Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In the graveyard

Started by jubjub123, August 28, 2014, 09:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubjub123

A little girl who looked about eight years old sat silently, alone in front of a very old, decaying tombstone. Tears formed in her raven black eyes, but she quickly blinked them back. A cresent moon illuminated her pale, expressionless face. Her long, flowing jet black hair landed just above her waist. Her small, midnight black angel wings ever so slightly fluttered back and forth, creating a small breeze, which moved her pink partially torn up, partially burned dress around.

Vermillion

Akara pulled down hard and slid the lid on stone sarcophagus with a her might. It hissed with releasing pressure which spat a cloud of stale dust in her face. She coughed loudly and chuckled, "haha, man I can't believe I fell for that again. Damn. Everytime!"

She boosted herself over the edge of the coffin and peered inside. "Ah, there you are baby". She reached in and pulled out a beautiful red gemstone, albeit rather dirty. Akara blew the dust off of it and smiled. She chucked it into the air, catching it and kissing it at stuffing it into her pocket.

On her way out of the mausoleum, she noticed a little girl sitting in front of a tomb stone. She just stood and watched. "Has that kid got wings?" She propped herself up onto a gravestone and waited to see what the little girl would do next.

jubjub123

The little girl heard Akara. The dark angel stood up and whirled around, looking in the general direction of Akara, until her eyes rested on her. The angel said nothing and stared at Akara for several moments. The little girl then sat back down in front of the gravestones. "Who are you?" she asked, still staring at the tombstones.

Vermillion

As the little girl stood and looked at her, Akara was poised to take off. There was something about those black eyes that made her a little uneasy, and that was a hard thing to do. She kept her spot and relaxed when the child turned back to her stone, sobbing. And then she spoke.
Akara replied "I'm just a passer through... Wasn't expecting to see any other folk out here to be honest."

Chronicler

((Any objection to another player?))

Vermillion

Original poster hasn't replied in months, so please  :D post away!

Ethereal-Star

((I might respond to this too. Once I know which character of mine to bring in that is.))

Vermillion

Quote from: Ethereal-Star on November 04, 2014, 08:31:17 AM
((I might respond to this too. Once I know which character of mine to bring in that is.))

((Awesome!))

Chronicler

A soft, deep voice chanted in the dark of the crypt. Aleric stood in the midst of half a dozen coffins tucked into cavities in the stone walls. The only light came from the small crystal vial hanging from his belt, casting a faint reddish glow.

It began with quiet scrapings and rose into a frantic banging before the rotting wood began to break apart. The freshest of the animated corpses which crawled forth would still have been recognizable to his friends and family, if there had been any.

"I've always wanted a family," Aleric said with a smirk.

The necromancer led the way to the surface, and the revenants followed obediently.

He paused at the crypt door, instantly aware that he was not alone. At least two souls crept through the graveyard. He didn't think they were human.

Ethereal-Star

Admar strolled leisurely down the dirt path towards the local cemetery, the pale moonlight glinting off his shimmering colored robes and causing a cascade of rainbow lights to dance around him on the ground. The day itself had been rather uneventful, his studies yielding little in the way of answers which the color invoker master was seeking. Pausing about halfway there, he held up his glass prism towards the light of the white moon, letting the light shine through it for a moment. His eyes became like a haze, as though he were staring into the foggy void of nothing. He remained like this for several minutes, before his eyes retained their normal color returning to reality. The signs indicated he may find his answers in the mausoleum nearby, the direction he was already headed. It never hurt to double check, he assured himself, nodding once in finality.

The mage continued onward, his robes swishing around him as though to a soft melody of sorts, the gentle swish swish being almost hypnotic to anyone who may be passing by. There was a slight chill to the air with a light breeze to accompany it, shadows flailing this way and that in the nightly gloom. Finally, he made it to his destination. Immediately, he sensed dark magic at work. A necromancer doth dwell within, Admar thought. He also noticed two figures by a crumbling gravestone, one a small winged child by the looks of it sitting there sobbing. The other was crouched nearby, watching the child with both curiosity and uneasiness present in her posture. The latter appeared to be a wolf shifter of some sort or another. However, the magic he sensed came not from either of them, but inside the darkened entrance to the crypt itself. It had to be there the wielder of dark arts were present.

Bracing himself, he walked right past the two figures and stood just outside the entrance but a little to the right of and once more his eyes went hazy. Contemplating the nature of who was inside before a direct confrontation was always the wise thing to do, he surmised. Admar waited for the dark mage to venture outside. He wished very much to speak with him, figuring perhaps he could learn from this individual. After all, the color invoker tapped into a variety of energies, with some of these not always being benign. It was energy and magic, nonetheless. He only did harm with it when the need arose which truthfully was not very often. Soon, the door was pushed open and a figure began to emerge from within.

