Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Red, Rude and Prude

Started by visualspice, September 02, 2014, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Surprised by this (considering the whole ordeal was a bit of a stretch and lie) she simply sighed and gave a shrug.
"Then I guess the blind lead the blind."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Red gave her another smirk, but whatever he had to say had to wait because Hakeem climbed up onto the back of a cart and shouted a long-winded speech in Essyrni. His men all seemed roused by the narrative, judging by the way they cheered and gathered their camels and supplies...

... for the short trip down to the docks. Hakeem's face had turned redder than a ripe apple as he tried desperately to both organize a ship that would take them down the river and southward toward Kishahn, and to convince some of his angry hired hands that they were no longer needed on the trip.

Hakeem was so flustered by this new chaos that he didn't even get a chance to find Red in the crowd and either berate him or beat him -- or both. That left Red idly leaning against one of the river's warehouses as he watched the anarchy unfold. After a while he glanced over to Beatrice and asked very casually, "So, Miss Warner. What's so special about the Wings of Hakeshna?"

Not that she'd even mentioned anything of the sort, but he guessed that's what she wanted.

visualspice

Beatrice was amused a bit at first at the chaos- it served Hakeem well to have himself be so over prepared and not even do a lick of research about this expedition. But she wouldn't tell him she already had her own boat awaiting her on the Niafi River, and soon found herself amongst Red's company at the dock.

She raised a brow at his question.
"You know as well as I it's just a myth." And she could have chuckled at that, but left her eyes to do the laughing. "I'm not actually looking for that."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

"Oh?" Red said, brow raising on his reddish face, "so what exactly are you looking for? Because if it's small peas, you can bet the great and powerful Opus Dey won't even be a bit fazed. He's all about the big items."

Another guess as to her motives, but he simply waited for her reaction to his words. It was easier than asking. He did add one little bit though, before biting into a fresh mango he'd snatched from a nearby fruit cart.

"And for the record, the Wings of Hakeshna are real. I've seen em."

visualspice

"What I'm really after.. perhaps is not your concern. But it's hardy got to do anything about peas."
Watching him bite into the mango, she frowned. But then her attentions perked up at the last statement he said.
And that's when she laughed.

"Got some humor in you don't you? Mister Red... please, I've been all over the world. I know my myths and my legends. And you so, have not seen the wings of Hakeshna."

Cambie

Red looked at her pointedly, which must've looked slightly funny given he was chewing a large mouthful of mango. A small trail of orange liquid rolled down his lip and chin, and he hastily wiped it away. He didn't challenge her, but merely gave a small shrug. He owed her his life, but if she didn't ask him to lead her to the Wings then he had nothing to feel bad about.

"Suit yourself, Miss Warner,"
he said after he swallowed the mouthful of mango. Gods, did it taste good. After weeks of prison slop, real food was heavenly. "You keep sticking to your myths and legends then, I'll stick to my real world know-how. But now I'll have to figure out a different place to take you folks."

visualspice

She quirked a brow as she studied him.
"Oh? But I promised Hakeem those wings.." she told him almost sing songedly. "It would be a shame to change course now... and for him to believe us that we'd be taking him to any sort of treasure at all."

And she was pacing lightly around him now, thinking it over before glancing back to him.
"Do you really think the wings are in the jungle?"
It seemed a fool's proposition if anything.

Cambie

Finishing the mango, he tossed its empty skin into the waters of the Niafi before giving her a small mischievous grin. "That really depends on if they're where I left 'em."

And with that he hopped off his post and sauntered down the dock to check out the ships, daring her to follow with her burning curiosity.

visualspice

And just like that he'd leave her hanging? Oh, that figures the scoundrel of a man would pique her curiosity. Following after, for she would not be ignored (they were sort of somewhat plotting together, anyhow!)- she prodded him with more questions.

"What do you mean where you put them?"

Cambie

Red stopped before one particular barge, letting out a low whistle. It was a damn fine boat, one of the nicest he'd seen on the Niafi in a long time. Whoever owned this baby must've been worth a fortune.

Glancing over his shoulder at Beatrice, he shrugged again. "It's exactly what it sounds like, Miss Warner. I said it the first time that they're real."

