Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

House Vharzyym

Started by Anonymous, October 28, 2005, 11:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

yeah all good. I wish we still had announcements. I'll make a vharzyym rp OOC thread tonight so we dont discuss stuff like this in the rp thread anymore. I'll gtet it done tonight, i promise.

Anonymous

Venorik walked silently down the hallway, his cloak flowing behind him. Qee'lakstreea alerted him first. A gaurd came down the hallway, a man behind him. Normally the supreme overlord would be intrugued, but right now he was simply irked. He needed to check the progress of the research facility. There were many different projects that needed his attention, especially the virus. The alchemists wouldn't continue until they had his approval on the current results. The gaurd left quickly, which he was thankful for. He didn't feel like explaining anything. Qee'lakstreea instantly probed the outter,easily accessible region of Kerrigan's mind. He wouldn't notice. He wanted an alliance? He could always use more numbers.

" Greetings, Kerrigan." Venorik says absently, then continued walking down the hallway. "  Come."

He walked for a minute or so before speaking again. " I suspect I can trust you. I have things that call my attention. You shall accompany me." He moved into a new section of the building. It looked different that the rest. Most of the building was build in a style of defense, some even offensive. The entire building in itself was the ultimate fortress. The combined forces of all the major kingdoms of good could not infiltrate it without completely destroying it somehow from the outside, which would the drow had no doubt would take the combined effort of close to a thousand highly trained arcane mages. This section, though, was built to contain. Many things that had not yet been dreamed of in this plane resided in the research facility of the Vharzyym empire.

As he entered one room, he turned to Kerrigan. " This is one of our transportation projects. It seems you already know some about this field." he motioned to the large cage with his hand. Large bird mounts milled about. They had large talons, and their eyes were a milky white. " Keep in mind they are not natural." he looked toward one of the drow researchers examining one of the mounts. " Good." he told him. " Make sure they learn their commands."

He walked out, and entered the next room. " A little idea of mine, which was assisted by Balkin." He picked up a small weapon from a table that presented a few of them. They were hand-crossbows, but were very different from anything yet seen on this surface region, or on this world, he might presume. It had a revolving circle in the middle, that held six bolts. In the middle of each was a small vial with a clear liquid substance in it. " Observe" Venorik says with a smirk. He turned toward the small range that was in the room, a statue of solid steel at the end. " Pure steel." He informed Kerrigan, then he squeezed the trigger. A bolt flew out the end. At the same time that the circle in the middle turned, the new round prepared to fire again, the bolt hit the statue. Fire erupted from the point of impact, blocking all view of the statue. He squeezed again. and again. His finger twitched on the trigger until all six chambers were empty. The fire died. There was no smoke. Neither was there a standing statue. He smiled towards Kerrigan. " and now." he said moving out of that room and all the way to the end of the hall. He entered a completely new sector. Researches bustled about. " The virus."

Anonymous

A light finger of magic touched Kerrigan’s mind. It wasn’t invasive, but he opened up to it nonetheless. “Greetings, Venorik. And your companion need not hold back with his search of my mind. I have my own ways of such things, oh and on a side note you might want to eat more fresh fruits, your liver is suffering from a slight vitamin deficiency.� He grinned slightly under the dark cowl. A small demonstration, but it would get the point across. “Of course,’ he replied to Venorik’s invitation. Of course it was closer to an order, but Kerrigan was not bothered.

As Venorik clarified his words Kerrigan walked along beside and slightly behind him. This way he was in the same position as Venorik and yet still would not seem foolish by not knowing where to go. The subtle things made all the difference in these early encounters; they could make a potential partner instead into a master. He made sure to not let that happen. The architecture changed as they delved deeper into the building.

The aviary immediately grabbed Kerrigan’s attention. He automatically swept the birds over with a magic gaze, noting out a few things. “They cannot see distance as well as they should, you can see the eye colouration. And their hearts are beating too slowly for them to last a long flight.� As Venorik talked to the researcher Kerrigan could not help but let out a little grunt. Commands indeed. Such notions were ludicrous to Kerrigan. You can’t control a bird with simple commands.

Kerrigan watched Venorik's display with awe. Nothing like that had ever been thought possible by his people. By magic yes no problem, but without its aid, to be able to do something like that without magic! It was astounding. Kerrigan picked up a bolt and turned it over again and again in finger, as if somehow that would make its power more clear. The liquid looked just like water. He wondered at the results if someone drank it?

Venorik suddenly seemed very proud, as if beyond this door was his child who had just conquered a great foe. A chill ran up Kerrigan's spine at the word ‘virus’. For some reason the common term seemed to carry extra weight here.

Anonymous

Venorik moved swiftly through the research area, making his way to the very back. There was a bolted door, which he walked through, and sealed behind the two of them. A drow scientist was already waiting. They had an appointment. " It is already prepared." the researcher stated. They were in a room with a wall of glass on one side. On the other side of the glass wall was a room almost exactly like this one. On the other side was mage. Venorik couldn't tell where he was from, he had been placed in ordinary, brown rag clothing. " Are you prepared to conduct the test?" he asked the supreme overlord, and was answered with a nod. " Keep in mind that this test is accelerated exponentially. What you will witness in the next five minutes is what will take place in the course of two to three weeks in the final stage. We just await your approval vefore moving on..."

A Drow in a containment suit walked into the other room, sealing it behind him. He handed the prisoner a glass of water. " He will meet you soon." the Drow said, then left and sealed the door behind him. The mage on the other side drank the liquid before thinking twice. They had, after all, deprived him of nourishment for that specific purpose. About thirty seconds after consumption, the mage let an odd face take over his features. He began scratching at his skin. He attempted to use some kind of healing spell on himself, but instead of the desired effects he set his own arm on fire. He fiercly batted out the flame. By the time the flame was out, one could see the discoloration of his skin. It was blotched with purple, black, and blue, some even red. He continued to scratch. Almost two minuted had passed. Venorik couldn't peel his eyes away from the spectacle. The prisoner erupted with a fit of coughs, specks of blood hitting the floor with each heave. His skin started to bleed everywhere, his skin cracking.  At three and a half minutes, some lumps of dead skin actually fell off. He screamed. Four minutes had passed. About this time, he fell to one knee. He held a hand to his stomache, howling. The he lurched forward as his insides were released from the confines of his throat, creating piles of rotting, bleeding gore on the floor of the test room. His eyes were pink now, and with one last look at the door, then up to the heavens, he fell , and with one last spasm in the pool of his own intestinal tract, expired.

Venorik stared in awe for about fifteen seconds, then turned to the alchemist. " Amazing. Continue research at full capacity." The researcher bowed, then held the door open for he and Kerrigan. " Beautiful, is it not?" he asked. Another reasearcher ran up to him. The leader of a side project the supreme commander and warmaster had ordered. " They are ready." the drow said, handing Venorik three pouches the size of a man's fist. He continued to walk out of the research area, and back into the main part of the building. " I am sending you to head the taming of Essyrn." he stated to Kerrigan. he handed his ally one of the pouches, along with one of the hand crossbows with four interchangable circles filled with the volotile bolts. " Gifts for your journey. The one, i have already showed you, the second is a  gas that chokes the life out of enemies. Five vials, just throw them near the enemy, and watch the show. The lab has been tossing around a nickname for it,"Cleanser", i believe it translates into. As long as you wear this, you will be immune." He said, producing a V shaped adamant brooche from a pocket, and handing it to Kerrigan. " Go to Gunit, our tailor. He will take care of your adornments. After that, any mage here will gladly transport you to Essyrn. I am sure there is a plan of retaliation in that city. I want you to find them, and take care of them." Venorik said, before adding one last line with a smirk. " May your trip be a productive one, supreme commander."

Anonymous

Kerrigan made sure to keep close to Venorik as he passed through the heavy doors. He wasn’t afraid, it was so that he could explore the room with his mind and let his body follow Venorik by instinct. Try as he might everything was protected from his sight. Whatever this virus was it was of paramount importance to the Vharzyym. Kerrigan was brought back to himself by the clang of the door. He saw the man in the other room; saw that he was malnourished and weak. He had some sort of magical power, but Kerrigan had not encountered it before.

As the water was given to the man he couldn’t help thinking don’t do it, don’t drink it you fool. But of course the stupid creature did. He watched the display without showing the slightest emotion, although he did remove his hood. On the inside Kerrigan was revolted by what he was seeing, but at the same time recognised the potential of this weapon. When the mage finally threw up his own partially liquefied insides Kerrigan fought his bodies urge to try to do the same. He has bathed in the blood of thousands of enemies, slaughtered them, even eaten their flesh, but nothing compared to this.

When it was over Kerrigan stood still, waiting for Venorik to move first. When he did, Kerrigan followed. At the question Kerrigan simply nodded, still unwilling to open his mouth lest it release his breakfast. Kerrigan listened to his words and accepted the items without comment. Essyrn, he had heard something of it in his limited time here. The brooch he slipped into a pocket, as he wore no shirt. As for the tailor, he had seen his shop in his earlier inspection and was confident he could find it again. “Thank you Venorik, but I will require no transportation. We shall fly. As for these supposed rebels, I will deal with them, and avoid a fight is at all possible.� With that he turned and left for the tailor. Scree would be getting anxious; she hated not knowing where he was for extended periods of time. He had better find her before she starts biting people.

Anonymous

Venorik moved through house Vharzyym. He had some spare time, and was going to find some..company. Suddenly his brooche started to glow with a faint red light. He knew it must be important. Removing it, he placed it on the ground a few feet in front of himself. A life-sized, transparent 3d image of Jaenzyn appeared in the hallway above the brooche. He was bowed. " I am sorry to interrupt, Supreme Overlord." the drow mage explained

When the image dissipated, Venorik could only think of one thing: getting to Essyrn. He had to take care of business that the others could not handle alone. He had not thought that the city would be such a big deal, but of course the natives had to complictae things. It seemed, though, that Kerrigan's methods would help them. The locals would believe him, while he personally eliminated the leaders of the resistance while all eyes were focused on his supreme commander. But, though mighty he was, he did not wish to risk it by himself. The La'marri deal was to be postponed. He needed Kerath. With this decided, he went back the way he had come. A few corners, hallways, and two flights of stairs brought him to the level he had left them on. A few more turns, and he saw them. " Kerath" Venorik called down the hall. " The business deal has been postponed. We have another to close in Essyrn."

He looked down at Amana. She wouldn't know anybody here. She would have to come with him. " Your coming too." he told her. With an order, Qee'lakstreea informed the mages in the barracks to meet them in Essyrn when the soldiers meant for La'marri were prepared to leave. The demon opened a portal in front of the three, and Venorik walked through, pulling Amana in behind him.

Anonymous

Postponed?  Kerath had been under the impression that the conquest of La'marri was of the utmost importance, and had precidence over anything else besides possibly the virus that was in the final stages of developement within the experimentation wing.  "There must be some crisis in Essyrn," he thought.  "Something that requires the immediate attention of Vharzyym's leaders."  Kerath raised an eyebrow as Venorik told the girl that she would be going with them.  Something was drastic enough to merit both of them to go to Essyrn immediatly themselves, and disrupt the aquisition of an entire village.... But not so important that Venorik could afford to be distracted by an eleven year old human girl tugging on his cloak.  "Oh well, " he thought. "If he wants her to tag along, so be it."  Venorik was already stepping toward the portal he had made.  "Wait," Kerath told him  before he could step through.  "My shadows need to be informed."  

"Telanth, Bor'raizok ussta barra," he spoke to the air.  He had long ago devised a magical means of communicating with his leutenants over long distances.  Softly he heard a voice, sounding like a far away shout, drifting to his ears in a strong wind, answering his call.  He spoke again, normally this time, the magical communication already in place.  "Return to Zantaric.  There is a matter that requires my immediate attention.  The conquest of La'marri will have to wait another day."  Kerath paused.  The voice his leutenant was hearing would be faint, and he wanted to make sure Bor'raizok understood him perfectly.  "Contact the officer in charge of inspecting the troops about to move out, and tell him that he is to keep the soldiers ready to move out, but to wait for my command, which may not come for a day or more, depending on the nature of the emergency."  Kerath paused again.  "When you return, you will be acting leader of Zantaric.  Be ready to march the troops to La'marri if I give the word.  I will keep you informed."  Once he heard the supreme commander confirm he understood, Kerath terminated the communication with another command to the air:  "Venorsh, ussta barra," and followed Venorik and the girl through the portal.

Anonymous

Venorik woke up in his quarters, and in his bed he remained, sitting upright still under his sheats gold threaded sheats. He simply sat. There was nothing to entertain him at the moment, nothing to occupy his time. No enemy sat in another kingdom, challenging in any way. No prisoners to interrogate. The only thing he had to look forward to was the completion of the sickness. He had to smile as thought flooded through his head, visualizing the effects it would have upon the area, the region. Vith, he thought to himself, the world as a whole. He wondered momentarily whether or not it would traverse planes, infecting the astral, the abyys, the demonwebs. He could not know. He could not even know whether or not it would spread to the other kingdoms, though he was quite positive that it would. It had to. Finally, after an hour or two, he kept no track of time while in thought, or very often at all anymore, he decided to get out of bed. Slowly the Supreme Overlord rolled out, standing nude in his bedroom. Looking to the side, he noticed that the door leading to his main quarters was slightly cracked. The priestess had left it open, again, as she let herself out the previous night. For that act of disrespect, she would not be invited to his bed again. Certainly she would be flustered by such a harsh punishment, but he would pay it no mind; he had many others to choose from.

Bending down next to his bed, he picked up his enchanting leather leggings that went down to right above his knees and slid them on, followed by the matching leather vest. They felt so familiar....he had always worn them. Since coming to the prime material, they had been on his body whenever he left the protection of his quarters. He then made his way to his dressing room. Sifting through his collection of robes, all heavily enchanted and providing more protection than a full set of platemail, while being made of almost priceless combinations of materials, he found the one he would wear this day. Red, gold, and black, of course having the spider-skull emblem, the heralding symbol of Vharzyym, S'liston Bor'vizzmyyl, embroidered in a flashy manor all over the garments. Around it he put on his belt, heolding more items in the extradimensional pockets than he felt like counting, but including his matching flails, his choking gas and light vials, and his dual hand-crossbows with plenty of ammo to replace its exploding rounds. He did not even think of forgetting the dagger wrist and ankle-bands, holding ten small daggers in each of the four peices of leather. He then put his large, flowing red cape over his shoulders, with the vharzyym insignia emblazoned across it. He was ready for the day.

As he approached his throne in the main hall of house Vharzyym, many things happened. First, he saw the line of people waiting to hold council with him. Second, one of his laboratory advisors came to his side, explaining that the sickness was progressing amazingly and would be done within the month, a couple of weeks if all stays on shedule. Third, he noticed than Kerath was not among his men in the hall, which was odd. He didn't think anymore of it. Kerath could do what he wished.

And so his day went, with nothing truly important to him happening, as every day had been since he stragetically withdrew his forces from Essyrn, taking with him a horde of wealth.

"All praise the queen of spiders." Balkin said to his familiar, knowing that soon, more exctiment would come for his brother, who was seemingly becoming bored with his uneventful station of power as ruler of a lone Zantaric.

Anonymous

Kerath was not happy.

