June 18, 2014, 04:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chandonr

(( OOC: This thread is set around a game year in the past ))

"Sir, the carriage is set to leave in about an hour.. Do you have your bags ready to board?" Lilla, a personal assistant of sorts and relative to Demios, said as she walked swiftly at Deimos side. Deimos had been planning a business trip to the Cerenis for quite sometime now, but he had been spending every last second either in his workshop or in the business place. This trip had come faster than expected.

"Sir, are you hearing wha..." Lilla said before getting cut off by Deimos. "Yes, my dear, I heard you. I'll tell the workers to board my bags when I'm done packing. Go prepare yourself. I would like for you to accompany me on this trip, if you don't mind?" They both stopped walking as they reached a elegant door that looks like it has been their for ages. Lilla just nodded and walked away with a smile.

Deimos turned towards his door and opened hit. He walked inside and the door quickly closed behind him. He went into his closet and pulled down a number of ornate luggages. He opened them all up and laid them on the floor. He looked at his wrist and saw his object that he engineered to tell time. 

" Ok, 30 minutes left..." Deimos said allowed to himself. He walked over to his closet and saw of clothing that he wanted. He shrugged and then started running. His senses sped up with his body. He went back and forth from his closet in a blur. He folded his clothing and packed, nearly his whole closet. He looked down to his wrist and saw that he had 25 minutes left. He was still in the mode of running. He picked up each bag and ran it to the door. Deimos let out a sigh, and slowed down his movement.

He wasn't winded or fatigued. Deimos opened the door, and saw about 5 workers outside of his door. " Please take these bags to the carriage" The workers did not say a word. They all picked up 2 bags and walked out the door. Deimos walked out and closed the door behind him. As he made his way towards the carriage, he stopped by the kitchen and went to the a box that was enchanted with ice magic. He opened the box and pulled out a bottle labeled 'Demio's Wine, please do not touch'. There were about 10 of these bottles with the same label in this fridge. He opened the dark bottle and took a couple of gulps as he continued to the carriage.

He boarded the luxurious carriage, which had a full enclosure. Deimos had engineered, himself, the wheels and the cabin of the carriage to make it lighter than the average carriage. Lilla was already inside of the carriage. She had her legs crossed, and papers in her lap. "I've been going over some of the profitable markets in Cerenis, and making a list of one we should check out" She said without taking her eyes off the paper.

Deimos smiled, "How did you become so much like me," Lilla just looked at him and chuckled, before returning to the papers. The carriage started to move. They quickly made it outside the city walls. This short part of the journey was already driving Deimos insane. he had tried to direct his attention to books but it wasn't working. "I think I'm just going to take off on foot from here.."

"I'm surprised you made it this long on the carriage.. Ok, have a safe trip we should arrive in about..." Lilla said as she felt a breeze. Deimos just jumped out the carriage and started to run. "Or you can just jump out, cause you know, that's ok too." She said to herself as she went back to her work.

Deimos felt the sun piercing his back. He didn't know the exact time, but it felt to be around 8 or so in the morning. Even with the sunlight ring, the sun made his skin red, and made him look sunburned. He kept running as fast as he could. To him it looked like he was going fast, which meant he was going really fast. He knew all of the geography of the area in his head, after traversing the lands all this time, he made a mental map.

The sea breeze felt nice as Deimos started to run along the coast. He could smell the salt in the air. He knew that he was starting to approach Cerenis. He slowed down his speed, but continued to walk at a faster pace. He felt kind of winded, like the average human after going for a jog. He walked into Cerenis easily. Deimos thought it was more difficult to get into the city in the past, but it was very laid back and tranquil as he entered.

An hour had passes since he left the carriage in Connlaoth. The sun was still out and Deimos went to the marketplaces and started to look at the various goods that were in the area. He examined every object in his head and thought about who would use the item and could it be profitable. He was wearing a light, black overcoat that went to his ankles and covered his whole body. It was tight fitting, but still Deimos could move easily in it. He continued walking around the marketplace, looking for something to catch his eye.

visualspice

The gang plank was lowered and the men on board her ship began unloading the cargo. The trip to Yoreiq had prove very fruitful, and she made an extra trade partner or two during the journey and she was excited to return to the main land and capitalize on this. For it was business, business, business, though pleasure would come from time to time, normally in the hours she set aside playing with her son. Her child, Samuel Swinden, had basically grown up onboard a ship, so being on land was a real treat for him, and he seemed to be immeasurably impressed and enchanted to all of the places his mother got to travel.

However, Dylanna Swinden knew that as her son was growing older, she'd need to establish herself back in the city, and she dreaded her trek west, to Arca. And Arca meant she had to most certainly face the man her was the unknown father of her son- which had become one of the greatest fears of her life. Ryk Handelaar was a merchant about as wealthy as she, but he was a con artist in his own right, and where her father saw potential and good in him, she- on the other hand, felt far too vulnerable to his charms. And that one fateful night upon the ocean... though he was somewhat of a hero in her eyes, she still acted like a fool- in both the night and morning after, for the man had met with her in lust, and then later- her scorn.

But her child, the beautiful, handsome boy that he was, was a God send, a real treasure, and had done wonders for her life where as before she had always felt a longing, an emptiness- for business and trade was always her life, her passion- but it was never something real, or tangible. It was not a true love, for her work could not reciprocate feelings like a man could, or the curiosity of a youth. Yes, Samuel Swinden was her whole world, and as she exited the ship, she scooped up her son before he could run off to cause any trouble. He was such a young boy then, barely three years old now.

Three years old.. had it truly been that long since she had been to Arca? Perhaps Ryk Handelaar would have forgotten about her for now, and she could go on with her life as it was. After all, no man would be interested in a woman who already had a child and was as old as she- but then again, she was not only a wealthy merchant, but a lady of nobility. And though she had a proper place in society, her love and home would always be the sea.

"Now, Samuel, calm down!" the mother scolded, but it was an affectionate scolding as she kissed Samuel upon the head and held him close at her hips. She turned back to her men, commanding them to finish unloading the ship. She was going into town, and Samuel was excited to hear about it, and when the pair had made it to the market, Samuel had squirmed hi way out of his mother's arms and went dashing off into the market, giggling excitedly at his freedom.

"Samuel!" Dylanna shouted, rushing off swiftly after her son so as not to lose him in the crowd, but it didn't take long before the poor child ran full force into some strangers leg, and stumbled onto the floor with a yelp. Moments later, Dylanna was scooping up her son as he had tears in his eyes from the fall and she held him close, cooing to him and telling him it would be alright, and as she held onto him close, she peered over at the man he had run into, one eye half covered by her dark hair as she apologized.

"I'm sorry. My son seemed to have gotten away from me."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

chandonr

He could feel an enchantment flowing through the wand. Deimos had stopped at a small shop that held magical weapons. Wands, staffs, tomes and things of that nature. More than he cared for the actual wand, he liked the feeling of the enchantment. This is the way Deimos sorted out who would make enchantments for his own gear.

He continued to examine the wand as he felt a thump on his leg. What the hell? He thought to himself as he looked down. At first he thought it was a dwarf of some kind. He didn't think a child would be in this place. But when he looked down, it was indeed a child. Deimos quickly examined the child and saw his brown hair and blue eyes. He smiled as he squatted down to the around the child's level.

"Now where might your mother be?" Deimos said in a voice higher than usual. As soon as he said that, he could hear a woman shout a name in the crowd. He could only assume this was the mother. When he saw the woman scoop up her child, a flashback came to his mind. He saw the days when he had children, and how he also felt love for a child. These days, however, were long gone.

"Oh no worries. It happens to the best of us,"

There was a slight smile on his face as he looked at the woman. He had a bigger smile at first, but the flashback dullened his face. He could feel tear coming to his eyes. He went into his left pocket and pulled out a red cloth, that served as a handkerchief. He placed the cloth to the edge of his right eye and wiped. It was prudent  that he wiped his tears as soon as they form because of their nature, being that it's blood.

visualspice

Samuel clung to his mother, burying his face into her shoulder as Dylanna offered the other man a smile in return.
"Yes, well, the both of us have been at sea for a while. I think he just got a bit too excited to see land," she informed the man and gave a sigh, but smiled down at Samuel. It was after she kissed the top of his head did the blue eyed boy peer up at her.

"Can I go and play yet?"

Dylanna released a breath through a smile.
"Not quite yet, Samuel. Mommy has to meet a business partner. But while I'm busy, I'm sure Jasper won't mind watching you. Perhaps you two can find a nice place to play?"

Samuel made a face up at his mother.
"But Jasper smells weird." The boy protested. "And he can't run as fast as you."

Dylanna couldn't help herself but smile, a flush consuming her cheek delicately as she laughed.

"That's because Jasper is much older than me. Now, will you be a good darling for your mother and behave until it's the proper time to play?"

And Samuel, naturally, shook his head as he grinned and his mother had to laugh.
"Oh, you won't now will you?" she moved to prod his side, lightly tickling him as her son curled up in a shriek of delight in her arms.  Sighing, she turned away from him, shaking her head and readjusting the weight of the child on her hip as she brushed her dark hair from her face and peered over at the man.

"You'll have to forgive us. I've got a business meeting to attend. I'm planning to open up more trade in Connlaoth. Perhaps you've heard of the Swinden family name. I'm Dylanna," and she properly introduced herself with a bow of her head. "Though I suppose if you want to be formal about it, it's Lady Dylanna Swinden." Though as she presented it that way, it was obvious she was none to happy with such a title. She still saw herself as a merchant, and very rarely as one of the noble elite. "Though if you prefer, Miss Swinden is just fine."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

chandonr

Deimos sat the wand back down on the table from which he had picked it up, put his handkerchief back in his pocket and  turned his attention to the woman. He watched the love between the child and the mother and Deimos couldn't help but smile.

"Both of you are fully forgiven," He did a slight bow and continued. " Well it seems as if fate always has a way to bring people together, I'm a businessmen from Connlaoth." He went through his memories thinking about any interactions he may have had with the Swinden line. He remembered interacting with some of the family line through one of his routes through Serendipity, but it was a while back.

"I am familiar with the name, its nice to meet you Dylanna. I'm Deimos Aphrodisios, a leader of one of the noble houses in Connlaoth." Deimos rarely called people with a title, he preferred just using the first name. Deimos did noticed how she used the word 'Miss', inferring that she wasn't married. It was odd, especially for a noble woman, to have a child out of wedlock.

"If you don't mind me asking, who are you meeting with from Connlaoth?" Deimos wanted to keep the conversation flowing. If someone was going to increase trade to Connlaoth, Deimos would want to be apart of it.

"Hey Lilla, how far away are you from Cerenis?" Deimos asked through their telepathic link. He still maintained a smile on his face. Urm, probably about 30 minutes, why? Lilla responded while sitting in the carriage. I'm speaking to a woman that seems to be interested in opening business to Connlaoth, and it would be great if we could spearhead this project. It would be great for you and your expertise to be in the conversation. Deimos said through the link. Well everyone can't run out of a carriage and speed off to a town. So be happy that I'm getting there when I get there.

Deimos had to restrain himself from laughing. He didn't say anything else through link and just let it lie dormant. He continued to look at the Dylanna and her child, smiling, and waiting for a responce.

visualspice

"It's nice to meet you," she said, shifting the weight of her child at her hip, "Lord Aphrodisios." She hoped she hadn't butchered his name and gave him a tired smile, but when he inquired as to who she was meeting, she gave it freely.
"His name is Tate Denzmen. Have you heard of him. He resides in the port City of Allar. I have met with him before, but the last time it seems our numbers did not agree. But we're hoping to meet again as it seems some of the trade goods my clients have to offer are of interest to Connlaoth now." And she cleared her throat here, leaving out any awkward mentions of the war up north.