He grinned. "Funny thing is, I put them there so our mutual friend Opus Dey wouldn't be able to find them. Probably why he got me thrown in prison. What a nice person."

visualspice

At that, she could have laughed but simply smiled at him in good humor.
"And just... what are you to Opus Dey, exactly?"

Cambie

"That's a tough one, Missy," he said with a slight frown, turning back to the nice barge to buy him some time to think.

"I guess the term 'friendly rivals' works. Wait, no, how about 'competing acquaintances'? See, it's really hard to explain and you're better off not knowing."

visualspice

"We've got a long journey ahead of us, Red," and she cut him a knowing look. "You'll come around." And she moved over to step onto her boat. "If you need me, I'll be in my quarters... waiting on Kareem and his... men."

Cambie

This time it was Red's turn to gawk.

"Wait, this is YOUR boat?"

And he hastily followed her up the gangplank, hissing under his breath. "Don't let ratty see you! The point is to make him struggle to find a ship!"

visualspice

Beatrice gave a tiring sigh.
"Hakeem is too busy to notice. But keep flapping your lips and the man might see us." And here she paused before a door and asked him, "Do you like champaign? It's going to be a long wait."

Cambie

Red's brow furrowed slightly at her. The nerve of this girl! How did this glorified librarian ever end up on this journey, HIS journey?

Of course, it wasn't exactly his journey for he was merely a guide and a prisoner now. And technically she had saved his life and had organized this entire expedition, which made her his boss in some respect. But who was counting?

The thought of champagne almost made him salivate. It'd been too long since he'd had a good drink. "Lead the way, Miss Warner."

visualspice

Beatrice quirked a brow at him when he used miss, but didn't comment on it. Surely he recalled she was a Lady? If not, she'd correct that slip of tongue again, but with a simple nod, she lead the way and opened the doors and moved past a series of silky, near sparkling mosquito nests to a small, brightly lit common room that- if anything, looked like a miniature study for the wealthy.

In fact, that's more or less what it was. For a marble and gemstone landened globe stood out against a deep recess of candles that were unlit (due to it being day) and framed an area of books along a long, squat shelf. Nearby was a library table, kept tidy with an ink well and supplies nearby.

There were also many other things, like plush chairs, settees, chaise lounges and gilded tea carts. And as they entered into the room, a local man- recently hired as a servant, greeted them both.

"Tea?" he asked. And Lady Warner simply nodded.
"Why yes, please do put some tea water on. But be sure to use the Grey Tea. Oh, and Temmick- would you mind fetching the champagne? No need to get the goblets. I can fetch them myself."

And as the servant bowed and took his leave, Beatrice turned to Red and gestured around her.
"Please, do, have a seat. I'm sure you haven't sat in such nice, foreign chairs in ages." And she paused after a moment, setting two glass goblets on the table before studying his neck.

"Would you like some herbs for your neck? I have an aloe plant on board for such occasions. It works wonders on burns."

Cambie

Red had to hide the fact that he was gawking at his surroundings the moment he stepped into the bowels of her boat. Everything looked so fancy, it almost resembled one of the untouched tombs that he'd found in the past -- jewels and baubles abound.

Flopping himself down onto one of her magnificently cushioned chairs, the Kishahni let out a long relaxed sigh and leaned his head back. "Ahhh... this is much better than a shitty cell, I'll tell you that much!" Before the servant could get very far, Red reached out and grabbed him by the forearm. "Bring some snacks too, eh? Thanks friend."

The offer of herbal remedy brought Red's attention back to Beatrice. He raised a brow but then gave his stubbled chin a rub. "Yeah, that'd be nice. Maybe some for my whole face, I feel like I've been laying in the sun for daaaays."

Which he had been doing. Prison life was a rough kind of life.

visualspice

"To be fair, you do look as red as your name. But Ill be sure to mash up enough then." And with a nod she retreated to the window, and plucked off a few large limbs from the green aloe. It was a very lively plant, and was.already releasing juices before she even began to cut it up. But cut it up she did before using a mortar and pestle to finish the job. Handing over the green cream, she said, "there. This amount should be adequate."

Cambie

Red spent no time taking the little mortar full of green cream and smearing a handful of it on his face. He let out a loud sigh and looked at her, looking like a green cake.

"Lady, you are a lifesaver! I feel like I'm floating in the fountain of Hakeshna."

Which he'd done, of course. Just one of many incidents that landed him in jail.

Tags: