Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Uninvited Change of Plans

Started by paganchick, October 01, 2014, 07:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

Oceana had spent months out at sea, her crew were getting antsy to get a little dose of land, so, being the captain she was, and knowing that not everyone was made from water, she obliged. They were long over due for a supply stop anyways. They could make it a long time out at sea, taking what they need from other ships, but even then, sometimes you just had to go to port.

She had a reputation, she could see it, the fear. Not many could mistake her, she had a look, and an edge about her. two cutlasses on her back and two flint lock pistols on either hip, and those were the visible weapons.

It was early evening, the sun hanging low in the sky, soon to set, still it was hot and humid. Oceana didn't mind though, she had long since grown use to the near intolerable weather. She walked from her ship to the port as if she owned the place, in her mind, she did. It her mind she was the queen, and to most that had caught wind of how ruthless she could be, well the treated her as royalty as well. The heel on her boot clinking against the dock as she made her way towards the taverns.

"Drink up girls, only two days at land," She announced as her crew followed her off the ship. She knew the first place she was headed, the bathhouse. Though the water would be hot, it would be fresh, not diluted with salt like the ocean. She needed a reminder of her sisters, a reminder of the home she had long since left.

DaGlobster

Chenaank waited, checking a pocket watch every now and then. The entrance to the bathhouse was in no way the kind of environment he was used to sealing deals in, but if he could get this nobleman to give up what he thought was a mere piece of jewelry for a sum that was paltry compared to its true value, then sitting in a bathhouse with the rest of the unwashed masses was a small slight. The nobleman feared assassination, so Chenaank had no choice but to grant his request.

They had shaken on it, after all.

The nobleman arrived just on time, wearing robes to disguise himself as a monk from one of the temples. Truly, the man must have been paranoid beyond relief. Chenaank smiled, knowing his method of payment would prove endlessly entertaining to him.

"I trust you've brought it?" Chenaank asked, leaning forwards with anticipation. The nobleman procured a clothing pin, golden with a large, immaculately cut ruby in a diamond shape.

The pin of N'Arath... Chenaank thought to himself, smiling even wider when he saw it.

In a calm and practiced manner, he opened his palm, and a small chest appeared in it in a puff of sweet-smelling lavender smoke. He handed it to the noble, and the noble handed him the ring. The noble opened the small chest, taking out the platinum bracelet within. It was covered with symbols depicting eyes and mirrors, and its craftsmanship was of the most exquisite make.

For Chenaank, those were a dime a dozen. Sight bracelets were common, just not on this plane of existence.

"So...does it work like described?" The noble asked, and Chenaank smiled once more. "Once on, you'll be able to see all of your enemies. Use it wisely, my friend." Chenaank said, and went on his way, walking down the busy street as his cane tapped along with his walking.

He looked at the pin a few more times, before pinning it to his chest, smiling malevolently all the way.

Up ahead, there was something parting the crowd of unwashed peasants. From the whisperings, he could make out that there was someone who terrified the locals coming his way, but he decided to pay it no mind. That was a bridge he could burn when he got there.

paganchick

The villagers parted as she made her way towards the bathhouse, none of the villagers daring stand in her way, leaving her a clear path. They knew from experience that Oceana cut down what, or whom ever made the unwise choice to block her path. She was ruthless, most would say completely heartless. She ran her hands gently through her pale blonde hair, already sighing in content from how lovely her bath was going to be. She could almost feel the hot water washing away all her cares for a couple of moments.

The crowd parted more, then she saw him. She could tell he wasn't a mortal. Something about him, was just off to her. His facade was mortal, one could even say an unremarkable mortal. She knew better than that. So had seen enough demon facades to know one when she encountered it. She could feel her skin crawl, something that happened every time she was around a demon, a sort of Naiad defense mechanism.

Naiads out of there springs were vulnerable, if she were in her springs there was not much any being could do to capture or kill her, out side of her spring, as she was now, it was a different story. Still she held her head high, confidence was half the battle, and she had plenty to go around. If she didn't look weak, didn't act weak, there was a less of a chance that he would come after her.

DaGlobster

Finally, Chenaank laid eyes on the creature that had the masses afraid and unwilling to speak louder than a whisper. She was nice, and would go well with his personal collection. He could smell her heritage on her, as well.

Naiad...

She was proving to be quite the irresistible looking piece of flesh. It would be a trivial matter to make her his property. He was sure the peasants wouldn't mind, seeing as how she looked like the kind who terrorized these people for money. He chuckled, quite openly in fact, as he walked, his cane making a despicable knocking sound against the cobblestones with every two steps he took.

"A pretty little Naiad who fancies herself a pirate. How amusing." He said, trying to goad her. He didn't stop walking, but he slowed down. "It's nice to see that the lesser fey are amusing themselves with delusions of station far beyond their capabilities." He oozed, amusement in every syllable.

Finally, he stopped, more or less twenty feet ahead. He placed his cane in front of him, resting both of his hands on the solid gold head, which was richly engraved.

"You're a long way from your spring, Naiad. Today will be a lesson, in which You'll learn why your pathetic race hides in ponds."

paganchick

Oceana was old enough to know when someone was trying to goad her. She stood her ground, her trench coat being pushed back, revealing to flint lock pistols beautifully engraved and if one looked close enough, enchanted. Guns especially made for situations like the one she stood in. If he took her down, it wouldn't be without a fight, he would leave with a few scars of his own.

"Its not polite to meddle in others business, demon," She spoke, the last word rolling off her tongue in disgust. She could hear the peasants gasp, hearing many take off running in the opposite direction in fear of what might happen.

Oceana laughed, she remembered dragging a demon into her spring once, killing him.
"We no more hide in ponds than your kind hide in the dark."

DaGlobster

"Your understanding is laughable at best. You of all creatures should know our inhabitation of the underworld is not a willing one. Besides, I don't associate with those chaotic savages. A dog in a coma has more foresight than the lot of them all." He said, giving a wayward glance at the pistols. From his experience, he immediately knew their qualities at a glance.

Paltry weapons, compared to the protections he had on himself. Every fiber of his being was covered in enchanted items of the highest calibre. Rings on almost every finger, two necklaces, and even the very clothing on his back. Not to mention he had his magic, and demonic powers standard for a demon of his rank and power.

"Everything is my business, Naiad...or should I say...Oceana?" He said with a despicable smile. "Life, death, gold, happiness, women, blood, information, and so much more". He said, casually leaning on his cane. If there was any concern in his mind (which there wasn't), it didn't show at all.

paganchick

"You make yourself sound like you are the lord over all demonic, which I know you are not," Oceana replied, not unnerved at all.
"How about we just part ways, since you are so civil, no reason to start a commotion for these poor peasants, would hate for them to call a demon hunter, or better yet, a higher ranking demon to end your fun," She spoke, her hands places delicately upon her hips.

DaGlobster

Chenaank broke into a bout of haughty laughter, which caused the rest of the peasants still brave enough to linger to promptly. It was the laugh of a demon about to become incredibly aggressive.

"I'm a GOD among demons, you pretty little worm" He spat, and tapped the ground with his cane. the ground cracked as if some momentous force had just acted upon.

"I've got no intention to stay long enough for a demon hunter to travel here, but..." He paused, checking his watch. "I've got just enough time to teach you your place." He growled, and closed the watch. It disappeared in his hand, and he started walking towards her, malevolent determination in his eyes.

paganchick

"You take me and you will have people after you for as long as you have me, or until you are dead," Oceana replied crossing her arms. She knew her words to be true. Though her crew were cut throats they were loyal. She had saved every single one of them, that is why they didn't call mutiny, that is why even though several of them might have had the capability to over power her they didn't. The had respect.

"So there will be demon hunters after you, its best if we just part ways now," She spoke as she pulled her cutlasses from her back, slowly stepping back, watching him carefully.

DaGlobster

"Oh, your friends are going to come get me? I'm so very terrified." He said, a bored look on his face. "And don't even try to bluff me with demon hunters. I've killed more demon hunters than you've got hairs on your head." He continued.