Peace and quiet, bringing with them inaction and boredom, were not things he enjoyed.  Since Vharzyym's withdrawl from Essyrn, there had been little for him to do that was worthy of his skills.  The citizens of Zantaric, as well as the merchants and frequent visitors to the village, had become used to Vharzyym's presence in the months they had occupied it, and everyone had by now fallen into an ordinairy routine.  Crime had all but stopped within a couple months, and the now bustling trade village was calm.  Even the outlying trails and roadways leading to and from Zantaric were safe and secure.  The bandits and highwaymen that once preyed upon merchants and other wealthy travelers had long since learned to fear Vharzyym's patrols and their brutal form of exacting punishment on those who seeked to do some damage, however miniscule, to their house.  There was very little now for Kerath and his army to do, other than routine patrols that never met with any resistance, guarding the gates that were never assailed, and collecting the tariffs that were always given full and on time.  Zantaric and Vharzyym were prospering;  and Kerath hated it.

A squirrel rustled in the upper boughs of the tree Kerath was sitting in, just outside the adamantine village wall.  He looked at it, and the creature promptly scurried away, noticeably more quietly.  Even the beasts around the village bowed graciously to the will of he and Venorik.  Kerath needed blood.

"Boy!" he yelled, flipping one of his throwing knives between the fingers of his right hand while his left sat propping up the side of his head against the tree bracnch.  

"Y-yes sir?" the human lad, a human about twelve that Kerath had decided to make his errand boy that day asked, slightly winded from sprinting to Kerath's position.  Kerath looked at the boy, smiled, and promptly flicked the throwing knife down, and into the boy's throat.  As he gurgled his last breaths and fell to the ground, Kerath sighed.  

"It's just not  the same..." he said quietly.  Then, hopping down from his perch, he decided to go look in on the lab, to see what progress had been made on the scourge.

(whoa... that was my first post since like, March)

Anonymous

"Though still not ready, sir, the illness nearing completion," the alchemist Venorik had placed in charge of developing Vharzyym's current priority explianed to Kerath as they walked through the the citadel's wing reserved for development of new weapons.  "Our experiments show that, right now, the illness is too deadly.  At this time, death occurs within seven days, and so would most likely burn out before claiming any large amount of beings.  I do believe that we have the ability to stabilize this scourge," the alchemist added quickly, perhaps noticing Kerath's dissapointment with his last statement.  "But the arcane elements needed will take some time to procure and make ready."

"How much time?" Kerath asked.  "I was told that it would be finished within the month two days ago."  If it was not soon, he feared he would go mad from boredom.  

The two drow came upon a section of wall under a transparency enchantment, and watched as an imp, caught by one of the duergar soldiers began coughing up blood.  Posted on the wall was a piece of parchment, with "Three days" written on it in bold, neat script.

The alchemist, not wanting to anger Kerath by pausing too long before answering, replied, "The elements are rare and hard to come by.  It is taking slightly longer than anticipated to aquire some of them.  All merchants and others affiliated with Vharzyym that are abroad are currently under orders to find them and bring them here with as much speed as possible without appearing indiscreet.  We could have all the required elements in a week, but it could take as long as three or four months.  There is no way to tell."  Kerath thought for a moment, decided the timetable to be, if not pleasing, at least acceptable, and nodded.

"Very well," he told the other drow.  "Keep me informed."  With that, Kerath turned and walked out through the door leading to the outer rooms of the complex.  He was barely ten steps down the floor's main corridor when a young soldier, a human, recently finished with his training in the academy, ran up to him with a roll of parchment.

"A sprite just flew in ten minutes ago with this for Lord Venorik," the soldier informed Kerath, handing the parchment to the warmaster.  "It said that Lord Venorik is invited to attend 'the fearie council' and that all the needed information was on the roll.  Then it flew away again just as quickly."

Kerath unrolled the parchment, read it, and paused, thinking.

"Go.  Summon your captain and tell him to have a full entourage ready for departure by the time Venorik returns.  Tell him that opulance and a show of power is imperative.  I will inform him of our mission once Venorik arrives"

Anonymous

Venorik entered back through the portal, still wiping blood from his hands. He was directly informed of the situation, and went to meet Kerath with the entourage, " I will not speak in the beginning" Venorik informed him. " Ted'orzack and Bill'casear will do it for me. Proceed." he said, and climbed upon his throne, which was lifted by four humans.

(short, but imma playing stick arena lol)