Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Noble in search of love [Romance][Sil]

Started by Lloyd Orodelo, August 10, 2014, 05:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Orodelo

"My mom was a servant. I remember her coming home crying. I hated it, I don't want to give it back to my own since I love them as a family." He said with a smile.

He sat comfortably in his chair, cross in one of his leg over the other knee. He took his glass of wine and enjoyed the last sips slowly. His eyes were scanning discretely Aluria.

"Strawberries were a lucky guess, they are my favorite too. I thought that a fine lady like you, considering your kin diet, would love them as I do." He giggled.

SilmeriaElemred

''It does tends to be dangerous, guessing someones likes through the diet the whole kin shares. There are fruits and vegetables I'd rather not have although that does not mean I will not eat them if I get them. Our diet is already strict enough and has to be compensated by eating other foods. She looked atthe wine and gently swirled it in her glass before taking a sip. ''If you and your staff are interested I could perhaps make a very special tea from a teaflower. I do need a glass teapot for it though'' she said. ''Otherwise I will bring the pot with me next time I am here.''

Lloyd Orodelo

Intrigued, Thomas rose an eyebrow. "What kind of tea?" He asked with a smile. "I ask because of the specific pot you need, regular tea isn't that picky."

Marie-Ann entered the room with two small plate, a triangular piece of white cake on them. White frosting and cutted strawberries were decorating it. Annie was fallowing her mother, carying the nessessary for tea on a cart. "Thank you ladies, I'm glad to have you!" He said with joy, "stay around and call Edward, Mademoiselle Aluria would like to make tea for us. I can tell you, it's the best tea you'll ever drink!"

Annie went in the kitchen and called Edward.

A man came in. He had snow white skin and had deep blue eyes. His black hair was kept to his jaw lenght. Edward was around the mid thirties.  "Edward, meet my guest Aluria. She will brew us some tea. Isn't it kind of her?" Asked Thomas to Edward.

"Indeed Sir." Answered Edward with a warm smile.

SilmeriaElemred

The sight of the cake alone was enough to make Aluria smile. And she greeted each of the staff in the room once more before she elaborated to Thomas why the specifications were there.

''A couple of months ago I learned how to make teaflowers. It is a combination of white tea, herbs, blossom and flowers gently being put together as a sphere and dried. When exposed to hot water that has been boiled, it can give a very pretty result. But in order to see, you need a glass teapot. I can not make them small enough yet for cupsizes.''

Lloyd Orodelo

Thomas smile and stood up. He walked around the table and sat back next to the elf. "We have everything you need my dear."

Annie, Marie-Ann and Edward were all sitting next to each other, in front of Tomas and Aluria. They suddenly looked like a family. "I want you to meet the the family that has been working for me all those years, more formally this time." He said, adoration for his servants in his eyes.

As Aluria made the tea, Thomas studied her every movement. He wanted to make her tea one day, maybe even the one she made for him earlier. He wanted to impress her too. Not now but maybe when they would get to know each other better.

SilmeriaElemred

Aluria looked at them before bowing her head, thanking them for having done such a good job looking after Thomas. Almost making it sound as if she knew them her whole life.

When everything was prepared, and the water was at its right temperature, Aluria put the greenish grey sphere in the pot and it sank to the bottem. Slowly, it started to open like a bud and a couple of small white flowers popped out. A little while later a red one from the middle. Some of the outer leaves had let go however but Aluria did not seemed bothered by it. It was hard to make them and they had not fallen apart like many others before. ''Not bad if I may say so myself.'' she said.

Lloyd Orodelo

Thomas smile of amazement. The flowers were well conserved and opened perfectly. "This is better then many people I know could do, though I'm sure Annie will be pleased to learn this from you!" He said, nodding.

He took his cup and enjoyed the flavors the tea offered. "I can tell that you like using white tea. It's less heavy too, so I agree with this choice." Said Annie, admiration shining deep in her eyes.

"This tea is excisite." Agreed Edward. Marie-Ann simply noded with her usual big, warm smile.

SilmeriaElemred

''It depends a little. Now it is storming outside, it is evening and dinner has been eaten. White tea is not so heavy and can be drunk after a meal without gaining the feeling of being overfull. Also it brightens moods. Since its accents are with  blossoms, flowers and fruit. While black tea on its term generally can be used to calm someone down in a different manner or when serious subjects are discussed. I would not mind teaching you how to make these flowers if you wish.'' Aluria said and looked at Annie. But tea, be it green, black or white... the one making it and added flavours also decide a lot.''

Lloyd Orodelo

Thomas nodded. She was really good at this. He briefly thought of marrying her only for the tea. He blushed. Only for the tea? As she said earlier. No, she was kind and caring. She had the beautifulest smile he ever saw. Did he finally found her? Maybe but only the future would tell.

When tea was over, he invited her to follow him back to the study. "I have many things to discuss and some gifts for you." He then turned to Edward and asked kindly "Would you please bring the boxes to my office?"

"With pleasure Sire!" Replied the butler.

SilmeriaElemred

Aluria nodded but wondered what kinds of things Thomas wanted to discuss. Also. Gifts? It did peek her interest but also more with the question, why. It was the second time they had met one another so why, would he have gifts for her. Furthermore. Boxes. She decided to wait and see what this would turn into. In the way of her people there were only a few occasions on which presents or gifts were given. Birthdays yearly for the first 25 years and every 5 or 10 years after that. Weddings, gaining a title, but all gifts were linked to the kind of occasion. And the gifts were usually clothing, jewelery, or charms to be put on the jewelery. With a littlebit of MoonElf knowledge it was easy to see whom was what and even their age.

She followed him back to the study after getting on her feet and bowing for Edward, Annie and Marie-Ann

Lloyd Orodelo

"I hope it won't be to big for you, though I have a solution for the problem of the bag." He said. "But I wouldn't spoil the surprise. They are gifts after all."

He opened the for and held it for Aluria. Lightning could be heard, muffled by the walls of the mansion.

The desk had three white wooden boxes. Thomas took one (about the size of a baseball) and offered its content to Aluria. A gold bracelet linked to a gold ring by a chain. The second contained a necklace. The last one, a bag. "A bag of holding" quoted Thomas.

SilmeriaElemred

''Bag of... holding?'' Aluria asked. She looked at the bracelet, necklace and the bag. Actually she was not yet 'qualified' to wear golden jewelery. At least not that of her own kin but did say that they were beautiful and took off her own bracelet with ring to fit the golden one. ''I can not say I have heard about a bag of holding before.'' she admitted with a weak embarresment blush on her cheeks.

Lloyd Orodelo

"It is simple. A bag of holding can carry a thousand pounds in it as if it was only ten. To grab something in it you must think about it, the bag will put it on top of everything.i personally chose the materials to make it waterproof. Don't worry, it's totally natural and no animals were injured during the making of this bag.  One thing though... Never put another bag of holding in it of you don't want to explode." He smile. "If you exceed it capacity, the bag will rip apart and everything will spill around you. The enchantment would also disappear."

He looked at Aluria while she was putting her new jewelry on. "They suit you better then expected. Those were made by dwarves when I visited them. I asked them to make something for my sister, who they knew, and they made this. I feel bad because I lied to them and lured them to make those beautiful things for you." He blushed. "Hope that you like your gifts."

SilmeriaElemred

''I am sure I will remember that. I did not know such convenient magic exited.'' she said as she look''Will you not be in trouble if the dwarves asked her if she liked the jewelery?'' Aluria asked with a chuckle. ''I may need some help with the necklace though. Can you lend me a hand?'' there almost seemed to be something temptive to her request as she moved her long hair out of the way and turned around.

Lloyd Orodelo

"Sure!" He exclaimed.

Thomas tied the neckclace gently. Once done, his hand gently stroke Aluria's neck. He felt his heart beat faster. His hand went and stopped on Aluria's shoulder. He bent his neck slightly and kissed the back of Aluria's neck gently.

He blushed and backed away, not wanting to be often use nor 'aggressive'. "I-... I'm sorry. Please give me a minute."

He got out of the room and sat in the hallway, against the white marble floor. His eyes went misty. "What have I done.." He whispered to himself.

SilmeriaElemred

Aluria watched him leave the room. The kiss had made her shiver and was suprised not knowing what to do. She got a hold to herself and went to the door finding Thomas on the ground. ''You know...'' she said silently as she knelt down in front of him. ''You can not just kiss a woman and then walk away.'' she had that smile again. She was not angry by the looks of it and held out her hands. ''come. There is no need to sit on the floor now is there.''

Lloyd Orodelo

Thomas looked at Aluria. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to..."he smiled shyly, "No you're right, I can't just bail out like that." He wiped his eyes and took the elf's hands.

"I guess there isn't, indeed." He stood up and offered her help to stand up as well.

SilmeriaElemred

Aluria accepted his help to get on her feet before cupping his face and gently used her thumbs to softly rub Thomas' cheeks. ''There is no need to say sorry either.'' she assured. She was used of her own kin that they acted to the way they felt or better said litterly following instincts but in an appropiate manner. And now she would follow her own. She stood on her toes a little so it was easier for her to reach and placed a soft kiss on Thomas' forhead. ''Come. Lets get back in the study.'' she suggested. There were still things he wanted to discuss he said earlier and she was curious what it could be.

Lloyd Orodelo

The kiss on his forehead made him shiver. Was that forgiveness he saw in her eye? She was so kind. He giggled.

He fallowed her back in the office. "I forgot, I wanted to talk with you."

He sat on one of the couch, crossing one of his leg over the other's knee.

"I wanted to invite you to stay here for a week or so, if you have the time."

SilmeriaElemred

Aluria pondered. ''I will not be able to stay a whole week..'' she admitted. ''We have an important festival coming up. Me being a priestess am required to be there. I can stay for about 4 days though.'' she said. ''If you like I can arrange for you to be permitted to visit the festival though.''