He spoke as he continued walking, noting with some amusement that Oceana had drawn her cutlasses.

"The sad part is, none of your threats are valid in the slightest. So what if I kill you? Do you think these peasants will want to avenge you? No! They will spit upon your broken corpse. But i'm not going to kill you. Oh no..." He trailed off.

Suddenly from the ground behind him, massive golden chains erupted from the ground, and they surged forwards towards Oceana, intent on battering her.

paganchick

Oceana let out a deep sigh, why couldn't she have been born a powerful demon, it would have made her existence  so much easier. She swung her right sword at the first chain coming at her, barely managing to cut through the chain. She instantly knew that wasn't going to get her far. She dove to the left, dodging the second chain, but only barely. She let out a deep, her entire eyes started to glow a deep blue. Steam from the bath house started to roll towards them, killing the visibility. Still she didn't totally escape the third chain.

The massive thing fell on her ankle, in which she barely was able to pull in from under and away from the chain. She could now only hobble, her ankle was bad, swelling very quickly. Waves of pain started rolling up her leg from her ankle, she bit her lip hard.

She didn't know how she was going to get out of it now.

DaGlobster

As the steamy fog rolled over Chenaank and Oceana, he laughed once more. The chain that had crushed her ankle slithered off into the fog like some kind of vibrant snake, making a horrible scratching noise as it scraped against the cobblestones.

"How quaint. I'm surprised you've managed to conquer these peasants. Fog, against a demon of my calibre?!" He bellowed out into the fog, before it was suddenly and violently blown away. He was no longer in his mortal form, so the full power of his demonic godhood was visible. The golden chains were wrapped around his wrists, like a pair of bracelets.

He shifted his grip and grabbed his cane just below the head, and it came to life with a cracking hum. He held it as if the head was the pommel of a sword, with the thinner end being the point.

The cane seemed to repel the very air around it as it thrummed and crackled with blue lightning, and Cheenank started once again to walk towards her.

paganchick

Oceana wasn't prepared for this. She didn't have a plan, this was all so sudden. She hobbled backwards several steps, the pain from her ankle intense, almost unbearable.

(sorry, short post)

DaGlobster

"Where are your confident words now, Naiad? Where's your crew? Where are your demon hunters?!" He yelled as he continued to stalk towards her. In his anger, he had swung his cane to the side, and the backlash of energy wiped out the entire front side of a building, as if a runaway carriage had come crashing down into it.

"You belong to ME now!" He added, and he thrusted a hand forwards. One of the golden chains shot forwards (albeit a bit smaller now), with the intent of wrapping around her neck.

paganchick

"I will never belong to any man, you can say what you will, and even capture me, but one day you will come to regret it, I swear upon my sisters lives," Ocean growled back with as much anger and animosity.

She knew she couldn't dodge the chains for much longer her ankle had swelled greatly and the pain was only growing.

DaGlobster

With the force of an inevitable doom, the chain wheeled back around almost intelligently, and its cold, metal grasp wrapped itself around Oceana's neck. Forceful and choking could only begin to describe it. Chenaank swung the chain downwards, intent on throwing Oceana to her knees.

"Well, I guess it's good for your philosophy that I'm not a man, then. Swear upon the lives of your loved ones all you wish, Naiad. I'd rather like to see them come get you." He oozed, and his eyes started to glow, and so did the chain.

In a single moment, they vanished from the mortal realm, and in the blink of an eye, they'd be standing in a vast courtyard. The stones were made from perfectly cut white marble, which was specked with gold designs. The courtyard seemed to go on endlessly behind them, and in front of them, towered what could only be described as a bastion of opulence and vice. It stretched upwards and to the sides for what could only be described as infinity.

Massive, golden spires, with waterfalls of molten silver and gold, architecture that seemed to defy the very laws the mortal world was founded upon, and magnificent looking guards to protect it all. There must have been hundreds guarding the entrance, eight feet tall and clad in magnificent suits of enchanted platinum and gold, their bodies hidden behind massive armor plates.