Chronicler

A red gleam flickered for a moment in Aleric's eyes as he snapped his head to the side to meet Admar's gaze.

"You know places such as this can be dangerous at night," he said with a hard edge to his voice. "One never knows what sort of creatures may be about. It's best not to sneak up on the sort of strangers who tend to be in a graveyard after dark."

Ethereal-Star

Admar merely looked at the necromancer calmly. "Admar is not worried, Admar can handle himself if trouble were to arise." he stated folding his arms and looking not the least bit put-off by the red gleam in the other mage's eyes. "Tell Admar this, friend. You and he are both mages here, and both are mature enough to talk in a civil manner, is this not true?" He raised a thin black eyebrow at the dark man, spreading his hands wide in a nonchalant gesture.

"One such as he would wonder why thee is raising the dead and for what reason other than for kicks? Or perhaps there is another reason, hmmm? Admar is eager to know."

Chronicler

Aleric smirked, gesturing for the group of zombies to join him. Six shambling corpses filed out of the crypt.

"I have come into possession of a certain artifact," he said cryptically. "As it happens, only the bloodline of this family can activate it. This would certainly have been more convenient had I known that before I killed the son."

He pointed at the young man beside him who was clearly only recently deceased.

"Technically I only need one of them, but one can never be too careful."

Ethereal-Star

Admar frowned momentarily at the mention of the necromancer killing someone, but it was to be expected for his type to do so anyways. However, his interest had been peaked at the mention of a magical artifact. "Oh?" he questioned. "What manner of artifact is it, if Admar may so boldly inquire? This mage is always interested in finding out all sorts of rare and hard to obtain information as well as items of magical relevance to Admar's studies. Which can cover a wide base, mind you."

The color invoker looked at the shambling corpses with curious eyes. "What do you plan to do with these bodies after you accomplish your task? It would be wise to return them to their resting places so that one's activities do not attract unwanted attention. Unless, of course you plan to raise an army. Not that Admar himself would advise such, but to each mage's own."

The mage briefly wrinkled his nose in disgust at the stench of some of the walking corpses, but nonetheless continued speaking. "Admar himself came here to find out about the origins of a rare magical item that he has been unable to discover much about he is chagrined to admit. His books and documents on the subject aren't very helpful, he says. Admar is most interested in hearing about this artifact you have come into possession of. Mayhap you and he can discuss it over a drink? Admar knows of a wonderful little inn that serves honey mead. This mage is rather partial to honey mead if he does say so himself. The taste is most exquisite! But alas, Admar fears he may have gone off track from the point of this conversation."

Vermillion

With no reply from the child, Akara's attention was drawn elsewhere with the sound of grinding rock followed by the faint murmur of conversation.

"Sounds like a crypt door opening, or a sarcophagus perhaps?" She thought to herself. And why not. It made perfect sense considering she was in the middle of a graveyard, what else would it be?.

In any case, an opened crypt was a pocket full of coin for someone like Akara.  The only people who were buried in mausoleums in this day and age were nobles and people of high status, dripping with gold and silver.

"They're bound to be buried with valuable possessions" she rubbed her hands together greedily and grinned as she crept through the graveyard towards the voices.

Chronicler

Aleric said nothing, but at a gesture of his hand the young heir moved to his side, while the rest of his family closed the heavy marble door of the crypt, sealing themselves inside.

"I would love to join you," he said. "Have you the skill to make our friend here look like he remains among the living?"

He raised one finger to his lips in thought. "Shall we invite her?" he asked.

Ethereal-Star

Admar glanced behind him as one of the two people from before came slinking through the shadows towards the mages, trying for all intents and purposes to remain hidden. However, the blackness proved no bother to Admar's vision for he saw the shifter clearly in the dark. There was no threat that he could sense from this person, she appeared to be here on her own shady business. Much like the two mages themselves were.

He turned back to the necromancer and pondered at his words. "Admar believes it can be done. Tis' would be an illusion only, mind you."

Focusing on the deceased's body, he closed his eyes and gathered his energies about him, muttering a few strange arcane words in a bizarre tongue, known only to a very select few. Opening his eyes, he directed this combination of energy to the subject in question, utilizing a mixture of white and gray energies. White for life, and gray for the illusion of such. As he finished his hand gestures, the corpse itself began to take on a more lifelike look until color appeared to enter the deceased heir's skin, making it look not quite so pale and gaunt. The smell was also gone, thanks to his magic. Satisfied, he examined his handiwork. The corpse looked like one of the living now, eyes appearing sentient and with intelligence in them. "There, that should do it." Admar told Aleric. "The effects will last about a day, before the magic will need to be renewed."

He then turned to look at the steadily approaching figure. "Admar and his acquaintance know you're there." he called out to her. "Come now, don't be shy, Admar does not bite. Mayhap a drink would interest thee?"