"But you said your a business man? Perhaps if you wish to meet over business, that can be arranged. Though I'll only be in the city for just this night. We're heading back to Arca, soon."

chandonr

" Good job at pronouncing the name on your first try" He said with a grin. "Also 'Lord' isn't necessary here, we are all equals. Are we not?"

He listened to her talk and ran the name through his head. He ran the name through his head and remembered doing very minor business with him sometime in the past.

"Yes, I actually do. I've had business with him in the past. Well, I hope that goes well for you." Deimos nodded before continuing " I would love to talk with you more about business. My sister will be arriving shortly and we both are in the business together, so hopefully both of us will be able to get together.  I'll probably be around here the entire night, and if you come back here, I'm sure you will find me."

visualspice

Dylanna stared at the man, then released a breath through a smile, a breath she had not realized she had been holding and gave the man a nod.
"That sounds like a date." And then she blushed, realizing the implications.
"A business date," she hastily corrected, tucking back some of her dark hair from her face.
"Is there a place you'd prefer to meet?"

chandonr

He smiled and nodded. He heard a breath when Dylanna smiled, then he had to think. Was she breathing a little bit earlier? Then he could see her cheeks rosy up a little bit. He acted like he didn't noticed, trying to stay out of an awkward conversation.

"A business date, indeed. " Deimos thought back to his last time in Cerenis, which was some time back but remembered a shack that served food. "Well I came here some time back, and I remembered a shack by the sands that served impeccable food. I don't know if this place is still around, but if it is, it would be a great place for us to meet up."

He continued to have a light-hearted smile and had hands behind his back.

visualspice

"Oh, you mean Dimetri's? I've been there dozen's of times!" she told him, elated to find someone as enthused about the small establishment as she.

"I like their soup!" Samuel chimed in, excitedly. "And their fish cakes!"

chandonr

"Yes, yes, that's the place! It's amazing, isn't it?" " I like the fish cakes too" He smiled at Samuel. Deimos never actually knew the name of the place, but remembered it's location. He could see the memory of it playing out in his head.

" I feel like we have a lot more in common than we know. I don't won't to hold you from your business meeting, but I await to meet with you later on."

visualspice

Dylanna gave a nod and bid the man farewell. Even the shy Samuel, who had become more animated at the talk of food, waved his little hands at the tradesman as he and his mother departed.

The meeting with  Tate Denzmen went as planned, and as she had hoped. Where as she and Tate hadn't met eye to eye before, it seemed they had both come to an agreement, and after over an hour of finalizing all of the deals, Dylanna left feeling enthusiastic, but also a bit exhausted. She had just returned from sea, and not only had she one important meeting after her lengthy travel, but now she had a second one to attend. Jasper had been stationed with Samuel while she conversed with Tate, but now that that deal was over, it was time to meet her other potential partner at Dimetri's, and with her son now in tow, she made her way to the harbor.

The sun had begun to set, casting the world in a deep orange light. She paused a moment, admiring the way the melting of the setting sun seemed to merge into the ocean, and she also enjoyed the sounds of the waves and cry of gulls. The smell of the sea was also welcoming, but so was the scent of food that began to drift her way. Feeling her stomach rumbling, her son gave a laugh.

"I guess mommy is hungry. Come on, Sam," and she gave a light tug to his arm and the two entered into the sea side shack.

The establishment was quaint, and could only seat a limited number of people, and by the time Lady Swinden arrived, it had appeared just about every seat was taken. She was a bit crestfallen, remaining at the front and contemplating waiting to get a seat, or perhaps, waiting for Deimos to arrive so they could figure this out together. Though she truly hoped they'd be able to dine here. Dimetri's was such a splendid place, after all.

chandonr

Deimos bid Dylanna and her little son farewell as they left. He even waved back to the Samual with a smile. Once the family left, Deimos returned to what he was looking at before fate intervened. He asked the merchant what the wand was made to do. Supposedly the wand was enchanted by a master craftsman who enchanted it to channel the four elements into physical manifestations. He gave the arcane merchant the price of the wand, and walked away with a wooden stick in a cloth bag.

Sometime passed and Lilla had arrived in Cerenis. Deimos was still roaming the marketplace, but Lilla was able to find him through their telepathic link. She was wearing a red top and had a loose flowing white skirt on. This was the first time she had ever been to Cerenis, and so far she loved it. No matter where you were, you could hear the waves hitting the shore.

Deimos informed Lilla about the lighthearted meeting he had with Dylanna. " She sounds like a good woman from what you told me so far." Lilla said as the walked slowly around the marketplace.

" She is. I've scheduled a meeting with her tonight, I feel like you guys will click. You will find her son adorable," Deimos respond. "Great, sounds like it should be fun."

Time continued to pass and the sun began to set. Deimos thought it was about time to head to Dimetri's. Both him and Lilla were dressed in the same apparel as earlier. They walked up to the spot walking side by side. Many people said that they looked like twins. Deimos saw Dylanna and put up a hand to wave.

They walked up to the shack and saw that the whole shack was packed. Deimos continued to look for a seat, but Lilla looked at Dylanna and said " Hi. I'm Lilla, I am Deimo's younger sister. He spoke highly of you, and I'm glad to make your acquaintance." She smiled towards Dylanna and her son.

Deimos found a couple with children geting ready to leave the establishment and so he went over to the seats and secured hem. There was only three seats, but Deimos would just stand.  He called over to Lilla who then told Dylanna, " It looks like he found us a seat!"

visualspice

Dylanna adjusted the weight of her son as she held him at her hip and smiled at Lilla as she tucked back some of her dark hair that had fallen over her face.
"Yes, Deimos had spoken about you. I'm Dylanna Swinden, and this is my son, Samuel. It's a pleasure to meet you,"s he said, bowing her head lightly.

"It's a pweasure to meet you!" Samuel mimicked with a shy smile. Dylanna smiled down at her son, kissing the top of his hair before she noted Deimos off in the crowd and sighed with relief.
"That's good. I was worried we might have to dine elsewhere." And she gestured for Lilla to lead. "After you."

chandonr

Lilla continued to smile to both Dylanna and Samuel. " It's a pleasure to meet both of you as well," She said with an upbeat tone.

Lilla saw Dylanna's gesture to lead, so she did. She walked in front of the family and walked to the table that Deimos was standing by. She saw that there were only three seats, but then saw Deimos pointing to the chair against the wall. Lilla took her seat in the wooden chair against the wall. Deimos was by her side, standing in gap between their table and the table next to them.

"Please take a seat," Deimos said with a smile. He thought about moving their chairs out, but then thought it would be even harder for them to get in. This place was packed.

visualspice

Dylanna graciously took a seat, but helped Samuel into his first. Once seated, she gave the siblings a smile.
"I recommend any of the crab dishes, if you're partial to crab meat. Normally I'll get some crab cakes and soup for myself and Samuel. Or some of the stuffed crab, or flounder. But everything is excellent, so I'm sure you'll find something you like. And the bread they serve is always hot, fresh and phenomenal."

chandonr

Lilla felt a little guilty that Deimos didn't sit down so she could sit down. So she scooted to side, and left half of the chair open. The chair was relatively big, compared to most. She patted her hand down on the chair. Deimos saw this and let out a slight laugh. He sat down on his half, still with a grin. They both bit the corner of their lips, a habit that Deimos picked up from his mother, and one that Lilla got from Deimos.

The waitress came up to their table with a basket of hot and fresh bread. The waitress was dressed in practical clothing, nothing fancy. She asked them for their order, and drinks.

"I'll take you up on that." Deimos said to Dylanna before turning to the waitress. "I'll have the crab cakes with water."

"And I'll have the stuffed crab with whatever alcohol you have," Lilla said right after Deimos.

visualspice

The food was divine. There was no comparing the delicacies that Dimetri's served, at least no place that compared on the coast. Though the food was good, they were here on business, after all, and once the wine was served, Dylanna cleared her throat.

"So your family is into the trade business? What sorts of goods and services do you offer?"