"Certainly not the worst home you've had, eh?"

paganchick

Oceana was thrown to her knees as she clung to her throat as the chains all but completely choked her. The lack of oxygen made her head spin wildly.

If felt like one blurred moments she was at Ainu and the next moment she was in a spectacularly opulent place. Still she wasn't impressed in the slightest.
"Its cold, I would rather be somewhere ugly and feel as if it has life than someone such as this," Oceana snapped angrily as she glared at her capture.

DaGlobster

"You'll get used to it. You might even love it here, give or take a few years. Trust me, you're going to be here for a very long time." Cheenank said with a chuckle, before tugging Oceana along. As they walked up to the steps, the guards parted, leaving enough space for them to walk through comfortably, and once they made it up the forty or so steps, they came face to face with two massive doors, clad in gold and adamantium. Two giant constructs of metal stood by them, and opened them when Cheenank approached with Oceana in tow.

As soon as they stepped inside, Oceana's nose would be assaulted with a comfortable warmth, and the pleasant smell of perfumed air. The entrance hall seemed to go on for infinity, lined with countless works of priceless art from this dimension and the next. Servants (all extremely beautiful young women of a staggering variety of races) all milled about, cleaning, carrying dishes, or just waiting for Cheenank to need something. The halls were also lined with even more guards, and there were a countless number of side doors and hallways that extended from this hallway.

A few more steps in, and the entire place suddenly went silent, all of the servants locking their eyes onto Cheenank and the newest addition. Their eyes held not fear, but a certain degree of eagerness.

"Isn't it magnificent? An infinite palace, containing infinite wealth. Beyond this hall are courtyards, swimming basins, gardens, treasure vaults, dining halls, everything else one would need to live a life a hundred times more gloriously opulent than the richest emperor on your world. And none of it's wasted, either. I take very good care of my servants. Every need they could ever had is fulfilled here. They all live like queens." He explained, smiling and giving a curt wave to the countless servants, who then returned to work, the idle buzz of work resuming.

"Certainly better than being a slave, isn't it?"

paganchick

It was hard not to get captivated the the grandeur of the place. It was a palace most kings dreamed of. So many things, Oceana didn't understand why a being with so much would want her. She was sure he had other Naiads, with such an extensive collection of not only things but people he couldn't be missing one.

The way the woman acted though, that was what made her sick, so submissive, so, disgusting. It all left a bitter taste in her mouth. She looked over the women sharply, like a human looking at ants.
"I've never seen a queen do house chores," Ocean replied looking sharply up at the demon. She had no intention of becoming the beings servant. Anything he wanted out of her he was going to have to take by force.

DaGlobster

Chenaank laughed. "Well, they've got to earn their keep somehow. The guards need to be kept fed, the palace needs to be kept clean, and I need to be kept...entertained." Chenaank explained, and he looked down at Oceana to match her gaze. Every once in a while, a servant would reach up to a necklace (all the slaves possessed identical necklaces) and just suddenly disappear.

"Many were defiant as you are now, but they came to realize sooner or later that their existence is a blessed one." He added, giving Oceana's chain a sharp pull so he could pull her face closer to his.

"You're going to fit right in, you'll see."

After those words, Chenaank suddenly turned to the right, leading her into a door. When they stepped through, the air itself seemed to change. Slight motes of women's perfume permeated the air in the massive, seemingly endless servant's quarters. The door itself seemed to change as they walked through, revealing that the doors used to travel around the palace are indeed magical, a feature necessary for such a massive construction.

For as far as the eye could see, there were doors upon doors, presumably leading to living quarters, and they stretched onwards for what seemed to be miles. With a snap of his fingers, they were transported somewhere else, a small room filled with handmaidens, wardrobes, and countless other objects.

It looked like an empress' changing room.

Suddenly, the chain around Oceana's neck disappeared, and Chenaank thrust her forwards with a push. "New girl. Orient her." He said, and the handmaidens smiled and nodded.

Tags: